PDA

View Full Version : Greggs McGivern to stay? (media "understands" he's staying until end of season)

3pm
06-01-2013, 01:40 PM
According to the Scotsman twitter feed.

There is a quote attributed to him as well, says we'll know in the next week hopefully.

It'd be grand if he stayed.

Off the bar
06-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Fingers crossed he stays, motm on thursday imo

adhibs
06-01-2013, 01:59 PM
would b a fantastic signing. Sell on potential aswell

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2013, 02:02 PM
:pray:

ScottB
06-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Always thought he was the likeliest of the three to stay, City won't want him, won't be bothered about the sort of fee they could get for him and given that he hasn't performed at lower league English clubs, probably wouldn't be in high demand.

Will be great to get him tied up at least until the summer.

givescotlandfreedom
06-01-2013, 02:11 PM
I wonder if it means stay long term or stay till the end of the season?

HH81
06-01-2013, 02:12 PM
I think all 3 loan players will stay.

Pretty Boy
06-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Would like to see him stay.

Good though he is its unlikely he'll be breaking into the Man City first team and getting a new contract there so hopefully we can sort something out with them and him.

Mikey
06-01-2013, 02:25 PM
It would be great if he could stay, ideally on a 2 1/2 year deal but we'd all have to acknowledge that he would be with us for no more than 18 months.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-01-2013, 02:27 PM
For players like McGivern, I don't think there is anything wrong with selling them a deal that includes cutting them in on any transfer fee.

1875HFC
06-01-2013, 02:45 PM
personally he has been my player of the season so far. Solid at the back and cool under pressure, doesnt just punt it away aimlessly unless theres nothing else for it! suppose he is on the books of Man City so he must be ding something right :thumbsup:

cammy1969
06-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Always thought he was the likeliest of the three to stay, City won't want him, won't be bothered about the sort of fee they could get for him and given that he hasn't performed at lower league English clubs, probably wouldn't be in high demand.

Will be great to get him tied up at least until the summer.

Am sure he's been on loan at a few lower league clubs was he not at Bristol city last season don't know we're I seen that so maybe ave just made that up lol would be great if he signed a long term deal tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson
06-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Am sure he's been on loan at a few lower league clubs was he not at Bristol city last season don't know we're I seen that so maybe ave just made that up lol would be great if he signed a long term deal tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=49747

Liam89
06-01-2013, 03:03 PM
personally he has been my player of the season so far. Solid at the back and cool under pressure, doesnt just punt it away aimlessly unless theres nothing else for it! suppose he is on the books of Man City so he must be ding something right :thumbsup:

I'm a fan of McGivern as much as the next guy but if you watched him against Hearts you'll have seen every time he got the ball it was a punt up the park. Even when he had time he'd do this, although he wasn't the only one guilty of this.

That being said, I would love for him to stay. Think he's a very solid, versatile defender and great in the air.

Suburban Hibby
06-01-2013, 03:10 PM
For me as important as Leigh- wins everything in the air and very cool under pressure.

RickyS
06-01-2013, 03:59 PM
For me as important as Leigh- wins everything in the air and very cool under pressure.

my mate said that one of the papers saying Celtic have put in a bid for Leigh?

muzzhfc
06-01-2013, 04:02 PM
dont want to pour cold water on this, but its not the Scotsman who are reporting this, its the Daily Mail who also state that he is on loan until March, not January.

Hope it is true though!

As for sparky to celtic. Doubt it

Golden Bear
06-01-2013, 04:03 PM
my mate said that one of the papers saying Celtic have put in a bid for Leigh?

No bid as yet but they're "pondering" the situation according to the Sunday Post .

1875HFC
06-01-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm a fan of McGivern as much as the next guy but if you watched him against Hearts you'll have seen every time he got the ball it was a punt up the park. Even when he had time he'd do this, although he wasn't the only one guilty of this.

That being said, I would love for him to stay. Think he's a very solid, versatile defender and great in the air.

Granted that was the one game he did do that, been hanging about with hanlon too much, think he just couldnt be bothered giving the ball to the midfield, thought he would just try and service Griffiths himself. Probably more chance of that working...

