PDA

View Full Version : Greggs January Signings (Latest - Robertson signed, Claros Loan Extended - Confirmed)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

sambajustice
01-01-2013, 01:07 AM
Transfer window open! Have Hibs signed anyone yet?? Nut!! Total lack of ambition!

Eff off Fenlon!

PETRIE!!!!!

AugustaHibs
01-01-2013, 01:20 AM
i knew it, team has total no desire, do we want to do well?

muzzhfc
01-01-2013, 01:39 AM
sack the board! protest march to tinpot castle?!

spike220
01-01-2013, 02:55 AM
:greengrin

spike220
01-01-2013, 02:56 AM
Where is that bloke that did the bed sheet protest, he could be useful.

lord bunberry
01-01-2013, 05:04 AM
Typical hibs we always leave it to the last minute petrie out butcher in

Smiggy 7-0
01-01-2013, 11:10 AM
According to THE SUN - Sproule will be off to St.Johnstone and we get Liam Craig in return - thoughts anyone ??????

:aok:

Vault Boy
01-01-2013, 11:29 AM
According to THE SUN - Sproule will be off to St.Johnstone and we get Liam Craig in return - thoughts anyone ??????

I'd bite your arm off, followed by my own for that deal to happen!

Bostonhibby
01-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Where is that bloke that did the bed sheet protest, he could be useful.

:agree: We need more bed sheets, and a couple of Duvets as well, Petrie has been letting us down in the linen department generally for years.

Franck Stanton
01-01-2013, 11:43 AM

Ivan is/was a good servant to Hibs and I for one will always hold him in high regard. Will always get a welcome back at Easter Road from me at least, [suspect from a good few others as well], however, having said that, think he has now run his course and is time for both him and the Club to part ways. IF we are getting Craig in exchange, then it really is a good piece of business. All the very best Ivan, hope the move works out well for you, a real gent and genuinely holds Hibs close to his heart.

Malthibby
01-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Ivan is/was a good servant to Hibs and I for one will always hold him in high regard. Will always get a welcome back at Easter Road from me at least, [suspect from a good few others as well], however, having said that, think he has now run his course and is time for both him and the Club to part ways. IF we are getting Craig in exchange, then it really is a good piece of business. All the very best Ivan, hope the move works out well for you, a real gent and genuinely holds Hibs close to his heart.

Emotionally it would be sad to see Ivan go but rationally it would be a very good deal indeed.
GG

Franck Stanton
01-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Emotionally it would be sad to see Ivan go but rationally it would be a very good deal indeed.
GG

Agree 100% Fact of life that there comes a time to move on to pastures new and this is it for Ivan.

01-01-2013, 12:01 PM
GG

:agree:

KWJ
01-01-2013, 01:03 PM
I tend to agree and would really like to see Liam Craig come in. Although Ivan's not really had that much of a chance since the confidence has increased in the team and I wouldn't mind seeing him play as a striker again. Although I wouldn't drop LG & ED and also want to see Caldwell get more of a run so it's unlikely.

On the wing he doesn't seem to have the unexpected about him before which had defenders fearing him. Cuts back all the time.

ALF TUPPER
01-01-2013, 01:09 PM
New Years Day 2013 14:09
Still no signings!! Sack them all , the board, Fenlon, backroom staff, players, caterers, stewards, programme sellers , support !!

No ambition from the wee team . ;-)

GGTTH & Happy New Year all Hibbys worldwide x

Famous5forever
01-01-2013, 01:11 PM

Can i be the first to offer to drive him their as i have a fast car.:thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
01-01-2013, 01:14 PM

Interested to see if Craig is in the Saints team for tomorrow

Craig_in_Prague
01-01-2013, 01:18 PM
I tend to agree and would really like to see Liam Craig come in. Although Ivan's not really had that much of a chance since the confidence has increased in the team and I wouldn't mind seeing him play as a striker again. Although I wouldn't drop LG & ED and also want to see Caldwell get more of a run so it's unlikely.

On the wing he doesn't seem to have the unexpected about him before which had defenders fearing him. Cuts back all the time.

Ivan was exciting as he was 'raw' and he himself probably didnt know what he was going to do at times. Since he has matured he is too predictable and actually negative imo.
Was great to have had the wee man at Hibs and we all will have fond memories but I am sure if he moves on and we get Craig in, everyone will be very pleased.

MrSmith
01-01-2013, 01:20 PM

With you on that statement. I hate losing hibees but I do think it is quite obvious Pat doesn't rate him and its not fair to leave him languishing in the stand.

Will always be a legend for me! Good luck Ivan, you will always get a cheer from me when you return home.

Hibbyradge
01-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.

MrSmith
01-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Toooaaastieeeeeee Good Idea!

Northernhibee
01-01-2013, 01:36 PM

Considering he's been a good role model for the youngsters and always given 100% in the green and white that's a bit of a disrespectful statement.

essexhibee
01-01-2013, 01:46 PM
GG

The guy loves Hibs and will always be one of the family. St Johnstone would be a good move for him I think. Last season I saw an Ivan utterly devoid of confidence, scared to take on a man and offering the team nothing. This season I actually think hes been better...thought he played a blinder v Hearts in winning the ball and running the clock down.

lord bunberry
01-01-2013, 02:20 PM

I hope your joking

Hermit Crab
01-01-2013, 02:58 PM
I hope your joking

Why?

Sudds_1
01-01-2013, 02:58 PM

The guy loves Hibs and will always be one of the family. St Johnstone would be a good move for him I think. Last season I saw an Ivan utterly devoid of confidence, scared to take on a man and offering the team nothing. This season I actually think hes been better...thought he played a blinder v Hearts in winning the ball and running the clock down.

agreed...... loves the hibs. Second time round (like most returns) been less than successful..........

.....time for Ivan to move on - with all our best wishes. Once a Hibby, always a Hibby. :flag:

lord bunberry
01-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Why?

What has Ivan sproule ever done to be treated so disrespectfully things maybe haven't worked out so well this time round but he always gives 100% and can leave with his head held high

GoldenEagle
01-01-2013, 03:23 PM
What has Ivan sproule ever done to be treated so disrespectfully things maybe haven't worked out so well this time round but he always gives 100% and can leave with his head held high

Correct. The way the minority of fans treat 'one of our own' is an embarrassment to the majority. I wish it'd stop to be honest.

JollyGreenGiant
01-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Agreed. A great player first time round, and always felt he genuinely loved the club and the fans!

All the best Ivan!

Hermit Crab
01-01-2013, 03:38 PM

Take off the tinted specs mate. I

Centre Hawf
01-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Ivan hasn't left yet so for now he is a Hibs player and a passionate one at that. I think in a time like last season it was good to have someone who genuinely cared for the club. I think we should treat him with more respect. If he does go then all the best to him.

