PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Scottish Cup tickets (£20 & £10)

IanM
09-01-2013, 06:02 AM
Go on general sale tomorrow morning from 10am.

£20 adults
£10 concessions

Aberdeen will most certainly sell out their ticket allocation, always bring a great support down, it would be nice to see if we can get this as clsoe to a sell out as possible..

spread the word
:hibees
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/LatestTicketNews/0,,10290,00.html

Gatecrasher
09-01-2013, 06:21 AM
I cant ever remember Aberdeen selling out their allocation and I dont think this will be any different. I thhink they will briing a decent support down.

Brooster
09-01-2013, 06:24 AM

£20 adults
£10 concessions

Aberdeen will most certainly sell out their ticket allocation, always bring a great support down, it would be nice to see if we can get this as clsoe to a sell out as possible..

spread the word

You think Aberdeen will sell 3800 tickets for a game which is on TV? I hope you are right but i think that's a bit optimistic.

007 Mickey Weir
09-01-2013, 06:37 AM
I don't know, they might. A lot of there fans are based in the central belt.

The_Sauz
09-01-2013, 06:47 AM

£20 adults
£10 concessions

spread the word

That's a shocking price for a ticket, compared to the Yams prices........oh wait:greengrin

IanM
09-01-2013, 07:18 AM
You think Aberdeen will sell 3800 tickets for a game which is on TV? I hope you are right but i think that's a bit optimistic.

I'm just going from what ive read on the aberdeen forums and facebook page - looks as though they're bringing some colour so i just assumed they'll do their best to fill the end too

taken from afc-chat

Not sure if it has been mentioned on here yet, but it has been thrown around on some of the AFC Facebook pages

We play hibs in the cup on the 3rd of Feb at Easter Road and by the looks of things, we are getting the whole end

It has been mentioned that we should bring along red balloons, ticker tape, confetti, toilet rolls etc. Its a big cup game so lets make it a spectacle and be seen and heard throughout the game

Sect43
09-01-2013, 07:19 AM
From what I've heard they are very confident of selling out. They are also holding a full card display in the away stand.

IanM
09-01-2013, 07:24 AM
From what I've heard they are very confident of selling out. They are also holding a full card display in the away stand.

Sect 43 or anyone else at Hibs got anything organised yet lad? a few weeks away yet, im sure we could have get some donations going.
im sure if we made enough noise that would be good enough during the game but dont want to be outdone by the away fans at ER :)

Chuck Rhoades
09-01-2013, 08:09 AM
Sect 43 or anyone else at Hibs got anything organised yet lad? a few weeks away yet, im sure we could have get some donations going.
im sure if we made enough noise that would be good enough during the game but dont want to be outdone by the away fans at ER :)

We have something in place, but not on the scale they are doing. We won't have the opportunity to do this, as there is no way the East stand will sell out. We will make up for it in other ways though so watch this space.

Donations are always welcomed via PayPal section43hibs@hotmail.co.uk - but we've had the begging bowl out enough already this season, times are hard, that's the reality!

GoldenEagle
09-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Aberdeen will sell out. Same as we took 5.5k through to Ibrox for a 4th round tie that was 12:30 on a Sat morning.

Up to us, as Hibs fans, whether we want to match their enthusiasm or not though to see us through to next round.

Mikey
09-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Aberdeen will sell out. Same as we took 5.5k through to Ibrox for a 4th round tie that was 12:30 on a Sat morning.

Up to us, as Hibs fans, whether we want to match their enthusiasm or not though to see us through to next round.

We certainly don't want a replay up there on a Wednesday night so it's a game we need to win on the day.

It'll be tricky as we're up against a team that folk keep telling us are much better than Hibs (despite being below us in the league :wink:).

JustSimplyHibs
09-01-2013, 01:16 PM
You'll be lucky if there Is 10000 Hibs fans there. Thanks to the stay away and Internet fans (the one's that could attend) will be happy watching the game on TV and moaning on Hib.net about how embarrassing the empty Leith San Siro looks on TV, shown up by a heard of sheep!

i'll be there to watch a famous victory, there is something special gonna happen that day, 4-0 Hibs! :flag::pfgwa:flag: then I'll go home and defend our no-show support on social network sites.

Do the club and team a favour non-attenders, get yer tickets booked.

.Sean.
09-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Fair play them, had the game been up there we wouldn't even take half what they'll bring.

