PDA

View Full Version : Dundee game attendance

shetlandhibee
06-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Would be great to keep the form going after getting a crucial 4 points against celtic then hearts:thumbsup: would be great to get 14-15 k wat do u think well get?

hfc rd
06-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Is this potentially meant to be the last game of the three loanees? (McGivern, Claros & Griffiths). I'm hoping its a big crowd but think it is going to be something like 11k considering its Hibs Kids day.

down-the-slope
06-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Would be great to keep the form going after getting a crucial 4 points against celtic then hearts:thumbsup: would be great to get 14-15 k wat do u think well get?

Even with it being Hibs kids day - we would need to make a Frank Sauzee type signing to get near that....

all those shouting for club to re-sign loans will not turn up on 19th even if it happens .......:rolleyes:

12.5k tops

Liam89
06-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Depends if we've signed anyone exciting but I'd say 12k attendance.

Big_Franck
06-01-2013, 09:39 PM
With the game coming before most people are paid again I doubt we will get that number. I'd say it will be about 10,500.

The signings, or lack of, could have a big impact on the gate as well. Hopefully we get a decent crowd though. :pfgwa

EDIT: Didn't realise it was a Hibs Kids game. I'd think around the 11,000 mark.

iwasthere1972
06-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Can't see it exceeding 10, 500.

Saorsa
06-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Would be great to keep the form going after getting a crucial 4 points against celtic then hearts:thumbsup: would be great to get 14-15 k wat do u think well get?It'll be nowt like that, that's for sure. I doubt it'll be mair than 10,000 - 10,500

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Too many folk skint after Christmas and waiting for January pay day so doubt we'll even make 10K.

clerriehibs
06-01-2013, 09:49 PM
10.5k ... unless there's a big signing out of nowhere.

JMac
06-01-2013, 09:49 PM
If it's more than 10k i'll be surprised

PISTOL1875
06-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Well if HIbs had any brains then they would reduce the prices to say £10 for adults and £5 for kids.. Man City are playing Fulham that day and it would usually cost around £30+ for an adult but they have made It £20 for adults and £5 for kids..

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Well if HIbs had any brains then they would reduce the prices to say £10 for adults and £5 for kids.. Man City are playing Fulham that day and it would usually cost around £30+ for an adult but they have made It £20 for adults and £5 for kids..

The difference being Man City could actually afford to pay people to attend :greengrin

#FromTheCapital
06-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Can't remember Dundee bringing that big a support the last time we played at ER. Il be surprised if we get 10k based on the last few games at ER bar the Celtic game. People are generally skint all the way through January until payday.

silverhibee
06-01-2013, 09:58 PM

Can't see it being any more than that. imo

Saorsa
06-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Well if HIbs had any brains then they would reduce the prices to say £10 for adults and £5 for kids.. Man City are playing Fulham that day and it would usually cost around £30+ for an adult but they have made It £20 for adults and £5 for kids..They've knocked a third off of theirs but you think Hibs should more than half theirs? :rolleyes:

Halving prices disnae double gates or anything like it, are you suggesting Hibs should make less? because that's what would happen.

A ridiculous comparison anyway, maybe they can afford tae make such magnanimous gestures with all their sky money and their wealthy owner, we're trying desperately tae hang on tae some of our best players.

Sir David Gray
06-01-2013, 10:02 PM
I agree with the general consensus. It will be around 10-10,500 at the most, I reckon.

We won't get anywhere near 14,000 or 15,000 in the foreseeable future, except when we're playing Celtic or Hearts and perhaps for the cup game against Aberdeen next month.

We'll need consistent results and performances over the next couple of years before we can expect to see crowds like that for games against the likes of Dundee.

#FromTheCapital
06-01-2013, 10:04 PM

Half season ticket holders like myself would probably have an issue with that seeing as we paid £220 for 10 games (possibly even 9). Doing this would basically make it more expensive than paying at the gate.

Sir David Gray
06-01-2013, 10:10 PM

Surely you understand how bad an example that is in relation to Hibs!?

