PDA

View Full Version : Another Striker??

CB_NO3
06-01-2013, 09:04 AM
At what point in this window do we give up on Leigh and start chasing another forward player? Am still hopeful that a deal can be done and we have the best man on the job in Petrie to work his magic, but say come the 23rd of Jan we are no further forward, do we then chase someone else? Do we think Pat has someone else in mind? We cant just go with Doyle and Caldwell, that would harm our European push. Then there is the problem, say we sign another forward player and come the 30th Jan Wolves cave in and say we just want shot of him and you can have him for 50k, do we just do the deal anyway? I can see why managers hate this window.

semaj64
06-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Thought his loan ends 21 Jan, although I would expect Fenlon to have already lined up his shopping list,

J-C
06-01-2013, 09:23 AM
At what point in this window do we give up on Leigh and start chasing another forward player? Am still hopeful that a deal can be done and we have the best man on the job in Petrie to work his magic, but say come the 23rd of Jan we are no further forward, do we then chase someone else? Do we think Pat has someone else in mind? We cant just go with Doyle and Caldwell, that would harm our European push. Then there is the problem, say we sign another forward player and come the 30th Jan Wolves cave in and say we just want shot of him and you can have him for 50k, do we just do the deal anyway? I can see why managers hate this window.

I don't think having another striker would be a bad option, whatever way the Griffiths saga unfolds.

Kuqi has been non existent, Caldwell is young and really unproven, Handling looks a better option than Caldwell and Doyle is starting to show his worth.

Either way we still need another forward even if Griffiths stays and get shot of Kuqi.

JimBHibees
06-01-2013, 10:55 AM
I don't think having another striker would be a bad option, whatever way the Griffiths saga unfolds.

Kuqi has been non existent, Caldwell is young and really unproven, Handling looks a better option than Caldwell and Doyle is starting to show his worth.

Either way we still need another forward even if Griffiths stays and get shot of Kuqi.

One thing is for sure we need to be putting things in place to replace him. The club will probably have a fair idea now how it is going to go and will act accordingly. New manager at Wolves in an interesting development.

Waxy
06-01-2013, 11:07 AM
I think we would have to put a deadline down regarding Leigh.
We need to have a decent amount of time to get a replacement striker.

TheReg!
06-01-2013, 11:18 AM
I think we would have to put a deadline down regarding Leigh.
We need to have a decent amount of time to get a replacement striker.

That deadline is fast approaching and needs to be sorted out ASAP, I just hope Pat's plan B is a good one. Rooney would be a good option, proven goal scorer at SPL level. No matter what it looks like it will be another Loan deal window for us.

Iain G
06-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Forward and a quick wide player would be lovely and keep Leigh, Claros and McGivern til the end of the season :-)

PeterboroHibee
06-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Fenlon seems to be focusing on keeping on all the loan players (and rightly so), but I agree with the above, we need a point where we have to bring in a different option (and hopefully they have players in mind).

Im sure I read they have been negotiating for a while now, and whilst these things take time, they must have some idea whether or not the players are likely to stay?

JMac
06-01-2013, 01:17 PM
What happened to the whole Kenny Miller thing that was buzzing around 2 months ago?

hibeequinn
06-01-2013, 01:20 PM
miller stated he wants a 3rd go at rangers he's off his head

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Centre Hawf
06-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Adam Rooney would be a cracking signing i think even if we keep Leigh. Only problem is he is on loan at Swindon so i don't know how we could go about getting him unless Birmingham can cancel the Loan.

LeighLoyal
06-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Second place is a big prize and we're in with a shout, so a replacement will be needed. I still think Griffiths could be secured without huge outlay and he wants to be here.