On a signing front it would be brilliant to get Liam Craig in, would be a good in an out when Claros goes.

Hermit Crab
01-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Correct. The way the minority of fans treat 'one of our own' is an embarrassment to the majority. I wish it'd stop to be honest.

How is he one of our own?

Franck Stanton
01-01-2013, 03:58 PM
How is he one of our own?

Granted he didn't grow up a Hibby, however, after signing first time around took the Club and supporters to his heart. Has NEVER said a bad word about the Hibs and always gave his all for the jersey. Now, over past few years how many players can the same be said of ? IF he does go, then it will be with the best wishes of all SENSIBLE Hibs supporters. Been a good servant who genuinely loved the Club/supporters.

AugustaHibs
01-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Apparently Ryan Mcgowan is going to hearts, poor move for him if so, hate the guy but a very decent player

Diclonius
01-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Apparently Ryan Mcgowan is going to hearts, poor move for him if so, hate the guy but a very decent player

Signing their own players in the transfer window, what a disgrace. :rolleyes:

AugustaHibs
01-01-2013, 04:07 PM
meant china, whats wrong with me? Late night....zzzz

bob12345
01-01-2013, 04:20 PM

How on earth can you say moving to a league which cintains Lippi, Drogba, Anelka, Keita and Yakubu is a bad move?

AugustaHibs
01-01-2013, 04:23 PM
once you go to china its hard to get back out

easty
01-01-2013, 04:27 PM

nah thats a chinese finger trap youre thinking of.

AugustaHibs
01-01-2013, 04:45 PM
nah thats a chinese finger trap youre thinking of.

:thumbsup:

Eyrie
01-01-2013, 05:41 PM

So Riordan found.

As regards Sproule, if he is away in a swap for Craig then it's a good deal for us but he leaves with my gratitude for his performances the first time here and commitment both times.

fat freddy
01-01-2013, 05:47 PM

can i be the first to offer to drive you back to brokeback as you've obviously got lost and ended up on the wrong forum.

Bostonhibby
01-01-2013, 05:51 PM
So Riordan found.

As regards Sproule, if he is away in a swap for Craig then it's a good deal for us but he leaves with my gratitude for his performances the first time here and commitment both times.

:agree: Beyond belief that Sproule doesn't go with our best wishes and fond memories if / when he does. His first spell with us earns him a place in the family, the hunbox hat trick ensures that for me.

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Granted he didn't grow up a Hibby, however, after signing first time around took the Club and supporters to his heart. Has NEVER said a bad word about the Hibs and always gave his all for the jersey. Now, over past few years how many players can the same be said of ? IF he does go, then it will be with the best wishes of all SENSIBLE Hibs supporters. Been a good servant who genuinely loved the Club/supporters.

Ivan's second spell at us, has let's be honest, been pretty crap....Does this make me not a sensible Hibs supporter?

Yes he had some good moments in his first spell, but feel the time is right to go....Craig coming in would be a great piece of business......

Pretty Boy
01-01-2013, 06:31 PM
If Sproule goes he has my beat wishes and that hat trick at Ibrox was one of my best days as a Hibs supporters.

However most SENSIBLE Hibs supporters can see he now offers very little and allowing him to go to bring in Liam Craig or even to free up a wage is a good deal for the club, and probably for the player as well.

scoopyboy
01-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Ivan's second spell at us, has let's be honest, been pretty crap....Does this make me not a sensible Hibs supporter?

Yes he had some good moments in his first spell, but feel the time is right to go....Craig coming in would be a great piece of business......

It has been crap, but you could still wish him well and still be a sensible supporter.

If you read his post correctly you would understand this:greengrin

Only too happy to help however.

Bostonhibby
01-01-2013, 06:46 PM
It has been crap, but you could still wish him well and still be a sensible supporter.

Second spell hasn't been that great granted and I think the time to move on has come regardless, my issue is why would anyone take a pot at Ivan if/when he does go. He has given more than he has taken out of the club and I recall Fenlon saying about the effort he still puts in in training and behind the scenes. Good business if we got Craig, no question but turning it into having a go at Ivan is plain daft.

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2013, 06:48 PM

Once a player leaves the mighty Hibernian, they become persona non grata for me........:cb

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-01-2013, 06:55 PM
From a football point of view, Ivan will play a lot more at McDiarmid than he did at ER and if he has looked after his finances properly, that should matter more to him at this stage of his career rather than money. Can't help but think that his return was a mixture of vanity and appeasement, but Sproule's commitment to the jersey has never been in question.

scoopyboy
01-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Once a player leaves the mighty Hibernian, they become persona non grata for me........:cb

You're a hard, hard man.

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2013, 07:01 PM
You're a hard, hard man.

Only in front of a keyboard Jock....:wink:

3pm
01-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Folk will still be talking about Sproule in 20 years. Maybe not a great player nor a legend like the F5, Joe Baker or the TT's but he achieved something legendary that will be talked about for years.

Good luck Ivan.

Shrekko
01-01-2013, 08:34 PM

Read this a lot these days and think its utterly ridiculous. Would Pat Stanton be 'persona non grata' when he left?

Southampton fans gave Walcott and Oxelade Chamberlain a great reception today when they played Arsenal and seeing as neither left under a cloud that's the way it should be. If someone has played for my club and contributed there's no way I'm booing them or whatever.

basehibby
01-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Surprising that Liam Craig is being touted as he's listed as a central midfielder on wiki (is this defo correct?) - a position we already have a lot of cover for. If Ivan is going then the need to sign a good wide player will be more urgent than ever.

Feed McGraw
01-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Folk will still be talking about Sproule in 20 years. Maybe not a great player nor a legend like the F5, Joe Baker or the TT's but he achieved something legendary that will be talked about for years.

Good luck Ivan.

Hear Hear. Good luck Ivan and thanks for some magic memories.

...WentToMowAnSPL
01-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Hear Hear. Good luck Ivan and thanks for some magic memories.

Will take something for me to change my signature quote GGTTH :-)

hfc rd
01-01-2013, 08:58 PM

Good luck Ivan.

Exactly this. He will always be given a good reception by the Hibs fans.

superfurryhibby
01-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Surprising that Liam Craig is being touted as he's listed as a central midfielder on wiki (is this defo correct?) - a position we already have a lot of cover for. If Ivan is going then the need to sign a good wide player will be more urgent than ever.

I donīt recall noticing Craig in terms of him catching the eye against us.

Central midfield, if we lose Claros then we are diminished in that part of the team. Taiwo is yet to convince. Deegan seems to have more about his game, but both are lacking in terms of creativity and getting forward.

I do wonder if we will see either Cairney or Wotherspoon going into centre mid (favoured positions for both?), especially if we were to stick with the 4-5-1 formation we used against Celtic (which I liked).

