PDA

View Full Version : Yams Hatred

Miguel
08-01-2013, 11:01 PM
I was thinking, after events at the last derby, why the level of hatred between us and them has reached the stage it currently has.
My brother, who is 60, has always loathed them. I think it's because when he started watching Hibs in the late 1950s, they were still enjoying success.
I'm 52 and when I was growing up some of my pals were Hearts. I didn't hate them. I think I didn't really start doing so until about 1983-86, when they started their run against us and got to nearly winning league/cup.
Then there was everything between Mercer and the cup final.
Now, I can't stand them.
Is others experience like my own?

The Harp Awakes
08-01-2013, 11:38 PM
I was thinking, after events at the last derby, why the level of hatred between us and them has reached the stage it currently has.
My brother, who is 60, has always loathed them. I think it's because when he started watching Hibs in the late 1950s, they were still enjoying success.
I'm 52 and when I was growing up some of my pals were Hearts. I didn't hate them. I think I didn't really start doing so until about 1983-86, when they started their run against us and got to nearly winning league/cup.
Now, I can't stand them.

I have relations and pals who are jambos. Some are decent supporters and some are a pain in the ar$e. Pretty much consistent with human beings in general I suppose.

I've never hated HMFC as I think we've got a lot more in common with them than what divides us.

Have to say though, that the way their Manager and and Ryan Stevenson have conducted themselves in the aftermath of the recent derby is shameful. Their antics will only worsen relationships between Hibs and Hearts. Can you believe Stevenson has chosen to appeal the 2 match ban - unbelievable. All he needed to do was apologise for his moment of craziness after the match and accept his ban and we could have moved on.

monktonharp
08-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Now, I can't stand them.
Is others experience like my own?kinda similar. I used to go to derbies in the early 70's wi Jambo mates, beleive it or not. not a case of one week ER,the next Tynie. that's mair o' a 50's early 60's thing imho but, I have grown to despise everything that the stand for in recent years.possibly due to their total arrogance, although them having the upper hand for a good few years has played a part, on both sides of the divide. there is a new twist though with young Hearts fans being more and more arrogant and totally possesed about all things happening to Hibs. I have a couple on my wife's side who just love to turn up uninvited, if we have a few bad results. so sad. however, they keep well away if the gorgie mob have problems, so that is good. I like to just wink to them, and they get my message that they are in a lot more trouble than they like to admit. our day will come, and they will regret their smug arrogance , pretty soon I expect.

Sir David Gray
09-01-2013, 12:20 AM
I think it just comes with the territory of being a fan of a club that has such a big rivalry with another club.

I don't hate any Hearts fans, I know quite a few and get on with them although I could never sit and watch an Edinburgh Derby with them.

The club, however, I really detest with a passion.

Like with any football fan, it's a fairly irrational feeling I have.

Pete
09-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Ever since Romanov. Before him they were still overspending and had arrogant fans but he took them to another level.

These younger hearts fans that another has mentioned...they are about to get one hell of a shock. They should speak to their dads so they can prepare them as they know what life was like for a jambos before the mid eighties.

macd123
09-01-2013, 01:00 AM
I know plenty jambos and tbh the folk that really annoy me are the edinburgh old firm fans. How they can live with themselves i have no idea. If you want to be a glory hunter support man utd or barcelona. But at least back your local club and the place you are from. ffs!

hibbydog
09-01-2013, 06:05 AM
I know plenty non bitter, sensible hearts fans who I have no problem with.

It's their manager I hate:

'They beat Celtic and they thought they were league champions'

'2 games against us and they scored one flukey goal'

His comments/ appeal re the Stevenson tackle utterly ridiculous too.

He is a small minded bitter bar steward with not one ounce of class

The_Sauz
09-01-2013, 06:56 AM
Ever since Romanov. Before him they were still overspending and had arrogant fans but he took them to another level.

These younger hearts fans that another has mentioned...they are about to get one hell of a shock. They should speak to their dads so they can prepare them as they know what life was like for a jambos before the mid eighties.

Ever since Vlads PR machine kicked in and started slanging not just our club, but the area/people of Leith in general!

