PDA

View Full Version : Greggs David goodwillie

62Hibs70
09-01-2013, 08:02 AM
Heard a rumour from a united mate that he's coming here, could be a load of **** but has anyone else heard anythin similar?
Feel would Be a brilliant signing, big strong lad who finds the net, could see him and Leigh workin well together.
With him being out of favour at Blackburn too think their could be something in this especially as a loan.

marinello59
09-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Heard a rumour from a united mate that he's coming here, could be a load of **** but has anyone else heard anythin similar?
Feel would Be a brilliant signing, big strong lad who finds the net, could see him and Leigh workin well together.
With him being out of favour at Blackburn too think their could be something in this especially as a loan.

Me. I've heard loads of *****. :agree:

Mr White
09-01-2013, 08:08 AM
I'd prefer we didn't sign players of his standard of bawbaggery but I accept that shouldn't be the main consideration as he would score goals for us. FWIW I don't think this will happen.

LancsHibs
09-01-2013, 08:09 AM
Interesting and would be a bit of a coup for us:thumbsup: but a bit like Wolves there are management changes iminant at Blackburn (I hear it's going to be Michael Appleton from Blackpool:wink:)

Mon Dieu4
09-01-2013, 08:12 AM
that can't be right, he's signing for the Yams is he not?

lucky
I hope not, don't care how good he was in the past. His behavior has been unacceptable in the past and is more suit at the PBS

allezsauzee
I think he'd be a great signing, however if we have this sort of money to spend on wages, I'd much prefer we kept Leigh

LancsHibs
09-01-2013, 08:18 AM
I think he'd be a great signing, however if we have this sort of money to spend on wages, I'd much prefer we kept Leigh

Both would be nice!:pray: Griffiths & Goodwillie would score bags of goals, more than Griffiths & Doyle that's for sure

The Harp Awakes
09-01-2013, 08:19 AM

Heard the same before Christmas. I believe it was the subject of a thread on an Arabs supporters website.

spike220
09-01-2013, 08:25 AM

Is this just an old rumour recycled or a new rumour?:confused:

62Hibs70
09-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Thought his past may put some off although am sure he was found not guilty for rape? A couple of fights off field but nothin were not used to. Am sure Fenlon would b able to have a positive impact and get best out of him. Also no matter what has happened off field he always seems to stay focused and do the business on the park

62Hibs70
09-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Is this just an old rumour recycled or a new rumour?:confused:

No idea pal just got a text off my mate last night, so am presuming new

Just_Jimmy
09-01-2013, 08:35 AM
He's a ****bag. Anyone who was around dundee when he was there was well aware of his antics.

I'd stay well clear. New attitude at hibernian. He's not welcome.

62Hibs70
09-01-2013, 08:44 AM
He's a ****bag. Anyone who was around dundee when he was there was well aware of his antics.

Fancy explain for those of who weren't around dundee? Make a name for himself as a billy big time?

Pretty Boy
09-01-2013, 08:44 AM
I'd take him.

The rape incident isnt really relevant as he was never found guilty and is currently trying to sue the woman in question for defamation. Graham Stack had a similar past on this front and was 'a bit of a character' if i remember rightly.

2 convictions for assault in 08 and 09 are pretty poor reading. Then a further conviction in 12 for an incident that took place in 10. An incident that most on here defended his actions in when they saw the video.

Since then not a lot. Mayeb, just maybe, he's calmed down, realised how close he was to.going to prison and decided to keep his head down.

He's a good player and would score goals at this level. It's up to PF if he wants to take the risk that he's actually sorted himself out.

down-the-slope
09-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Would fit perfectly with Pats template for the type of characters and professional standards that will make us stronger :rolleyes:

Aldo
09-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Would be an excellent addition IMHO.

We can only but dream. Won't happen

Thomson
09-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Don't know if it's just me or not but, don't people who start a transfer rumour, with such little posts, normally get lynched for being ****? :wink:
I haven't heard another antic about him since he was still in Scotland, so maybe he's calmed down a bit. Will definitely score goals so would take him on board, but don't really think this would happen.