The team desperately needs more of a goal threat from the centre mid. Both Cairney and Wotherspoon could potentially provide that. I also reckon Doyle was pretty effective out wide right. All we need then is an attacking player to play left mid, Callum Booth perhaps?

Vault Boy
01-01-2013, 09:07 PM

Fairly certain that he is adept at playing on the left too. Good player from what I've seen of him, also scored 4 goals against Hearts on my Football Manager save recently - another plus in my book. :greengrin

Bay Area Hibees
01-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Exactly this. He will always be given a good reception by the Hibs fans.
Agree. great servant and 100% effort everytime he played. Will also support him back at ER if/when he leaves.

SMAXXA
01-01-2013, 10:52 PM
I donīt recall noticing Craig in terms of him catching the eye against us.

Central midfield, if we lose Claros then we are diminished in that part of the team. Taiwo is yet to convince. Deegan seems to have more about his game, but both are lacking in terms of creativity and getting forward.

I do wonder if we will see either Cairney or Wotherspoon going into centre mid (favoured positions for both?), especially if we were to stick with the 4-5-1 formation we used against Celtic (which I liked).

The team desperately needs more of a goal threat from the centre mid. Both Cairney and Wotherspoon could potentially provide that. I also reckon Doyle was pretty effective out wide right. All we need then is an attacking player to play left mid, Callum Booth perhaps?

What the same guy that always seems to score against us, have you been watching the games when we play him?

Callum_62
02-01-2013, 01:53 AM
Any chance of this deal being done before the derby??

JimBHibees
02-01-2013, 07:53 AM
What the same guy that always seems to score against us, have you been watching the games when we play him?

Yep he has scored a rake of goals against us.

JimBHibees
02-01-2013, 07:58 AM

Craig is very much a solid left sided midfielder. Half decent on the ball, can take a decent set piece, has a physical presence and ok in the air and also is a genuine goal threat. Would be a very god signing IMO.

Craig_in_Prague
02-01-2013, 08:00 AM
Any chance of this deal being done before the derby??

Will be a lot clearer when we see the Saintees squad today (if we are signing him at all, would be nice if he made the derby but to be honest I'd go with same team anyway with McGivern in for Lewis... but if L. Craig is not in the squad today then it'll look good for us)

superfurryhibby
02-01-2013, 08:24 AM

Thatīs a constructive reply. I tend to focus on Hibs players, unless thereīs something that makes another teamīs player really stand out. What did you think of my broader point, that we have plenty central midfielders and could do with someone who can do the job playing out wide, or is that stretching the grey matter a step too far to be bothered with a reasoned reply?

JimBHibees
02-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Thatīs a constructive reply. I tend to focus on Hibs players, unless thereīs something that makes another teamīs player really stand out. What did you think of my broader point, that we have plenty central midfielders and could do with someone who can do the job playing out wide, or is that stretching the grey matter a step too far to be bothered with a reasoned reply?

He is a left sided midfielder.

Devilstorment
02-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Sproule has been a great servant of Hibs (both first and current spell) as mentioned by others his Hun Hatrick puts him in the history books as a hibs legend! His second spell with us has not been anywhere near as prolific however I still rate him as a player.

I think its a good move for us as a club, I imagine Sproule will be one of our higher earners and if we can bring in a quality player (with more of a shelf life left) on slightly less wages. That can only be a good move business wise.

What we need to remember is that we all want to see the club move forward and with respect to Ivan (and other players who have returned to ER Garry, Derek, Ian et al) we are not a retirement home that they can draw a pension out of.

For Sproule i think a move will see him get more first team football and surely that is what he wants.

If it happens I'll be happy, if it doesn't then I won't be demanding Fenlon and Petrie's head. We will just move on to other targets

murraymckirdy
02-01-2013, 09:47 AM

Didny ken about sproule going but heard we signed a midfielder from St.Johnstone on a pre-contract, then heard it was Liam Craig so could be some truth to it or the same rumour thats found it was to me haha

Eyrie
02-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Craig is very much a solid left sided midfielder. Half decent on the ball, can take a decent set piece, has a physical presence and ok in the air and also is a genuine goal threat. Would be a very god signing IMO.
He's a decent player, but I wouldn't put him in the Stanton/Sauzee class :wink:

Craig on the left allows Cairney to move infield which, combined with Wotherspoon/Doyle (depends on 4.4.2 or 4.5.1), gives us a goal threat from midfield. Deegan or Taiwo can hold things together if we can't extend Claros.

superfurryhibby
02-01-2013, 10:29 AM
He is a left sided midfielder.

Left footed but plays centre mid. Has a decent goals to game ratio, 30 in 200 appearances. I would like to see a winger signed, the team desperately needs some pace out wide. My post suggests that we already have enough cover in centre mid and possibly have the creativity we need already on the books (Spoon or Cairney).

SMAXXA
02-01-2013, 10:35 AM

Constructivley accurate aye? I was making the point that he has scored regularly against us and always been a thorn in our side, I was surprised you didnt acknowledge that.

As pointed out he is a left midfielder so he could be that player you want to do the job out wide, a better option than Calum Booth as you mentioned as a possability IMO.

I agree wee need a CM who will get us some goals and more an attacking threat, the 2 you mentioned may well be the answer to that.

Grey matter stretched enough now?

JimBHibees
02-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Left footed but plays centre mid. Has a decent goals to game ratio, 30 in 200 appearances. I would like to see a winger signed, the team desperately needs some pace out wide. My post suggests that we already have enough cover in centre mid and possibly have the creativity we need already on the books (Spoon or Cairney).

Has always played left mid in a 4 when I have seen him.

J-C
02-01-2013, 10:40 AM

That would free up Cairney to play in the middle.:greengrin

JimBHibees
02-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Constructivley accurate aye? I was making the point that he has scored regularly against us and always been a thorn in our side, I was surprised you didnt acknowledge that.

As pointed out he is a left midfielder so he could be that player you want to do the job out wide, a better option than Calum Booth as you mentioned as a possability IMO.

I agree wee need a CM who will get us some goals and more an attacking threat, the 2 you mentioned may well be the answer to that.

Craig wide would mean Cairney could play more central.

superfurryhibby
02-01-2013, 10:47 AM

Well thatīs a better answer than your first atempt. I just find that kind of reply rather wide for the sake of it.No need really.

Out of interest, how many goals has he actually scored against us? As I said, Iīve never noticed him as a stand out player and generally tend to focus on what Hibs players do during games. I believe Craig is left footed central midfielder. We have a fair number of guys who can play there, even if, as I suspect, Claros goes.

AS for Booth, itīs a case of unfulfilled potential. He seemed to have the necesary skills when he came into the team. Not really sure why he has fallen by the wayside but I would love to see him being given a chance as a left mid in this side.

JimBHibees
02-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Well thatīs a better answer than your first atempt. I just find that kind of reply rather wide for the sake of it.No need really.

