PDA

View Full Version : Smoke Bomb incident?

California-Hibs
04-01-2013, 02:07 AM
Just trying to get to the bottom of what happened regarding this incident. I'm hearing that a Hearts fan threw it from the Wheatfield stand over at the Hibs end and it landed at a 6 year old Hibs fans feet. I'm also hearing however that it was set off by a Hibs fan in the Hibs end.

Can anyone confirm what actually happened? :confused:

ZS DOOM
04-01-2013, 02:26 AM
Just trying to get to the bottom of what happened regarding this incident. I'm hearing that a Hearts fan threw it from the Wheatfield stand over at the Hibs end and it landed at a 6 year old Hibs fans feet. I'm also hearing however that it was set off by a Hibs fan in the Hibs end.

Can anyone confirm what actually happened? :confused:

CCTV will catch it. Waste of time discussing on here

danhibees1875
04-01-2013, 02:54 AM
CCTV will catch it. Waste of time discussing on here

Is it? I, and apparently the OP would like to know the answer.

JohnStephens91
04-01-2013, 03:12 AM
I would also like to know. If it was lit and thrown from the Wheatfield then logic dictates that there would be a smoke trail? I was sitting in section M so I didn't see any of the incident but it is better to have it clarified than to have it ignored.

Pete
04-01-2013, 03:24 AM
I would also like to know. If it was lit and thrown from the Wheatfield then logic dictates that there would be a smoke trail? I was sitting in section M so I didn't see any of the incident but it is better to have it clarified than to have it ignored.

People on this forum, the hibees bounce and kickback have said that it was thrown from the lower section of the Wheatfield stand. I'm not sure there has to be a smoke-trail as these things take a few seconds to get going. I don't know how much proof people need...but maybe some footage would be a start when it comes to catching the rat.

It's disgusting that hearts supporters are taking some sort of moral high ground tonight. Spitting is disgusting but the boy will be OK.

This could have blinded someone. It landed at the feet of a child FFS!

The two incidents don't compare and the Hearts fans attitude says everything about the arrogant ****. Any mention of the incident is greeted with total disregard and deflection.

Arrogant, aloof, deluded, bigoted and hypocritical. I really hope they die and their fans just go off to Ibrox or something.

JohnStephens91
04-01-2013, 03:31 AM
People on this forum, the hibees bounce and kickback have said that it was thrown from the lower section of the Wheatfield stand. I'm not sure there has to be a smoke-trail as these things take a few seconds to get going. I don't know how much proof people need...but maybe some footage would be a start when it comes to catching the rat.

It's disgusting that hearts supporters are taking some sort of moral high ground tonight. Spitting is disgusting but the boy will be OK.

The two incidents don't compare and the Hearts fans attitude says everything about the arrogant ****. Any mention of the incident is greeted with total disregard and deflection.

Arrogant, aloof, deluded, bigoted and hypocritical. I really hope they die and their fans just go off to Ibrox or something.

Ah okay, as I said I was at the other end of the stand so obviously I had no idea what was going on. Not read anything else regarding it and this was the first thing I seen. They are just utter **** and should be treated with as much dignity as my next dump. As I've already said, **** club and **** fans, both classless and deserve each other. The day that Hearts go bust is the day I will savour and revel in the misery of their racist, ****bag support. Hopefully the tramp that chucked it gets caught.

Ultrabee1-0
04-01-2013, 04:00 AM
I seen the hun **** throw it! Big fat guy with a grey shirt and a scarff must have been about late 20 and it landed at a little girls feet she could only have been about 5 or 6! Needs sorted! Little **** he was!

heretoday
04-01-2013, 04:51 AM
They are just a bunch of c"""". What a way to welcome your visitors.

marinello59
04-01-2013, 06:57 AM
Is this what it's all about then? Their yobs are worse than our yobs so let's find as many ways of expressing our hatred of them as possible? Sad stuff. The vast majority of the support of both Edinburgh teams are decent civilised Fitba fans who will condemn those who act like morons. We do ourselves no favours by painting it differently.

Pete
04-01-2013, 07:10 AM
Is this what it's all about then? Their yobs are worse than our yobs so let's find as many ways of expressing our hatred of them as possible? Sad stuff. The vast majority of the support of both Edinburgh teams are decent civilised Fitba fans who will condemn those who act like morons. We do ourselves no favours by painting it differently.

No, it's about balance.