Mister P
06-01-2013, 04:38 PM
I think mcgiverns defensive efforts has been every bit as responsible for our fortunes this season as sparkys goals. If either one of those guys don't stay I fear the season may begin to slide.

Northernhibee
06-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Granted that was the one game he did do that, been hanging about with hanlon too much, think he just couldnt be bothered giving the ball to the midfield, thought he would just try and service Griffiths himself. Probably more chance of that working...

No need for the wee dig at Hanlon. The lad has been very good for us this year.

hfc rd
06-01-2013, 05:23 PM
I would love all three of the guys on loan to stay. Man city might let us take McGivern for the rest of the season as I doubt he will break into that City defence. He's out of contract at the end of the season so I hope we can start discussions about a pre-contract.

I don't know about Claros. I would like to see him stay but didn't his club not put like a £900K price tag on him when Rankers had him on trial and wanted to buy him. That's what put them off as they obviously couldn't afford it and we stole him from under their noses on a 1 year loan. If that's still the price tag his team wants then we have no chance of signing him. Best way we have is trying to extend the loan until the end of the season at least.

Also Griffiths is a must, even if it is till the end of the season. I really fear on where will the goals come from if he does go back to Wolves or elsewhere in this window. The sacking of their manager doesn't help at all and if the new gaffer likes the look of Griffiths then it's going to be hard to keep him. Also maybe Leigh might be happy with the sacking at Wolves and feel as if he will be given a proper chance down there. I'm sure paddy and rod are trying their utmost best to get something sorted with wolves but we all know it's not in their hands. Also Leigh will have other offers on his table that could match or better his wage at Molineux that could be very financially benefiting to him and his family. It's up to him where he wants to be after January. I sincerely hope he is still in a Hibs jersey after the transfer window.

jdships
06-01-2013, 09:25 PM
No need for the wee dig at Hanlon. The lad has been very good for us this year.

Agree !!!
Wee squeek from East Mains - McG could POSSIBLY sign a 'pre-contract' this week :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
07-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Agree !!!
Wee squeek from East Mains - McG could POSSIBLY sign a 'pre-contract' this week :wink:

He won't sign anything for a few days at least, he's on a flight to New York.

Speedway
07-01-2013, 12:36 PM
There was an option for Hibs in McG's original loan deal, something to do with an option to buy. Don't know the criteria though.

Speedy
07-01-2013, 12:55 PM

McGivern does tend to punt from the back quite a lot.

Not sure if it's something he's been told to do or not.

Golden Bear
07-01-2013, 01:27 PM

:agree:

Since his arrival, he's been Hibernianised.

:wink:

Jack
07-01-2013, 01:34 PM
I think at the moment, and certainly at the yammatch everyone was under orders to clear their lines.

The thing I like about McGivern is that normally when he's clearing his lines he finds a Hibs player and when he's heading a ball its to a Hibs player rather than just somewhere up the park / to one of them.

I’d be delighted if he stayed. I don’t give a hoot about his resale value, his value to the club and attracting better quality players all round is IMO more important at the moment.

JimBHibees
07-01-2013, 02:28 PM

I think he punts when nothing else on. Dont have a great issue with that as anyone can see he is a decent player with the ball at his feet. Would be a great signing if we can get him on a permanent deal.

RyeSloan
07-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Ryan has been a standout every time I have seen him play. His performance in the Scottish against the yams was outstanding.

I remembered when he signed I read a thread on the Bristol City forum where they dissed him badly ...dug up the thread here: http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/146680-ryan-mcgivern/

Just goes to show that football fans can be very poor judges of a player although to be fair one poster did seem to spot the boy was making progress....I don't see the lack of pace nor the poor positioning though maybe he was just too young and playing with a team that didn't suit...

jane_says
07-01-2013, 10:56 PM

Agree 100%, the back 4 were immense but McGivern in particular was guilty of this, especially as he can play if he wants to. Still, would love to see him stay, if we had the back 5 signed for another couple seasons it'd give us a fantastic base for the team.

sahib
08-01-2013, 12:16 AM
I don't rate this guy as highly as everyone else seems to. I am not too bothered about him going, which probably means he will sign up and become a legend.

hibeefan95
08-01-2013, 12:24 AM
I hope he does stay. The composure the guy shows at times is immense.

patch1875
08-01-2013, 03:21 PM
According to sky it's nearly a done deal til the end of the season

Sergey
08-01-2013, 03:27 PM
According to sky it's nearly a done deal til the end of the season

Indeed.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8386146/?

