PDA

View Full Version : Seven things we learnt last night (If we didn’t know already)

spike220
04-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Seven things we learnt last night (If we didn’t know already):
Our fans are immense. I would like to see the support become the best in the SPL, we need to kick on from these great efforts.
That game was anti-football, with both teams set up not to concede easily. Still pleased I watched it though. In farness could have been 1-1.
They were petrified of Sparky, they put three players on him, we need to sign him up. If he had any kind of service he would have ripped them a new one.
Fenlon's balls were on the line and set us up to be very hard to score against rather than chase the win. Had we been set up 4-3-3 we would have ripped them apart, but PF knows how fickle large parts of our support still is and played it safe.
The team is still developing and growing.
Deegan is essential, how many times have I seen him having words with opposing players, he scares the other teams witless, and I really like that about him, didn’t do much football wise but nobody did.
Hearts are in terminal decline, their squad is only going to get weaker.
GGTTH

Jones28
04-01-2013, 08:54 AM
7 well made points :agree:

I thought out supporters were really good, I heard the hearts singing en masse once, this was before kick off.

allezsauzee
04-01-2013, 09:07 AM
I'm not sure that Paddy was allowing supporters to dictate his tactics. I think the cup game where they had a extra man in midfield was probably a more important factor. I'm not sure he would want to be outnumbered in midfield away from home. I definitely agree about the support though. The fans were excellent last night

spike220
04-01-2013, 09:13 AM
I'm not sure that Paddy was allowing supporters to dictate his tactics. I think the cup game where they had a extra man in midfield was probably a more important factor. I'm not sure he would want to be outnumbered in midfield away from home. I definitely agree about the support though. The fans were excellent last night

I think once PF really feels like he has proven himself, he will be more likely to take a punt. But I am sure that the fact it was an away game and always likely to be mayhem supports your point.

GGTTH