You go over to their message boards and see how diplomatic they are being.

marinello59
04-01-2013, 07:25 AM
No, it's about balance.

You go over to their message boards and see how diplomatic they are being.

I really don't care what is said on other message boards.

Pete
04-01-2013, 07:44 AM
You will if this match gets remembered for one incident because they screamed loud enough about it while their indiscretions get totally overlooked because they're somehow not worthy of discussion.
For your information they are naming the guy and others who they see as condoning his actions. I think thats irresponsible considering the police are dealing with it.
They are also totally disregarding the flare incident and even accusing those who seen it as liars.
I don't know where you were standing but I was right next to this section g and they were animals. I want this investigated and if it does appear that a flare was thrown I want them absolutely hammered.
Instead, we seem to be getting wishy washy attitudes regarding this. Maybe we should show the same anger and unity that they do when one of theirs is "wronged".

Pretty Boy
04-01-2013, 08:09 AM
A minority of absolute morons always seem to turn up for derbies.

Don't understand what goes on in these idiots head. Do they think once they enter a football stadium that the law or basic human decency become null and void? Spitting on someone, throwing a coin, throwing a smoke bomb, hurling abuse into a players face from 2 feet away. It's just not acceptable, or normal, behaviour.

It's a shame because the atmosphere last night was fantastic at times but the actions of a few will mean its remembered for a ball boy being spat on and a smoke bomb being thrown.

Absolute ****ing idiots.

marinello59
04-01-2013, 08:17 AM
You will if this match gets remembered for one incident because they screamed loud enough about it while their indiscretions get totally overlooked because they're somehow not worthy of discussion.
For your information they are naming the guy and others who they see as condoning his actions. I think thats irresponsible considering the police are dealing with it.
They are also totally disregarding the flare incident and even accusing those who seen it as liars.
I don't know where you were standing but I was right next to this section g and they were animals. I want this investigated and if it does appear that a flare was thrown I want them absolutely hammered.
Instead, we seem to be getting wishy washy attitudes regarding this. Maybe we should show the same anger and unity that they do when one of theirs is "wronged".

Did I say it was not worthy of discussion? Have I said the idiots responsible should not be hammered. You really are ranting there rather than reading what I actually said. The residents of Follow Follow justify their hateful crap by saying Kerrydale Street is just as bad. It's a childish argument when the Old Firm make it, I thought we were better than that. What is said by the moronic element on Kickback does not concern me, the discussion I am taking part in is on here.

Pete
04-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Did I say it was not worthy of discussion? Have I said the idiots responsible should not be hammered. You really are ranting there rather than reading what I actually said. The residents of Follow Follow justify their hateful crap by saying Kerrydale Street is just as bad. It's a childish argument when the Old Firm make it, I thought we were better than that. What is said by the moronic element on Kickback does not concern me, the discussion I am taking part in is on here.

Fair enough. I'll admit that I am still a bit wound up.

The point about what they are saying on other message boards isn't anything to do with childish point scoring, its about wanting to get the message accross to those who have eyes on both forums about what the crowd was actually like.
It wouldn't be beyond some papers to take the easy route of grabbing the low hanging fruit while totally overlooking their behaviour.

Their morons should be punished for once.

Jack
04-01-2013, 09:22 AM
A minority of absolute morons always seem to turn up for derbies.

Don't understand what goes on in these idiots head. Do they think once they enter a football stadium that the law or basic human decency become null and void? Spitting on someone, throwing a coin, throwing a smoke bomb, hurling abuse into a players face from 2 feet away. It's just not acceptable, or normal, behaviour.

It's a shame because the atmosphere last night was fantastic at times but the actions of a few will mean its remembered for a ball boy being spat on and a smoke bomb being thrown.

Absolute ****ing idiots.

Absolutely agree. There's a time and place for everything - the 1970s I would think.

Cropley10
04-01-2013, 11:00 AM
And of course Hearts have plenty of previous for this.... off the top of my head we've had multiple occassions where fans have run on to the pitch in Derbies, both at Tynecastle and at Easter Road and of course a smoke-bomb at Easter Road, a year or two ago too. Nothing whatsoever has been done about this, as far as I know.

Of course Neil Lennon was also attacked whilst standing in the Technical area last season as well.

Much like their cousins in Glasgow, Hearts benefit from an institutional bias within the Law Enforcement community. Don't hold your breath waiting for any action on this latest incident either.

