PDA

View Full Version : Signings we should most definitely be looking at

GGTTH07
08-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Hear Aberdeen are looking at getting a shinnie from Inverness and Randolph from well both on pre contracts. I like Williams but Randolph is a fab keeper and affordable, shinnie is an obvious choice. Any other pre contracts we should be looking at... Humphrey I'm sure?

blaikie
08-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Wouldn't waste the wage on Randolph, for once were safe between the sticks. I would take Shinnie if Griffiths doesn't sign.

Wotherspiniesta
08-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Would take Shinnie in a heartbeat TBH. Not the quickest, but links play from midfield to up front brilliantly. Not too mention scores a few goals.

hibbysam
08-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Since we are looking for goals from midfield I hear a certain goalscoring midfielder by the name of Frank Lampard is available at the end of the season? :rolleyes:

SteveHFC
08-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Jordi Cryuff

Jose Antonio Reyes

Wotherspiniesta
08-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Since we are looking for goals from midfield I hear a certain goalscoring midfielder by the name of Frank Lampard is available at the end of the season? :rolleyes:

What are you rolling your eyes at? The OP was making a good point about players we would have a chance of signing from other SPL clubs.Nobodys saying we're going to sign Frank Lampard :rolleyes:

Heisenberg
08-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Vigurs from county is available on a PCA, would take him.

hibbysam
08-01-2013, 08:09 PM
What are you rolling your eyes at? The OP was making a good point about players we would have a chance of signing from other SPL clubs.Nobodys saying we're going to sign Frank Lampard :rolleyes:

Completely missed the sarcasm in the post..

Wotherspiniesta
08-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Completely missed the sarcasm in the post..

It would have been sarcastic if you'd winked :wink: Learn how to use an emoticon :aok:. Yours sincerely, The Smilie Police. :greengrin

Vault Boy
08-01-2013, 08:14 PM
There are a lot of good ones out there, that's for sure. The problem with looking at it like this is that most of us as supporters will know very little about other deals available to the players and the funds we have available, so it is easy to identify who we should sign. Anyway, if we don't get all the loan players tied up, Paddy has some replacements set up, so I'm sure he has some good players in mind. If the Liam Craig rumour is true, it's encouraging. :aok:

Piqué
08-01-2013, 08:17 PM
I would doubt Aberdeen will get Shinnie. After his form this season and being capped for Scotland there is bound to be plenty of interest from England.

Diclonius
08-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Shinnie is exactly what we're looking for. Would be a fantastic signing.

Do Aberdeen even need any more wingers? :rolleyes:

hfc rd
08-01-2013, 08:18 PM
Liam Kelly, Chris Humphrey & Jon Daly are 3 players that I would love to see us sign. But think the three of them may be off down south.

Craig_in_Prague
08-01-2013, 08:22 PM
the Motherwell scout.

Kaff
08-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Every now and then i think John Sutton would be worth pursuing, but i didnt think he did very well in the derby and failed to impose himself even though they had plenty possesion. Of course well played McPake and Hanlon.
Any other thoughts on JS?

hfc rd
08-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Every now and then i think John Sutton would be worth pursuing, but i didnt think he did very well in the derby and failed to impose himself even though they had plenty possesion. Of course well played McPake and Hanlon.

I'd only take Webster from the yams if we fail to secure McGivern on a long term contract.

Speedway
08-01-2013, 08:45 PM
We need the goalscoring boy from Falkirk, the fast boy from Swansea reserves, the old boy from Morecambe, the wide boy from Haymarket, the toyboy from Sinitta and the Tallboy from Archie's antiques.

All in all, that would be a good window.

GoldenEagle
08-01-2013, 08:46 PM
I'll trust the club and manager that has brought Griffiths, McPake, McGivern, Clancy, Claros, Cairney and Doyle to Easter Road in the last 12 months.

They seem to be picking up players that other clubs would love to have and I think it'll continue.

Wotherspiniesta
08-01-2013, 08:52 PM

Yip, he's crap.