Out of interest, how many goals has he actually scored against us? As I said, Iīve never noticed him as a stand out player and generally tend to focus on what Hibs players do during games. I believe Craig is left footed central midfielder. We have a fair number of guys who can play there, even if, as I suspect, Claros goes.

AS for Booth, itīs a case of unfulfilled potential. He seemed to have the necesary skills when he came into the team. Not really sure why he has fallen by the wayside but I would love to see him being given a chance as a left mid in this side.

He isnt. He has scored 6 goals against Hibs in last 3 or 4 years.

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm very surprised and disappointed we seem to be losing a good Irishman in Sproule, i know we are replacing him with another in Liam Craig, but we are still a long way off fielding an all Irish 11.

SMAXXA
02-01-2013, 11:00 AM

I didnt think it was particularly wide to be honest just made a direct point.

I agree with another one of your comments that we really lack wingers / pace in our team, I dont expect LC to change that but I do think he would be an improvement on what we have and would allow Cairney to move inside.

Unfulfilled potential indeed, and I suspect this will remain the case although I hope not. I suppose Spoony has turned things around a fair bit this season so who knows maybe Callum will do the same. Still believe we need actual wingers and some pace in our team.

Framie
02-01-2013, 11:03 AM

7 goals against hibs in 13 matches

Bad Martini
02-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Still recall many huns asking "who is HE?" when he come on as a sub THAT day.....the rest, is history.

If he goes, he goes with our best wishes. We've had plenty lazy, fat, overpaid, journeymen over the last few years. Ivan, whilst at times lacking in the skill, at many other times, has been joyous, particularly when he was giving Usain Bolt a run for his money in the sprint stakes during his first spell. And I dont recall him giving much less than 100% either.

No, his final ball was never perfect and yes, he missed some chances he might have scored. However, he cost us **** all in relative terms and I'd think we'd all have happily paid to buy THAT hattrick!

Best wishes Ivan son if ye go. If ye dinnae go, how about slapping a few in the merricks net for old times sake? :thumbsup:

GGTTH.

ENDOF

HibeeN
02-01-2013, 11:36 AM
and yes, he missed some chances he might have scored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpRHzfNWVGc

Agree with you there :greengrin

If he goes, he goes with well-wishes and as one of my favourite players for Hibs after all he's done for the club. Will always remember his first spell here and the excitement when he got the ball and went on one of his runs. And a player that you believed geniuniely loved the club.

All the best to him, whatever happens. :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
02-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Read this a lot these days and think its utterly ridiculous. Would Pat Stanton be 'persona non grata' when he left?

Southampton fans gave Walcott and Oxelade Chamberlain a great reception today when they played Arsenal and seeing as neither left under a cloud that's the way it should be. If someone has played for my club and contributed there's no way I'm booing them or whatever.

Pat was slightly before my time, however, did you applaud Whittaker, Brown and Thomson on their return's, I certainly never...

lord bunberry
02-01-2013, 11:51 AM
Pat was slightly before my time, however, did you applaud Whittaker, Brown and Thomson on their return's, I certainly never...

Broony is always welcome back in leith

3pm
02-01-2013, 11:54 AM

Maybe in your opinion!

ozzie
02-01-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm very surprised and disappointed we seem to be losing a good Irishman in Sproule, i know we are replacing him with another in Liam Craig, but we are still a long way off fielding an all Irish 11.
The same liam craig who was born in chirnside and has represented scotland. Not doubting he has irish heritage though.

lord bunberry
02-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Maybe in your opinion!

He was in the pub after the celtic game

Baldy Foghorn
02-01-2013, 12:05 PM

Not the view I have....

Shrekko
02-01-2013, 12:09 PM

I've applauded any ex player who has been applauded by the crowd in general.

In terms of those 3, I think Brown was applauded when he'd done his warm up, Thomson was roundly booed and Whittaker was booed by a few. I haven't booed any of them and I certainly don't think they are 'persona non grata'- i'll always think of them fondly for their times at ER.

Baldy Foghorn
02-01-2013, 12:18 PM
I've applauded any ex player who has been applauded by the crowd in general.

In terms of those 3, I think Brown was applauded when he'd done his warm up, Thomson was roundly booed and Whittaker was booed by a few. I haven't booed any of them and I certainly don't think they are 'persona non grata'- i'll always think of them fondly for their times at ER.

Every individual is different, however, with the 3 mentioned above, I never look or nor am I interested in how their careers go.....

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2013, 12:38 PM
The same liam craig who was born in chirnside and has represented scotland. Not doubting he has irish heritage though.

:tee hee:

Hibee87
02-01-2013, 12:40 PM
ST JOHNSTONE: Mannus, MacKay, C.Davidson, Wright, Millar, M.Davidson, Tade, Craig, McCracken, Pawlett, Vine.

Dont look like craig will be signing before the derby

Green&White
02-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Will be a lot clearer when we see the Saintees squad today (if we are signing him at all, would be nice if he made the derby but to be honest I'd go with same team anyway with McGivern in for Lewis... but if L. Craig is not in the squad today then it'll look good for us)

craig starts for saints. not looking like its going to be a done deal anytime soon

3pm
02-01-2013, 12:53 PM
craig starts for saints. not looking like its going to be a done deal anytime soon

Has it ever been anything other than a rumour?!

sparkiedelpaco7
02-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Liam Craig has just scored for St Johnstone against Dundee

AFKA5814_Hibs
02-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Liam Craig just scored for St Johnstone.

SMAXXA
02-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Liam Craig just scored for St Johnstone.

What would he offer Hibs :wink:

Speedway
02-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Looks like the Wolves manager is about to get his jotters. Might need to sort out Sparky's situation a bit lively in case a new manager fancies him.

superfurryhibby
02-01-2013, 03:05 PM

Just been on the Saints forum. They say Craig has played wide left and in the centre. Apparently the player himself prefers a central mid role. One thing for sure, they donīt fancy Sproule signing on for them!

If Claros goes then Craig seems to have the credentials to replace him, I still think we need an out and out wide midfielder.

PatHead
02-01-2013, 04:07 PM
St Johnstone manager Steve Lomas is hoping to keep Liam Craig at the club: "Liam has been a great servant to this club. He gives nothing but 100% every week. But if he decides [to leave] we shake his hand and wish him all the best." on bbc

SMAXXA
02-01-2013, 04:32 PM
From Lomases interview on the Beeb he mentioned players signing pre contracts, wonder if this was a hint that its happened or will be happening? :dunno:

hfc rd
02-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Just heard on the radio that Gary Harkins has had a fall out with Kenny Shiels. He wasn't in the squad today. Would you guys be willing to take a punt on him?

CallumLaidlaw
02-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Just heard on the radio that Gary Harkins has had a fall out with Kenny Shiels. He wasn't in the squad today. Would you guys be willing to take a punt on him?

Always liked Harkins. Goalscoring midfielder. Would definitely take him.

