PDA

View Full Version : Character

GreenOnions
03-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Maybe an old fashioned word in football but I thought we showed a lot of that today.

Agree that we have a lot to do to get to where we want to be but I think Pat is building the right foundations.

Hearts are not a great side but their motivation at the moment will be even higher than usual given their circumstances and they were at home against us.

I thought we defended well as a team and, although Hearts had most of the possession, generally speaking it was not quality possession and I didn't ever really feel that dread when you just know a goal is coming for the opposition.

Well done lads!

NAE NOOKIE
03-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Maybe an old fashioned word in football but I thought we showed a lot of that today.

Agree that we have a lot to do to get to where we want to be but I think Pat is building the right foundations.

Hearts are not a great side but their motivation at the moment will be even higher than usual given their circumstances and they were at home against us.

I thought we defended well as a team and, although Hearts had most of the possession, generally speaking it was not quality possession and I didn't ever really feel that dread when you just know a goal is coming for the opposition.

Well done lads!

Sorry mate .... I dont want to diss your post, but I thought Hibs were frankly a let down tonight. My impression from what Hibs were saying at the start of the season was that we were going to go out there and take the Yams on ... from what I saw tonight we looked like we went out thinking the Yams were better than us and that we were afraid to try and play them head to head.

That is not what I wanted to see when Hibs were talking about bottle at the start of the season.

hibsbollah
03-01-2013, 10:43 PM

Well done lads!

Agreed. There was a lot of moaning around me and on the way home about lack of adventure. Personally I thought we were tremendous in terms of work rate and defensive work, and if our creativity was lacking, that's something hopefully we'll address the final piece in the Fenlon jigsaw, signing an attacking central midfielder to get us off our seats.

In the meantime, we're doing fine.:flag:And we outsung them throughout. Crap game, but I enjoyed it.

NAE NOOKIE
03-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Agreed. There was a lot of moaning around me and on the way home about lack of adventure. Personally I thought we were tremendous in terms of work rate and defensive work, and if our creativity was lacking, that's something hopefully we'll address the final piece in the Fenlon jigsaw, signing an attacking central midfielder to get us off our seats.

In the meantime, we're doing fine.:flag:And we outsung them throughout. Crap game, but I enjoyed it.

Sorry mate .... see my reply to Greenonions. That wasnt Barcelona we were playing .. it was the Yams minus two of their current best players ... McGowan and Webster .... frankly I thought we gave them far too much ( undeserved ) respect and as a result allowed them to boss the game. Surely we are better than that !!!

Kaff
03-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Sorry mate .... see my reply to Greenonions. That wasnt Barcelona we were playing .. it was the Yams minus two of their current best players ... McGowan and Webster .... frankly I thought we gave them far too much ( undeserved ) respect and as a result allowed them to boss the game. Surely we are better than that !!!

I agree with GreenOnions. Rome wasn't built in a day etc. After last season I truly didn't care how we played this season as long as every player gave 100%. The fact we are in the top four after some great victories doesn't change my view, we're a short way into a long trek back and 3 games unbeaten in the derby is a big part of that