PDA

View Full Version : Never Mind the Bravado

Scouse Hibee
03-01-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm reading that we're gonna do this and that, pump them tonight etc. Really?

Given our (cup game excepted) usual lack of appearance/fight/bottle against them what's the realistic result you think will happen.

If we manage to come away from Tynecastle with a draw will you be happy? Realistically I think I will!

Mr White
03-01-2013, 02:11 PM
2 good Derby performances in a row, beaten the champions on Saturday, full squad to pick from, no need to fear them imo. Also no grounds for over-confidence either though.

fat freddy
03-01-2013, 02:14 PM
i'd take the draw....our result and performance over celtic has led to an over confidence within the support that i hope isn't reflected within the dressing room...our performances against motherwell and ross county could be repeated if the team dont go into this match in the correct frame of mind....hearts have a good home record this season and this will be a real tough match.

MB62
03-01-2013, 02:16 PM

Given our (cup game excepted) usual lack of appearance/fight/bottle against them what's the realistic result you think will happen.

If we manage to come away from Tynecastle with a draw will you be happy? Realistically I think I will!

Cannae say I have been reading such things, might be reading different threads from yourself of course. Never confident going in to derby games, or ANY games for that matter, been supporting Hibs for too long now to fall in that trap.
Wouldn't be happy with a draw tonight, but then won't be unhappy either.

wearethehibs
03-01-2013, 02:21 PM
I think it will be 0-0. Im not confident, but after that day in May Im now no longer nervous before a derby. You now know exactly what you're going to get. 5-1 this and 1902 that.

If they win they win. If we win they'll be more gutted than we would be.

Mark79
03-01-2013, 02:27 PM
2-2 is mine.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-01-2013, 02:42 PM
A draw is never a bad result in derby games. What always strikes me as funny though, is when someone posts a comment along the lines of mocking them for bigging themself up on sickbag about what they are going to do to us, and how that makes them a set of phannies........and then we do the same.:confused:

Sir David Gray
03-01-2013, 02:44 PM
I think it will be 0-0. Im not confident, but after that day in May Im now no longer nervous before a derby. You now know exactly what you're going to get. 5-1 this and 1902 that.

The bit in bold is pretty much how I feel now too.

After the cup final, I know that there's nothing that could ever happen in a derby that would make me feel worse than how I felt that day. We hit rock bottom that day against them and they can never outdo that.

The pressure's off in a sense because as a club we've already experienced the lowest possible low.

I believe that we will win tonight, I'm going for 3-1 Hibs.

If we get a draw then fair enough but I would never settle for a draw beforehand against them. Never in a million years.

Magnifique
03-01-2013, 02:47 PM

Bollox to all that

We have better players, IF we play as we can (and unlike some are paid to do so) we will beat them

Unless of course this curse of our players not being motivated continues

Get into them Hibs and show them no respect whatsoever

iwasthere1972
03-01-2013, 02:48 PM

:agree: I've got Yam relations and I've been fairly quiet. No wild 7-0 or 3-0 predictions from me. Optimistic but cautious approach.

Golden Bear
03-01-2013, 02:48 PM
I'd take a draw right now.

Obviously a victory would be better but at least the draw would mean that we can maintain the bragging rights for this season.

Hainan Hibs
03-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Would take a draw as well given our record, but I'm hoping to see some fight and passion out on the pitch. The true test of the character we have seen in the team this season will be playing in front of the hordes at Tynie.

monktonharp
03-01-2013, 02:56 PM
i'd take the draw....our result and performance over celtic has led to an over confidence within the support that i hope isn't reflected within the dressing room...our performances against motherwell and ross county could be repeated if the team dont go into this match in the correct frame of mind....hearts have a good home record this season and this will be a real tough match. I'd probably settle for the draw, although I have a feeling that we will win, more than I usually feel about this fixture these days. when they went on a run of 22 games against us, it was not always a win for them, plenty draws, and some games we just did not get a break when we should have won!

allezsauzee
03-01-2013, 02:58 PM
I'll be disappointed if we only beat them by 1 or 2 never mind drawing with them

Makaveli
03-01-2013, 03:00 PM
They're still celebrating their home draw on the 30th anniversary of 0-7... f*** giving them another one on the 40th.

Don't just play to win, Hibs, fight to kill.

iwasthere1972
03-01-2013, 03:03 PM
I'll be disappointed if we only beat them by 1 or 2 never mind drawing with them

Come on now.....get real.

calumhibee1
03-01-2013, 03:04 PM
I'd take a draw but I wouldn't be over the moon with it. We have the team to beat them, especially if Webster and McGowan are both out. So I'm hoping for all 3 points, and think were more than capable of getting them, but they're lucky *******s in derby games so would take a draw if offered it just now.

allezsauzee
03-01-2013, 03:05 PM
I hope this 'settle for a draw' mentality doesn't extend to the players.

