PDA

View Full Version : Rangers

Archie70
08-01-2013, 12:08 AM
If they hadn't been punted and allowed Dundee in, the Yams would be third bottom, only 5 points ahead of Ross County who'd be bottom but have a game in hand and due to play them at home.

Just a thought!

GGTTH

Springbank
08-01-2013, 06:16 AM
There's no way we would have lost 3-1 away to team 12

We'd have done what we always do, and won 3-0

It's hard to predict where a more financially sober rangers would be :)

Sect43
08-01-2013, 06:45 AM
Who are Rangers?

Elephant Stone
08-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Rangers weren't punted, they ceased to exist!

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2013, 08:43 AM

:agree: Yet the tabloids continue to allow this pish to be printed in their rags? :rolleyes:

DarrenSQH
08-01-2013, 08:55 AM
If they hadn't died and allowed Dundee in, the Yams would be third bottom, only 5 points ahead of Ross County who'd be bottom but have a game in hand and due to play them at home.

Just a thought!

GGTTH

Fixed

Hibbyradge
08-01-2013, 08:57 AM
If your auntie had balls...:wink:

Hibs Class
08-01-2013, 12:05 PM

:agree: Yet the tabloids continue to allow this pish to be printed in their rags? :rolleyes:

Still see tabloid references to the Old Firm as well. Something that no longer exists / can no longer exist. They can build up a new rivalry/hatred as much as they like, and they no doubt will, but the OF died the same day as Rangers, regardless of what sevco might say.

Keith_M
08-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Actually, Sevco took over Rangers' SFA licence, so, AFAIK, they are considered to be 'Rangers' by the SFA.

I believe this was the only way they could actually join the Scottish League as they had no history of their own, so didn't meet the criteria for membership. Basically, the SFA did them a massive favour so they could get into Scottish Football. This totally contradicts their current paranoid state where everyone else is out to get them, but there you go.

It's up to you how you view them but my opinion is that............. if it looks like a Turd and smells like a Turd, I try to avoid standing on it.

Pedantic_Hibee
08-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Actually does my nut in that the media refer to them as Rangers. There is no Rangers.

There is a team called The Rangers, however. Yet the weegie media are too scared to refer to them as that for fear of a backlash. Pathetic.

SmashinGlass
08-01-2013, 09:17 PM
It's interesting how the sevco fans have this notion that Celtic are only 18 or so years old (the Pacific Shelf issue discussed at length in generic meltdown thread), yet they consider themselves to be 140. I noticed in my newsfeed on facebook some sevco fans page advocating a boycott of the Dundee Utd cup game due to my mate posting on it. I've just posted the following question, to which I am yet to receive a response:

"I'm confused, how come Celtic are only 18 years old yet the rangers are 140?"

I find it incredible how the sevco fans always pull out this Pacific Shelf nonsense yet conveniently ignore their, more recent, insolvency to declare their history. Arrogance clearly knows no bounds....

Spike Mandela
08-01-2013, 09:25 PM
If you want to see a 'The Rangers' fan squirm ask him this question......

If instead of Charles Green, Dermot Desmond's Celtic had bought Oldco's assets would that have made them Rangers?

Jonnyboy
08-01-2013, 09:28 PM
In conversation with Lawrie Reilly about when he played for Hibs, he always referrred to "The Rangers" so I guess he saw it coming :greengrin The good news is that he always says "The Hearts" too :wink:

LeighLoyal
08-01-2013, 09:31 PM
They think they can be called the same club and leave a minimum of £55m debts unpaid. Green's holding scam company T'Rangers International FC 2012 have no debts or history.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Can remember fans being corrected on the radio for saying Airdrieonians over Airdrie United.

hihohibby
09-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Glasgow Rangers died in 2012. I for one do not recognise any team that hijacks the history of an extinct club. Sevco is an entirely new club. It has no history. It has won no league championship, Scottish cup (junior or otherwise) no league cup, no European trophy. It's achievement to date is being elected into the Scottish game..full stop! It's pitiful to watch the blue hordes cling to scarves of a club that died and who, in their racial, bigoted and deluded minds, truly believe still exists.
If the great deluded want to cling to the history and identity of an extinct club, then how about clinging to and coughing up for the great unpaid debt owed to every single honest, tax paying individual the length and breadth of Brittannia!

clerriehibs
09-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Glasgow Rangers died in 2012. I for one do not recognise any team that hijacks the history of an extinct club. Sevco is an entirely new club. It has no history. It has won no league championship, Scottish cup (junior or otherwise) no league cup, no European trophy. It's achievement to date is being elected into the Scottish game..full stop! It's pitiful to watch the blue hordes cling to scarves of a club that died and who, in their racial, bigoted and deluded minds, truly believe still exists.
If the great deluded want to cling to the history and identity of an extinct club, then how about clinging to and coughing up for the great unpaid debt owed to every single honest, tax paying individual the length and breadth of Brittannia!

If Hibs ever fold, and someone comes along to create a phoenix club, so far as I'd be concerned, it would be the same Hibs I've always supported.

I'd call them Hibs. They'd BE Hibs. A legal entity definition means nothing much to a fan.