PDA

View Full Version : Winter break

Diclonius
03-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Now that the SPL's gone on hiatus for a wee while, what would you like to see Hibs do regarding signings?

What will our starting eleven be against Dundee? :hmmm:

AFKA5814_Hibs
03-01-2013, 11:29 PM
It won't include Cairney who's suspended. Ironic we're going on a winter break during a period of weather that's mild and dry. Probably come out of the winter break to ice and snow, waste of time IMO.

Scottie
03-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Ronaldo & Messi for starters would do me !!

NOT too much to ask for from the tache to get the cheque book oot :aok:

Westie1875
03-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Griffiths, McGivern & Claros deals extended or signed up permanently, Kuqi binned and another striker signed and a creative midfielder in.

Sir David Gray
04-01-2013, 12:01 AM
It won't include Cairney who's suspended. Ironic we're going on a winter break during a period of weather that's mild and dry. Probably come out of the winter break to ice and snow, waste of time IMO.

:agree: Trying to predict weather in Scotland is almost impossible. We're getting weather just now that wouldn't look too out of place in March or April and yet we're having a winter shutdown when we could be playing football. As you say, when we come back from the break in a couple of weeks, we could be looking at Siberian temperatures and 3 feet of snow for the next month.

Rightly or wrongly, we have chosen to play our football season from August-May and we should just stick to that. If we want to think on alternatives then fair enough but a shut down for a fortnight is just pointless.

Just_Jimmy
04-01-2013, 12:04 AM
It suits me. Couple of weeks rest on the bank balance after a busy christmas and new year.

AFKA5814_Hibs
04-01-2013, 12:33 AM
:agree: Trying to predict weather in Scotland is almost impossible. We're getting weather just now that wouldn't look too out of place in March or April and yet we're having a winter shutdown when we could be playing football. As you say, when we come back from the break in a couple of weeks, we could be looking at Siberian temperatures and 3 feet of snow for the next month.

Rightly or wrongly, we have chosen to play our football season from August-May and we should just stick to that. If we want to think on alternatives then fair enough but a shut down for a fortnight is just pointless.

We have midweek games at the end of both January and February yet have two free weekends coming up. Daft if you ask me.

number9dream
04-01-2013, 09:24 AM
January targets much discussed elsewhere and it all depends on what happens to the three amigos on loan.
Retain them and I don't see much else happening.
Pat says he has replacement targets in mind (more loans?), so that business needs to be sorted out pronto.

I'd be very disappointed if we don't make Aaron Doran a pre-contract offer. Very tidy player who links midfield to attack. He's young which should appeal to Rod for potential sell-on value and he's Irish which should appeal to Pat :-)
If Claros is going, now or in the summer, then Fouad Bachirou at Morton - the Patrick Viera of Division One - might be worth a punt.
We can surely offer Liam Kelly a bigger wage than Killie but others who can pay more than us are likely to be after him in the summer...