The_Sauz
09-01-2013, 07:01 AM

Well that's better than their only 1 fluky goal in 3 games against us :wink:

allezsauzee
09-01-2013, 07:18 AM
My fairly mild dislike of them turned into hatred when I lived in Ardmillan and was treated to their enlightened songs about Catholics and Dean Shiels. Even the 'decent' ones still have a superiority complex. Morons!

The_Sauz
09-01-2013, 07:19 AM
QQ....Why do we keep calling fester the Hearts manager :confused:
Managers deal with the day to day issues within the team (wages/contracts/personal/buying/selling/potential loan moves/ect) , He should also pick and train the players,along with making sure that the players learn/discuss tactics prior to a game........he does'nt!
All I see him doing is standing at a rented training ground, pointing his finger and waving his arms around. You can also add the sit-down comedy routine he has mastered when he gives an interview....... and is about it!

superfurryhibby
09-01-2013, 07:20 AM
I think it just comes with the territory of being a fan of a club that has such a big rivalry with another club.

I don't hate any Hearts fans, I know quite a few and get on with them although I could never sit and watch an Edinburgh Derby with the The club, however, I really detest with a passion.

Like with any football fan, it's a fairly irrational feeling I have.

Pretty much the same for me. Most Hearts fans are just like us, itīs a two cheeks of the same erse scenario. Every club has itīs moron element. I reserve my greatest football bile for the OF, Rangers in particular.

#FromTheCapital
09-01-2013, 07:29 AM
I was born in the mid eighties so there has always been a big rivalry as long as I can remember. Never started properly hating them until the Romanov days. Before then they weren't as arrogant as they are now and didn't spout all this big team wee team pish. I come from the west of edinburgh which is predominantly a hearts area so I have witnessed the major change in their attitude over the last few years and it has boiled over into hatred. Beating them these days although it is rare is one of the most satisfying things that can happen because the majority of them can't take it and its great fun winding them up.

Johnny Clash
09-01-2013, 07:37 AM
Now, I can't stand them.

I think every team has supporters who are just complete ass holes!
However a couple of clubs in Scotland do stand out with their bigotry and vile sectarianism.

Most Jambos I know are no different from Hibbys. They just support a different Edinburgh football team and they like to wind up their rivals. I think the recent terms of endearment (hobos... yams) does what it's designed to do for those who are into the name calling thing so maybe that's added to the 'hatred'? I'm not sure.

Their club itself has a pretty rotten history. Hibs have a very proud one right from 1875. Our early years were incredible...fighting against the odds to even have the right to exist. As a result of our pioneering ways... I'd say we had the greatest impact on Scottish football than any other club. We helped form over 70 clubs which more famously included Dundee Hibernian (Utd) and Glasgow Hibernian (Celtic)

The fact Hearts had a good (and totally undeserved) run against us wouldn't make me 'hate' them anymore despite the wind ups and piss taking. I'm happy to get in their faces about 0-7 so getting wind ups from Jambos is just banter that I can easily cope with.

Mister P
As has more or less been intimated above by others, there's a deeper level to understand this.
The 'club' exists as one entity, whilst the fans exist as a separate entity although they ride in tandem.
Even their fan base can be seen in 2 sections, the individuals we all know and the fans as a mass.
The club: is a joke. Utter cowboys to the end.

The individuals: actually no bad, we can all profess to know a few brain nippers I'm sure but generally u can usually get a bit of banter and appreciate their pretty similar to us.

The fans as a mass: completely vile, sectarian, arrogant, false sense if superiority etc etc etc. Probably caused mite recently by their clubs leaders etc. Cannot stand them.

Thoughts?

Others may be able to disect this further but that's my assessment.

basehibby
Hatred is a very strong word which is thrown about pretty carelessly in football circles. Personally I know a lot of Jambos and, far from hating them, many are actually very good friends.

That said, many Jambos certainly have the ability to be very annoying and exist in a state of delusion which can be hard to fathom, although in my experience this has been more a basis for wind-ups and banter than outright hatred.

Perhaps the exception to this rule is the 90 mins of a derby. There is certainly no team on the planet I like to see get gubbed more than the Yams and on derby day their misery is my unexpergated joy. They have had some good runs over us in my lifetime and perhaps that has resulted in feeling something approaching hatred towards HOMFC the institution.

adhibs
09-01-2013, 07:38 AM
my hatred for hearts has increased a lot over the last vew years, mainly for the reasons all mentioned above. Its been good for the derby tho, the hibs end at tynie was brilliant. even if our forms patchy at best up untill the next derby i can see that being a bigger ocasion than the cup game. If there still around that is

us not being complete ***** anymores obvisouly played a part aswell

Hiber-nation
09-01-2013, 07:42 AM
Now, I can't stand them.