Beefster
09-01-2013, 09:15 AM
I think we should refuse players who would improve our team. I love watching mediocre players as long as they never do anything wrong off the field.

Jones28
09-01-2013, 09:19 AM
On loan I take it? Would a terrific signing.

He was found not guilty of the rape thing, and everyone does stupid things when they're young. Fights happen every Friday and Saturday with young (and in many cases not so young) men

spike220
09-01-2013, 09:21 AM
I think we should refuse players who would improve our team. I love watching mediocre players as long as they never do anything wrong off the field.

Rod is that you???

Green&White
09-01-2013, 09:23 AM
I just signed him for hibs on loan in FM13 in my second season. could be fate of some kind. :agree:

SaulGoodman
09-01-2013, 09:26 AM

:agree:

Kuqi is dire, but at least he seems a really nice guy. Same with O'hanlon etc.

62Hibs70
09-01-2013, 09:34 AM

Kuqi is dire, but at least he seems a really nice guy. Same with O'hanlon etc.

Glad to see some folk agree with us bringing in quality such as goodwillie, folk like riordan and oconnor have been just as bad if not worse off field but have still had the support from fans and scored goals, to me goodwillie is no different, especially with Fenlon he would make sure he behaved off field. Like u say we can sign boys who might score 5 goals a season and cause no hassle or sign one that scores 15 with a history of being in 2 fights..... Easy decision for me

Speedway
09-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Interesting and would be a bit of a coup for us:thumbsup: but a bit like Wolves there are management changes iminant at Blackburn (I hear it's going to be Michael Appleton from Blackpool:wink:)

How is Appleton's stock so high? What has he done? He's like the new Steve Bruce without the illustrious playing career, sought by everyone, done nowt.

As for badmember, he's the new GO'C with tats and habits to match.

Hibby Kay-Yay
09-01-2013, 09:51 AM
I'm not getting the snide remarks about us signing well behaved players? We have Griffiths don't we, he's no angel.

Build a bridge and get over it.

500miles
09-01-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm not getting the snide remarks about us signing well behaved players? We have Griffiths don't we, he's no angel.

Build a bridge and get over it.

Here, it's no our Leigh's fault he appears to have armour piercing sperm! He's a good laddie really..... just like's his hole....and other folks'.

Seriously though, I don't get the demand for Goodwillie - he's not nearly as prolific as someone with his ability should be.

brog
09-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Here, it's no our Leigh's fault he appears to have armour piercing sperm! He's a good laddie really..... just like's his hole....and other folks'.

Seriously though, I don't get the demand for Goodwillie - he's not nearly as prolific as someone with his ability should be.

Like Liam Craig seemed to score against us every game, in fact I think DG's 1st ever SPL goal was at ER. Perhaps we're doing a Celtc & just signing players to stop them playing against us. Now if we just bring back Deek & Gazza we'd only be 1 short of an Infamous Five! Seriously fwiw I think DG would be an outstanding signing.

PatHead
09-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Watch this, Hearts will sneak in as usual and steal him from under our noses just when we think he is signed up. It really sickens me.

Aldo
09-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Watch this, Hearts will sneak in as usual and steal him from under our noses just when we think he is signed up. It really sickens me.

No they won't. He's not under 21 so that'll be that.

Embargo decrees that its one in one out and that the player needs to be under 21 and in less wages than the out going playing.

Here endeth their involvement.

SaulGoodman
09-01-2013, 12:08 PM

That's impossible.. Hearts are in trouble, didn't you know? :greengrin

Prawn Sandwich
09-01-2013, 12:11 PM
I think if Goodewillie were to come to Hibs it would be to replace Griffiths.

It would be kind of ironic one Goodewillie replacing another....... think about it. :greengrin

hibbill2002
09-01-2013, 12:14 PM
I just got that, what a dick eh? ;/)

clerriehibs
09-01-2013, 12:26 PM
On and off the field, far worse than riordan ever was.

