PDA

View Full Version : Watching the Derby in.... (merged)

TRC
02-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Does anyone know if the Hibs game is on a channel in Sweden on Thursday?

edinburghhibee
02-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Does anyone know if the Hibs game is on a channel in Sweden on Thursday?

If you are in goteborg the dubliner was where I watched the hibs hearts games when i stayed there. The boy who owns its a cracking guy and claims to enjoy having hibees in after seeing us all singing sunshine on leith after being pumped out there a few years back Off Elfsborg.

TRC
02-01-2013, 04:52 PM
unfortunately not anywhere near Gothenburg I'm in the arse end of nowhere small place called grangesberg in darlana.

magpie1892
02-01-2013, 05:53 PM
unfortunately not anywhere near Gothenburg I'm in the arse end of nowhere small place called grangesberg in darlana.

Setanta Africa (http://liveonsat.com/LJ_____soccer_b_scottish_ALL.php#)

Sky Sports 1 (uk/ie) / 1HD (http://liveonsat.com/LJ_____soccer_b_scottish_ALL.php#)

Sport TV4 (http://liveonsat.com/LJ_____soccer_b_scottish_ALL.php#)

SportDigital.tv (http://liveonsat.com/LJ_____soccer_b_scottish_ALL.php#)

~ AUS: Setanta Sports (http://liveonsat.com/LJ_____soccer_b_scottish_ALL.php#)

~ CAN: Sportsnet World (http://liveonsat.com/LJ_____soccer_b_scottish_ALL.php#)

~ USA: Fox Soccer 2GO (http://liveonsat.com/LJ_____soccer_b_scottish_ALL.php#)

~ USA: Fox Soccer Plus (http://liveonsat.com/LJ_____soccer_b_scottish_ALL.php#)

These are the channels carrying the game. You shouldn't have any significant difficulty finding a bar that has SS1 or a couple of the others. I watched a game in a bar/pizzeria in Falun a few years back if you're desperate (yes, I know it's 30 miles away) but that's the best advice I can give you. Apols if it's insufficient. Good Luck!

Iceman1875
02-01-2013, 06:38 PM
evening chaps, in Birmingham tomorrow night with work, where is the best place to watch the game? GGTTH :hibees

burtis97
02-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Anyone know a decent pub in the las Americas resort to watch the game in?

Woody70x2
02-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Ironically it is Tynecastle...

Soldiersteve
02-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Anyone watching in Luton area or know best football pub likely to be showing the game tomorrow?

HH81
02-01-2013, 08:55 PM
I think with game on sky and no other football most pubs will have it on.

cam75
02-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Not going down but will be in palm court,but if we could get a few together could be a top night ?

Smiggy 7-0
02-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Anyone know a decent pub in the las Americas resort to watch the game in?

Try THE HIGHLANDER its at the back of the safari shopping centre near the volcano hotel.

THE HIGHLANDER is in a row of ENGLISH, WELSH, & IRISH PUBS. You can also place a bet here and they do SCOTCH PIES WITH GRAVY or a SQUARE SAUSAGE ROLL.

If they are open at this time of year.

DAVE1875
02-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Have to leave for work right before kick-off which is annoying but will try to check for result on my phone

ginger_rice
02-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Try THE HIGHLANDER its at the back of the safari shopping centre near the volcano hotel.

THE HIGHLANDER is in a row of ENGLISH, WELSH, & IRISH PUBS. You can also place a bet here and they do SCOTCH PIES WITH GRAVY or a SQUARE SAUSAGE ROLL.

IIRC there's a pub called the Irish Rose saw Hibs Motherwell there last easter time

bruno
02-01-2013, 09:20 PM

Definetely try the Highlander but if not try Paseo tarajal there's about 4 bars along that little road just beside the Vista Jur shopping centre all British based and shows all the games.

On the beach front opposite the Safari shopping centre

Pedantic_Hibee
02-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Best. Thread. Title. Ever.

Hibby Kay-Yay
02-01-2013, 10:06 PM

:agree:

lyonhibs
02-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Anyone watching in Luton area or know best football pub likely to be showing the game tomorrow?

Who have you pissed off to be in the Luton area tomorrow? Absolute hole of a place. That said, AFAIK our game doesn't clash with any EPL game so you should be ok to ask for it on in pretty much any pub with a Sky Sports licence.

Slicer
02-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Scruffy's on corner of Goulbourne/George Street showing the game live at 6:40am if anyone is keen :flag:

Shearer
02-01-2013, 11:47 PM
Cheers Bar on George Street is showing it too, we were gonna watch It there

cam75
03-01-2013, 12:09 AM
TM in the post:-)

Mibbes Aye
03-01-2013, 12:15 AM
TM in the post:-)

:agree: He is.

Hibbyradge
03-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Wow!

Forza Fred
03-01-2013, 02:32 AM
Cheers Bar on George Street is showing it too, we were gonna watch It there

Cheers Bar is a Jambo haunt!

Shearer
03-01-2013, 03:15 AM
I watched the last derby in there and there werent any in there! Its a better bar than Scruffys too

Sproule Three
03-01-2013, 03:30 AM
I watched the last derby in there and there werent any in there! Its a better bar than Scruffys too

Paul when they do turn up there are some James Blunts believe me . I know a couple of the long term guys and they were ok but others are pains in the erchie
Might be more tolerable if you're not hammered right enough
Best avoided and they will go to Cheers if they are out .
Hopefully they'll be choking on their morning pint and bacon rolls

Shearer
03-01-2013, 03:32 AM
Haha fair enough, may have to switch to Scruffy's then! Sounds like it will be a better option

WellingtonHibby
03-01-2013, 03:54 AM
I'm literally never setting foot In scruffy murphys again after May. Horrible horrible memories and the bar staff were dicks.