I too really started disliking HoMFC intensely from the Derby at the PBS in Sept 1983 when they won 3-2 and Robbo scored twice.

From when I first started watching Hibs we were used to basically owning them and I assumed it would always be that way. Before then our main rivalry was with the OF. But from then onwards it was obvious they meant business and all my jambo mates suddenly crawled out of the woodwork.

Pretty Boy
09-01-2013, 07:43 AM
Got mates who are Hearts fans who are decent guys.
I don't hate them.

I do hate the club as a whole. The whole 'mini huns' thing can be argued until the end of time re the songs they sing etc but imo the mini Rangers extends to their mentality as a club. They are unbelievably arrogant and genuinely seem shocked the authorities are finally getting tough with them. 'How can they do this to us?' Seems to the the general consensus rather than looking a bit closer to home. Whilst never in the same league as Rangers it seems to me they have been a bit to used to being treated as an establishment club over the years.

I'd also add their completely ridiculous belief of their standing in football. 'Big team' and 'the famous'. Like Aberdeeb they would do well to remember if you actually are a big team or famous then you don't have to tell everyone every 30 seconds. There is currently one big and famous team in Scotland and it definitely isn't Hearts.

Thecat23
09-01-2013, 08:04 AM
I've always said I don't really hate Hearts as I have family and friends who support them. But now they are so far up their own jam rolls I hope the club dies a slow painful death and every one involved with that arrogant cheating club suffer too. End of thread. :greengrin

Johnny Clash
09-01-2013, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE=basehibby;3468050]Hatred is a very strong word which is thrown about pretty carelessly in football circles. Personally I know a lot of Jambos and, far from hating them, many are actually very good friends.

Was thinking the same myself.

If I 'hate' Hearts then I have no word to describe how I feel about Thatcher!!

Mister P
09-01-2013, 09:00 AM
I think thatcher was hugely and unfairly misunderstood!

:wink:

Scouse Hibee
09-01-2013, 09:09 AM
I feel no hatred towards any club,it's players or supporters, I do feel very passionate about playing against certain clubs and certain players and have no problem expressing this passion but for me hatred is too strong a word to describe that passion.

DarrenSQH
09-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Its the ones that maybe go to 1 game a season, watch the final on tv but since then every photo or update on facebook has been 5-1 are the ones i dislike the most.

lapsedhibee
09-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Their club itself has a pretty rotten history.

Eh? You do know that if it wasn't for them you'd have had to type that on a German keyboard, right?

#FromTheCapital
09-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Eh? You do know that if it wasn't for them you'd have had to type that on a German keyboard, right?

He would also be typing that post from a nazi dungeon in deepest darkest germany surrounded by Swastikas and pictures of Hitler. Thanks to Hearts the only tache we have to swear allegiance to is Rod Petrie

Keith_M
09-01-2013, 09:48 AM

Well, I'm typing THIS on a German keyboard, so I have NOTHING to be thankful to them for. :wink:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I'd write my personal experience of Hibs/Hearts rivalry, maybe it helps to explain the way a lot of us Hibbies of a certain age think about things.

I always got on really well with my many friends and relatives who were Hearts fans. My Granddad was my early years role model and a Jambo. My first ever game was a derby at ER, in 1979. There was real trouble on the terracing and in the streets (not the pretendy problems of recent derbies). I was verbally abused by Hearts fans after the match, miles from the stadium (even though I was just a kid). In the following summer, I went to Tynecastle to see Hibs play in a pre-season charity cup involving Hibs, Hearts, Man C and Coventry C. I remember being terrified after the game as we walked through hordes of Hearts fans openly boasting about what they were going to do to any Hibbies they met in the street (it wasn't just talk, I saw a few getting beaten up).