As someone else has already said, Manchester City's owners could afford to pay £30 each to all of the 45,000 people that turn up for their games and still have more than enough loose change to buy them all a pie and bovril at half time as well!

We, on the other hand, have just posted a loss of nearly £1 million for the second year in a row and are trying to recover from a very poor period on the pitch, which has hit attendance figures.

jgl07
06-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Is this potentially meant to be the last game of the three loanees? (McGivern, Claros & Griffiths). I'm hoping its a big crowd but think it is going to be something like 11k considering its Hibs Kids day.

I suspect that those on Hibs Kids tickets may not be included in the published attendance.

NOLA
07-01-2013, 01:19 AM

9.5 tops

Scouse Hibee
07-01-2013, 07:31 AM
Half season ticket holders like myself would probably have an issue with that seeing as we paid £220 for 10 games (possibly even 9). Doing this would basically make it more expensive than paying at the gate.

Half season ticket holders :grr: what about us full season ticket holders, we're forever taking a hit :greengrin:wink:

HH81
07-01-2013, 08:53 AM
Around 10k.

gegs70
07-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Around 9-10k new season tickets and a few walkups....although mind you it is a hibs kids game and hivs kids can bring an adult for a tenner or a friend for a fiver...I think?

Jones28
07-01-2013, 02:11 PM
11k max I would think.

jgl07
07-01-2013, 02:34 PM

Where did you read that?

The prices showing right now are £30 - £32 adults and £15 - £17 under 16.

I think you may be thinking about the Watford FA Cup match last Saturday?

smack
07-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Around 9-10k new season tickets and a few walkups....although mind you it is a hibs kids game and hivs kids can bring an adult for a tenner or a friend for a fiver...I think?

Is that not only if the hibs kid is a season ticket holder

Hibeesforever
07-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Plenty of time for the club to do some proper marketing. Visability is needed in Princes Street and Radio ads would also help. No need to beg like our neighbours but we should be trying to engage the wider Edinburgh community more, especially students or link up with targeted companies and offer discounted vouchers etc.
Season ticket holders would not begrudge this as it is imperative that the support base is widened.

:flag:

marinello59
07-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Plenty of time for the club to do some proper marketing. Visability is needed in Princes Street and Radio ads would also help. No need to beg like our neighbours but we should be trying to engage the wider Edinburgh community more, especially students or link up with targeted companies and offer discounted vouchers etc.
Season ticket holders would not begrudge this as it is imperative that the support base is widened.

:flag:

Brilliant plan. Expensive adverts to attract very few people taking advantage of heavily discounted prices. Of course season ticket holders won't mind, paying full whack while those that can't be arsed get freebies will have them begging to renew when the time comes.
Students already get very generous concessions on both walk up and season ticket prices. If they ain't coming now why do you think a radio stations jingle will have them flocking to the ground pledging undying loyalty to Hibernian Football Club? Are there really students who follow football that are really not aware that the city has two SPL clubs playing in it?

LeighLoyal
07-01-2013, 06:33 PM
I'll be there as a walk up but there's no doubt money is tighter these days, also there is the issue of the damage done by Fenlon's duff predecessors. Would hope at least 11k. Dundee might bring 700.

marinello59
07-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Is that not only if the hibs kid is a season ticket holder

If the kids are not season ticket holders then this is one of their four free games of the season. If they are season ticket holders they can bring a friend along at a discounted rate. This is another example of the club doing **** all to attract younger fans I think.

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2013, 06:39 PM
If the kids are not season ticket holders then this is one of their four free games of the season. If they are season ticket holders they can bring a friend along at a discounted rate. This is another example of the club doing **** all to attract younger fans I think.

Thats fair enough, but when are Claros and Cairney coming round my house to do the dusting and hoovering?

shetlandhibee
07-01-2013, 07:15 PM
What about if we beat dundee how much will we bring to Aberdeen when I've been there we've only brung around 300-400. My friends in Aberdeen, because i now live there say other teams bring bigger support and "that the away stands not very full when we're there":rolleyes:. Hopefully we could get over 1k and prove them wrong. wat do u think we will get?