PatHead
08-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Excellent news

Bleeds green
08-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Indeed.

Different gravy excellent business pat

green glory
08-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Great news. Claros and Sparky next please.

Craig_in_Prague
08-01-2013, 04:07 PM
I don't rate this guy as highly as everyone else seems to. I am not too bothered about him going, which probably means he will sign up and become a legend.

Who do you rate in the team higher than him then?

He is quality and oozes class IMO.

AND he has done this as a loanee. After last season, I was concerned about more loan signings making up a significant part of the team, but McGivern, Claros and Sparky, have all been outstanding for us this season.

I think we can live without Claros IMO, but not sure losing Sparky and Mcgivern could be dealt with too well for the remainder of the season.

Ultrabee1-0
08-01-2013, 05:10 PM
When does his contact run out at city?

Golden Bear
08-01-2013, 05:14 PM

AND he has done this as a loanee. After last season, I was concerned about more loan signings making up a significant part of the team, but McGivern, Claros and Sparky, have all been outstanding for us this season.

I think we can live without Claros IMO, but not sure losing Sparky and Mcgivern could be dealt with too well for the remainder of the season.

For all Claros has had a great season, having 3 defensive midfielders in the same team is a bit over the top for my liking.

hfc rd
08-01-2013, 05:21 PM
When does his contact run out at city?

End of the season.

Ultrabee1-0
08-01-2013, 05:25 PM
End of the season.

so if we get him on loan till the end of the season we will get him for free in the summer seems a good deal to me!

Beefster
08-01-2013, 05:28 PM
so if we get him on loan till the end of the season we will get him for free in the summer seems a good deal to me!

If McGivern wanted to stay at Hibs permanently, he could sign a pre-contract now.

hfc rd
08-01-2013, 05:29 PM

Yep I hope we do get him signed up permanently in the summer.

Heisenberg
08-01-2013, 05:32 PM
A loan till the end of the season suits Mcgivern. He gets to stay where he's been having a good time of things for a bit longer and he can then have a look at where we are at the end of the season and what other offers he has available. Good player and happy it looks like he's staying.

Mark79
08-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Indeed.

Is it me or does the st mirren player in the photo look about 10?

jgl07
08-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Manchester City seem to think he would like to stay until the end of the season:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2013/January/Lowan-Watch-8-Jan

HH81
08-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Manchester City seem to think he would like to stay until the end of the season:

What about any of the others? Loans coming to an end, have a word Pat :)

Jim44
08-01-2013, 05:39 PM

Sounds promising. MC make sound like the choice is up to McGivern.

CropleyWasGod
08-01-2013, 06:27 PM

Will? I admire your optimism. :greengrin

He will get much higher wages elsewhere.

Squealing pig
08-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Good bit of business but keep him in the centre he's nay gid at left back.

Greendub
08-01-2013, 06:37 PM

Haha I was just about to type that :D

jodjam
08-01-2013, 06:38 PM

Aye I thought exactly the same.

cam75
08-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Played well against Portugal if I remember ! Hope he stays for 2/3 year deal .

Broken Gnome
08-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Close to loan deal to end of the season, says the Scotsman.

matty_f
08-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Great news. I think he's our best player.:agree:

sahib
08-01-2013, 11:55 PM

He just seems to me, to be a not very pacey guy, who gets his head to the odd clearance and punts the ball up the park. Motherwell exposed him cruelly in the second half in the last encounter ( I thought) when he was playing in wider role. He is often quite composed on the ball and obviously quite skillfull. He looks impressive with the shock of white hair. I just think he is being over-hyped

CallumLaidlaw
09-01-2013, 12:00 AM
He just seems to me to be a not very pacey guy who gets his head to the odd clearance and punts the ball up the park. Motherwell exposed him cruelly in the second half in the last encounter when he was playing in wider roll. He is often quite composed on the ball and quite skillfull. He looks impressive with the shock of white hair. I just think he is being over-hyped

You may say overhyped, but he's definitely one of our best players therefor worth keeping.

