PDA

View Full Version : Sutton misunderstands the term 'Power shift'

Monts
03-01-2013, 02:34 PM
He reckons that hibs have to win the scottish cup before it can be talked about

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20900452

Pretty Boy
03-01-2013, 02:40 PM
More chance of winning the Scottish than those mutants this year.

**** the Hearts.

Kenny1875
03-01-2013, 02:41 PM
What role did you play that game, John? He knows the Hearts fans hate him so is trying to make 'funny' comments to get them on his side. Tragic.

#FromTheCapital
03-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Aside from that comment he actually gives us some credit which is very unusual for a hearts player. Still a dick though :cb

ian cruise
03-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Didn't think the article was as bad as the headline made out. Paper took a couple of sentences and stuck them together to get a controversial headline. Came across ok but a bit deluded however I suppose he can't really come out and say "we're rotten and we're going to get pumped" even if that's what he believed.

Diclonius
03-01-2013, 03:05 PM
I'd assume seeing as Mr Sutton knows all about this cup final that he would able to show us his winner's medal?

He doesn't have one? Ah, all right. What about any of his Edinburgh derby goals? He clearly knows where the net is against us.

None of them, either? Nah, didn't think so. Shut it, Sutton.

Niffy
03-01-2013, 04:10 PM
According to John Sutton's logic, Hibs could win the League every year, and the Scottish Cup, but still wouldn't be better than Hearts ???

Erse.

PeterboroHibee
03-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Didn't think the article was as bad as the headline made out. Paper took a couple of sentences and stuck them together to get a controversial headline. Came across ok but a bit deluded however I suppose he can't really come out and say "we're rotten and we're going to get pumped" even if that's what he believed.

I agree, the article is more or less okay with a bit of a daft headline. He actually gives us a fair amount of praise throughout, which I find a bit odd for a rival player before a derby, but fair enough.

Hibbyradge
03-01-2013, 04:13 PM
According to John Sutton's logic, Hibs could win the League every year, and the Scottish Cup, but still wouldn't be better than Hearts ???

Erse.

LOL.

I'm liking your style, but how did you come to that interpretation?

Treadstone
03-01-2013, 04:20 PM
He should look for a 'Power Shift' in his bank account every 16th of the month.

givescotlandfreedom
03-01-2013, 04:53 PM
I'd assume seeing as Mr Sutton knows all about this cup final that he would able to show us his winner's medal?

He doesn't have one? Ah, all right. What about any of his Edinburgh derby goals? He clearly knows where the net is against us.

None of them, either? Nah, didn't think so. Shut it, Sutton.

Excellent post

Niffy
03-01-2013, 05:02 PM
LOL.

I'm liking your style, but how did you come to that interpretation?

Well his low target was we'd have to win the cup 5-1 (mind we won the wee cup by that score recently) and finish 2nd, and Hearts 9th to be officially better than them.

So if they finished 8th , it doesn't count, or if they finish 3rd and we won the treble 5 years in a row, that wouldn't count either, as they didn't finish 9th. They would still be better than us....

"Hearts forward John Sutton has warned city rivals Hibs they would have to finish second in the SPL, win the Scottish Cup final 5-1 and see Hearts finish in ninth spot before entertaining talk of a power shift in the capital."

In his reckoning, if they go bust this year, Hibs the "power" will still be with Hearts.

Wotherspiniesta
03-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Glad to see John Sutton has finally found his way out of James McPake's back pocket. Hiya John!

Eyrie
03-01-2013, 07:07 PM
How can there be a "power shift" when the two clubs have been evenly matched over the years with first one gaining a slight ascendency, only for that to then be reversed as the other gets on top for a short period?

A power shift is what has happened in Glasgow with the demise of Huns RIP leaving Sellick unchallenged. Hmmm ..... all that's missing in Edinburgh is the liquidators :hmmm:

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2013, 07:13 PM
No power shift - we got more league points in 2012 than them so were already top dogs.