Number69
02-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Anyone notice Ricardo Quaresma is without a club ATM ;-)

HibeeBigFly
02-01-2013, 05:25 PM

Not for me, don't rate him at all!

GoldenEagle
02-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Anyone notice Ricardo Quaresma is without a club ATM ;-)

Always heard he wanted to play with the Hibs since reading about our thumping of Sporting Lisbon

Number69
02-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Always heard he wanted to play with the Hibs since reading about our thumping of Sporting Lisbon

Did you mention it the El Tache? :D

Iceman1875
02-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Scott Smith has signed on loan for dumbarton.

edwards
02-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Who is this a wind up, age and postion

Hibee Ryan
02-01-2013, 08:42 PM

What do you mean?

essexhibee
02-01-2013, 08:43 PM

Who?

If you meaning Scott Smith hes a young left back...:agree:

edwards
02-01-2013, 08:49 PM

sorry talking to someone else when I had a squint at this thought we had signed someone from dumbarton

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-01-2013, 09:10 PM
From Lomases interview on the Beeb he mentioned players signing pre contracts, wonder if this was a hint that its happened or will be happening? :dunno:

Heard that as well, seemed to be suggesting that Craig had signed a pre-contract

Speedway
02-01-2013, 09:15 PM
We're also trying to get McGivern on a permanent deal by the way.

Gmack7
02-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Is he out of contract at city at the end of the season? Im sure we would have to pay a fee but would be a great signing

hfc rd
02-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Is he out of contract at city at the end of the season? Im sure we would have to pay a fee but would be a great signing

Yes he is out of contract in the summer. I would love to see us sign him up permanently.

Tonez
02-01-2013, 10:37 PM
L Craig was at Hibs to have medical & if all went well he was expected to sign pre contract.

Source - a Saints player.

merritthibees
02-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Just seen the yearly "Kevin Thompson signing for hibs... From someone in the know" on twitter! That's the third year in a row now I think? Haha

cocopops1875
02-01-2013, 10:46 PM
A pre contract seems to be the start of talks in most cases, Dont want a player who is not fully focused on the club can maybe get some cash or a player in, so dont be shocked if we are talking with St J :agree:

Vault Boy
02-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Just seen the yearly "Kevin Thompson signing for hibs... From someone in the know" on twitter! That's the third year in a row now I think? Haha

A lot going around that he's signing for Celtic, probably tosh also. :rolleyes:

McIntosh
02-01-2013, 11:47 PM

Very close to happening. Lets hope it transpires.

Vault Boy
03-01-2013, 12:13 AM
Very close to happening. Lets hope it transpires.

:pray:

Boydyhfc
03-01-2013, 12:16 AM

Hopefully we can pull this off. Would be delighted.

dunnit
03-01-2013, 02:40 AM
A jambo mate of mine told me tonight that Mcgivern wouldn't be playing in the derby because of a clause in his contract meaning that he is ineligible to play due to hibs not wanting to pay his wages for january. Where do they get their ***** from?? I assured him that he was guaranteed to start if fit. Mcgivern for first goal scorer!! GGTTH:flag:

Pete
03-01-2013, 03:24 AM
A jambo mate of mine told me tonight that Mcgivern wouldn't be playing in the derby because of a clause in his contract meaning that he is ineligible to play due to hibs not wanting to pay his wages for january. Where do they get their ***** from?? I assured him that he was guaranteed to start if fit. Mcgivern for first goal scorer!! GGTTH:flag:

Even if he isn't there is adequate cover. In fact, McGivern would be the one standing on the mans toes who played excellently last week.

I'm sure we can handle John Sutton. Who else do they have that scores goals?

steve75
03-01-2013, 03:52 AM
Even if he isn't there is adequate cover. In fact, McGivern would be the one standing on the mans toes who played excellently last week.

I'm sure we can handle John Sutton. Who else do they have that scores goals?

Sutton scores goals?

CropleyWasGod
03-01-2013, 04:42 AM
A lot going around that he's signing for Celtic, probably tosh also. :rolleyes:

Paul or Steve?

:cb

Haymaker
03-01-2013, 05:33 AM

Every transfer window that Deeks and Ivan were away we had threads on their return. Eventually it happened so...

lord bunberry
03-01-2013, 06:10 AM
Just been over on brokeback and they haven't got a January signings thread wonder why that is

flash
03-01-2013, 06:24 AM

Did he also tell you the Earth is square and bears don't defecate in wooded areas?

Crab apple
03-01-2013, 06:25 AM

He's wrong. Ryan is in the starting 11 tonight. I'm not one for predictions but I'm going for a 3-2 victory.

3pm
03-01-2013, 06:35 AM

He has a bit of a cheek commenting on anyone not wanting to pay wages.

Wilson
03-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Paul or Steve?

McKinlay.

DevonLoch
03-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Apparently there is some truth in the rumour that HMFC have managed to secure extra support from their main sponsor to bolster the squad during January.

http://www.imsmarketing.co.uk/images2/hearts2013.jpg

Hiber-nation
03-01-2013, 08:44 AM

:faf:

GraniteCityHibs
03-01-2013, 10:07 AM
McKinlay.

Billy?

Vault Boy
03-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Paul or Steve?

Didn't want to pick the guy out on the 'p' as he took it from Twitter. :na na:
Rumours concerning Kevin never really seem to materialise. :greengrin

Leithenhibby
03-01-2013, 10:36 AM
He's wrong. Ryan is in the starting 11 tonight. I'm not one for predictions but I'm going for a 3-2 victory.

I'm not sure my old ticker could handle that :greengrin

hibeesjoe
03-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Agent Scotland on twitter

"@AgentScotland: Inverness Caley Thistle have all but tied up a contract for Wrexham CB Danny Devine, Kilmarnock and Hibernian also tried to sign him"

Hard to believe players would choose ICT before us.

sleeping giant
03-01-2013, 11:20 AM

"@AgentScotland: Inverness Caley Thistle have all but tied up a contract for Wrexham CB Danny Devine, Kilmarnock and Hibernian also tried to sign him"

Not that hard to believe. Inverness is a beautiful place to live.

Thecat23
03-01-2013, 11:22 AM

From what I was told, it was a guy Hibs were aware off but never made any attempt to sign him. We never lost out to him because no approach was made.

nribs
03-01-2013, 11:24 AM

Unless I am missing something he is only at loan to Wrexham and is actualy contracted to Fleetwood Town.

Hibernia Na Eir
03-01-2013, 11:26 AM

A Yam DREAMER. He wishes.

Speedway
04-01-2013, 10:35 AM

If Agent Scotland said it, it must be true.

Adam Rooney is back on the radar by the by.

blackpoolhibs
04-01-2013, 11:09 AM
If Agent Scotland said it, it must be true.

Adam Rooney is back on the radar by the by.