J-C
09-01-2013, 12:03 AM
He just seems to me to be a not very pacey guy who gets his head to the odd clearance and punts the ball up the park. Motherwell exposed him cruelly in the second half in the last encounter when he was playing in wider roll. He is often quite composed on the ball and quite skillfull. He looks impressive with the shock of white hair. I just think he is being over-hyped

Mainly due to the fact Cairney disappeared from the game and stopped tracking back to help out, Fenlon's mistake was not bringing on Stevenson a natural left sided defensive midfielder to help out.

His pace is definitely not a problem, in fact quite the opposite I think.

Cocaine&Caviar
09-01-2013, 12:07 AM
If by some amazing feat of bargaining we were able to get Griffiths, McGivern & Claros on loan until the end of the season, to which I believe all 3 are out of contract, and then sign them in the summer on 2-3 year deals; it could finally give us a squad with sell on value once again.

hibby al
09-01-2013, 08:08 AM
apparently in the express that we have extended the loan to the end of the season

hibeequinn
09-01-2013, 09:05 AM
BBC website says we have got him till the end of the season.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

number9dream
09-01-2013, 09:08 AM
BBC website says we have got him till the end of the season.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BBC simply quotes the Express saying we have extended deal in their gossip column...

Golden Bear
09-01-2013, 09:10 AM
apparently in the express that we have extended the loan to the end of the season

"Hibs have extended Ryan Mcgivern's loan until the end of the season. Man City have come to an agreement that will allow the Northern Irish international to remain at Easter Road.

Fenlon is still hopeful of holding on to fellow loanees Leigh Griffiths and Jorge Claros. Hibs Chief Executive Rod Petrie is in talks with Wolves to retain top scorer Griffiths and Montagua over Claros' fate."

Aldo
09-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Excellent news. Hopefully a wee pre contract agreement as well.

spike220
09-01-2013, 09:16 AM

"Hibs have extended Ryan Mcgivern's loan until the end of the season. Man City have come to an agreement that will allow the Northern Irish international to remain at Easter Road.

Fenlon is still hopeful of holding on to fellow loanees Leigh Griffiths and Jorge Claros. Hibs Chief Executive Rod Petrie is in talks with Wolves to retain top scorer Griffiths and Montagua over Claros' fate."

I didnt know Petrie could speak Spanish!:cb

SMAXXA
09-01-2013, 09:23 AM
I didnt know Petrie could speak Spanish!:cb

El Tasho is how he is known over there

jodjam
09-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Delighted he's staying til end of season as it suits all parties.

However McGivern can bide his time in the summer and wait on any offers coming in. If his form continues then he will surely receive better financial offers than we can compete with.

LancsHibs
09-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Fantastic news:thumbsup:

hibsbollah
09-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Well done El Bigote :aok:

Speedway
09-01-2013, 09:48 AM
El Tasho is how he is known over there

El Tasho/Bigote es el queso grande y hace que las chicas concebir. :cb

Craig_in_Prague
09-01-2013, 09:58 AM
Delighted he's staying til end of season as it suits all parties.

However McGivern can bide his time in the summer and wait on any offers coming in. If his form continues then he will surely receive better financial offers than we can compete with.

Pat said at the time we got him on loan, that he was very surprised we could actually get him on loan.

so lets be thankful we've had a very good player at the club for 1 season, and whilst he was a loanee, he has played as if he's contracted to Hibs.

He clearly can play at a high level and rather than being downbeat that he will likely move on in the summer, I will enjoy the fact he's part of our team for the remainder of this season, he is a vital part of the team and I'm delighted he's staying on.

Russell The Dug
09-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Great news. Must be a chance of a pre-contract now.

superfurryhibby
09-01-2013, 10:37 AM

Is that not Leigh´s job?

Hibbyradge
09-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Great news. Must be a chance of a pre-contract now.

Definitely.

The only small hurdle is the fact that he'll be able to pick up 10 times the wages we can pay, in England.