JustSimplyHibs
07-01-2013, 07:22 PM
What about if we beat dundee how much will we bring to Aberdeen when I've been there we've only brung around 300-400. My friends in Aberdeen, because i now live there say other teams bring bigger support and "that the away stands not very full when we're there":rolleyes:. Hopefully we could get over 1k and prove them wrong. wat do u think we will get?

Maybe if they kept the kick off time at 3pm on a Saturday our following would be greater....when was the last time Hibs played in Aberdeen at 3pm????

JustSimplyHibs
07-01-2013, 07:24 PM

Maybe if they kept the kick off time at 3pm on a Saturday our following would be greater....when was the last time Hibs played in Aberdeen at 3pm on a Sat or Sunday????

PISTOL1875
07-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Where did you read that?

The prices showing right now are £30 - £32 adults and £15 - £17 under 16.

I think you may be thinking about the Watford FA Cup match last Saturday?

It was on the official website the weekend after Xmas.. Must've been an early incentive to boost the crowd.. I bought 2 tickets for my mates who are away to the game.. Cost me £40..

PISTOL1875
07-01-2013, 09:11 PM
They've knocked a third off of theirs but you think Hibs should more than half theirs? :rolleyes:

Halving prices disnae double gates or anything like it, are you suggesting Hibs should make less? because that's what would happen.

A ridiculous comparison anyway, maybe they can afford tae make such magnanimous gestures with all their sky money and their wealthy owner, we're trying desperately tae hang on tae some of our best players.

Hardly a ridiculous comparison in anyway or form , clubs trying to boost crowds by lowering the prices ?? What a ridiculous idea that is eh ??

As you say , it doesn't guarantee doubling the crowd but it does make it a bit affordable to go and watch the team.

PISTOL1875
07-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Surely you understand how bad an example that is in relation to Hibs!?

As someone else has already said, Manchester City's owners could afford to pay £30 each to all of the 45,000 people that turn up for their games and still have more than enough loose change to buy them all a pie and bovril at half time as well!

We, on the other hand, have just posted a loss of nearly £1 million for the second year in a row and are trying to recover from a very poor period on the pitch, which has hit attendance figures.

How can you say that its a bad example in relation to Hibs ?? City cut there prices for a less glamorous home game in the middle of January ??

Surely if they did cut the prices then there would be more chance of people actually going to the match and help to cut into the £1m loss we made ???

Saorsa
07-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Hardly a ridiculous comparison in anyway or form , clubs trying to boost crowds by lowering the prices ?? What a ridiculous idea that is eh ??

As you say , it doesn't guarantee doubling the crowd but it does make it a bit affordable to go and watch the team.You dinnae think it's ridiculous tae compare a club with multi millions that can afford tae lose the money on reducing prices now and then tae a club that's skint reducing prices and losing money they cannae afford tae lose? It is a ridiculous idea because it never increases crowds by any meaningful amount and the only thing it guarantees for a club like Hibs is losing money they can ill afford.

Saorsa
07-01-2013, 09:33 PM
How can you say that its a bad example in relation to Hibs ?? City cut there prices for a less glamorous home game in the middle of January ??

Surely if they did cut the prices then there would be more chance of people actually going to the match and help to cut into the £1m loss we made ???If prices are cut but the crowd isnae increased by an equivalent or greater amount how does that help reduce losses? If you half the prices but dinnae double the crowd you winnae be reducing the losses you'll be adding tae them.

Scouse Hibee
07-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Some folk had trouble giving away free tickets for one of the most glamorous home games of the season against Celtic! Kind of blows the theory of reduced prices right out of the water.

Sir David Gray
07-01-2013, 09:49 PM

Surely if they did cut the prices then there would be more chance of people actually going to the match and help to cut into the £1m loss we made ???

What I'm trying to say is Manchester City's going to get 45,000 or whatever through their gates against Fulham regardless of what they charge. Because their owners are so wealthy, it'll make no odds to them if they make £300,000 or so less for one game by charging everyone £10 less. It's something they can afford to do.

