PDA

View Full Version : Tonights Team

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2013, 11:47 AM
What dyou reckon Pat will go for or what would you like to see?

Any team news?

I'd like to see..

Williams

Clancy McPake(c) Hanlon McGivern

Doyle Deegan Claros Stevenson Cairney

Griffiths

Reckon pat will go for much the same but with Taiwo in there rather than Lewis...

:pfgwa

JHFC
03-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Williams

Doyle Deegan Claros Taiwo Cairney

Griffiths

Our strongest team.

hibs4thecup1988
03-01-2013, 11:51 AM
What dyou reckon Pat will go for or what would you like to see?

Any team news?

I'd like to see..

Williams

Doyle Deegan Claros Stevenson Cairney

Griffiths

Reckon pat will go for much the same but with Taiwo in there rather than Lewis...

:pfgwa

Same team as Saturday for me UNLESS McGivern has agreed an extension in which case I would maybe drop Stevenson. But in my view he has been our consistent performer this season.

HibeeN
03-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Williams

Griffiths

Our strongest team.

As harsh as it is on Lewis, it has to be this for me. Unless McGivern isn't fit, in which case Lewis (deservedly) keeps his place.

Since90+2
03-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Same team as Saturday for me UNLESS McGivern has agreed an extension in which case I would maybe drop Stevenson. But in my view he has been our consistent performer this season.

If McGivern is fit he HAS to play. Our best player alongside Griffiths and he is brilliant in the air which we will need at Tynie.

Mikey
03-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Williams

Griffiths

Our strongest team.

I reckon he'll go with that if everyone's available.

Hearts are usually strong in the middle of the park but if the team posted on the PM board is correct then they're softer than a runny one after 12 pints of Guinness and 3 curries.

They used to be a big, physical team. Now they're just pish.

Mac
03-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Stevenson in for Taiwo but the rest is good.

scoopyboy
03-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Williams

Griffiths

Our strongest team.

Correct and the one that will take the field.

Hibbyradge
03-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Sorry, Lewis, but there's no room for sentiment in derbies.

Hearts best hope of a goal will be from a set play.

We need McGivern's height and prowess in the air to best counter that threat.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2013, 12:08 PM
I would be tempted to go with the same team that played on Saturday as we were so impressive, however I believe Fenlon will bring McGivern in for Stevenson, which I can't really argue too much with.

I can't see anyone else being different from the Celtic game.

PeeJay
03-01-2013, 12:09 PM
No problems with McGivern EXCEPT he was awful against Motherwell recently when he played in the LB position - then again he was magnificent against Hearts when in the center - so, if he does play LB this evening as people are suggesting (because he has to be in the team apparently), it will be interesting to see which perfomance he delivers. Stevenson had a great game against Celtic - not convinced he needs to make way for McGivern myself...

Craig_in_Prague
03-01-2013, 12:10 PM

that's it in a nutshell.
Lewis will be dissapointed, but I am sure Pat will explain to him and he'll understand.

Besides in the last derby, McGivern oozed class and was outstanding. Getting replace by him, is nothing to be ashamed about.

hibs4thecup1988
03-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Obviously people forgetting Lewis was more or less MoTM against them at Easter Road and Pat more or less said the same thing.

Really cannot see him not starting.

But as long as the 11/14 players that take to the field in green tonight put on a good show I will be happy :agree:

Elephant Stone
Tough call to make over McGivern/Stevenson but, as has been said, McGivern's height and strength will be a major bonus. I'd go with McGivern.

JimBHibees

Spot on with McGivern back and hopefully Clancy also fit it does give us reasonable strength in the predictable aerial battle.

steviehibsleith
Correct and the one that will take the field.

Agree and really hope that is the team that starts tonight.
Harsh on Lewis Stevenson but reality is Mcgiven is a better player and is better in the air. Just a shame for Lewis right now that we have on loan a very good player in Mcgivern.

TheFamous1875
03-01-2013, 12:12 PM
I just dinnae think Lewis deserves to be dropped, he's been brilliant, it's like he's come of age. Either put him in Taiwo's place, or put him at LM (can he play there?) and put Cairney in a CAM role.