My abiding memories of derby matches in the following years were pretty much the same, trying to get in and out of Tynecastle without getting too badly injured. I still got on well with my friends and relatives who supported Hearts but, by now, they had mostly stopped going to games as they hated what most of their support had turned into. In the early/mid eighties, I started hanging about with the CCS and even considered myself, for a couple of years, as a Casual. Most of my friends I went to games with had done the same and it seemed great to me to have all these guys to go to games with that would stick by you when trouble started and I lost the earlier fear I had of going to Tynecastle (I refuse to go into the rights and wrongs of any of this, as it's been done to death).

In recent years, I actually think the hatred between the fans has gone up a notch again, though thankfully not to the level of violence of the late70s/early 80s. I really don't think this is helped by the totally classless statements that have emanated from Hearts, such as the Docksiders comments, in the past few years. To me, this is no different than the stupid press statements of Chuckie Green in recent months, though I do think he's taken it to a new level. What I don't get is quite how obsessed with Hibs so many Hearts fans are now as going one better than us seems to be their raison d'etre.

monktonharp
09-01-2013, 09:50 AM
He would also be typing that post from a nazi dungeon in deepest darkest germany surrounded by Swastikas and pictures of Hitler. Thanks to Hearts the only tache we have to swear allegiance to is Rod Petrie:faf:

Kris1875
09-01-2013, 10:04 AM
I hate them more & more every year , funnily enough it might have something to do with there delusions of grandeur and the fact they seem to get more famous season to season.

Like most on here I have some friends & family that are yams but bar one or two they could all disappear for me .

They've as long as I've known them been so far up themselves its disturbing. The sooner they fold or more likely have to make enough cuts to make have to live like the rest of us the better .

So to recap I'm not a lover of anything in that truly god awful maroon !!!

lapsedhibee
09-01-2013, 10:06 AM
He would also be typing that post from a nazi dungeon in deepest darkest germany surrounded by Swastikas and pictures of Hitler. Thanks to Hearts the only tache we have to swear allegiance to is Rod Petrie

Yes indeed. And even if typing from Edinburgh, he'd still be typing from Germany.

#FromTheCapital
09-01-2013, 10:35 AM
Yes indeed. And even if typing from Edinburgh, he'd still be typing from Germany.

Ok:aok:

JimBHibees
09-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Hatred is a very strong word which is thrown about pretty carelessly in football circles. Personally I know a lot of Jambos and, far from hating them, many are actually very good friends.

Completely agree hatred IMO is completely out of context with regards to football. There is of course a rivalry however when the word hatred gets bandied about some really need to have a look at their life and the important things in it.

As Sacchi said "Football is the most important of the least important things". Pretty much sums it up IMO.

PatHead
09-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Wouldn't say I hate Hearts. Have a strong dislike but the only club I really get excited about (depression and joy in unequal messures!) is Hibs. There is the odd occasion other clubs come into the mix but my main emotions revolve around Hibs though I might make an exception on the day they die.

re Hearts. Used to go to the odd game at Tynecastle with friends who came to Easter Road on non derby games. That all stopped when Hearts almost won the league and all these Jambos came out the woodwork, rubbing your face in it, whilst telling you how good Hearts were based on the Sunday papers report.

Mercer took them to a new level trying to close us down. The amount of Hearts supporters who laughed at us for that was incredible and I have never cared for them since. Their run led them to a superiority complex which hasn't gone away as "they own us". The Cup final hasn't helped. I genuinely think that Hibs will now add to the 3 games and dominate Hearts for the next few years if they survive. Purely because, for the first time since the early 80s we will have more money than them.

I think their latest facination with us, which seems to increase by the day, is because they have realised that they will never compete with Celtic or the new Rangers once they reach the top end of the leagues. They have to set their sights lower. I expect even us to be too high for them to aim.

ekhibee
09-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Sadly I fall into the lasting hatred of Hearts catagory. I don't watch any of their games, listen to them on the radio or read about them. I'm so bad I switch over when John Robertson, Preston and the like are on Sportsound, which is frequently. In a strange way I actually hate Hibs almost as much for allowing Hearts to build such a record against us, and giving people like that a forum. I'm just a bigot sadly.

Kato
09-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Never liked them, wouldn't waste the emotion required to hate them.