Superb, 100% Irish. :thumbsup:

McD
04-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Anyone know what the hampden is with Liam Craig? Seen a few posts that reckoned he was gonna be announced last week, but seems to have gone very quiet

TheReg!
04-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Liam Craig and Adam Rooney will be a good start. IF Lee does stay then Rooney and Lee up front could work out well. We need some pace!

WeeRussell
04-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Can confirm Liam Craig has signed a pre-contract following a medical on Wednesday :wink::flag:

Not sure if we'll manage to get him before the summer.. apparently the offer of Sproule was turned down

oneone73
04-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Can confirm Liam Craig has signed a pre-contract following a medical on Wednesday :wink::flag:

Not sure if we'll manage to get him before the summer.. apparently the offer of Sproule was turned down
Is he cup tied?

Jonnyboy
04-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Is he cup tied?

Yes. Played against Cowdenbeath

Golden Bear
08-01-2013, 08:24 AM
"Ivan Sproule is is talks to terminate his Hibs contract in order to finalise his SPL switch to Ross County. The Northern Irishman is close to coming to an agreement for the last 5 months of his Easter Road deal"

According to today's Daily Express.

MrSmith
08-01-2013, 08:26 AM
"Ivan Sproule is is talks to terminate his Hibs contract in order to finalise his SPL switch to Ross County. The Northern Irishman is close to coming to an agreement for the last 5 months of his Easter Road deal"

That is a shame. Good luck Ivan.

CB_NO3
08-01-2013, 08:32 AM

Wish all the best to Ivan. Good guy and a good Hibby. I hope a deal can be done in order to free up some wages.

Sergey
08-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Not seen this posted anywhere, but it looks like Ivan's offski.

http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/ivan_sproule_set_to_sign_for_ross_county_777969/index.shtml?

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Frees up a wage.

PatHead
08-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Not seen this posted anywhere, but it looks like Ivan's offski.

http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/ivan_sproule_set_to_sign_for_ross_county_777969/index.shtml?

Only on 3 other threads.:devil:

Seriously though I think it would be a good move for both sides.

SteveHFC
08-01-2013, 02:36 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8386146/?

Godsahibby
08-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Raises a serious question, who am I going to vent my frustrations on now!

Bleeds green
08-01-2013, 02:41 PM

Superb the lads a class act

JimBHibees
08-01-2013, 02:42 PM

Someone in the opposition team? :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2013, 02:54 PM
That is a shame. Good luck Ivan.

No it's not, he's hardly kicked a ball since he came back. Rather than being a shame it's a good move for Hibs to free up a wage that can be used on a player who will maybe contribute to the team.

Good luck for the future Ivan but not sorry to see you go second time around.

hibee_girl
08-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Will be gutted to see him go, more so for non football reasons but still, gutted! :greengrin

MacBean
08-01-2013, 02:56 PM

Very good news.:aok:

Speedway
08-01-2013, 03:02 PM
He was supposed to sign this morning but unfortunately as he approached the ground he didn't look up, over-ran and went out for a goal kick.

happiehibbie
08-01-2013, 03:08 PM

Agent Mabury

muzzhfc
08-01-2013, 03:22 PM

dont worry, i am sure there will be a youngster coming through who we can harras and hinder

PatHead
08-01-2013, 03:27 PM

If you sit in the Famous 5 lower close to the East terracing you can join the "experts" in having a go at Spoony. They do my head in every week.

hibsbollah
08-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Ibrox. All that needs to be said really.

Ivan:not worth

Godsahibby
08-01-2013, 03:45 PM
That was almost to easy!!!:wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Maybe his signing will get rained off at the last minute and then he will look for compensation??

IWasThere2016
08-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Ibrox. All that needs to be said really.

Ivan:not worth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GySIAOO8PZE&playnext=1&list=PL689CE49562ED1623&feature=results_video

The Green Goblin
08-01-2013, 03:56 PM
All the best to him at his new club.

Pretty Boy
08-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Good luck to him.

Gave a lucky 900 or so one of our best days supporting Hibs.

Of course if you believe everyone on here there was at least 30 000 in the Hibs end that day.

R'Albin
08-01-2013, 04:02 PM
He was supposed to sign this morning but unfortunately as he approached the ground he didn't look up, over-ran and went out for a goal kick.

:hilarious

hibsbollah
08-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Good luck to him.

Gave a lucky 900 or so one of our best days supporting Hibs.

Of course if you believe everyone on here there was at least 30 000 in the Hibs end that day.

I wasnt one of the 30,000 at the league game but i was one of the 7500 at the Cup game when he was tremendous as well, scoring a beauty and setting up OConnor for another. Still my favourite ever awayday.

I cant be doing with folk slagging Ivan. A blind man can see he has weaknesses but hes a proper fan, always gave everything and...Ibrox.

hfc rd
08-01-2013, 04:15 PM

Great news! I hope we get to sign him permanently when he is out of contract at the end of the season.

hibee_girl
08-01-2013, 04:21 PM
I wasnt one of the 30,000 at the league game but i was one of the 7500 at the Cup game when he was tremendous as well, scoring a beauty and setting up OConnor for another. Still my favourite ever awayday.

I cant be doing with folk slagging Ivan. A blind man can see he has weaknesses but hes a proper fan, always gave everything and...Ibrox.

:top marks

hfc rd
08-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Good luck to Ivan. The guy is not only a legend for that hattrick but a true gentlemen as well. He will always be given a good reception by all of us.

basehibby
08-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Good luck Ivan and thanks for the memories - always a legend in my eyes :not worth:thumbsup::flag:

gegs70
08-01-2013, 04:29 PM
If he does decide to go to Ross County, Good luck to Ivan brilliant player fastest Ive seen, brought a lot of happiness to hibs during his time with hibs!

Ell_Chrisso
08-01-2013, 04:38 PM

Red or Brown?

Sweet Left Peg
08-01-2013, 04:49 PM

That's funny cos it's true. A whole hearted player who gave us some thrills. Mainly in his first spell. He and Hibs will leave a lasting impression on each other. Sorry to see him go, but I think his time at Hibs has probably come to an end. If he were to score against us in the future, I doubt he would celebrate. The next minute, he would probably hit the corner flag though. Still, wish all out players had his passion and commitment to the jersey.

lucky
08-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Ivan has not been great this time round. But he could still do a job coming on as an impact player. Sad to see him go.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Ivan has not been great this time round. But he could still do a job coming on as an impact player. Sad to see him go.

As much as i'd like to agree with you, thats just not been the case since he returned imo.

Fergos
08-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Ivan hasnt been at his best second time round....but he has became a proper Hibee and we recognise his passion for our Hibernian.

i amongst many will miss the wee man - if indeed he is on his travels....always accepted back at the Leith San Siro......

and Ibrox.......never forgotten. 3 nil to the Hibees.

GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2013, 08:44 PM
As much as i'd like to agree with you, thats just not been the case since he returned imo.

Agree, he has really found it hard getting game time, and even as a sub he has not really impacted the game when he has come on....(I did think he stretched the merricks in cup tie, but that's about it for me)........

Cod Boy
08-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Lyle Taylor from Falkirk is a rumor going about

TheReg!
08-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Lee Taylor likes to score Hatricks.......Petrie!

hfc rd
08-01-2013, 08:55 PM

My mate at work who is a Falkirk season ticket holder told me this morning that ourselves and another SPL club (rumoured to be Dundee United are interested in this lad). Very similar player to Farid El Alagui who has great upper strength and knows where the goal is. Scored something like 14 goals in 18 appearances this season. Only 22 years old.

Paisley Hibby
08-01-2013, 08:57 PM

Unlike others I agree with you. Got a feeling this might coome back to haunt us...

JeMeSouviens
08-01-2013, 09:01 PM

Sounds good on ... http://tellhimhespele.com/?p=3523

Fergus52
09-01-2013, 09:00 PM

agree, looks like he'd be a good buy, if we can.

Speedway
10-01-2013, 10:30 AM
I believe Ivan is now officially a gonner.

MrSmith
10-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Oh well, good luck Ivan.

easty
10-01-2013, 10:38 AM

Looks like that midget linesman is drawing something on his back in that photo.

pontius pilate
10-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Good luck Ivan

Last Minute
10-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Hibernian are interested in this guy from leeds utd Davide Enrico Somma, from rumours site.

Anyone heard anything and if the guy is any good.

bingo70
10-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Hibernian are interested in this guy from leeds utd Davide Enrico Somma, from rumours site.

Anyone heard anything and if the guy is any good.

If its from that website I can pretty much guarantee you its a lot of nonsense. Someone's probably signed him on football manager and posted it on there

Last Minute
10-01-2013, 11:42 AM
If its from that website I can pretty much guarantee you its a lot of nonsense. Someone's probably signed him on football manager and posted it on there

Good, was a bit woried when i heard this, as thought it would be for not getting Leigh back. hope the wee man signs for us :pfgwa

Sergio sledge
10-01-2013, 12:21 PM

That photos deserves to be a caption competition...

Johnny_Leith
11-01-2013, 04:42 AM
Heard there is a potential loan signing from America, former ger, played in Turkey and England. We would be bouyed by his signing if true.

BT58
11-01-2013, 06:51 AM
Boydy??, thot he was heading back to his beloved gers
Bt

pontius pilate
11-01-2013, 07:01 AM
Strange I mentioned both boydy and kenny miller yesterday and thought it would never happen boydy is out of contract now and a loan with us then back to sevco in the summer would prob be the more realistic chance

matty_f
11-01-2013, 07:05 AM
Boydy??, thot he was heading back to his beloved gers
Bt

Are Rangers allowed loanees?

Is their credit rating good enough? :tee hee:

pontius pilate
11-01-2013, 07:06 AM
But could they not sign him in the summer. So therefore we are getting him sharp and fit for them to snap him up

Aldo
11-01-2013, 07:40 AM
But could they not sign him in the summer. So therefore we are getting him sharp and fit for them to snap him up

They can't sign anyone till Sept ( I think)

FWIW Boyd (If fit) would be an excellent addition

500miles
11-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Can we stop referring to that fat hun as "Boydy"? He's a shiftless prick, and suffering from Derek Riordan syndrome in the states - the poor condition he kept himself in throughout his career has accelerated his professional decline.

Craig_in_Prague
11-01-2013, 08:00 AM
Can we stop referring to that fat hun as "Boydy"? He's a shiftless prick, and suffering from Derek Riordan syndrome in the states - the poor condition he kept himself in throughout his career has accelerated his professional decline.

Agree, would rather we get Handling or Caldwell more game time, if we 'protect' them for too long, they won't progress at all.

gegs70
11-01-2013, 08:39 AM
Agree, would rather we get Handling or Caldwell more game time, if we 'protect' them for too long, they won't progress at all.

I agree why would get another short term fix in boyd, he would possibly cost a huge amount of cash too. However if we dont keep Leigh we will have lost our goal threat. Boyd has no real pace and doesnt have the same workrate.

Alfred E Newman
11-01-2013, 08:51 AM
Why would we want Boyd ? He is fat and lazy and does nothing else but score goals just like these other wasters that we have had to suffer like Harper, McLeod ,Nish and Riordan. Give me a headless chicken any day.:greengrin

500miles
11-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Why would we want Boyd ? He is fat and lazy and does nothing else but score goals just like these other wasters that we have had to suffer like Harper, McLeod ,Nish and Riordan. Give me a headless chicken any day.:greengrin

Funnily enough all these players have had a similar scoring record over the last year or so.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Harper, McLeod ,Nish and Riordan.

Dearie me! Spot the odd one out!

Bobo
11-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Dearie me! Spot the odd one out!

Aye, Harper was a wee turd :greengrin

Ritchie
11-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Aye, Harper was a wee turd :greengrin

RACIST!!!.....................

:wink:

Bobo
11-01-2013, 03:05 PM
RACIST!!!.....................

:wink:

Not wee Kevin ..... Fat Joe

BT58
11-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Ffs i answer a question by calling him boydy,,where did i say i wanted him???
We need more firepower , but not him
Bt

EuanH78
12-01-2013, 10:21 AM

not wee kevin ..... Fat joe

fatist!!! :)

joe_hfc
13-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Any truth in the Boyd rumour? Would be happy if true, would bang in the goals

CRAZYHIBBY
13-01-2013, 09:59 AM
I heard we are signing someone before the transfer window closes

cam75
13-01-2013, 10:06 AM
David wotherspoon to be offered new contract,bbc gossip ?

leither17
13-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Danny Galbraith to be offered new contract,bbc gossip ?

Witherspoon it says on mine

jonny
13-01-2013, 11:30 AM
David wotherspoon to be offered new contract,bbc gossip ?

Hope so. He's been steadily improving this year and whilst still only 22 (for a few more days) can still be regarded as one for the future.
I'd like to see him tied up on a lengthy deal.

pogo
13-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Anyone spot the Hibernian Fan Page on Facebook? Rumour of David Obua to Hibs! If you google him it comes up David Obua salary, allegedly on 8000 a week!! Well worth it!!!

SteveHFC
13-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Anyone spot the Hibernian Fan Page on Facebook? Rumour of David Obua to Hibs! If you google him it comes up David Obua salary, allegedly on 8000 a week!! Well worth it!!!

This would be a fantastic signing :thumbsup::greengrin

hibeequinn
13-01-2013, 01:37 PM
is that the ex jambo.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Dinkydoo
13-01-2013, 10:13 PM
David Obua was awful when he played for Hearts.

scoopyboy
14-01-2013, 10:31 AM
From a trusted source from Falkirk.