Hopefully we see a big Hibs turn-out but i'm not holding my breath.

IWasThere2016
09-01-2013, 01:21 PM
A real pisser for me that this is on the Sunday as it clashes with my son's football.

The original Saturday ko was perfect too - Mrs at school reunion in town, and me and wee man to the game!

Effed right off! :grr:

Judas Iscariot
09-01-2013, 01:54 PM
A real pisser for me that this is on the Sunday as it clashes with my son's football.

The original Saturday ko was perfect too - Mrs at school reunion in town, and me and wee man to the game!

Effed right off! :grr:

Sure you could still make it if you WANTED to.... :aok:

lord bunberry
09-01-2013, 02:30 PM

The sheep. think they have got a bigger support than they. acctually have i doubt they will sell out

JimBHibees
09-01-2013, 02:34 PM
The sheep. think they have got a bigger support than they. acctually have i doubt they will sell out

I agree

cam75
09-01-2013, 02:40 PM
My son just back from school,Aberdeen are having a family day on 27th with 50percent of school sales going back to school,good touch from Aberdeen.

IWasThere2016
09-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Sure you could still make it if you WANTED to.... :aok:

The wee man will want to play; and I want to see him. TV it will need to be!

marinello59
09-01-2013, 02:43 PM
My son just back from school,Aberdeen are having a family day on 27th with 50percent of school sales going back to school,good touch from Aberdeen.

They have been doing this all season, my wee lads school took advantage of it before Xmas. (He didn't go though!) It's a good scheme but the take up was exceptionally low.

Scouse Hibee
09-01-2013, 02:44 PM

£20 adults
£10 concessions

spread the word

Cup Top Up Rules :greengrin

hibsmad
09-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Fair play them, had the game been up there we wouldn't even take half what they'll bring.

Hopefully we see a big Hibs turn-out but i'm not holding my breath.

You're right but surely you realise that this is down to the fact that Aberdeen have a lot of fans who stay nearer Edinburgh than Aberdeen.

Their fans don't deserve any real credit for turning out in large numbers when coming to ER. A lot of their fans only started supporting them for glory hunting reasons when they were good (long time ago now).

I believe Hibs are a bigger club than Aberdeen, despite Aberdeen taking the odd large travelling support and getting lots of plaudits for doing so.

marinello59
09-01-2013, 02:56 PM
You're right but surely you realise that this is down to the fact that Aberdeen have a lot of fans who stay nearer Edinburgh than Aberdeen.Their fans don't deserve any real credit for turning out in large numbers when coming to ER. A lot of their fans only started supporting them for glory hunting reasons when they were good (long time ago now).

I believe Hibs are a bigger club than Aberdeen, despite Aberdeen taking the odd large travelling support and getting lots of plaudits for doing so.

I am not so sure that is true anymore. (And I don't like giving the Aberdeen fans any credit at all.)

cam75
09-01-2013, 03:03 PM
They have been doing this all season, my wee lads school took advantage of it before Xmas. (He didn't go though!) It's a good scheme but the take up was exceptionally low.

Fair play 1st I've saw it my kids are at cults!

cocopops1875
09-01-2013, 03:14 PM

KEN :thumbsup:

hibsmad
09-01-2013, 03:39 PM
I am not so sure that is true anymore. (And I don't like giving the Aberdeen fans any credit at all.)

There won't be as many Aberdeen fans living near Edinburgh than there was say 10 to 20 years ago but my point was that there are still more Aberdeen fans living near Edinburgh than there are Hibs fans living near Aberdeen. Therefore I felt the initial comparison that Hibs wouldn't be able to take as many fans if the fixture was reversed was a bit unfair.

marinello59
09-01-2013, 03:42 PM
There won't be as many Aberdeen fans living near Edinburgh than there was say 10 to 20 years ago but my point was that there are still more Aberdeen fans living near Edinburgh than there are Hibs fans living near Aberdeen. Therefore I felt the initial comparison that Hibs wouldn't be able to take as many fans if the fixture was reversed was a bit unfair.

Again, I think Aberdeen based Dons fans do make less fuss about travelling to Edinburgh than we do travelling to Aberdeen. (No need for them to boast about it though, there are not near as many travelling as they think .)

marinello59
09-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Fair play 1st I've saw it my kids are at cults!