CorrieHibs
09-01-2013, 11:58 AM

My dad and I were discussing this and were wondering when they got so cocky. I'm 27 and my Hearts mates have forgotten how bad they use to be. They go on about how great they are and that we are just in their shadow. Before 98 they hadn't won a cup in 40 odd years.
Obviously since 2006 their arrogance has got worse. I just hope they go back to the darks days and this is our time to shine. We just need to win the Scottish cup.

erskine-hibby
09-01-2013, 12:07 PM
I don't hate them.
I find them etremely funny.:agree::agree:

silverhibee
09-01-2013, 12:50 PM
F*** the h*****

Horrible club.

They tried to kill us, f*** them.

Aldo
09-01-2013, 01:15 PM
F*** the h*****

Horrible club.

This. Well said that man

Hibercelona
09-01-2013, 01:22 PM
I was born hating them.

Skanko79
09-01-2013, 01:27 PM
i hate hearts and everything they stand for with a burning passion.

i can honestly say that i share an equal hatred for celtic. they are the **** of the earth.

Judas Iscariot
09-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Hate isn't strong enough

Golden Bear
09-01-2013, 02:04 PM
I was attending Derby games before the days of crowd segregation, and in the main, the two tribes tolerated each other. There was always the usual flare up points where both sets of supporters congregated on the half way line but I don't think that the "hatred" was quite so prevalent in these days. It's strange that crowd segregation led to less tolerance and increased animosity. Internet forums and social media have only helped to polarize attitudes.

As for me then I'm as bad as anybody. Ever since the bleak days of the intended takeover by Mercer I've refused to attend a Derby game at piggery park and there's no likelihood of me ever changing my mind.

clerriehibs
09-01-2013, 04:21 PM
I hate the hearts mentality. Fans i know are ok - until they open their gobs in a hibs or hearts context. Then they're objects of hate.

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2013, 04:39 PM
I disliked them when a kid, i have hated them since FTB and thats grown considerably over the years, getting even worse recently.

Bostonhibby
09-01-2013, 04:51 PM
F*** the h*****

Horrible club.

:thumbsup: There's a T shirt in there somewhere!

Keep calm

F*** the h*****

Horrible club

They tried to kill us, f*** them.Lets get one made up, I will if you will :wink:

hihohibby
09-01-2013, 04:58 PM
I agree with most level headed Hibbies that hate is too strong a word...but boy, do I find arrogance hard to deal with...especially from supporters of a team that has (for want of a better expression )cheated it's way to Scottish Cup glory by living completely way beyond its means and income and in the process dodge paying the taxman and all its creditors on time. The young Hearts supporter truly believes his club is superior to Hibs...and constantly refers to size of crowds and their derby record as clear evidence of that superiority..The older Jambo knows the true story and many will know that there was indeed a time when Hibs were the team in the ascendancy...Neither team can truly lay claim to being bigger in any sense. Each club has won a paltry 4 league championships...the last by Hearts around half a century ago...Our respective crowds have gone up and down with the fortunes of the day...this still applies...So, no I don't hate them, but despise the maroon hordes who truly believe in the Big Team/Wee Team thing.

Famous Fiver
09-01-2013, 05:02 PM
I've been going to Easter Road since the fifties.

In my view the bad feeling started with Wallace Mercer. Never been the same since.

Bostonhibby
09-01-2013, 05:19 PM

In my view the bad feeling started with Wallace Mercer. Never been the same since.

No doubt about it, there was a definite change then, but having survived we lived with it, I never thought they'd be in the position of feeling the vulnerability we did then.

Since the Great Leader acquired them they have undoubtedly got more aggressive and arrogant - bring on the end, whatever it looks like, they only have their own misplaced belief and inertia to blame for it.

Hibercelona
09-01-2013, 05:25 PM

It wouldn't have been so bad if Hearts fans could have just accepted that Wallace Mercer was wrong for attempting what he did.

But instead, they still laud him as some kind of legend for trying to kill us off.

And for that, I'll always have a deep hatred towards that institution and its inhabitants.

GGTTH07
09-01-2013, 05:29 PM
I ****** hate them :agree:

silverhibee
09-01-2013, 06:49 PM
:thumbsup: There's a T shirt in there somewhere!

Keep calm

F*** the h*****

Horrible club

They tried to kill us, f*** them.Lets get one made up, I will if you will :wink:

You find who will make them up and i will buy them for us. :thumbsup:

silverhibee
09-01-2013, 06:51 PM
It wouldn't have been so bad if Hearts fans could have just accepted that Wallace Mercer was wrong for attempting what he did.

