PDA

View Full Version : That was the Yams' chance to give something back to the fans..

matty_f
03-01-2013, 10:20 PM
and that was the best they could do :tee hee:

£1m raised in face painting and bake sales, kids giving up Christmas :faf:, and worthless shares bought. McGlynn would have sent the players out with the big message "Give them something back, we got papped out the cup so let's do everything we can to make it up to them. It's a full house, go and show how much that meant to you..."

Roond ye, ya trumpets! We had the night off and you were at your best, and you could still be playing now and not have scored. That's before you lose your better players.

SneakersO'Toole
04-01-2013, 06:46 AM
They will only get worse. Gordon Smith will be their prize striker for years to come.

Hibs will continue to improve under Fenlon.

I'm already looking forward to the next derby, probably the last of the season as they will finish bottom six. We'll give them a hammering.

Ultrabee1-0
04-01-2013, 06:54 AM
and that was the best they could do :tee hee:

£1m raised in face painting and bake sales, kids giving up Christmas :faf:, and worthless shares bought. McGlynn would have sent the players out with the big message "Give them something back, we got papped out the cup so let's do everything we can to make it up to them. It's a full house, go and show how much that meant to you..."

Roond ye, ya trumpets! We had the night off and you were at your best, and you could still be playing now and not have scored. That's before you lose your better players.

****ing brilliant!:top marks

lapsedhibee
04-01-2013, 10:02 AM
They will only get worse. Gordon Smith will be their prize striker for years to come.

Hibs will continue to improve under Fenlon.

I'm already looking forward to the next derby, probably the last of the season as they will finish bottom six. We'll give them a hammering.

They'll have to get a lot worse for us to give them a hammering, as they completely outplayed us from start to finish last night. :boo hoo:

Danderhall Hibs
04-01-2013, 12:03 PM
They'll have to get a lot worse for us to give them a hammering, as they completely outplayed us from start to finish last night. :boo hoo:

No they never. It was a rubbish game with 2 rubbish teams. Noone played well. Noone outplayed anyone.

Hibercelona
04-01-2013, 12:08 PM

No they never.

They made it very difficult for us to play last night and closed us down well.

But outplayed? Hardly.

They had 1 plan last night and that was to stop us from playing.

Pretty Boy
04-01-2013, 12:09 PM
I'm still waiting on the party.

One crappy banner that was painted by a five year old, out for about 2 seconds and then hidden away to chants of 'what the ****ing hell is that?', no sign of that oh so clever Latin flag they were all creaming themselves about and that was our lot.

That about sums Hearts up, no imagination.

Hibercelona
04-01-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm still waiting on the party.

One crappy banner that was painted by a five year old, out for about 2 seconds and then hidden away to chants of 'what the ****ing hell is that?', no sign of that oh so clever Latin flag they were all creaming themselves about and that was our lot.

That about sums Hearts up, no imagination.

To be fair, they managed to sing "Billy Boys" in sync pretty well, which was quite impressive....

Pretty Boy
04-01-2013, 12:15 PM
To be fair, they managed to sing "Billy Boys" in sync pretty well, which was quite impressive....

Indeed.

They obviously have a fair understanding of irony as well because about 10 seconds after belting out they were 'up to their knees in fenian blood' they accused us of being Celtic in disguise.

Hibercelona
04-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Indeed.

They obviously have a fair understanding of irony as well because about 10 seconds after belting out they were 'up to their knees in fenian blood' they accused us of being Celtic in disguise.

Irony is something they'll never grasp. Even on the other side.

lapsedhibee
04-01-2013, 12:19 PM
No they never.

They made it very difficult for us to play last night and closed us down well.

But outplayed? Hardly.

They had 1 plan last night and that was to stop us from playing.

Don't believe everything I read on the BBC site, but the stats there show:
Yams possession 68%, Us 32%. Corners 13-1.
Wouldn't surprise me if that was accurate on this occasion.

They were not great but we were rank going forward, and if Sutton's late header had gone in it wouldn't have been any injustice at all.

heretoday
04-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Actually, I thought they should have won the match. They had power in the wide areas but couldn't come good in the striking area.

In other words they were *****.

Hibercelona
04-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Don't believe everything I read on the BBC site, but the stats there show:
Yams possession 68%, Us 32%. Corners 13-1.
Wouldn't surprise me if that was accurate on this occasion.

They were not great but we were rank going forward, and if Sutton's late header had gone in it wouldn't have been any injustice at all.