Bring back deeks!

cocopops1875
09-01-2013, 12:56 PM

What sort of money ?

Bostonhibby
09-01-2013, 05:41 PM

celtc probably dont want him, so if the rest of the clubs trading legitimately this window cant afford him that just leaves Ha ha ha Hertz who could pay the wages, oh wait a minute :jamboclow

Hibercelona
09-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Players who have a rotten attitude off the field, tend to have rotten attitude on it as well regardless of how technically gifted they are.

The last thing we need is to start signing players again who only put in a shift when they feel like it.

ancient hibee
09-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Where's the money coming from?

bigwheel
09-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Where's the money coming from?

Ah Rod , I thought this thread might flush you out ! 😄

ancient hibee
09-01-2013, 06:47 PM
ah rod , i thought this thread might flush you out ! 

curses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seven nowt
09-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Goodwillie is a very good player. Never heard the rumour but I'd love to see him in the famous green and white.

ballengeich
09-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Players who have a rotten attitude off the field, tend to have rotten attitude on it as well regardless of how technically gifted they are.

The last thing we need is to start signing players again who only put in a shift when they feel like it.

I don't recall Goodwillie ever being criticised for his attitude on the park. His problem was an inability to walk away from potential trouble in pubs. If he's not been in any bother since moving south it might be that he's grown up a bit.

hungryhibs
09-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Get him signed cracking player he got found not guilty for rape so he is innocent as for the fighting who would not have stuck up for there mate when out on the town? A no a would he would do a brilliant job for hibs

Bishop Hibee
09-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Stood out like a sore thumb in United colours whenever I saw him playing against us. He'd be a great signing but it would still leave us looking for players with pace as he isn't the quickest if I recall correctly.

Prof. Shaggy
09-01-2013, 09:13 PM
...he got found not guilty for rape so he is innocent...

While he's innocent until proven guilty, I seem to recall charges were dropped due to insufficient evidence.

Northernhibee
09-01-2013, 09:25 PM
While he's innocent until proven guilty, I seem to recall charges were dropped due to insufficient evidence.

Meaning that he's innocent.

Prof. Shaggy
09-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Meaning that he's innocent.

But not "found not guilty".

GordonHFC
09-01-2013, 09:46 PM
But not "found not guilty".

?

Prof. Shaggy
09-01-2013, 09:53 PM
?

Goodwillie was not tried and found not guilty.
Several posters have wrongly said he was.

Clear?

Northernhibee
09-01-2013, 09:56 PM

Clear?

You don't need to be found not guilty to be innocent. That is the entire basis of our legal system. Untill you are proven guilty, you are innocent.

It's one of the things we really take for granted in this country.

Prof. Shaggy
09-01-2013, 10:01 PM
You don't need to be found not guilty to be innocent. That is the entire basis of our legal system. Untill you are proven guilty, you are innocent.

It's one of the things we really take for granted in this country.

Indeed, but you have to be found not guilty to be found not guilty.

GordonHFC
09-01-2013, 10:11 PM

Clear?

Perfectly clear. Just don't see why you are making the point as if he were guilty of something.

pontius pilate
09-01-2013, 10:17 PM
But then you have a not guilty plea accepted for instance you have been charged with say 5 crimes which you have committed and for an easier sentence only plead to 3 and 2 Are ngpa does that mean you are still guilty of said 2 crimes. Then you have not proven and at any time in a trial a sheriff may decide no case to answer if the crowns case has any reasonable doubt key word being reasonable doubt.

Prof. Shaggy
09-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Perfectly clear. Just don't see why you are making the point as if he were guilty of something.

I made the point in order to correct the statement that he had been found not guilty.
As if nothing.

SaulGoodman
09-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Thought there was a "Not Proven" verdict or something along those lines in Scotland?

Wouldn't that be the case?

HibeeN
09-01-2013, 11:38 PM
Thought there was a "Not Proven" verdict or something along those lines in Scotland?

Wouldn't that be the case?