Lyle Taylor is a target and likely to be coming.

SMAXXA
14-01-2013, 10:32 AM

This window Scoopy?

hibeequinn
14-01-2013, 10:33 AM
yeah this window a was speaking to a lot of fans on Saturday and they said he will defo be in the spl this window meant to be 3 teams wanting him.

scoopyboy
14-01-2013, 10:35 AM
This window Scoopy?

Supposedly.

Cash + player or players.

I could maybe see Ross Caldwell or Danny Handling going on loan for the rest of the season if this comes off.

Kuqi perhaps:greengrin

Falkirk wouldn't be a bad club for one or more of our yougsters to improve at IMO.

SMAXXA
14-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Supposedly.

Cash + player or players.

I could maybe see Ross Caldwell or Danny Handling going on loan for the rest of the season if this comes off.

Kuqi perhaps:greengrin

Falkirk wouldn't be a bad club for one or more of our yougsters to improve at IMO.

Yeah I totally agree, would also be good to strike up some good working relations with them as they seem to be bringing through some good players the last couple of years.

I would be happy to see Cadwell or Danny go, probs prefer Ross tbh. Shefki would be funny if that was the case :greengrin

hibeequinn
14-01-2013, 10:43 AM
a heard a rumour Caldwell is wanted by Murray.

Speedway
14-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Kuqi has an option on his deal for a further year with us. Anyone know what the criteria is for it to be triggered?

Leishy1995
14-01-2013, 10:45 AM
who was it on here who said we should look at the lad Doris from Arbroath, Birmingham taking a look according to the record, apparently had a trial and impressed.

JimBHibees
14-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Kuqi has an option on his deal for a further year with us. Anyone know what the criteria is for it to be triggered?

To start a league game. :greengrin

joe_hfc
14-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Lyle could be a good signing!

JimBHibees
14-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Hearing more whispers about Boyd! Got sent this too, wiki says his agent is in talks? Hope so

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris_Boyd

Personally would hope not. Stinking attitude IMO.

joe_hfc
14-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Personally would hope not. Stinking attitude IMO.

Got deleted on wiki so was probably crap! I'd have him ahead of Lyle Taylor if we had the option, but reckonLT could be good for us, a different option up front.

Aldo
14-01-2013, 11:54 AM

Friends are Falkirk fans and the rate this boy highly. 6ft 2 got a bit about him and apparantly scores for fun (albeit it its Div 1)

MoscowHibs
14-01-2013, 12:03 PM

Tae score a ********* goal might help.

Lmc2105
14-01-2013, 12:12 PM
who was it on here who said we should look at the lad Doris from Arbroath, Birmingham taking a look according to the record, apparently had a trial and impressed.

A shall take the credit for that one thanks :wink:

Nah in all serious .. a just thought that he had a blinder against Celtic and had their back 4 in the his pocket all game, His strength and the way he held up the ball was fantastic and thought he was maybe worth a look!

but according to a some on here .. we need to look a bit higher :rolleyes::greengrin

Stevie Reid
14-01-2013, 12:14 PM

Nah in all serious .. a just thought that he had a blinder against Celtic and had their back 4 in the his pocket all game, His strength and the way he held up the ball was fantastic and thought he was maybe worth a look!

but according to a some on here .. we need to look a bit higher :rolleyes::greengrin

I spoke to Danny Rennie (lovely guy) who plays for Arbroath over the Christmas period - he reckoned that Doris is the best player in that division.

JimBHibees
14-01-2013, 12:16 PM
I spoke to Danny Rennie (lovely guy) who plays for Arbroath over the Christmas period - he reckoned that Doris is the best player in that division.

Doris certainly looked good in the cup tie v Celtic.

Lmc2105
14-01-2013, 12:18 PM

Hopefully that's what fenlon is now looking for ... and telling the Scouts their are players that can enhance our squad from the lower divisions, As someone said at the weekend their was 8 SPL scouts at the QOS game at the weekend taking a look at am assuming was the winger and the striker, Reilly and carmicheal i would easily have all 3 in the hibs team!

but doris has something with out a doubt as he kind of reminds me of a stephen dobbie. :greengrin

SMAXXA
14-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Why do we always seem to wait till the latter part of the transfer window to make signings? I would have thought all the players would have been identified, existing clubs notified and deals struck, possibly just personal terms to be agreed?

Thats us nalf way thorugh the window and still no signings. Dont get me wrong im not moaning about it just would have thought things would have been sorted sooner. Possibly players waiting to see what offers they get and hedging their bets till the end of the window?

JeMeSouviens
14-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Why do we always seem to wait till the latter part of the transfer window to make signings? I would have thought all the players would have been identified, existing clubs notified and deals struck, possibly just personal terms to be agreed?

Thats us nalf way thorugh the window and still no signings. Dont get me wrong im not moaning about it just would have thought things would have been sorted sooner. Possibly players waiting to see what offers they get and hedging their bets till the end of the window?

Players and clubs hedging. You line up player A but you have to shift player B to be able to afford him. Player B is waiting on club C to shift player D so you're hamstrung and in the meantime player A gets sounded out by clubs F and Q. So you hang on to B on the offchance you can't get A and etc etc etc. ...

You end up missing the window, having to pay off A and signing Kuqi. :rolleyes:

Dashing Bob S
14-01-2013, 01:11 PM

No doubt about it, that was certain Dorris's day. But will we sign him...que sera, sera.

Hibee87
14-01-2013, 02:02 PM
OK before im shot I know its from football-rumours and prob a loady pish but this was posted on the QPR page:

QPR are to see one player come in and one player leave Loftus Road.
Nottingham Forest striker Simon Cox will undergo a medical at Rangers after a deal just under Ģ3 million was accepted late last night.
Leaving QPR is DJ Campbell. The former Hayes & Yeading striker has asked manager Harry Redknapp to leave as he feels he won't be getting much first team football. The 31 year old is in talks with Scottish club Hibernian over a loan deal until the end of the season.

Jones28
14-01-2013, 02:14 PM
OK before im shot I know its from football-rumours and prob a loady pish but this was posted on the QPR page:

Nottingham Forest striker Simon Cox will undergo a medical at Rangers after a deal just under Ģ3 million was accepted late last night.
Leaving QPR is DJ Campbell. The former Hayes & Yeading striker has asked manager Harry Redknapp to leave as he feels he won't be getting much first team football. The 31 year old is in talks with Scottish club Hibernian over a loan deal until the end of the season.

Are rangers still banned from signing? That's the impression I was under anyway.

Dj Campbell on loan would be a terrific signing

offshorehibby
14-01-2013, 02:28 PM

Are rangers still banned from signing? That's the impression I was under anyway.

Dj Campbell on loan would be a terrific signing

I think he meant Queens Park Rangers