I also really want Doyle at RM, I thought he was sensational on Saturday! He was defending like a mad man as well as attacking; his work rate blew me away, I thought he was amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hfc rd
03-01-2013, 12:13 PM
No problems with McGivern EXCEPT he was awful against Motherwell recently when he played in the LB position - then again he was magnificent against Hearts when in the center - so, if he does play LB this evening as people are suggesting (because he has to be in the team apparently), it will be interesting to see which perfomance he delivers. Stevenson had a great game against Celtic - not convinced he needs to make way for McGivern myself...

McGivern was up against Humphrey in the well match who is a very good winger and is capable of ripping any fullback in the SPL. Hearts don't have a right winger like him in their team who is as good as Humphrey.

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2013, 12:15 PM
I think it's a no brainer that if fit McGivern will play LB..

BUT would Stevenson be better in the centre for tonight than Taiwo?

hibs4thecup1988
03-01-2013, 12:16 PM

:top marks

Firmly Nail Head On Hit

scoopyboy
03-01-2013, 12:17 PM

Possibly, but he won't be.

bingo70
03-01-2013, 12:17 PM

Why would he be? Taiwo was excellent on Saturday.

I've giv en Stevenson a fair bit of stick but i'd probably stick with him at left back, no danger came down his wing against celtic and McGivern was destroyed at Left back against Motherwell.

shetlandhibee
03-01-2013, 12:18 PM
-------------Williams------------
Clancy-McPake-Hanlon-Stevenson
-----Claros--Deegan--Tawio-----
Doyle---------------------Cairney
------------Griffiths-------------

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Why would he be? Taiwo was excellent on Saturday.

I've giv en Stevenson a fair bit of stick but i'd probably stick with him at left back, no danger came down his wing against celtic and McGivern was destroyed at Left back against Motherwell.

Different game altogether tonight, Lewis loves a tackle whereas that isn't Taiwo's game...

JimBHibees
03-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Different game altogether tonight, Lewis loves a tackle whereas that isn't Taiwo's game...

Not so sure thought he was getting well tore in on Saturday.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-01-2013, 12:24 PM

That's our strongest team by a mile. If we play that team and they play to their strengths then we'll batter them.

5v1 to Hibs.

bingo70
03-01-2013, 12:27 PM

Think it was you that said this at the weekend as well and i meant to respond at the time (apologies if it wasn't you) but i'm really surprised at someone saying that as IMO that's exactly what his game his.

I'm not really sure what you think Taiwo's game is?

ScottB
03-01-2013, 12:28 PM
What about dropping Hanlon for McGivern then? Given that Ryan's best showings have been in the centre and Lewis has been outstanding at LB?

hibs4thecup1988
03-01-2013, 12:30 PM

That quite simply put MUST be the team!!

hibs4thecup1988
03-01-2013, 12:31 PM
What about dropping Hanlon for McGivern then? Given that Ryan's best showings have been in the centre and Lewis has been outstanding at LB?

Hanlon was MoTM for me on Saturday. Cannot be dropped!

happiehibbie
03-01-2013, 12:35 PM
TBH I am not a Stevenson fan but as a defender the guy can tackle its the rest of his game that lets me him down for me.

the last few derbies hearts seem to put a huge guy on lewis everytime we play them Obua ripped him up in fact i dont think Obua has had such a good game for them.

mcgivern if fit i woulld play him why because all round he is better than lewis

but i hope we beat them i sick of coming out of there P off

Hibercelona
03-01-2013, 12:36 PM
I know everybody is saying "this is our strongest team".

But lets remember that this was only true against Celtic. We are playing a completely different team tonight and their tactics will differ greatly from Celtics.

We don't want to be too predictable.

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Think it was you that said this at the weekend as well and i meant to respond at the time (apologies if it wasn't you) but i'm really surprised at someone saying that as IMO that's exactly what his game his.

I'm not really sure what you think Taiwo's game is?

It wasnt me, no

His game appears to be ball retention and simple, safe passes, he's anything but a hard, tough tackling physical centre midfielder is he?