:agree: Yes, but that doesn't really matter here. Goodwillie was not found "guilty/not guilty/not proven" because it never made it that far - there was insufficient evidence and the charges were dropped.

An earlier poster said Goodwillie was found not guilty, and Prof. ****gy corrected him by saying that wasn't true, as the case never made it that far.

SaulGoodman
09-01-2013, 11:39 PM
:agree: Yes, but that doesn't really matter here. Goodwillie was not found "guilty/not guilty/not proven" because it never made it that far - there was insufficient evidence and the charges were dropped.

An earlier poster said Goodwillie was found not guilty, and Prof. ****gy corrected him by saying that wasn't true, as the case never made it that far.
Ah, I see :aok:

WheresTheBevvy?
09-01-2013, 11:56 PM
rather than goodwillie what about adam rooney? on lone at swindon town.

ScottB
09-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. We've had enough badly behaved numpties getting in trouble with the Police in recent years.

SteveHFC
09-01-2013, 11:59 PM
Goodwillie would be a great signing. :agree:

Would score goals for fun :agree:

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2013, 12:01 AM

Ritchie
10-01-2013, 11:53 AM
On and off the field, far worse than riordan ever was.

Bring back deeks!

REALLY!?!?!?

Deeks is finished i'm sorry to say.

Goodwillie would be a fantastic signing.... won't happen though.

truehibernian
10-01-2013, 12:03 PM
REALLY!?!?!?

Deeks is finished i'm sorry to say.

Goodwillie would be a fantastic signing.... won't happen though.

I would never ever write off a player with the natural ability and skill level that Derek possesses - there are not many players who, on their day, come close to a fit, revitalised, enthusiatic Derek Riordan - I was a critic of DR's workrate second time around however there was always a niggle that he'd let getting played out of position get to him and he wasn't 100% fully focused.

Eddie Turnbull told me that Deek was a centre forward and only a centre forward - that's where he should be played. He wants to score goals and lots of them. Can't argue with the great man to be honest. Have you ever seen a Scottish player hit a ball more sweetly on either foot in the last 20 years - I've not.

He is approaching 30 and to be honest, I'd like to see him knuckle down and give football 3 or 4 more years worth of his talent - but he needs to really really want it.

Answer me this though - with 20 minutes to go in an Easter Road derby, at 0-0 and evenly poised - do you think the Hearts defenders would be wary of a Derek Riordan coming off the bench to torment them ? They'd be reaching for the Andrex.

PatHead
10-01-2013, 12:04 PM
rather than goodwillie what about adam rooney? on lone at swindon town.

He has played for 2 clubs (Birmingham in League Cup and Swindon) therefore can't play for a 3rd club in a calender year. I also think Swindon want him permanently.

Sean1875
10-01-2013, 12:13 PM
I work on the doors in Dundee and have heard many a story about Goodwillie, none of them positive. Maybe hes matured since his time away but who knows. Yes he would be great on the pitch for us, but if he is still like what he was off the pitch then its a no from me. Whats the use of 1 good player if he is declining the performance and development of the other 10?

hungryhibs
10-01-2013, 02:05 PM

so if no chargers where brought to court that means he is innocent in my eyes has he got a criminal record for rape? NO has he been done for fighting Yes INNOCENT for the charge of aledged rape

allezsauzee
10-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Get him signed Rodders and he can rape big Zal when the yams come to ER

Ozyhibby
10-01-2013, 11:46 PM
He has played for 2 clubs (Birmingham in League Cup and Swindon) therefore can't play for a 3rd club in a calender year. I also think Swindon want him permanently.

It's only the 11th of January. How has he managed that?

PatHead
10-01-2013, 11:57 PM
It's only the 11th of January. How has he managed that?