PeeJay
03-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Basically depends which Hibs team turns up this evening, if Fenlon gets them properly motivated we can win and take 3 points, stuff a draw!

Hearts are not our problem: WE are our problem - time to get that sorted and put this nonsense of losing to Hearts to bed.

It's a new year, it's going to be a good year, for us: let's really ruin their's this evening already! Bragging rights for ER methinks/mehopes....:flag:

lord bunberry
03-01-2013, 03:10 PM
We should be confident they are not a great team and we have already beat them this season. We have nothing to fear its all about what we do

iwasthere1972
03-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Basically depends which Hibs team turns up this evening, if Fenlon gets them properly motivated we can win and take 3 points, stuff a draw!

Hearts are not our problem: WE are our problem - time to get that sorted and put this nonsense of losing to Hearts to bed.

It's a new year, it's going to be a good year, for us: let's really ruin their's this evening already! Bragging rights for ER methinks/mehopes....:flag:

100% agree. We need to stand up and be counted and not be bullied by those thugs. We've got the players and a have found a backbone at last so we should stand a good chance of getting a good result. 1-0 would do it for me. It's still 3 points.

wearethehibs
03-01-2013, 03:17 PM
I hope this 'settle for a draw' mentality doesn't extend to the players.

I think the reason some would settle for a draw is down to the Hibs players. We can go from getting beat by County to drawing with Killie to then beating Celtic. We are an inconsistent team

Hibrandenburg
03-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Straying a little from my betting system, but got a few bob on a Hibs win today. 20+13 +7=40 the omens are good.

nelson10.
03-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Hibs are unbeaten in the 12 Edinburgh derbies which have been played on a Thursday (W7 D5). According to @TheLondonHearts (https://twitter.com/TheLondonHearts). :wink:

Franck Stanton
03-01-2013, 03:49 PM

Correct, for too many years we have been beaten even before we took to the pitch. Seemed to have the mentality "Oh it's hearts we are playing, so we will get beat", however................after 1st derby at E/R [1-1 draw], and the comments from our captain, felt the attitude had changed dramatically in our favour [not before time imo], and this appeared to be confirmed in the recent cup win. Not the performance as such, but the result, we have in the past played a lot better than that day and lost. Think the boys will be well up for tonights game and if so, we will win , as we definately have the better players and, dare I say it - manager. Good luck tonight lads, play your game and bring 3 points back to Easter Road, you know it makes sence.

:pfgwa :hibees:pfgwa:hibees

The Voice Of Reason
03-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Dundee utd 3-0 Hibs
Dundee 3-0 Hibs
ICT 3-0 Hibs
Ross co 3-2 Hibs

Yes we won at Motherwell and drew at Celtic, but given the inconsistency of our away performances I would take a draw right now !

Hibs Till We Die

:flag:

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Dundee utd 3-0 Hibs
Dundee 3-0 Hibs
ICT 3-0 Hibs
Ross co 3-2 Hibs

Yes we won at Motherwell and drew at Celtic, but given the inconsistency of our away performances I would take a draw right now !

Hibs Till We Die

And beat St Johnstone...

Play as we did against Celtc, we will win 2/3-0/1

Play as we did against Dundee at Dens... Oh dear

O'Rourke3
03-01-2013, 04:26 PM
I'd be happy with a draw only if we don't deserve it, time to turn the tables on this mob.

HiBremian
03-01-2013, 04:28 PM

:agree:With you there, PeeJay. Paddy needs to get them in the right mood today. Even before the 7-0 and the Tornadoes in top form it felt like it could easily be another 0-0. The big difference that day was ET's psychology and training work with the players before the match - he even had them in on the Ne'er Day morning training.

Oh, and frohes neues Jahr from Bremen :wink:

CRAZYHIBBY
03-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Bugger all this negativity crap and the ill be happy with a draw keek.... I WANT TO WIN AND I BELIEVE WE WILL

Hibs fans main problem is that we think we are beaten before we even kick off.....well not this Hibby

WE WILL DESTROY THEM!!!!

Green Fish
03-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Come on Hibs, do it for us - we are all behind you 100% from start to finish. Make us proud again.......

Steve20
03-01-2013, 06:43 PM
I'd take a draw right now. Easily.

The Voice Of Reason
03-01-2013, 09:12 PM
As I said - happy with a draw !!!!!!!