PDA

View Full Version : Webster out possibly

Hibee87
03-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Hearts' Ryan McGowan will miss out after the club accepted an offer for the right-back from Chinese club Shandong Luneng Taishan. (http://www.hibs.net/sport/0/football/20849001)
Manager John McGlynn declined to name a player who is doubtful, and long-term injury victims Danny Grainger and Jamie Hamill (both knee) are out.
Hibernian defender Ryan McGivern is expected to be fit after training on Wednesday following a hamstring injury.
McGivern could replace Lewis Stevenson at left-back for the derby.

The unnamed player who is doubtfull im hearing is webster....good if true as I suspect a youth will play right back and barr in place of webster, barr has been decent for them as a defensive midfielder so should leave a bit of a hole in there midfield.

macca70
03-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Hearts' Ryan McGowan will miss out after the club accepted an offer for the right-back from Chinese club Shandong Luneng Taishan. (http://www.hibs.net/sport/0/football/20849001)
Manager John McGlynn declined to name a player who is doubtful, and long-term injury victims Danny Grainger and Jamie Hamill (both knee) are out.
Hibernian defender Ryan McGivern is expected to be fit after training on Wednesday following a hamstring injury.

The unnamed player who is doubtfull im hearing is webster....good if true as I suspect a youth will play right back and barr in place of webster, barr has been decent for them as a defensive midfielder so should leave a bit of a hole in there midfield.

They come out with this pish on the run up to every derby.

Miraculously there injury doubts make a full recovery and end up starting.

hibbymick
03-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Ripped his tights has he? Or has someone stolen his sweeties? He has to be one o the biggest fruitcakes in scottish fitbaw.

Hibee87
03-01-2013, 10:17 AM

True they do, but they normally name them.

Im led to believe webster is not even training with them today.....wonder if any hibbies at uni can confirm this or not :aok:

Pretty Boy
03-01-2013, 10:37 AM
It is Webster. Been struggling all week but wouldn't surprise me if he plays.

He's due a spell on the sidelines. He's been miraculously injury free since returning to Hearts.

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Has a virus...

S4uzee
03-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Wouldn't even surprise me if Mcgowan was playing

Dr Jimmy
03-01-2013, 10:58 AM

Too true, a couple of things guaranteed for a Derby at the PBS (apart from their fan bigotry) is "injured" players will start and Wayne Foster will be trotted out at half time!

Classy lot them Yams!!

GraniteCityHibs
03-01-2013, 11:40 AM

If you're accusing John Mcglynn of playing mind games then i think there's one vital component missing! :agree:

MB62
03-01-2013, 11:52 AM
[h=3]Hibernian defender Ryan McGivern is expected to be fit after training on Wednesday following a hamstring injury.

Lewis has hardly put a foot wrong since returning and certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped again.

Hibee87
03-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Lewis has hardly put a foot wrong since returning and certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped again.

Mcgivern gets forward well and would like to see him played on the left with cairny in the midle. Maybe not one to try tonight but if claros is to leave (which i think he will) and we stick with the 4-5-1 formation i would like to see it looking a bit like his:

------------Williams------------

clancy mcpake hanlon stevenson

doyle taiwo deegan mcgivern
----------cairny--------
---------griffiths--------

doyle and mcgivern bombing up and down the wings, cairny has the skill to beat a man then play in the ball to the left, right or slide it through for griffiths. When were defending on the back foot it leaves taiwo/deegan to sit a bit further back in a dm role and let cairny cover in the centre

adhibs
03-01-2013, 12:04 PM

the killie goal? Hes a good squad player and does a job for us when called upon but mgivern is a better player. Hard on stevenson but absolutely no doubt mgivern will replace him

DC_Hibs
03-01-2013, 12:15 PM

McGivern is an obvious pick for added height when defending the aerial assault from Hearts.

03-01-2013, 12:15 PM

:agree:, I'm believing nothing until I see it as hearts have been known to play these silly wee pre-derby mind games.

Craig_in_Prague
03-01-2013, 12:18 PM
McGlynn can barely speak he's that stupid.
I doubt he is capable of 'mind games'.

Also I noticed all he mentioned in his interview is that Hearts can go 3 points behind Hibs with a game in hand. Rather than saying X points from 2nd, they can only reference Hibs. They're hatred for Hibs really is unbelievable.
Let's hope we finally have a team that stands up to them and knocks them down again. After the last win (which they regard as a fluke), they're form has got better and ours worse. They are expecting pay back. A rather good time to go and put them in their place!

Geo_1875
03-01-2013, 01:04 PM

Also I noticed all he mentioned in his interview is that Hearts can go 3 points behind Hibs with a game in hand. Rather than saying X points from 2nd, they can only reference Hibs. They're hatred for Hibs really is unbelievable.
Let's hope we finally have a team that stands up to them and knocks them down again. After the last win (which they regard as a fluke), they're form has got better and ours worse. They are expecting pay back. A rather good time to go and put them in their place!

He was basically saying they don't care how piss they are as long as they're above us in the league. It's the HoMFC way.

Makaveli
03-01-2013, 01:07 PM

This.

Doesn't matter if the chat about Webster's injury started out as mind games, McGlynn has no doubt fooled himself into believing it.