Big_Franck
03-01-2013, 12:43 PM

But lets remember that this was only true against Celtic. We are playing a completely different team tonight and their tactics will differ greatly from Celtics.

That would only be a worry if they had a boss that was tactically aware. Luckily for us their manager is John McGlynn :not worth :greengrin

Hibee87
03-01-2013, 12:45 PM
i belive stevson picked up a knock in training so might be struggling to make the squad, mcgivern has luckily recovered in time and will slot in at the left back :aok:

semaj64
03-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Hibs are a small team overall, played well against Celtic, it will depend on who turns up tonight. The good thing is we are discussinng the team in a positive way i.e. who is better not who is gash and needs to be replaced. Lets hope then team take confidence from last week and get the result we long for.

:flag:

bingo70
03-01-2013, 12:57 PM
It wasnt me, no

His game appears to be ball retention and simple, safe passes, he's anything but a hard, tough tackling physical centre midfielder is he?

I think he's more of a tenacious midfielder that'll nip away at opposition players all day long, i think flying into tackles and disrupting their midfield is exactly his game, not sure i'd say he was a hard, tough tackling physical central midfielder but then again, if he's not then Stevenson most definately isn't.

HibeeN
03-01-2013, 02:02 PM

:agree: It worked very well against Celtic because they came out and played against us - I don't think it would work so well against a team who were sitting back and were difficult to break down. However, Hearts are at home and will be under pressure to attack, and after so many derbies where we've lost the midfield battle, I think it's important to have a strong 5 in there. Fingers crossed it works out.

Fergus52
03-01-2013, 02:06 PM
It wasnt me, no

He made plenty of strong, tough tackles against a much more physical Celtic midfield.

bingo70
03-01-2013, 02:13 PM
:agree: It worked very well against Celtic because they came out and played against us - I don't think it would work so well against a team who were sitting back and were difficult to break down. However, Hearts are at home and will be under pressure to attack, and after so many derbies where we've lost the midfield battle, I think it's important to have a strong 5 in there. Fingers crossed it works out.

Against a team that was sitting back it would mean we had three forwards in Doyle, Griffiths and Cairney.

IMO first and foremost we need to win the midfield battle tonight and to do that we need to be playing the same formation we did against Celtc.

--------
03-01-2013, 02:23 PM
-----Claros--Deegan--Taiwo-----

:agree:

That would be my team. Lewis doesn't deserve to be dropped after the way he played against Celtic, and as said, McGivern was destroyed by the Motherwell right wing. IMO that's our strongest starting eleven.

pontius pilate
03-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Williams
...........Clancy Mcpake Hanlon Mcgivern

.........Dolye Claros Cairney ( A/M) Deegan Stevenson

............................Griffiths............. ..............

May not be everyone's cup of tea but could be worth a shout providing bite in midfield with Deegan and Claros width Doyle and Stevenson and attacking from cairney to support Leigh

Pedantic_Hibee
03-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Not sure about Williams' positioning there, mcpakesmyhero.......

Brooster
03-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Stevenson has a knock.

Mikey
03-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Williams
...........Clancy Mcpake Hanlon Mcgivern

.........Dolye Claros Cairney ( A/M) Deegan Stevenson

............................Griffiths............. ..............

May not be everyone's cup of tea but could be worth a shout providing bite in midfield with Deegan and Claros width Doyle and Stevenson and attacking from cairney to support Leigh

Most of Sutton's efforts hit the corner flag so it looks good to me :agree:

FastEddieFelson
03-01-2013, 02:39 PM

:hilarious

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2013, 02:47 PM

:top marks:thumbsup:

pontius pilate
03-01-2013, 02:56 PM
The positioning is right mate he is in the changing rooms I'm that confident we will stuff that manky mob he won't be needed lmfao

AlbertK86
03-01-2013, 03:34 PM

Are you jokin ... Other way round if you ask me. Taiwo very good at closing down whereas Lewis has a tendency to run alongside his oppo number.

Dinnae get me wrong Lewis was excellent v the tic but McGivern and Taiwo both in ahead of him

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Thought Taiwo was really poor/non existent tonight..

We looked better when LS came on..