Jack Hackett
09-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Pat said at the time we got him on loan, that he was very surprised we could actually get him on loan.

so lets be thankful we've had a very good player at the club for 1 season, and whilst he was a loanee, he has played as if he's contracted to Hibs.

He clearly can play at a high level and rather than being downbeat that he will likely move on in the summer, I will enjoy the fact he's part of our team for the remainder of this season, he is a vital part of the team and I'm delighted he's staying on.

All of this..... Not to mention that the yams will be incandescent wat the news :greengrin

monktonharp
09-01-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't rate this guy as highly as everyone else seems to. I am not too bothered about him going, which probably means he will sign up and become a legend.there you go then. a legend in our midst. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2013, 03:35 PM
McGivern has had a couple of unsuccessful loan spells in England, but obviously playing well for us might have a few clubs look at him during the coming weeks?

I'd imagine if he were to sign for us he'd be a top earner, if he signed for a championship club they'd pay more than us.

We might be able to compete with Div 1 teams, but it will all be down to where Ryan wants to go at the end of the season.

Haymaker
09-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Definitely.

The only small hurdle is the fact that he'll be able to pick up 10 times the wages we can pay, in England.

Clubs may well be looking but the fact he didnt impress down there may cool them off. Might allow us to get him tied down for 2 years, show he can be consistent and improve and better English clubs will pay even more for his services.

That is what I would be telling him at the HTC anyway! :greengrin

Russell The Dug
09-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Definitely.

You know for a fact he will be able to pick up 10x the wage down south aye? In that case why would he not go on loan to this said team now until the end of the season and instead us?

VickMackie
09-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Definitely.

You think he'd get ten/fifteen grand a week in England?

lucky
09-01-2013, 06:27 PM
On STV news that Jorge Claros's club have other offers for him.

MontrealHibs
09-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Definitely.

We could never afford the development fee we would be owe Man City?

Bobo
09-01-2013, 10:17 PM
McGivern has had a couple of unsuccessful loan spells in England, but obviously playing well for us might have a few clubs look at him during the coming weeks?

I'd imagine if he were to sign for us he'd be a top earner, if he signed for a championship club they'd pay more than us.

We might be able to compete with Div 1 teams, but it will all be down to where Ryan wants to go at the end of the season.

An important factor IMO would be our qualifying for Europe next season. If we do then it's something that no Div 1 or Championship side can offer.

If McGivern is enjoying his football at ER and isn't driven by money then he just may want to sign a permanent contract come May and think about a return down south at a later date? A season or two with Hibs could benefit him at the moment as he's still a young guy learning the game.

spike220
09-01-2013, 10:22 PM

Cómo continuar con una oración Jorge Claros e Griffiths E McGivern:confused:. Esta cuestión se plantea a menudo después de una semana en Claros, o después de haber participado en un encuentro de Griffiths en algún lugar del mundo:agree:. Ofrecemos aquí algunos de los elementos más importantes para preparar un tiempo de oración en común, una oración McGivern:aok:.

El Tasho ha hablado amenudo de la importancia del el pithithith y de los cantos en la vida dela comunidad desde sus orígenes:rolleyes:. Aquí se encuentran Griffiths páginas sobre el canto meditativo, sobre la manera de cantar estos cantos:greengrin. Se ofrece también el esquema de una oración "con cantos de Griffiths ", páginas sobre el valor del silencio, sobre cómo preparar el lugar de la oración, el uso de iconos, clips de sonido Jorge Claros:cb.

Eyrie
09-01-2013, 10:52 PM
We could never afford the development fee we would be owe Man City?

Signing McGivern would count as a cross border move, so I don't think that applies.

spike220
10-01-2013, 02:00 AM
Signing McGivern would count as a cross border move, so I don't think that applies.

superfurryhibby
10-01-2013, 08:39 AM

Would there be a developement fee anyway, if City were not offering him a new contract? He would surely then revert to being a feeless, free agent?

McGivern needs first team football, Edinburgh is a beautiful place to live. I think we have a chance of getting him on a permanent deal.

hibsbollah
10-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Another Irish player...