Great strip the Primary team has there. :thumbsup:

jon paul jones
09-01-2013, 05:58 PM

I second that emotion

Cup Top up rules.......is that £48 in savings for two cup games so far?

HH81
09-01-2013, 06:03 PM
I second that emotion

£45.00.

superfurryhibby
09-01-2013, 06:12 PM
You're right but surely you realise that this is down to the fact that Aberdeen have a lot of fans who stay nearer Edinburgh than Aberdeen.

Their fans don't deserve any real credit for turning out in large numbers when coming to ER. A lot of their fans only started supporting them for glory hunting reasons when they were good (long time ago now).

Hibs are a bigger club than Abersheep. I find the Glory hunting bit odd. They have been gash for most of the past twenty years, not much glory to be had there. I think their fans deserve credit for supporting their team, albeit the Aberdeen diaspora bit it also a factor.

superfurryhibby
09-01-2013, 06:19 PM
I cant ever remember Aberdeen selling out their allocation and I dont think this will be any different. I thhink they will briing a decent support down.

I remember a game some 15 or so years ago when they definitely did sell out the South Stand. They overfill was housed in the old west part of the main stand and me and my then 11 year old laddie has to queue alongside them to gain admission (the family enclosure was also sold out). Some Aberdeen Ewe took it upon herself to approach me and the boy and scream that she hoped my bairn and I would die of aids. Given that there were a fair few of them and only a few HIbbies ( nae sign of any police of course) I had to refrain from knocking her out for her trouble.

One of the more disgusting things that I have experienced at a football match.

Glory Lurker
09-01-2013, 06:21 PM
I second that emotion

Typical flippin ST holders, denying the club money :greengrin

Green Fish
09-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Taken the day off work - say NO to the game on TV and lets get down to ER to cheer the boys through to the next round!! Had a dream last night - pars away next!! :greengrin

TrinityHibs
09-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Typical flippin ST holders, denying the club money :greengrin

I've got two. Sorry:greengrin

Broken Gnome
09-01-2013, 06:48 PM
I remember a game some 15 or so years ago when they definitely did sell out the South Stand. They overfill was housed in the old west part of the main stand and me and my then 11 year old laddie has to queue alongside them to gain admission (the family enclosure was also sold out). Some Aberdeen Ewe took it upon herself to approach me and the boy and scream that she hoped my bairn and I would die of aids. Given that there were a fair few of them and only a few HIbbies ( nae sign of any police of course) I had to refrain from knocking her out for her trouble.

One of the more disgusting things that I have experienced at a football match.

They've never filled the whole South Stand, in its current guise anyway - was it a smaller version or reduced section?

superfurryhibby
09-01-2013, 06:57 PM
They've never filled the whole South Stand, in its current guise anyway - was it a smaller version or reduced section?

Memory says current version. No other reason for them to overflow into the old main stand. Not sure for certain. Maybe some reduced factor in there somewhere.

Borderhibbie76
09-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Some seem to be forgetting our average home gate is higher than the dandies???

hibsmad
09-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Hibs are a bigger club than Abersheep. I find the Glory hunting bit odd. They have been gash for most of the past twenty years, not much glory to be had there. I think their fans deserve credit for supporting their team, albeit the Aberdeen diaspora bit it also a factor.

If fans started following them from outwith Aberdeen around 25 years ago then they are probably still alive and therefore still supporting Aberdeen (most likely just turning up when they have big matches to play in central Scotland).

I admire any supporter in Scotland who chooses not to follow Celtic or The Rangers but I just don't think that they deserve the kind of credit they get when they turn up in large numbers for fixtures like this one. It has been mentioned above that there are not so many who live near Edinburgh and if this is the case then fair enough, but I'm not so sure to be honest.

superfurryhibby
09-01-2013, 08:50 PM
If fans started following them from outwith Aberdeen around 25 years ago then they are probably still alive and therefore still supporting Aberdeen (most likely just turning up when they have big matches to play in central Scotland).

I admire any supporter in Scotland who chooses not to follow Celtic or The Rangers but I just don't think that they deserve the kind of credit they get when they turn up in large numbers for fixtures like this one. It has been mentioned above that there are not so many who live near Edinburgh and if this is the case then fair enough, but I'm not so sure to be honest.

Turning up in numbers for big games, maybe a bit like us Hibs fans?

comparrI reckon there are plenty Aberdeen folk who live elsewhere and if you live elsewhere in Scotland it´s likely to be the central belt (although this would apply to Hibs too I suppose). I have debated that our travelling support is the equal any out with the OF and a brief glance at comparative attendances in the SPL seemed to bear this out.

