PDA

View Full Version : was anyone selling spare tickets outside the ground last night?

monktonharp
04-01-2013, 11:48 PM
just curious , but did any of you guys spot someone selling a spare ticket outside Tynie?. I had a rush o' blood tae the heid and decided to go to the Murrayfield hotel at 5:30 on the night, to try and pick up a spare. at 6;45 I decided to try the Roseburn. by the time I got there, it was like a Star Wars bar,and the bouncers told me to bolt. In a panic, I decided tae get back among ma ain folk and make sure I could see the kick off in a boozer so I jumped on the next 26 bus. anyone pick up a ticket ootside the ground?

edinburghhibee
05-01-2013, 12:15 AM
Never saw any getting sold outside the ground I had a spare one and put it on the thread for the face value. Whoever called me first then let me down so had to sell it to a family member who wasn't fussy for going last minute

monktonharp
05-01-2013, 12:27 AM
Never saw any getting sold outside the ground I had a spare one and put it on the thread for the face value. Whoever called me first then let me down so had to sell it to a family member who wasn't fussy for going last minutegrrrrr. seriously wanted one! I got a phone call from a friend ,who'd travelled from way up north that someone in the Roseburn had one, although sold by the time I got there. used to be common practise to get on at the gates but last night they seemed like goldust.

monktonharp
05-01-2013, 12:30 AM
Never saw any getting sold outside the ground I had a spare one and put it on the thread for the face value. Whoever called me first then let me down so had to sell it to a family member who wasn't fussy for going last minuteI'd also heard about some exchanging,over face value but I would not sell over the price to a Hibby,and certainly not pay over face value as a point of principal

edinburghhibee
05-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Again never had anyone try sell me one over the face value or at all last night. I'm with you though, I honestly think there should be a law against selling tickets for a show concert or game over the face value. Yet you go to places like t in the park and the second you get off the bus there is someone in your face trying to buy your ticket under face value only to then sell in nearer the gate for double the price.

BS44
05-01-2013, 12:48 AM
just curious , but did any of you guys spot someone selling a spare ticket outside Tynie?. I had a rush o' blood tae the heid and decided to go to the Murrayfield hotel at 5:30 on the night, to try and pick up a spare. at 6;45 I decided to try the Roseburn. by the time I got there, it was like a Star Wars bar,and the bouncers told me to bolt. In a panic, I decided tae get back among ma ain folk and make sure I could see the kick off in a boozer so I jumped on the next 26 bus. anyone pick up a ticket ootside the ground?

If you had popped into the Hampton Hotel (next door to the Murrayfield) at 5.30 yesterday then we would have been able to sort you out with a spare ticket there and then. Not that it helps much now. :greengrin

monktonharp
05-01-2013, 12:54 AM
If you had popped into the Hampton Hotel (next door to the Murrayfield) at 5.30 yesterday then we would have been able to sort you out with a spare ticket there and then. Not that it helps much now. :greengrincheers mate. did try to float between the 2 hotels but couldnae get intae the Hampton!

hungryhibs
05-01-2013, 01:14 AM
There was a guy selling 4 tickets in the haymarket bar for face value

monktonharp
05-01-2013, 01:19 AM
There was a guy selling 4 tickets in the haymarket bar for face valuenever considered going in there:fuming:

Pete
05-01-2013, 01:27 AM
There was a guy selling 4 tickets in the haymarket bar for face value

Aye right then!:greengrin

hungryhibs
05-01-2013, 01:47 AM
Aye right then!:greengrin

There was about 10 off them and had 4 spare think someone baught them for his mates even offered the guy silly money but the guy said would not take anything more than face value :aok:

I'm_cabbaged
05-01-2013, 06:48 AM
There was about 10 off them and had 4 spare think someone naught them for his mates even offered the guy silly money but the guy said would not take anything more than face value :aok:

I couldnae make it cause I did my back in, but my laddies bumped into somebody (who I think we both know) who was looking for a ticket, everybody happy!!