PDA

View Full Version : Average Attendance

Kaff
30-12-2012, 11:03 PM
After 12 home games we are at 11,411 (obviously fortunate to have the SC tie against THEM, but this includes 3 Cat A games)
2011/12 Average after 12 games 9868 (3 Cat A games but i never included the home SCLC tie against Berwick 4,000 crowd). Average for season 10046 (22 games)
2010/11 Average 11882 (4 Cat A games) Average for season 10,923 (21 games)

If we stay in the top 6 then we've got both Celtic and Hearts at home and a home SC game against Aberdeen

If we were to average 14,000 at these 3 games then we should be able to keep our average at the 11,500 mark for the season. Big finish for 2nd/3rd would surely see this increase.

...WentToMowAnSPL
30-12-2012, 11:04 PM
I guess this would rely on Hearts making it into the top 6 ???

greenlex
30-12-2012, 11:06 PM
I guess this would rely on Hearts making it into the top 6 ???
Naw we've got them at home again pre split.

...WentToMowAnSPL
30-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Lol ! Epic fail :-)

Kaff
30-12-2012, 11:18 PM

Hopefully a good result on Thurs and that will boost this home game, not sure whats happening tv wise with the Aberdeen game but i'm hoping we can really push the gates at these 3 matches, Celtic isnt a game to be worried about!

Its probably the extra season books sold but its still all part of a feelgood factor

Sir David Gray
31-12-2012, 12:04 AM

It's not til March though.

Will they make it until then? :dunno:

iwasthere1972
31-12-2012, 02:00 AM
It's not til March though.

Will they make it until then? :dunno:

Only if Ross County give them the four grand they paid to stay in an Inverness hostel. Four grand.......aye sure.

Brooster
31-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Hopefully a good result on Thurs and that will boost this home game, not sure whats happening tv wise with the Aberdeen game but i'm hoping we can really push the gates at these 3 matches, Celtic isnt a game to be worried about!

Its probably the extra season books sold but its still all part of a feelgood factor

Kaff - the Aberdeen cup game is on tv on the Sunday at 3.15 which will have an impact on the crowd but hopefully we can still get 13k plus.

Pretty Boy
31-12-2012, 09:56 AM
Kaff - the Aberdeen cup game is on tv on the Sunday at 3.15 which will have an impact on the crowd but hopefully we can still get 13k plus.

Reckon Aberdeen will bring 2k plus which should help.

The Scottish Cup usually sees them bring the kind of crowds their fans would have you believe they take every week.

superfurryhibby
31-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Reckon Aberdeen will bring 2k plus which should help.

The Scottish Cup usually sees them bring the kind of crowds their fans would have you believe they take every week.
There are some on here who believe they take a bigger support to away games than us. The stats say otherwise.

hibs4thecup1988
31-12-2012, 11:23 AM
There are some on here who believe they take a bigger support to away games than us. The stats say otherwise.

I don't know where people say this....

But can you get stats? I would say Aberdeen possibly DO take more to away games than us. Kilmarnock you are lucky if we had 200...

If you can get stats I would like to see :-)

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-12-2012, 11:30 AM

Apparently they had a flock of 4,000 for the away game at Dundee just gone.

HibeeN
31-12-2012, 11:57 AM
They seem to take more to Easter Road than we do to Pittodrie, but that might have something to do with the fact we always seem to be playing them at 12.30 on a Sunday up there!

marinello59
31-12-2012, 12:02 PM
They seem to take more to Easter Road than we do to Pittodrie, but that might have something to do with the fact we always seem to be playing them at 12.30 on a Sunday up there!

They definitely take more to ER than we take up there. (Not as many as they seem to think though.) It's nothing to do with when games are played, more that the distance from Edinburgh to Aberdeen is apparently a lot longer than the distance from Aberdeen to Edinburgh. :greengrin

GoldenEagle
31-12-2012, 12:29 PM
For the cup game Aberdeen will easily bring down 2,500.

Technofob
31-12-2012, 12:46 PM

But can you get stats? I would say Aberdeen possibly DO take more to away games than us. Kilmarnock you are lucky if we had 200...

The dons supporters think that they have a lot of fans in the central belt and that boosts their away support - but as you say, is there any statistics to back this up?

Kaff
31-12-2012, 01:16 PM

Cheers Brooster, saw that time on official site but wasnt sure it was subject to change. That works well for me, think all four of us will be there.
As you say 13k would be good and the other Cat A games above 14-15k is entirely feasible

Back of a fag packet calculation would mean 1500 extra for 20 games @ £20 would be approx £600,000. Eats into the £1m deficit but we'd likely need to beat the sheep to really make an impact i suppose

Brooster
31-12-2012, 02:20 PM

We had 381 at killie.

hibs4thecup1988
31-12-2012, 02:30 PM
We had 381 at killie.

I stand corrected. But I would think Aberdeen would take more? I grew up seeing aberdeen filling that south stand regularly

Shrekko
31-12-2012, 04:00 PM
I stand corrected. But I would think Aberdeen would take more? I grew up seeing aberdeen filling that south stand regularly

I'd be prepared to bet that if there were stats that Aberdeen would have a much bigger away support than us in the past 3/4 years. We used to carry good crowds but not any more- or very rarely.

Ozyhibby
31-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Cheers Brooster, saw that time on official site but wasnt sure it was subject to change. That works well for me, think all four of us will be there.
As you say 13k would be good and the other Cat A games above 14-15k is entirely feasible

Back of a fag packet calculation would mean 1500 extra for 20 games @ £20 would be approx £600,000. Eats into the £1m deficit but we'd likely need to beat the sheep to really make an impact i suppose

Finish third as opposed to 11th and the defecit is almost wiped out with prize money. Finish second and we are looking at a nice profit.

Houchy
02-01-2013, 03:47 PM
I'd be prepared to bet that if there were stats that Aberdeen would have a much bigger away support than us in the past 3/4 years. We used to carry good crowds but not any more- or very rarely.

I'd also say that you need to factor in how many dons fans live in Edinburgh
and surrounding areas. I've got at least 30 friends and friends of friends living in Edinburgh and West Lothian. I'm not saying that those 30 people make a huge difference but you still get a lot of Aberdeen fans due to their successes in the 80's. Basically the original glory hunters:agree:

Part/Time Supporter
02-01-2013, 04:00 PM
The dons supporters think that they have a lot of fans in the central belt and that boosts their away support - but as you say, is there any statistics to back this up?

That is true but nowhere near as much as was the case 10-15 years ago (ie as their 1980s success becomes more distant).

superfurryhibby
02-01-2013, 04:13 PM
I'd also say that you need to factor in how many dons fans live in Edinburgh
and surrounding areas. I've got at least 30 friends and friends of friends living in Edinburgh and West Lothian. I'm not saying that those 30 people make a huge difference but you still get a lot of Aberdeen fans due to their successes in the 80's. Basically the original glory hunters:agree:

THat is the reason why they take more to ER than we do to the sheep pen. There was some debate about this on another thread a few weeks ago. I just looked at attendances at Fir Park for the Sheeps, Hearts and Us. The evidence from the past few seasons was unequivocal, both Edinburgh clubs take a bigger away crowd.

As for the Killie, I remember the last time I went there we pretty much filled the away stand, the game in which Boozy was done. It was a boxing day game IIRC.