Anyway, I´m sure Petrie will give them plenty of credit after counting the pennies after our Scottish Cup tie and much as I have a tainted view of the Aberdeen herds, they do back their team by going to away games.

clerriehibs
09-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Turning up in numbers for big games, maybe a bit like us Hibs fans?

comparrI reckon there are plenty Aberdeen folk who live elsewhere and if you live elsewhere in Scotland it´s likely to be the central belt (although this would apply to Hibs too I suppose). I have debated that our travelling support is the equal any out with the OF and a brief glance at comparative attendances in the SPL seemed to bear this out.

Anyway, I´m sure Petrie will give them plenty of credit after counting the pennies after our Scottish Cup tie and much as I have a tainted view of the Aberdeen herds, they do back their team by going to away games.

comment on away supports incl ours rom the likes of van nishtelroy required, i reckon.

cam75
09-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Great strip the Primary team has there. :thumbsup:

Spot on,my sons buddy is millines son there in same class,andersons kids go there as well!

shetlandhibee
09-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Im going to ask mam tomorrow if we can come down for it. Please say she says yes!:pray:

Lets try and get a sell out and make the best atmosphere there's been at ER this year:thumbsup:

:flag::pfgwa:flag::pfgwa:flag:

Allez Allez Allez oooooohhhhh HIBERNIAN FC from the CAPITAL!!!

jgl07
10-01-2013, 01:22 AM

No I can recall Aberdeen filling he South Stand.

There was never a smaller version of the South Stand. Before it was built there was the old terraced area which even Celtic could not fill.

Pete
10-01-2013, 02:58 AM

There was never a smaller version of the South Stand. Before it was built there was the old terraced area which even Celtic could not fill.

Are you sure? Unless my memory is playing tricks on me I seem to remember Celtic, rangers and hearts filling it regularly. Aberdeen a few times as well.

Edit: Im meaning the old terraced end.

Broken Gnome
10-01-2013, 03:47 AM

By South Stand i generally meant away end, be it terracing or the old uncovered seating.

Anyone recall what game it was? :confused

3pm
10-01-2013, 06:42 AM
By South Stand i generally meant away end, be it terracing or the old uncovered seating.

Anyone recall what game it was? :confused

They have filled it or have been close to it. Did we not draw 1-1 on the first day of Mowbray's second season? Maybe that.

Need to check iHibs (is that it's name?).

3pm
10-01-2013, 06:51 AM
Season 2006/7.

Both league games had about 15100 and 16300 people there.

Dandies were going quite well under Jimmy Calderwood.

Might be those games.

superfurryhibby
10-01-2013, 07:35 AM

When the south opened I seem to recall lower tier only being usable for a brief period, facilities and finishing etc?

As for the old terrace, it was most certainly filled by OF and Hearts on a regular basis, even well into the 80's we had crowds of close to 30,000 at ER for big games (and that´s discounting the old cash turnstile system of counting).

Broken Gnome
10-01-2013, 07:45 AM
Season 2006/7.

Both league games had about 15100 and 16300 people there.

Dandies were going quite well under Jimmy Calderwood.

Might be those games.

Both would have had Hibs fans in the South, certainly first day of the season did. I'd genuinely put money on no more than 3,000 Aberdeen fans, if that, ever being in the South Stand as it appears today. The two 2004/05 games that had big importance werent even that well attended.

Keith_M
10-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Why do so many people hate Aberdeen? I can understand Hearts and the Gruesome Twosome but why them?

Anyway, Aberdeen do turn up in bigger numbers at ER than Hibs take to Pittodrie. For them, a 2-3 hour journey to away games is almost the norm but for a lot of Hibs fans, it's considered to be too far away to make the effort.

You should try the journey for an away game from Munich to Rostock. --- 480 Miles!!! --- You bunch of wimps!! :wink:

---

Actually, I feel a song coming on....

"Oh I would walk five hun-dred miles,
and I would walk five hun-dred more,
but a bus trip up to eb-er-deen,
well, blu-dy h*ll, that's just too far"

Chorus:
"Bah-BahBah-Bah,
Bah-BahBah-Bah,
Bah, Bah, Bah, Bah, Bah......"