Russell The Dug
04-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Fat jakey hearts prick threw it, missed my brothers head and it was lucky enough not to kill the wee lassie. That's not even going over the top.

Police will have seen it as will have the stewards if the police would like me to point out the dick in an identity parade then contact me.

Far too over the top. Was in relatiation to the ball boy/girl.

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Fat jakey hearts prick threw it, missed my brothers head and it was lucky enough not to kill the wee lassie. That's not even going over the top.

Police will have seen it as will have the stewards if the police would like me to point out the dick in an identity parade then contact me.

Are you Cracker in disguise? :greengrin

Seriously, though, I would suggest you contact the police rather than rely on them contacting you through a website that they're not likely to read very closely...........

McIntosh
04-01-2013, 11:09 AM
And of course Hearts have plenty of previous for this.... off the top of my head we've had multiple occassions where fans have run on to the pitch in Derbies, both at Tynecastle and at Easter Road and of course a smoke-bomb at Easter Road, a year or two ago too. Nothing whatsoever has been done about this, as far as I know.

Of course Neil Lennon was also attacked whilst standing in the Technical area last season as well.

Much like their cousins in Glasgow, Hearts benefit from an institutional bias within the Law Enforcement community. Don't hold your breath waiting for any action on this latest incident either.

Agree - to me the worst incidents was when one of their fans ran on the pitch and spat and punched on Jackie Mac - they have a longside their Glasgow cousins some of the worst apologies of humanity supporting them.

hibsbollah
04-01-2013, 11:12 AM

Theres been smoke bombs launched at us from them in every recent derby I can remember, both home and away.

marinello59
04-01-2013, 11:16 AM

You should contact the police and offer to help. I take it you already have.

Russell The Dug
04-01-2013, 11:19 AM
You should contact the police and offer to help. I take it you already have.

Thinking about it more it was a wee boy and girl. His/her dad done well to kick it before it properly let off.

I did last night mate as did the man but police weren't interested. When I get out of bed ill phone them though.

Far too far for a football match. Hearts *******s.

LancashireHibby
04-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Such a shame that, 'hello hello' aside, 2 idiots on either side are hogging all of the attention from what I'm sure the police would consider a relatively quiet night.

If anyone has a positive description of the fud responsible then I'd suggest contacting the police and hopefully they can get enough evidence from CCTV to track down those responsible.

JohnScott
04-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Are you Cracker in disguise? :greengrin

Seriously, though, I would suggest you contact the police rather than rely on them contacting you through a website that they're not likely to read very closely...........

Im sorry but some of you are making no sense.

1) There is no justification for spitting at a ball boy
None whatsover. Must take a big man to do that.

2) The moron didnt throw the canister because someone spat at the boy.
He threw it regardless. He didnt stick it in his pocket thinking I might need this tonight incase someone in the Hibs end offends me.

3) If you saw who threw it get off yer erse and phone the polis!!!!

Russell The Dug
04-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Such a shame that, 'hello hello' aside, 2 idiots on either side are hogging all of the attention from what I'm sure the police would consider a relatively quiet night.

If anyone has a positive description of the fud responsible then I'd suggest contacting the police and hopefully they can get enough evidence from CCTV to track down those responsible.

It will be done mate.

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2013, 11:29 AM

He threw it regardless. He didnt stick it in his pocket thinking I might need this tonight incase someone in the Hibs end offends me.

Why are you quoting me?

Russell The Dug
04-01-2013, 11:51 AM

There's not. **** who does that to a kid.

Perhaps it was to be let off when hearts scored then the boy realised how ***** they where got angry when seen the boy getting spat on and threw it at us.

I will do but who are you to act the big shot and tell others what to do and what they are saying isn't true? The smoke bomb came right after the ball boy incident. The news today ignores that when only reporting the hibs incident. They will get a call after the police do if that's alright?

MB62
04-01-2013, 12:23 PM
It will be done mate.

0131 311 3131

just in case you were looking for the number :wink: :greengrin

Hibercelona
04-01-2013, 12:37 PM
I was standing just a couple of rows above from where it landed. Could have been dangerous if it had hit somebody, there were sparks flying out it.