We are not in a position to do something like this. I reckon that we'll get around 10,000 on the 19th against Dundee. Now if we reduce prices to about £15 or something like that for this game then we may see a slight increase in the attendance but it's not going to be profitable for the club to do this, we will make a loss.

Simple maths says that if the club charges £22 to get in to a match and 10,000 people attend it, if they reduce the prices for the next game to £15 then we'll need roughly an extra 5,000 people to turn up to avoid making a loss. That simply will not happen, clubs who have done similar things for one off games will tell you this.

I'm sure the club would love to make a gesture like this but it's a loss that the club cannot afford to make at this time.

CropleyWasGod
07-01-2013, 09:55 PM
What I'm trying to say is Manchester City's going to get 45,000 or whatever through their gates against Fulham regardless of what they charge. Because their owners are so wealthy, it'll make no odds to them if they make £300,000 or so less for one game by charging everyone £10 less. It's something they can afford to do.

We are not in a position to do something like this. I reckon that we'll get around 10,000 on the 19th against Dundee. Now if we reduce prices to about £15 or something like that for this game then we may see a slight increase in the attendance but it's not going to be profitable for the club to do this, we will make a loss.

Simple maths says that if the club charges £22 to get in to a match and 10,000 people attend it, if they reduce the prices for the next game to £15 then we'll need roughly an extra 5,000 people to turn up to avoid making a loss. That simply will not happen, clubs who have done similar things for one off games will tell you this.

I'm sure the club would love to make a gesture like this but it's a loss that the club cannot afford to make at this time.

Your arithmetic is a bit off.

If we have 8k ST holders (?), at £22 a crowd of 10k will gross us £44k. Net £36.5k.

At £15, we would need a crowd of 11k to beat that.

However, we'd also P off the current ST holders.

Saorsa
07-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Your arithmetic is a bit off.

If we have 8k ST holders (?), at £22 a crowd of 10k will gross us £44k.

At £15, we would need a crowd of 11k to beat that.

However, we'd also P off the current ST holders.I would imagine those who have just bought half season would be particularly p'd off :agree:

SirDavidsNapper
04-05-2017, 06:18 PM
Sorry for the ancient thread bump but this shows just how far we've come as a club since 2013. 10k ish in the prem with 8k season ticket holders. Now in our 3rd season in the Championship we're averaging over 15k with 11k season ticket holders. Lets smash all records next season and continue the upward spiral

houstonhibbee
04-05-2017, 06:25 PM
Sorry for the ancient thread bump but this shows just how far we've come as a club since 2013. 10k ish in the prem with 8k season ticket holders. Now in our 3rd season in the Championship we're averaging over 15k with 11k season ticket holders. Lets smash all records next season and continue the upward spiral
Iis not gradual since 2013. Iy got a lot worse after that. And it happened literally overnight after winning the Scottish Cup. No other reason.
What's vital now is to maximize that feel good factor by playing well and winning in the new season ahead

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-05-2017, 07:28 PM
Iis not gradual since 2013. Iy got a lot worse after that. And it happened literally overnight after winning the Scottish Cup. No other reason.
What's vital now is to maximize that feel good factor by playing well and winning in the new season ahead

Absolutely agree with this. The Scottish Cup win galvanised the support. Let's not forget, that same season we played Dumbarton at home in front of just over 6000 fans

Another couple of proven quality signings could see us going in to the season with 17k hibs fans attending on a weekly basis. That would be quite a feat

Itsnoteasy
04-05-2017, 07:37 PM
Absolutely agree with this. The Scottish Cup win galvanised the support. Let's not forget, that same season we played Dumbarton at home in front of just over 6000 fans

Another couple of proven quality signings could see us going in to the season with 17k hibs fans attending on a weekly basis. That would be quite a feat

No chance.
Maybe the big games.

Borderhibbie76
04-05-2017, 09:21 PM
No chance.
Maybe the big games.
You mean like St Mirren in sat??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

we are hibs
04-05-2017, 10:00 PM
No chance.
Maybe the big games.

We've had 16k v Dunfermline
18k vs Dundee United
19k on saturday

not to mention 1000 new season tickets to add on to most who will probably renew. We've averaged 15k this season, can only see that going up.