Gatecrasher
10-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Why do so many people hate Aberdeen? I can understand Hearts and the Gruesome Twosome but why them?

Anyway, Aberdeen do turn up in bigger numbers at ER than Hibs take to Pittodrie. For them, a 2-3 hour journey to away games is almost the norm but for a lot of Hibs fans, it's considered to be too far away to make the effort.

You should try the journey for an away game from Munich to Rostock. --- 480 Miles!!! --- You bunch of wimps!! :wink:

---

Actually, I feel a song coming on....

"Oh I would walk five hun-dred miles,
and I would walk five hun-dred more,
but a bus trip up to eb-er-deen,
well, blu-dy h*ll, that's just too far"

Chorus:
"Bah-BahBah-Bah,
Bah-BahBah-Bah,
Bah, Bah, Bah, Bah, Bah......"
I don't mind them either, their hatred for Rangers and Hearts in particular is very good :agree:

hibeedonald
10-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Both would have had Hibs fans in the South, certainly first day of the season did. I'd genuinely put money on no more than 3,000 Aberdeen fans, if that, ever being in the South Stand as it appears today. The two 2004/05 games that had big importance werent even that well attended.

The game where the beat us 2-1, Riordan scored for us, It was near the end of the season and they were pushing for 3rd too I think, pretty sure Aberdeen end was more or less full. Also the cup game maybe when we 4-1?

Broken Gnome
10-01-2013, 12:51 PM
The game where the beat us 2-1, Riordan scored for us, It was near the end of the season and they were pushing for 3rd too I think, pretty sure Aberdeen end was more or less full. Also the cup game maybe when we 4-1?

2-1, they had both tiers and were some way off filling the bottom, can't remember what the top was like.

The cup game was midweek, they barely had a thousand.

I could set about laying this myth to rest all day :greengrin

For the comparisons over support, they wouldn't have taken just shy of 5,000 to Fir Park like we did

GoldenEagle
10-01-2013, 01:00 PM
2-1, they had both tiers and were some way off filling the bottom, can't remember what the top was like.

For the comparisons over support, they wouldn't have taken just shy of 5,000 to Fir Park like we did

Discounting the 4-5k they take regularly to Dundee clubs.

Broken Gnome
10-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Discounting the 4-5k they take regularly to Dundee clubs.

Which is their equivalent of us playing at Tynecastle. Far greater distance obviously, but as an away trip holds the same sort of importance and is the journey they traditionally make in big numbers.

We've taken 4,500 to Tannadice and about 6,000 to Livingston, swings and roundabouts :)

superfurryhibby
10-01-2013, 01:32 PM

Did you attend games in the mid 1990's Richey? Your memory of sheep comings and going is admirable (would insert a smiley here but i´m in Spain and this seems denied to me)

I am absolutely 100 % certain that they required overspill into the old west part of the main stand. That was the basis for my story about the dying of aids, in my face, verbal attack from some munter sheep lassie.

Generally agree with the wider point that we take bigger support to most away games out with the Dundee ones, but the fact is they did sell out the new South, albeit that it may have been a lower tier access only thing due to the South not being fully finished.

Big Frank
10-01-2013, 01:35 PM
I don't mind them either, their hatred for Rangers and Hearts in particular is very good :agree:

aye, me aswell. They have a hearty dislike for the rankgers and ceptic and the merricks.

Broken Gnome
10-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Did you attend games in the mid 1990's Richey? Your memory of sheep comings and going is admirable (would insert a smiley here but i´m in Spain and this seems denied to me)

I am absolutely 100 % certain that they required overspill into the old west part of the main stand. That was the basis for my story about the dying of aids, in my face, verbal attack from some munter sheep lassie.

Generally agree with the wider point that we take bigger support to most away games out with the Dundee ones, but the fact is they did sell out the new South, albeit that it may have been a lower tier access only thing due to the South not being fully finished.

I'm far too argumentative about it to be honest, just because it's a line that gets peddled out most times we play them, with next to no evidence that they could bring 3,800 down here.

Don't remember most nineties games right enough, so happy to bow to superior knowledge. Half my assumption was that they were never really good enough from the mid-90s to warrant anything more than a couple of thousand. Be genuinely interested to know which one it was though, even if you'd rather forget it for less pleasant reasons....

As for hating them, don't hate them, far from it, just they are responsible for most of the jammiest ER wins I've ever seen and McGhee/Brown made/make them extremely pleasing to beat.