But instead, they still laud him as some kind of legend for trying to kill us off.

And for that, I'll always have a deep hatred towards that institution and its inhabitants.

He's deid.

Waxy
09-01-2013, 07:14 PM
I was 13 in 1983 when i had my first visit to the dump.A 3-2 defeat,It was horrendous.
I personally pinpoint the moment they started their jammy hoodoo over us in the next match,
1-0 up at ER and time running down,the wee fat blob whacked the jammiest shot which deflected off Eric Scheadler and crept in past Roughie to equalise.
since then i've witnessed loads of incredibly bad luck v them.
Makes me sick,I despise them.

Hibercelona
09-01-2013, 07:20 PM
I was 13 in 1983 when i had my first visit to the dump.A 3-2 defeat,It was horrendous.
I personally pinpoint the moment they started their jammy hoodoo over us in the next match,
1-0 up at ER and time running down,the wee fat blob whacked the jammiest shot which deflected off Eric Scheadler and crept in past Roughie to equalise.
since then i've witnessed loads of incredibly bad luck v them.
Makes me sick,I despise them.

It makes you think though.

When we played them at ER in the cup game just back there, it wasn't a pretty game. But for just a few seconds we were positive and broke forward. Spoony took a shot from a position that he had more or less no chance of scoring from and it took a deflection and went in.

Are Hearts generally more positive when it comes to derbies than we are, which is why they more often than not get the share of luck that they do?

Waxy
09-01-2013, 07:32 PM
It makes you think though.

When we played them at ER in the cup game just back there, it wasn't a pretty game. But for just a few seconds we were positive and broke forward. Spoony took a shot from a position that he had more or less no chance of scoring from and it took a deflection and went in.

Are Hearts generally more positive when it comes to derbies than we are, which is why they more often than not get the share of luck that they do?
If i remember correctly Spoonys shot was from around the same area as blobs goal all them years ago.
Hopefully this signals a new era.It's way overdue.

neilmartinrocks
09-01-2013, 07:41 PM

I was wearing that very t-shirt at the 1-1 game in jan.
minus the "they tried to kill us" bit.
Its an iron on print.
Could change it for you if you want.

silverhibee
09-01-2013, 08:35 PM
I was wearing that very t-shirt at the 1-1 game in jan.
minus the "they tried to kill us" bit.
Its an iron on print.
Could change it for you if you want.

If you could print 2 with what Boston wrote, would be great.

PM me price and where to send the dosh. :aok:

XL for me, what size Boston.?

:thumbsup:

neilmartinrocks
09-01-2013, 08:53 PM

Will do them when ive finished my subbuteo team. Be ready for Dundee game. You be there?
:greengrin

Hibercelona
09-01-2013, 09:06 PM
http://oi46.tinypic.com/22z78j.jpg

neilmartinrocks
09-01-2013, 09:13 PM

thats the fellae but mines has the erin go bragh harp at the top.

silverhibee
09-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Will do them when ive finished my subbuteo team. Be ready for Dundee game. You be there?
:greengrin

Will be there. :thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
09-01-2013, 09:43 PM

Will see what can be done :greengrin

Bostonhibby
09-01-2013, 09:47 PM

Just a modest Large please! How will I ever repay you:not worth.

Very funny if it can be done - my daughter got me a more politically correct bottle green one for xmas saying Keep calm and carry on following Hibs but she doubts the company that printed it up would do the implied sweary bit!

neilmartinrocks
09-01-2013, 09:55 PM

Very funny if it can be done - my daughter got me a more politically correct bottle green one for xmas saying Keep calm and carry on following Hibs but she doubts the company that printed it up would do the implied sweary bit!

1 modestly large and one xl. would you prefer Hibercelona's badge ( official hibs ) or the erin go bragh?
I'll be in whities before the dundee game, have them with me.:thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
09-01-2013, 10:04 PM
1 modestly large and one xl. would you prefer Hibercelona's badge ( official hibs ) or the erin go bragh?
I'll be in whities before the dundee game, have them with me.:thumbsup:

Official Hibs please, I am not guaranteed to be in Edinburgh for the Dundee game, won't know until early next week, definitely up for Aberdeen cup game - okay to pm you as soon as I know?