Thecat23
03-01-2013, 01:16 PM
So does anyone know If Webster is playing or the other mutant Zal? Some saying Hearts have left him out as well because he's another one leaving.

hibbymick
03-01-2013, 01:18 PM
We need Zal and McHattie playing. :wink:

Jim44
03-01-2013, 01:29 PM
No problems with Stevenson playing but as McGivern will probably go back south soon, I think we should use him till then.

Mark79
03-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Credible hearts fan ( strange I know) here says zaluikas is a doubt too. He isnt one for winding anyone up. He is bricking it for tonight.

allezsauzee
03-01-2013, 01:32 PM
I think if McGivern is fit , he will play. However i wouldn't rule out Lewis playing in midfield

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2013, 01:51 PM
If Zallyuseless is out, it's a HUGE blow for us :jamboclow

Nevi1875
03-01-2013, 01:52 PM
I think nothing should be changed in midfield from the smeltic game IMHO. There was alot of bite with a good attacking sense to it

GGTTH

MB62
03-01-2013, 02:41 PM
the killie goal? Hes a good squad player and does a job for us when called upon but mgivern is a better player. Hard on stevenson but absolutely no doubt mgivern will replace him

I don't entirely blame Lewis for that goal, thought Hanlon should have been more aware. Also McGivern was given a torid time in the last 20 minutes against Motherwell so it's easy to point out the odd bad point or play from an individual.

I agree with the other comment that McGivern's height would be an advantage against the high ball and that might just be what wins the day for his selection.

On the main topic, I'm not that bothered about who plays or doesn't for them. If we apply ourselves in the same manner as the celtc game, it should be all about what we do and not them, but, WE HAVE TO HAVE THE SAME ATTITUDE as anything less will not be enough.

Makaveli
03-01-2013, 03:01 PM
I don't entirely blame Lewis for that goal, thought Hanlon should have been more aware. Also McGivern was given a torid time in the last 20 minutes against Motherwell so it's easy to point out the odd bad point or play from an individual.

I agree with the other comment that McGivern's height would be an advantage against the high ball and that might just be what wins the day for his selection.

On the main topic, I'm not that bothered about who plays or doesn't for them. If we apply ourselves in the same manner as the celtc game, it should be all about what we do and not them, but, WE HAVE TO HAVE THE SAME ATTITUDE as anything less will not be enough.
Fully agree, and Deegan just won't allow the rest of the midfield to give anything less than 100%.

There's untypical height in our back four so we won't be bullied. Elsewhere, the likes of Williams, Taiwo and Cairney are made for games like this IMO — quieter guys, but still winners.

tamig
03-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Mcgivern gets forward well and would like to see him played on the left with cairny in the midle. Maybe not one to try tonight but if claros is to leave (which i think he will) and we stick with the 4-5-1 formation i would like to see it looking a bit like his:

------------Williams------------

clancy mcpake hanlon stevenson

doyle taiwo deegan mcgivern
----------cairny--------
---------griffiths--------

doyle and mcgivern bombing up and down the wings, cairny has the skill to beat a man then play in the ball to the left, right or slide it through for griffiths. When were defending on the back foot it leaves taiwo/deegan to sit a bit further back in a dm role and let cairny cover in the centre
Claros was outstanding on Saturday. He has to start. There is no certainty that either Griffiths or McGivern will stay but you've stuck them in your line-up. Strange logic.

Hibee87
03-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Claros was outstanding on Saturday. He has to start. There is no certainty that either Griffiths or McGivern will stay but you've stuck them in your line-up. Strange logic.

Im 95% confident that both mcgivern and griffiths will be proper hibs player come the 1st of Febuary :wink:

Claros i have not heard anything about, and assume he will be away as his team wanted around 750 k for him a year ago, unless we keep him on loan in which case i would play him ahead of tawio, but i believe taiwo was signed with one eye on claros leaving in jan.

scoopyboy
03-01-2013, 03:28 PM
I think if McGivern is fit , he will play. However i wouldn't rule out Lewis playing in midfield

I would, certainly for this game.

smack
03-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Fully agree, and Deegan just won't allow the rest of the midfield to give anything less than 100%.

There's untypical height in our back four so we won't be bullied. Elsewhere, the likes of Williams, Taiwo and Cairney are made for games like this IMO — quieter guys, but still winners.

In the games I've seen I've never seen Deegan being the driving force in midfield and getting 100% from everyone. He would be better concentrating on trying to pass to players in his own team first

Makaveli
03-01-2013, 03:57 PM
In the games I've seen I've never seen Deegan being the driving force in midfield and getting 100% from everyone. He would be better concentrating on trying to pass to players in his own team first

Those are two totally different things, though.

I've never seen him be the driving force in a Brown or even McGinlay type way either but he does demand everyone get stuck in.

I don't know what games you've seen but in the first derby of the season (and also the pre-injury home games against St Johnstone, Killie, Dundee) he encouraged and congratulated every strong challenge or good piece of closing down and was screaming at anyone who shirked. He's the same way McPake is with the defence. They both make mistakes but their attitudes make a huge difference.

Paisley Hibby
03-01-2013, 04:53 PM

Doesn't matter who plays for them. This will be about which Hibs team turns up. Here's hoping it's the one that played Celtic.