California-Hibs
08-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Jon Daly

Speedway
08-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Maybe Sean Dillon.

PatHead
08-01-2013, 09:06 PM
We will also have to look at covering potential losses such as Spoony, Deegan etc who are out of contract in the summer. Could be another year of big changes at Easter Road again.

ChooseLife
08-01-2013, 09:09 PM
the Motherwell scout.

That's an idea!

hibees 7062
08-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Yip, he's crap.

:agree::agree::agree:

Vault Boy
08-01-2013, 09:46 PM
We will also have to look at covering potential losses such as Spoony, Deegan etc who are out of contract in the summer. Could be another year of big changes at Easter Road again.

That's what we need to avoid happening, to keep a level of consistency and a solid basis to build on. Contract extensions and keeping the loan players should (and do appear to) have the majority of our attention. Any other signings that are in the works are a bonus, if we keep the players we have at the moment. A lot of faith in Fenlon though, most of his signings have been good so far. :agree:

Diclonius
08-01-2013, 09:47 PM

John Sutton has done well for every SPL club he's played at bar Hearts. I'd sign him as a replacement for Kuqi but not Griffiths.

Sweet Left Peg
08-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Vigurs from county is available on a PCA, would take him.

Yes

SaulGoodman
08-01-2013, 10:15 PM
For the first time in a while I wouldn't take any players from that Hearts team..

And that's very 'pleasing'

RyeSloan
08-01-2013, 10:22 PM
The boy that scored for Mansfield against pool the other night...thought he looked very useful against a very experienced EPL defence. green I think his name was..had some turn of pace on him

J-C
08-01-2013, 11:09 PM
After watching some of the lower league teams down south knocking out better teams in the cup, there are a few good young players worth looking at.

E10 Rifle
09-01-2013, 12:54 PM
After watching some of the lower league teams down south knocking out better teams in the cup, there are a few good young players worth looking at.

On that note I would like to try and get Harry Kane from Spurs (via Norwich). Not getting his game while on laon at Norwich but would definitely score goals up here.

number9dream
09-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Would take Shinnie in a heartbeat TBH. Not the quickest, but links play from midfield to up front brilliantly. Not too mention scores a few goals.

Aaron Doran is a superior player - leads the SPL assists chart. Make the young Irishman an offer!

hfc rd
09-01-2013, 03:20 PM
On that note I would like to try and get Harry Kane from Spurs (via Norwich). Not getting his game while on laon at Norwich but would definitely score goals up here.

He's been injured. That's why he ain't been getting a game.

shetlandhibee
09-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Ryan Fraser -aberdeen
andrew shinnie- ict
jorge claros(loan extension till end of year)- montaguoa
mcgivern (same above)- man city
super leigh(permenatley)-wolves

Leishy1995
10-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Bound to be a few more wingers with pace lurking somewhere..

pontius pilate
10-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Just heard kris Boyd could be released from Portland timbers. Would anybody have him???? I think he could still do a job in this league

Cocaine&Caviar
10-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Just heard kris Boyd could be released from Portland timbers. Would anybody have him???? I think he could still do a job in this league

Without a shadow of doubt he would be the top goalscorer outside of the Celtic team, and would be the decisive factor for any team hoping to come 2nd, over the course of a whole season his poacher ability would make a huge difference at SPL level. If he had Doyle doing the runnin for him up top, it wouldnt be too detrimental for the team either. Cant see it though.

Although:

He continued in a much more critical vein. "I will say that after watching him play quite a bit, and I have watched him play quite a bit, Kris Boyd is player that I think will will have a hard time playing the way that we play."

Based on what I've seen, and based certainly on what he's shown as a player, it's going to be difficult for him to fit in."

easty
10-01-2013, 10:36 AM

Kris Boyd would, in my opinion, score goals for any team in the SPL, really can't imagine he'll be coming to Hibs though.

pontius pilate
10-01-2013, 10:46 AM
It's a nice thought tho as he is training with kenny miller at hunco ( sorry Mr Traynor) The rangers what a coup that would be to et they 2 banging in the goals for us. We can only dream