Shearer
03-01-2013, 03:59 AM
Aye the barmaids in Scruffys are always shocking, the "service" is rank

Steve-O
03-01-2013, 05:58 AM
I'm literally never setting foot In scruffy murphys again after May. Horrible horrible memories and the bar staff were dicks.

Seem to recall them telling me to calm down when I pointed out the game had kicked off and they hadn't even switched it on yet! :rolleyes:

Sproule Three
03-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Seem to recall them telling me to calm down when I pointed out the game had kicked off and they hadn't even switched it on yet! :rolleyes:

Over 100 Hibbies in the pub in Sydney Was having a great night till the cup final came on the TV. Wish they'd kept it off.
jamie will show us all the high class establishments in Melbourne in a few weeks :thumbsup:

vercol36
03-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Didn't manage to get a ticket for the game and I notice that it's on the telly. Normally do a good round of the Hibs pubs after each home game, but have never watched a match in one of them. Which one do folk reckon will be best for a bit of atmosphere tonight?

adopted_hibee
03-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Who have you pissed off to be in the Luton area tomorrow? Absolute hole of a place. That said, AFAIK our game doesn't clash with any EPL game so you should be ok to ask for it on in pretty much any pub with a Sky Sports licence.

Its not that bad! I'm originally from Luton and, like most places, it has some nice areas and some not so nice areas.

Whenever I'm back down there, I usually go to the Bricklayers Arms before Luton games. Its handy for the station, has a good beer selection and shows Sky Sports.

http://www.bricklayersarmsluton.co.uk/

Hibrandenburg
03-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Its not that bad! I'm originally from Luton and, like most places, it has some nice areas and some not so nice areas.

Whenever I'm back down there, I usually go to the Bricklayers Arms before Luton games. Its handy for the station, has a good beer selection and shows Sky Sports.

http://www.bricklayersarmsluton.co.uk/

Didn't want to serve me in there after me and 2 German friends had the Audacity to show vocal support for the Germans when they played Engerland a few years back. And they say the Krauts don't like it up em. Go to the Pub in the Airport.

susieq
03-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Hibs supporters club? Sunnyside!

Newry Hibs
03-01-2013, 09:52 AM
Used to live in Luton and my local was the Wheelwright arms http://www.tipped.co.uk/listings/75314/the-wheelwright-arms. A good old fashioned drinking place. Not exactly one to take the missus, so ideal for watching sport. Very small, but could either be empty - so you get peace and quiet or there could be a darts / pool match on, so a bit more lively (and the match may not be on). If the landlady's family of about 15 sisters and brothers are over from Ireland, it could also be loud and late later on.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Merge with other thread?

jimmyboco#1
03-01-2013, 10:25 AM
I'm looking for somewhere in city centre to watch it? Preferably with good TV's and little or no yams around. Any suggestions?

The_Todd
03-01-2013, 01:55 PM
Was this dictated to Siri?

cam75
03-01-2013, 04:05 PM
No magners and glayva :-)

Soldiersteve
03-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the info guys.
Adoptrd Hibee: I know the brickies an have been there before. Looks like I may be in london now though....

heretoday
03-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Sounds like Luton is not "Where it's at" !

Hibrandenburg
03-01-2013, 04:52 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1472650/Ugly-grey-depressing-why-Luton-really-is-the-worst-place-in-Britain.html
Sounds like Luton is not "Where it's at" !

To be taken with a pinch of salt when you notice that Edinburgh/Glasgow are in joint 4th place. That said, most of the people asked have probably only heard of 2 Scottish cities.

xyz23jc
03-01-2013, 05:11 PM

You forgot...Fact. End of. :greengrin:agree:

Phil D. Rolls
03-01-2013, 05:27 PM

Phew, glad that's settled, I thought it was the clue for 12 Across.

Dr_Regal
03-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Not going down but will be in palm court,but if we could get a few together could be a top night ?

There is a few of us heading to the Bank Bar in Culter. Always liked the Palm Court.

Is it decent these days for the football? Is there a few going with you?

EuanH78
03-01-2013, 05:30 PM
I am Henry the eighth I am, Henry the eighth I am,I am.

Colonel_HFC
03-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Any other Hibs fans living / lived in the Houston area of Texas? I would like to know if there is anywhere that would show Hibs games and SPL games in general.

And, if that's not possible, how can you get to see the televised SPL games on TV?

Any advice would be appreciated.

CA Hibby
03-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Any other Hibs fans living / lived in the Houston area of Texas? I would like to know if there is anywhere that would show Hibs games and SPL games in general.

And, if that's not possible, how can you get to see the televised SPL games on TV?

Any advice would be appreciated.

The game is live on Fox Soccer Plus. Most British pubs will carry this channel,

hibbymark
03-01-2013, 05:49 PM

Get your erchie back for next new year mate . If we still have a city rival we can go to the game !

Colonel_HFC
03-01-2013, 06:45 PM

Thanks for the info. I can get FOX Soccer Plus on Direct TV. I had a look and there are quite a few SPL games on there. I thought it was mostly English Premiership games.

My only problem now is that I work until 5pm (central time) so the game will be over when I'm finished work. There is a replay of it at 9pm but I don't think I'll be able to go that long without checking the result...

Billychaotic182
03-01-2013, 07:38 PM
The foundry 2.20 a pint

WellingtonHibby
03-01-2013, 11:28 PM
Over 100 Hibbies in the pub in Sydney Was having a great night till the cup final came on the TV. Wish they'd kept it off.
jamie will show us all the high class establishments in Melbourne in a few weeks :thumbsup:

Got some doozies lined up for you boys!