Eyrie
09-01-2013, 10:11 PM
It's the maroon supremacist crap they come out with, when in reality they are a very similar size of club to ourselves in terms of fanbase and on-field success.

heretoday
09-01-2013, 10:14 PM

I think you're probably right. Certainly in terms of the real hatred that was generated.

Back in the early 60s my dad and I used to attend games at both grounds - whoever was playing at home that day - and lots of other people did too. In the 70s it was boot boy time but somehow the derby scraps and throwing cans, bottles etc weren't particularly vicious if you can believe that! At the 7-0 game there was 8 of us behind the McLeod end goal - 5 Hibees and 3 Jam Tarts (none of that Jambo crap then) - and we all had cans of export stuffed down our jeans! Laughs!

There was always a line of luckless coppers down the middle of the two largest groups of rival supports and the exchanges were mostly good humoured. We sang about the IRA and they sang about the Queen but I really don't think there was anything significant in it. It was just adolescents showing off.

Then the cops got fed up with it, the authorities segregated the fans and that's when things started to fall apart in my opinion.

neilmartinrocks
09-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Official Hibs please, I am not guaranteed to be in Edinburgh for the Dundee game, won't know until early next week, definitely up for Aberdeen cup game - okay to pm you as soon as I know?

OOPS!! my bad its a home game for us. Be in the Lochend or the Iona. Will leave it with Silver if thats cool?

aye pm me nearer time.

silverhibee
09-01-2013, 10:22 PM

Sorted then Boston, i will get them Dundee game and give you your one at Dons game. :aok:

Large it is. :thumbsup:

Miguel
09-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Having started this thread, it's been interesting reading the comments.
The first derby I can remember attending was in the mid-60s at Tynie when we won, I think, 4-0. For years I just assumed we were always naturally superior to them. The 4-1 after 7-0 there was typical Hibs, but I think that '83 match was a watershed.
I hope the cup game means we have put to bed the 83-12 nightmare.
Glad to see so many people saying they don't hate them, in the true sense of that word. A period of Hibs success would redress the balance and maybe avoid the vile type of rancour that exists with the Old Firm.
It's only a game after all...

Bostonhibby
10-01-2013, 08:17 AM
Sorted then Boston, i will get them Dundee game and give you your one at Dons game. :aok:

Large it is. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:Top man! Might still be up for Dundee, but will drop you a note - might bring you a Lincolnshire Morris Dancers top in return.:greengrin

Bostonhibby
10-01-2013, 08:19 AM
OOPS!! my bad its a home game for us. Be in the Lochend or the Iona. Will leave it with Silver if thats cool?

aye pm me nearer time.

Great thanks, wondered where Whities was! Know the Lochend well, used to be able to see in it from my aunts window.

Thecat23
10-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Having started this thread, it's been interesting reading the comments.
The first derby I can remember attending was in the mid-60s at Tynie when we won, I think, 4-0. For years I just assumed we were always naturally superior to them. The 4-1 after 7-0 there was typical Hibs, but I think that '83 match was a watershed.
I hope the cup game means we have put to bed the 83-12 nightmare.
Glad to see so many people saying they don't hate them, in the true sense of that word. A period of Hibs success would redress the balance and maybe avoid the vile type of rancour that exists with the Old Firm.
It's only a game after all...

That is simply down to religion nothing else mate. Football comes second to the old firm and any one who says it's not is lying or deluded. With hearts it's football and the arrogance of a club that has a playground bully attitude. People say hate Is a strong word and shouldn't be used in maybe football terms. Well sorry but I hate/despise Heart of Midlothian F.C not so much the supporters but yes there are a few of them I do hate. Others are friends and family who are fine. But I still hate the club and everything it stands for. If that makes me a bad person so be it. Ps I HOPE THEY DIE.

superfurryhibby
10-01-2013, 09:27 AM
That is simply down to religion nothing else mate. Football comes second to the old firm and any one who says it's not is lying or deluded. With hearts it's football and the arrogance of a club that has a playground bully attitude. People say hate Is a strong word and shouldn't be used in maybe football terms. Well sorry but I hate/despise Heart of Midlothian F.C not so much the supporters but yes there are a few of them I do hate. Others are friends and family who are fine. But I still hate the club and everything it stands for. If that makes me a bad person so be it. Ps I HOPE THEY DIE.

