PDA

View Full Version : A bit lucky, but can't complain!

Hibs90
03-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Horrible game of football really. Hearts were the better team but only because we sat back and let them. We set out not to lose so can't complain. Had a great couple of chances with Doyle who was just was having an off day on the finishing front. Would have like to have seen us a have a better go of it but they probably would have caught us on the counter.

Onwards and upwards.

Devilstorment
03-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Horrible game, but i think given our recent form (celtic game aside) and how many we have conceded recently we should be happy to come away with a draw and a clean sheet

SkintHibby
03-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Sorry guys but that was utter rubbish.

Sad days (as usual) when we look upon a dire derby draw as some kind of victory.

Saorsa
03-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Horrible game of football really. Hearts were the better team but only because we sat back and let them. We set out not to lose so can't complain. Had a great couple of chances with Doyle who was just was having an off day on the finishing front. Would have like to have seen us a have a better go of it but they probably would have caught us on the counter.

Onwards and upwards.There wouldnae be much on here if you couldnae dae that.

Andy74
03-01-2013, 09:52 PM

Sad days (as usual) when we look upon a dire derby draw as some kind of victory.

Hearts have been doing that for years.

We fought and we defended which is a step up from usual Performances there.

Hibs90
03-01-2013, 09:54 PM

Not looking at it as some kind of victory, but a hard fought point.

Saorsa
03-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Not looking at it as some kind of victory, but a hard fought point.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2013, 09:56 PM

2 clean sheets from the last 2 games, we'd have lost both in recent years. As i keep saying rome was not built in a day, and while we are not playing like the tornadoes, we are getting better and harder to beat.

It will come, believe me it will come, i can feel it in my water. :pfgwa

Benny Brazil
03-01-2013, 09:57 PM
We were poor - made them look the better side, why oh why do we always get dragged down to their level in these games - constant punts up the park, the few times we played on the deck we carved them open

col02
03-01-2013, 09:58 PM
The Hibs defence dug in tonight how about a wee bit credit for them? Hearts even with their superior possession and corners could not breach our defence! Not a game for the purists but I'm happy with the commitment shown and subsequent point.

dp00
03-01-2013, 09:58 PM
We asked for improvement on last year and that's what we are getting

SaulGoodman
03-01-2013, 09:59 PM

I don't see anyone celebrating?

People are taking it as a draw, a draw we wouldn't have been getting before.

big-mo
03-01-2013, 09:59 PM
As pie and bovril said on twitter, it was not a totally wasted night, at least I now know where to get my roof fixed. Thanks Leigh.

Devilstorment
03-01-2013, 10:00 PM
agree im not saying that we should be out with the open top bus for drawing. however when you look at the facts prior to tonight:

2 wins, 1 draw and 5 loses in the last 8 league games
12 conceded goals in the last 8 games
a total capitulation agains motherwell

all in all, a clean sheet and a draw away from home is an ok result.

inglisavhibs
03-01-2013, 10:01 PM

Onwards and upwards.

A decent goalie a good back four and great fans. The rest was dreadful. Stevenson did quite well in the short time he was on.

greenlex
03-01-2013, 10:09 PM

I will say no more a bout this game. This Post Andy is absolutely spot on. We defended Brilliantly today but were poor going forward second half. Hearts are on the slide and that's a fact. A battling point at Tynecastle is even more progress for Pat Fenlons Hibs side. The Hibs of the last two or three years would have collapsed. Bring on the next one.

inglisavhibs
03-01-2013, 10:15 PM

Onwards and upwards.

A decent goalie a good back four and great fans. The rest was dreadful. Stevenson did quite well in the short time he was on.

#FromTheCapital
03-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Got to say I'm delighted with the draw, how many times have we played that poorly at tynecastle and got away with something? Terrible performance but that's just the way we're playing just now.

In footballing terms hearts deserved a win tonight but in reality they deserve nothing other than a slow painful death

Mikey
03-01-2013, 10:35 PM
It was the perfect game going into the break.

Some folk will take positives from the clean sheet and not losing.

Some folk will take negatives from the inability of the midfield to hold onto the ball. And they'll tell us about it over and over and over and over again :greengrin

down-the-slope
03-01-2013, 10:36 PM
weirdly its one of those games that the highlights will make look far better and more exciting than it was...watch and see :greengrin...just starting on beeb 1

Long Time Hibee
03-01-2013, 11:06 PM

I'm sure everyone will agree that it was a pretty poor performance (ball in the air too much) but a point is a point and
we are now grinding out results in games that we would have definately lost the last few seasons so its progress
:flag:

lucky
03-01-2013, 11:13 PM
We were terrible going forward and solid at the back. It always point a decent at the PBS. The tide is turning our way 3 games undefeated this season against them

Pretty Boy
03-01-2013, 11:16 PM
We battled but looked tired after the exertions of Saturday.

Think we need the break to be honest.

Unbeaten in 3 against them this season and a workmanlike if unremarkable performance.

Criswell
03-01-2013, 11:37 PM
[QUOTE=Pretty Boy;3463529]
Happy with the point. Solid defensive performance. Not enough coming from the midfield. No real presence. no creativity. We really have to address this in transfer window.