PDA

View Full Version : Pat McMillan (Lancashire Hibs) RIP

darwenhibby
04-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Sad News to report, the passing of Pat McMillan @ 75.

Pat, although a Burnley lass, was a staunch Hibby dating back to when Jim McArthur was her hero.

Pat traveled many times with the Lancashire Hibs over the last 20 years and was an avid supporter of the Club 86, Club 2000, and contributed more in terms of the membership in recent years.

I spoke to her daughter Kathryn this morning who informed me she passed away very quickly after being diagnosed in October.

She was sent home from hospital in the first weekend of December, took the phone off the hook locked her door so that she could watch the Cup game in peace. Her family were frantic with worry, but she just wanted to watch her beloved Hibs on her own one last time.

She will be sadly missed by all Hibby's especially the Lancashire Hibs and the service stations down the M6 where she would practically buy the shop, when the bus stopped.

Jay
04-01-2013, 02:40 PM
I heard just before christmas about Pats passing. I was very shocked and saddened as I hadnt known she was ill.
I had the pirivelige of meeting Pat a few times and never saw her without a smile. She was a true lady.

RIP Pat. Your in good company up there xx

Big Frank
04-01-2013, 03:04 PM

Pat, although a Burnley lass, was a staunch Hibby dating back to when Jim McArthur was her hero.

Pat traveled many times with the Lancashire Hibs over the last 20 years and was an avid supporter of the Club 86, Club 2000, and contributed more in terms of the membership in recent years.

I spoke to her daughter Kathryn this morning who informed me she passed away very quickly after being diagnosed in October.

She was sent home from hospital in the first weekend of December, took the phone off the hook locked her door so that she could watch the Cup game in peace. Her family were frantic with worry, but she just wanted to watch her beloved Hibs on her own one last time.

She will be sadly missed by all Hibby's especially the Lancashire Hibs and the service stations down the M6 where she would practically buy the shop, when the bus stopped.

Wonderful.

RIP

Bostonhibby
04-01-2013, 03:17 PM

Much respect :not worth

RIP

blackpoolhibs
04-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Sorry to hear this, condolences to all her family. RIP Pat.

LancsHibs
04-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Very sad news, remember Pat fondly from the early days of the Lancashire Hibs bus trips. A very nice lady. RIP

Miguel
04-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Condolences to Pat's family.
RIP Pat.

BoltonHibee
04-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Gutted when I heard the news.

Top lady, never without a smile and had a great sense of humour.

Condolences to Pats family

RIP

monktonharp
05-01-2013, 01:26 AM
that is extremely sad, re-taking the phone off the hook yet somehow touching, to just watch the Hibees, almost for the last time. RIP Pat.