Disagree. Religion has obviously played an enormous part in the OF history but there has been a sporting rivalry and two teams from the same city element to it also. Sectarian nonsense only became a defining factor for the OF in the early 20th century, probably becoming embedded after in the 1920's

How many of the bigots actually go to church or could explain the doctrinal differences that they perceive seperate them. Tribalism extends way beyond the theological issues

chinaman
10-01-2013, 10:41 AM
That is simply down to religion nothing else mate. Football comes second to the old firm and any one who says it's not is lying or deluded. With hearts it's football and the arrogance of a club that has a playground bully attitude. People say hate Is a strong word and shouldn't be used in maybe football terms. Well sorry but I hate/despise Heart of Midlothian F.C not so much the supporters but yes there are a few of them I do hate. Others are friends and family who are fine. But I still hate the club and everything it stands for. If that makes me a bad person so be it. Ps I HOPE THEY DIE. let the cheating **** die and i`ll love it. all the big team bollox, all the union jack waving gash, drew busby ,medals,pigsy robertson,fat jeffries,the bones of tory boy mercer etc,etc xxxx evrything about the rancid ****bo puke

Hibernia Na Eir
10-01-2013, 11:05 AM
hate their club and their fans.

silverhibee
10-01-2013, 12:40 PM
:thumbsup:Top man! Might still be up for Dundee, but will drop you a note - might bring you a Lincolnshire Morris Dancers top in return.:greengrin

:tee hee:

No probs mate, will see you soon. :aok:

#FromTheCapital
10-01-2013, 12:48 PM
let the cheating **** die and i`ll love it. all the big team bollox, all the union jack waving gash, drew busby ,medals,pigsy robertson,fat jeffries,the bones of tory boy mercer etc,etc xxxx evrything about the rancid ****bo puke

Nice to hear such a balanced opinion of our pink neighbours, just to confirm - you don't like hearts? :wink:

Golden Bear
10-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Nice to hear such a balanced opinion of our pink neighbours, just to confirm - you don't like hearts? :wink:

We can't complain that the Net posters don't offer a fair and balanced viewpoint that's for sure.

:tee hee:

CraigHibee
10-01-2013, 02:37 PM
i would say hate is a strong word.... i dont hate them.... im just angry they are still in existence :greengrin

Saorsa
10-01-2013, 02:48 PM
hate their club and their fans.http://forum.gameware.at/forum/wcf/images/smilies/2amen.gif

**** h****s

marinello59
10-01-2013, 03:01 PM
I love fitba, love Hibs and hate nobody. (Apart from a wee bit of pantomime stuff during an actual game.) At it's best football is truly uplifiting and inspirational. I enjoy the banter with rivals but I like fitba fans in general too much to really hate anybody who shares my dumb obsession with a simple game.

Hibrandenburg
10-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Hate them, always have and always will. Hate their colours, hate their made up history, hate the smell of their stadium, hate the part of town where they reside, hate the ****ing H E A R T S song, Hate Lothian Busses, hate their *****y club badge, hate the thought of giving them money when buying a ticket for the Kerplunk Stadium and hope they die SOON!

Bristolhibby
10-01-2013, 05:34 PM

They have a genuine fear that they are on the cusp of a sustained period of being shide. Where Hibs will lord over them, they are papping it.

It's like a quote from Berlin: The Downfall by Anthony Beevor, an Getman soldier is back in Berlin on leave and hears muttering a on the U-Bhan, chit chat about how the Russians will treat Gernam Civilians.
He tells the crowd that if the Russians only do half of what we did to them, then we would have gotten off lightly.

The Hearts fans are that tube carriage. They know the storm is coming, and they are not liking it one bit.

J

mjhibby
10-01-2013, 05:47 PM

The difference between us and them can be summed up in the singing at the end of the 5-1 league cup final.We love our club they see it as obsession where they cant take criticism and are detached from reality.Cant say i hate them but cant have a conversation with the vast majority of hertz fans without wanting to bang my head off a wall.

Saorsa
10-01-2013, 05:50 PM
The difference between us and them can be summed up in the singing at the end of the 5-1 league cup final.We love our club they see it as obsession where they cant take criticism and are detached from reality.Cant say i hate them but cant have a conversation with the vast majority of hertz fans without wanting to bang my head off a wall.bang theirs of the wall instead :wink: much mair fun :aok: