PDA

View Full Version : Claros...

matty_f
03-01-2013, 11:41 PM
Not usually one for picking a player out for criticism after a game, but what is it with Claros that he doesn't turn up for derbies? He's been one of the highlights of the season for me, but he's not kicked a ball in a derby yet. He and Taiwo were anonymous tonight, the complete opposite of how they played against Celtc.

lucky
03-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Because we never passed the ball out from the back. The ball spent far to much time in the air. I thought Cairney and Deggan were just as bad.

SlickShoes
04-01-2013, 12:52 AM
When he did get the ball he got closed down very quick, all other times we were hoofing it away back to hearts possession, any game where he gets a wee bit room to play he is great but if the opposition dominate the midfield or flood it with 5 and close him down quick then we are reduced to hoofball.

Pete
04-01-2013, 12:55 AM
Because we never passed the ball out from the back. The ball spent far to much time in the air. I thought Cairney and Deggan were just as bad.

:agree: The ball was getting booted over their heads all the time.

Claros, like most of the team looked slow. On the other hand they looked fresh but were just pish. Maybe that rest done them good after all?

Sir David Gray
04-01-2013, 01:27 AM
I think Claros wants too much time on the ball in derbies. He is never going to get long to pick a pass from the middle of the field, particularly at Tynecastle. He was guilty of the same last year and he needs to try and adapt his game for these matches.

Broken Gnome
04-01-2013, 01:31 AM
I think Claros wants too much time on the ball in derbies. He is never going to get long to pick a pass from the middle of the field, particularly at Tynecastle. He was guilty of the same last year and he needs to try and adapt his game for these matches.

Don't think anyone in midfield was helped by the shape, when pressing or looking to pass. Two wide players didn't offer anything, never an outlet to the midfield or defence, and never any help to Griffiths up front. We just didn't get it right; was exactly the formation I would've played as we would have struggled with two up top, but Hearts were just so much sharper with their system.

Liberal Hibby
04-01-2013, 01:58 AM

Last season possibly - but he was pretty much first to the breakdown tonight. There's a lot of talk about how hearts got the ball wide and how threatening that was. Fenlon clearly set us up more narrowly in defence than Hearts in attack (he tried it in the cup final too) - he knew they were going to throw crosses and corners in all night. But he set up our defence to repel all attacks. he midfield wasn't set up to create, but destroy and Doyle and Griffiths as a result were always living off scraps. Apart from the 15 mins after half time I thought we looked like we were never going to concede.

Let's also remember Barr and Stevenson probably spend more on ***** tatoos than our back five get paid altogether...

Bishop Hibee
04-01-2013, 02:33 AM
Let Claros go. We have cover in Deegan, who I thought played ok, Taiwo and Stevenson who did ok when he came on. Use any money saved to strengthen the team or help sign McGivern and/or Griffiths up.

Bristolhibby
04-01-2013, 08:01 AM
let's also remember barr and stevenson probably spend more on ***** tatoos than our back five get paid altogether...

lol!