1 way to stop teams from playing is to hold on to the ball. Which is what they did.

The reason Hearts have so many corners is because they play to win set pieces. Whether its hitting the ball of an opposition player for a corner, or diving for a freekick.

The chance you mentioned came from a corner which is no surprise, because their best chance of getting goals against opposition teams are from set pieces.

But if you look at the game as a whole, both teams had the opportunities to win the game.

lapsedhibee
04-01-2013, 12:33 PM
1 way to stop teams from playing is to hold on to the ball. Which is what they did.

The reason Hearts have so many corners is because they play to win set pieces. Whether its hitting the ball of an opposition player for a corner, or diving for a freekick.

That's some seriously green glasses you've got on.

The ease with which they held on to the ball indicates to me that they played better than us. They frequently passed in triangles and ran rings round our midfield. Not sure that we strung three passes together the whole game.

And the reason they had thirteen corners to our one is not that they kicked the ball off our legs but that for most of the game they were attacking and we were defending.

No yam that I can remember dived to win a free kick last night.

Hibercelona
04-01-2013, 12:39 PM

The ease with which they held on to the ball indicates to me that they played better than us. They frequently passed in triangles and ran rings round our midfield. Not sure that we strung three passes together the whole game.

And the reason they had thirteen corners to our one is not that they kicked the ball off our legs but that for most of the game they were attacking and we were defending.

Both teams mustered a whopping 2 shots on target. Neither team "dominated" the game.

And I disagree, Taouil was up to his usual antics as per.

MSK
04-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Both teams mustered a whopping 2 shots on target. Neither team "dominated" the game.

And I disagree, Taouil was up to his usual antics as per.:agree: sneaky, snidey little ****er ..an ideal replacement for Black ..

Teo10
04-01-2013, 12:42 PM

And I disagree, Taouil was up to his usual antics as per.

In line with what I said before the game, he is a wee p*rick and should have had Deegs go through him in the first 5 minutes (fairly mind) just to let him know his wee antics wont be happening!

Hibs07p
04-01-2013, 12:49 PM

:agree:

They dominated possession but only created the same amount of chances as us. They looked better than us, because they harassed us from first minute to last, and we couldn't keep the ball, giving them all the impetus. But you know what, I don't care a toss, because the amount of times I've seen Hibs dominate Hearts but fail to win, is countless. The only positive from this is McGlyn doesn't know how to beat Hibs, and PF set out his stall not to be beaten. Mission accomplished, not nice to watch, but after all the Hearts talk about overtaking us in the league after this game, it's great to be still 6 points in front of them, and a point closer to 2nd place.

GGTTH

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm delighted that we played really badly and they played about as well as they could, but still couldn't beat us at home. We showed real resolve, but I don't agree that it was a great defensive performance - how could it be against such a punchless attack?

PF's tactics, after the trauma of May, seem to be not to lose to Hearts. He's trying to instil the mentality - quite successfully now, as we're unbeaten in three - that we don't get defeated by them. This, to my mind, is flawed Jambothink, as a poor side were given way too much respect rather than poised genuine problems I doubt they could have dealt with. Four out of five times that sort of performance would have resulted in a 0-1 loss rather than a draw. So PF rode his luck.

I think we'll come out on top in games against them in the future (assuming these happen, given Hearts perilous status) but anybody craving a Hibs-style 7-0 or 6-2 will have to cool their jets. Far more likely we go on a Jamboesque 22 games run, where a series of mind numbing draws are punctuated by the odd 1-0 ugly win.

I don't how I feel about that. One of the things I live for is the possibility of really taking those muppets apart.

basehibby
04-01-2013, 03:09 PM
There's no doubt that the Yams dominated possession last night - but they couldn't score in a brothel and have therefore failed miserably in achieving McGlynn's stated aim of overtaking us Hibees before the winter break.

Although I would have sincerely loved Hibs to tear them a new one, I can still take great satisfaction from the Yam muppets' disappointment at once again failing to beat us. I've lost count of the amount of times I've had the displeasure of witnessing the Yams wildly celebrating a scabby barely deserved point or win at Easter Road over the years - so listening to these welts complaining about how unlucky they supposedly were gives a special kind of pleasure all of it's own :thumbsup:

Famous Fiver
04-01-2013, 03:53 PM
What pleases me is that by my rough reckoning they have OVERSPENT by £66 million ( or more) since Romanov came in and they have failed to beat us after three attempts this season!!!

Laughing stock or what???

Tick Tock.