PDA

View Full Version : Positive supporters thread ..

StevieC
04-01-2013, 09:46 PM
A lot of talk of spitting, smoke bombs and sectarian singing ...

Not seen much mention of the minutes applause and the sporting attitude shown by the Hibs support by joining the minute of respect for someone they knew very little about.

The number of supporters that joined in far outweighed the number of numpties that misbehaved, so how come its not even had a mention?

CallumLaidlaw
04-01-2013, 09:50 PM
When they announced there was going to be a minutes appreciation, I felt huge relief when it was applause rather than silence. Certainly everyone around me was clapping, and I read an article today which mentioned how excellent the Hibs fans were for the applause.

Jonnyboy
04-01-2013, 09:54 PM

Not seen much mention of the minutes applause and the sporting attitude shown by the Hibs support by joining the minute of respect for someone they knew very little about.

The number of supporters that joined in far outweighed the number of numpties that misbehaved, so how come its not even had a mention?

:agree: :top marks

bingo70
04-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Who was the minutes applause for?

Don't mean this to sound disrespectful but we seem to have a lot of these at tynecastle, sure I can think of about 3 or 4 in the last few years or so where as I can't think of many at other grounds.

CallumLaidlaw
04-01-2013, 10:03 PM

Don't mean this to sound disrespectful but we seem to have a lot of these at tynecastle, sure I can think of about 3 or 4 in the last few years or so where as I can't think of many at other grounds.

Club doctor died last week apparently.

I have to admit to thinking at the time that they would be desperate for us to look bad

Jonnyboy
04-01-2013, 10:03 PM

Hearts' long serving club doctor

Wotherspiniesta
04-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Fenlon in!

Teo10
04-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Club doctor died last week apparently.

I have to admit to thinking at the time that they would be desperate for us to look bad

I wasn't aware who it was for but I also thought another ploy to make us look bad.. especially after the minutes silence for a player who was mainly a Dundee United player (I think) but played for Hearts for about 4 games or something!

This is meant to not sound disrespectful in any way, shape or form btw. I observed both silence and the applause last night!

macca70
04-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Can't remember which of our players it was but they slid into the corner full pelt taking the corner flag clean oot.

There was a wee ball boy sitting there, not sure if the ball, corner flag or the player hit him or he just got a bit of a fright. But as our player was getting back up he took a few seconds out to pat the young lad on the head and make sure he was ok.

Never seen it mentioned anywhere but it was a nice touch from our player.

bingo70
04-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Can't remember which of our players it was but they slid into the corner full pelt taking the corner flag clean oot.

There was a wee ball boy sitting there, not sure if the ball, corner flag or the player hit him or he just got a bit of a fright. But as our player was getting back up he took a few seconds out to pat the young lad on the head and make sure he was ok.

Never seen it mentioned anywhere but it was a nice touch from our player.

Was Clancy, noticed that as well

Jim44
04-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Prior to the match, there was a lot of excited talk about this minute's silence and how the Hibbys were about to make a fool of themselves by ignoring it, booing etc. In the event it was the Jambos themselves who were guilty of disrespect for, as the camera panned round the terracing, the idiots were shouting and giving it the big 5-1's instead of applauding.

monktonharp
04-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Prior to the match, there was a lot of excited talk about this minute's silence and how the Hibbys were about to make a fool of themselves by ignoring it, booing etc. In the event it was the Jambos themselves who were guilty of disrespect for, as the camera panned round the terracing, the idiots were shouting and giving it the big 5-1's instead of applauding. Idid not notice that, with some o' them acting silly. but did notice Tim Clancy doing that with the wee ball boy. nice touch, and looked like the wee lad appreciated that.he just was unlucky, being sat where Clancy arrived trying to prevent a corner.dunno how his Jambo Ma felt aboot it though:wink:

Hibspirational
05-01-2013, 12:42 AM
So the minute's applause wasn't for the 0-7 game then?

Silversand
05-01-2013, 01:46 AM

Well said Steve.

:top marks

Pete
05-01-2013, 02:30 AM

When I heard the announcer talk about respecting someone and the players line up I cringed when I heard some boos coming, as if they were expecting a silence.
When he said one minutes applause it was almost a relief and I reckon the vast majority put the madness to one side and paid respect to this guy, whoever he was. Even some of the booing idiots realised the error of their ways and joined in once they'd seen that you can still be fanatical but maintain your dignity and show respect when it matters.

Jack
05-01-2013, 07:35 AM
Idid not notice that, with some o' them acting silly. but did notice Tim Clancy doing that with the wee ball boy. nice touch, and looked like the wee lad appreciated that.he just was unlucky, being sat where Clancy arrived trying to prevent a corner.dunno how his Jambo Ma felt aboot it though:wink:

Clancy's mums a jambo? :O