Okay I'll rise to the bait. Played for Birmingham in August, Swindon since then so can't play for another club until next August

NOLA
11-01-2013, 12:17 AM

id love to see goodcok and sparky as the partnership, wages is probably the thing that wont see it happening though :( george st bar managers would love to see him too :greengrin

Hermit Crab
11-01-2013, 12:32 AM
No danger of goodwillie signing for us. Christ we all laughed and laughed at the rumour of the yams signing him. The rumour has come full circle now ;-)

leithsansiro
11-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Get him signed Rodders and he can rape big Zal when the yams come to ER

:embarrass

Springbank
12-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Derby goals and cup winning goals = all is forgiven

All those who disagree please queue over in losers lane

Sylar
12-01-2013, 01:06 AM

:agree: - an arse of the highest order.

I thought some of the stories were hearsay or hyperbole but seeing him and his posse in town one night was an eye opening experience.

Incidentally, where are you these days sir?

cam75
12-01-2013, 01:11 AM
I'm sure he will remember the abuse he got,when we were at tannadice,I don't think he will be back in Scotland but just my thoughts on it!

.Sean.
12-01-2013, 01:14 AM
I've heard stories about his activities away from football from a mate who was at Dundee Uni and used to see him out every week - he's a bawbag.

Excellent player though and I'd take him at Hibs, I want to see a team of exciting players on the pitch, couldn't care less what they get up to on a Saturday night. We won't be signing him anyway though.

Eyemouth Hibby
12-01-2013, 03:25 AM
Agreed Sean, If Hibs signed Goodwillie it would be an excellent intention of ambition if nothing else. I know it's a sort of different thread but who wouldn't want to go to *********** with a strikeforce of Goodwillie & Leigh. It almost takes me back to the glory days of Keith Wright and Ooh Aah Jacksona :wink:

Pete
12-01-2013, 04:07 AM
I would never ever write off a player with the natural ability and skill level that Derek possesses - there are not many players who, on their day, come close to a fit, revitalised, enthusiatic Derek Riordan - I was a critic of DR's workrate second time around however there was always a niggle that he'd let getting played out of position get to him and he wasn't 100% fully focused.

Eddie Turnbull told me that Deek was a centre forward and only a centre forward - that's where he should be played. He wants to score goals and lots of them. Can't argue with the great man to be honest. Have you ever seen a Scottish player hit a ball more sweetly on either foot in the last 20 years - I've not.

He is approaching 30 and to be honest, I'd like to see him knuckle down and give football 3 or 4 more years worth of his talent - but he needs to really really want it.

Answer me this though - with 20 minutes to go in an Easter Road derby, at 0-0 and evenly poised - do you think the Hearts defenders would be wary of a Derek Riordan coming off the bench to torment them ? They'd be reaching for the Andrex.

Sums up how I feel about Deek.

Stuff Goodwillie. Imagine a Deek and Sparkie front two.:flag:

vercol36
12-01-2013, 09:28 AM
So is the only source for this story the original poster? A guy who has given himself the imaginative name '62Hibs70' and has only posted a handful of times? :hmmm:

Hermit Crab
12-01-2013, 09:52 AM
so is the only source for this story the original poster? A guy who has given himself the imaginative name '62hibs70' and has only posted a handful of times? :hmmm:

l t y f

Bostonhibby
12-01-2013, 10:47 AM
So is the only source for this story the original poster? A guy who has given himself the imaginative name '62Hibs70' and has only posted a handful of times? :hmmm:

:greengrin Must admit, I thought the Fishman had finally joined Hibs.net. such was the quality of this information :fishin:

MontrealHibs
12-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Riordan is finished, sadly.

basehibby
12-01-2013, 04:17 PM

The bit in bold is key - sadly Deeks has not done enough to demonstrate that he does really want it in recent times - zero goals in half a season in league 2 down south does nothing to demonstrate the necessary drive and desire for example. In any case, if I was Deeks I think I'd have had my fill of Edinburgh - a place he's long been a target for the ire of the Edinburgh bouncing mafia and cannot even legally walk the streets at certain times IIRC.

PS - Goodwillie would be an excellent signing assuming the same player that left Scotland not long ago - do wonder how long he'd manage to stay off the front pages in Edinburgh though.