:weed:

Golden Bear
10-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Cómo continuar con una oración Jorge Claros e Griffiths E McGivern:confused:. Esta cuestión se plantea a menudo después de una semana en Claros, o después de haber participado en un encuentro de Griffiths en algún lugar del mundo:agree:. Ofrecemos aquí algunos de los elementos más importantes para preparar un tiempo de oración en común, una oración McGivern:aok:.

El Tasho ha hablado amenudo de la importancia del el pithithith y de los cantos en la vida dela comunidad desde sus orígenes:rolleyes:. Aquí se encuentran Griffiths páginas sobre el canto meditativo, sobre la manera de cantar estos cantos:greengrin. Se ofrece también el esquema de una oración "con cantos de Griffiths ", páginas sobre el valor del silencio, sobre cómo preparar el lugar de la oración, el uso de iconos, clips de sonido Jorge Claros:cb.

Spot on Spike. I couldn't agree more.

:wink:

BonnieFitbaTeam
10-01-2013, 09:38 AM
He just seems to me, to be a not very pacey guy, who gets his head to the odd clearance and punts the ball up the park. Motherwell exposed him cruelly in the second half in the last encounter ( I thought) when he was playing in wider role. He is often quite composed on the ball and obviously quite skillfull. He looks impressive with the shock of white hair. I just think he is being over-hyped

Agree to a point. As as been mentioned though he wasn't getting much cover from midfield. Should also bear in mind that he was up against Humphrey who is possibly the quickest player in the league.

Reminds me of the myth that Murph was slow, which was based solely, as far as I could tell, on the fact that he was ripped up for arse-paper by one Dennis Rommedahl (against Charlton, was it ?) - a bloke who at his peak would have given Usain Bolt a run for his money !

johncrobertson@
12-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Sky Sports understands that Ryan McGivern will see out the season at Hibernian after seeing his loan agreement extended.
The 23-year-old full-back is yet to make the breakthrough at the Etihad Stadium and has spent much of his senior career to date out on loan.
That has been the case once again this term, with Hibs having snapped him up in August.
An initial deal was put in place until January, but a fresh agreement will need to be struck if McGivern is to remain at Easter Road.
It is understood that City are prepared to let a man who has earned an international recall to theNorthern Ireland (http://topics.skysports.com/Northern+Ireland/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif squad on the back of his consistent displays remain in Scotland for the remainder of the 2012/13 campaign.

Eyrie
12-01-2013, 10:20 PM
I hope and expect this to happen, but my inner pedant insists on pointing out that "Sky Sports understands" does not mean "confirmed" :wink:

Golden Bear
12-01-2013, 10:24 PM
It was confirmed on hibs net a few days ago - that will dae for me!

LancashireHibby
12-01-2013, 10:24 PM
I hope and expect this to happen, but my inner pedant insists on pointing out that "Sky Sports understands" does not mean "confirmed" :wink:
Usually not far wrong (and not without reason) so I'm pretty confident it will be confirmed. Great news. :thumbsup:

Scottie
12-01-2013, 10:37 PM
What sort of contract is Ryan on at City ? With him being on loan for most of his senior career what would be the chance of us getting him signed up on a permanent deal if possible ?

Think he's been a great solid addition to our defence this season. Just the type of versatile lad we need at Hibs.

basehibby
12-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Great News! Another piece of the jigsaw falls into place...

lord bunberry
12-01-2013, 11:16 PM
I love it when a plan comes together

TheReg!
12-01-2013, 11:38 PM
I don't think there is long left on his contract at City, so there could be a small chance we could get him on a permanent contract but more than likely a Championship club will snap him up at EOS on a much bigger wage. Lets enjoy while we can, you never know he might want to stay?

Scottie
12-01-2013, 11:44 PM
I don't think there is long left on his contract at City, so there could be a small chance we could get him on a permanent contract but more than likely a Championship club will snap him up at EOS on a much bigger wage. Lets enjoy while we can, you never know he might want to stay?

Thanks for the info mate.

Hopefully Paddy and the powers that be can do the nessesary and get him signed up in the summer.
But like you said lets enjoy the lad in a Hibs jersey while we can.:aok:

God Petrie
12-01-2013, 11:47 PM
What's the craic with Claros. Would love to see him signed up too.