Mr White
06-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Adam Rooney would be a cracking signing i think even if we keep Leigh. Only problem is he is on loan at Swindon so i don't know how we could go about getting him unless Birmingham can cancel the Loan.
rooney would be a great signing but a couple of potential problems: it seems he played in a league cup tie for brum before his loan move to swindon- is there not a rule that prevents a player from playing for more than 2 clubs in the same season or is that ok if its cross-border? secondly, i'm all for equal opportunities for gingers but 2 of them playing up front together? I just dont think thats going to work.

hfc rd
06-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Second place is a big prize and we're in with a shout, so a replacement will be needed. I still think Griffiths could be secured without huge outlay and he wants to be here.

Wolves have appointed a new manager since Leigh said he wanted to stay here as he knew that Stale Solbakken didn't rate him. He might have changed his mind and maybe said to himself that he now could be given a chance under Saunders in the 2nd half of the season. I hope Leigh does stay beyond January but we just have to wait and see now.

Centre Hawf
06-01-2013, 10:31 PM
rooney would be a great signing but a couple of potential problems: it seems he played in a league cup tie for brum before his loan move to swindon- is there not a rule that prevents a player from playing for more than 2 clubs in the same season or is that ok if its cross-border? secondly, i'm all for equal opportunities for gingers but 2 of them playing up front together? I just dont think thats going to work.

I'm not entirely sure on the Rule regarding that, if you're right then that scunners that idea. Doubt we would be looking at him anyway. And in regard to have two gingers, we'll we always are breaking social boundaries aren't we.

Speedway
07-01-2013, 11:50 AM
What makes you think 168 career goal Shifty Kuqi won't do the business for us if we lose Spanky?

Jones28
07-01-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm sure pat will have done his lists and handed them Petrie months ago, just seems like the kind of guy he is :agree:

Kuqi is clearly over the hill, doyle is playing well, griffiths I think will stay till the end of the season at least and we have 2 talented youngsters as well. I'd say sign one more striker and that should see us right, no idea who though. Adam Rooney is a good shout.

Ultrabee1-0
07-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Connor salmon???

PatHead
07-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Connor salmon???

Are you the famed fishman

Billy Whizz
07-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Connor salmon???

Is he not playing most weeks for Derby?

TheReg!
07-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Connor salmon???

Cant see that coming off mate, he gets a game almost every week.

Ultrabee1-0
07-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Cant see that coming off mate, he gets a game almost every week.

Oops thought he was still on the bench at wigan that one's out the window then!

Alfred E Newman
07-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Connor salmon???

He ticks all the boxes.:greengrin

Billy Whizz
07-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Oops thought he was still on the bench at wigan that one's out the window then!

Your not allowed to make things up and post on Hibs.net

Ultrabee1-0
07-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Mcgoldrick from coventry? Or is he on loan?? Or clarke from coventry 26 goals between them this season??

Manxhibs
07-01-2013, 05:08 PM
What about nicky clark from queen of the south, seems to be banging them in, worth a punt?

HibeeBigFly
07-01-2013, 05:21 PM
What about nicky clark from queen of the south, seems to be banging them in, worth a punt?

Yeah I think he would be worth a shot. Sandy clark's son. Lyle Taylor of Falkirk is another who fits the bill.

What about Jay Fulton!

lord bunberry
07-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Yeah I think he would be worth a shot. Sandy clark's son. Lyle Taylor of Falkirk is another who fits the bill.

What about Jay Fulton!

does he look like his mother

PatHead
07-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Di Canio revealed: "We agreed a deal for an amount of money but in the end they said 'we can't buy him now'. "He will stay there and we are happy to keep Rooney here until the end of the season, and then we will go to another plan."

Definately not Rooney then.

PatHead
07-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Mcgoldrick from coventry? Or is he on loan?? Or clarke from coventry 26 goals between them this season??

Clarke was on loan from Charlton, signed permanent deal with Coventry today.

heretoday
07-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Can't we send Kuqi in a Sparky suit and try to work the old switcheroo?

Ultrabee1-0
07-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Clarke was on loan from Charlton, signed permanent deal with Coventry today.

The two of them are quality! Pitty Clarke has been snapped up!