To be fair though, there were idiots throwing things back and forth between the Roseburn and the main stand.

silverhibee
04-01-2013, 04:07 PM
0131 311 3131

just in case you were looking for the number :wink: :greengrin

Monts
04-01-2013, 04:16 PM

Im pretty sure this doesnt qualify as an emergency

adhibs
04-01-2013, 05:28 PM
have hearts named and shamed who threw it? theve been keen for the spitter to be named. Id guess not

Pedantic_Hibee
04-01-2013, 05:52 PM

I'm pretty sure I got a warning for calling you a helmet about a year ago. So this time, I'm not going to call you a helmet.

I really want to though.

04-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Smoke bombs, sectarian bigotry, homophobic chants etc. - just typical mini huns really.

Low lifes the lot of them. Heart of Midlothian - the club with no shame!

clerriehibs
04-01-2013, 07:30 PM

That was a very vocal tiny minority belting out "fenian blood" then ...

leggeto
04-01-2013, 07:47 PM

yes this is serious,would not be happy if it landed at my sons feet,spitting is pety not hard and very degrading but throwing a smoke is dangerous those things dont work all the time and ocasionaly catch fire:flag:

Baldy Foghorn
04-01-2013, 08:53 PM
I really don't care what is said on other message boards.

Exactly, never understood anyone reading rival sites, then getting upset about the contents.....

They don't like us, we don't like them, pretty simplistic, and I know that without reading their messageboards.....

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Exactly, never understood anyone reading rival sites, then getting upset about the contents.....

They don't like us, we don't like them, pretty simplistic, and I know that without reading their messageboards.....

By the sound of things there are some right trumpets on Keekback, but, dinnae see the point of Hibbies spending time on there then taking offence at what they read.

Baldy Foghorn
04-01-2013, 09:27 PM
By the sound of things there are some right trumpets on Keekback, but, dinnae see the point of Hibbies spending time on there then taking offence at what they read.

We both know most of their fans are absolute wallopers, and don't need that confirmed via sickback......

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Very true!

edinburghhibee
05-01-2013, 01:44 AM
Tin hat on here but, we can't take the high ground on this smoke bomb issue didn't we set them off at Ayr last season, Motherwell in felons first game and I may be wrong but at a derby at Easter road were some idiot from our crowd threw a smoke bomb only for it to hit a pillar and bounce back into the stand???

Every support has its tools we have them too as shown by the ****my prat who spat on that young laddie!

Lets get our own house in order before slagging others

Fife-Hibee
05-01-2013, 11:18 AM
I take it you werent sitting next to where it landed ! We were right behind it ! It just about hit a bairn FFS ! Hope they catch the bassa !!

clerriehibs
05-01-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm pretty sure I got a warning for calling you a helmet about a year ago. So this time, I'm not going to call you a helmet.

I really want to though.

No idea what you find wrong with that guy's post.

hibbybob
05-01-2013, 03:45 PM
A few people had heated discussions with the police after the smoke bomb was thrown but they (the police) didn't seem that interested. However, about 5 minutes afterwards they took time to listen to somebody who seemed to point the culprit out. The guy looked suspiciously like plain clothed police which may be why he got their attention whilst others failed?

Hopefully that was the case and CCTV will help identify the ****bag.

Dr Jimmy
05-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Tin hat on here but, we can't take the high ground on this smoke bomb issue didn't we set them off at Ayr last season, Motherwell in felons first game and I may be wrong but at a derby at Easter road were some idiot from our crowd threw a smoke bomb only for it to hit a pillar and bounce back into the stand???

Every support has its tools we have them too as shown by the ****my prat who spat on that young laddie!

Lets get our own house in order before slagging others

If you're going to spout this moral high ground pish..at least get your facts right ffs.

GreenCastle
06-01-2013, 12:15 AM
Tynecastle has security cameras in the stands so surely it would have been captured ?

Has anyone followed this up or complained to the police / tynecastle / SFA Compliance officer who as this would then investigate / highlight it.

There have been cases recently where smoke bombs used by the Green Brigade got them in serious trouble.

Would you want your child going to a game and getting a smoke bomb thrown at them ? The yams have history with these and although Hibs fans have used them also - I can't ever remember one being thrown into a visiting stand.

leggeto
06-01-2013, 04:38 PM
years ago when garryo scored in the last min of the we only need 10 men game, my mate got hit between the eyes with a 50p coin left a nice clean gash,an inch either way and there goes one of your yaks,in the main stand near the away end where loads of kids were sitting, one persons actions out of thousands and the club gets punished:flag: