PDA

View Full Version : Motm

hibsbollah
04-01-2013, 09:54 AM
An all round battling team performance, but who was your MOTM? I thought Taiwo was good tillhe was subbed, as was McGivern and McPake but I'll give it to Hanlon by a ba'hair. He's on a great run of form just now:aok:

allezsauzee
04-01-2013, 10:01 AM
I agree that Paul was our best player last night. One of the positives last night was the spirit and determination to keep them out and Paul exemplified that.

Jones28
04-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Paul Hanlon, a really mature performance.

Col2
04-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Thought Hanlon and Clancy were on top of game and played well. Mcpake had some great challenges but also a few loose ones as well. Williams steady as a rock apart from header at end.

However has to be Mcgivern for me as MOTM. 100% committed, read the game really well, some crucial last minute challenges and only made one mistake (late challenge which got him booked).

PeeJay
04-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Opted for Clancy because of the performance he delivered in spite of the Hearts fans goading and spitting at him at every opportunity (seemed to me - on my tv screen - that he was singled out, but I may well be wrong)

Saorsa
04-01-2013, 12:11 PM
The whole back 4 did well last night, very close between Hanlon & McGivern for me who was the best of them but I think McGivern just shades it.

HibeeN
04-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Close between Hanlon, Clancy and McGivern.

Hanlon was solid, McGivern had a good game and made some important blocks (especially the Holt chance) but I thought his distribution was poor. Clancy did a bit better in that respect and did well enough defensively - was getting some bad abuse from the Hearts fans as well but managed to keep his head.

Tough call, but went for Clancy.

higgy0418
04-01-2013, 12:29 PM
i thought the whole defence played really well but gave it to hanlon. i also thought mcgiverns distribution for most of the game was appalling. soon as the ball was in his area he would launch it instead of his usual composure although i dont think the pitch helped matters

Jonnyboy
04-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Where's the McGillvray option?

Guy behind me last night kept shouting "Well played McGillvray" every time Ryan touched the ball :greengrin

KingFranck
04-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Went for Deegan because until Spoony and Lewis came on he was the only Hibs midfielder getting stuck in and he stood up to that muppet when he did McPake

Baldy Foghorn
04-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Where's the McGillvray option?

Guy behind me last night kept shouting "Well played McGillvray" every time Ryan touched the ball :greengrin

Must have been the night for it Jonnyboy, some boy in front of me, asked if the yams had made 4 substitutions.....:wink:

Jonnyboy
04-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Must have been the night for it Jonnyboy, some boy in front of me, asked if the yams had made 4 substitutions.....:wink:

:greengrin

clerriehibs
04-01-2013, 10:46 PM
I watched it on telly; can't bring myself to go to the PBS, and haven't done so for years. But on the few occasions we saw (on telly) Hibs breaking, Griffiths always seemed to be keeping 2 or 3 of them occupied. So, that's a job very well done for me. He may actually have been a lazy ****** on the night (or not), but I'm going by what I saw (on telly).

LaMotta
04-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Hanlon for me...calm assured performance.

I'd had a fair few pints by the time i got to tynie but thought both full backs distribution was woeful, and there were also a few desperate mistimed tackles from them - surprised how many people thought they were our top players.

Stevenson was excellent when he came on.