PDA

View Full Version : Missed oppurtunity

Ozyhibby
30-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Great Crowd yesterday which created a great atmosphere. However if we were to make the south end of the main stand available to away fans then we could have had a sell out which would have made an even better atmosphere.
It would have also generated an extra £75k in ticket sales and extra catering sales.
With two visits from Celtic a year this extra money would allow us to bring in an extra player at the top of our wage structure. When Sevco make it to the Spl for the first time it becomes two extra players.
I don't think that we should be turning our nose up at such easy extra revenue potential.
I've ignored Hearts as I don't think there we be a Hearts much longer.

clerriehibs
30-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Great Crowd yesterday which created a great atmosphere. However if we were to make the south end of the main stand available to away fans then we could have had a sell out which would have made an even better atmosphere.
It would have also generated an extra £75k in ticket sales and extra catering sales.
With two visits from Celtic a year this extra money would allow us to bring in an extra player at the top of our wage structure. When Sevco make it to the Spl for the first time it becomes two extra players.
I don't think that we should be turning our nose up at such easy extra revenue potential.

We used to do that in the 'old' days.

It made me sick.

ancient hibee
30-12-2012, 03:46 PM
not bl**dy likely.

lord bunberry
30-12-2012, 03:48 PM
More wins like yesterday and we will need all the seats for our own fans

GoldenEagle
30-12-2012, 03:49 PM
If we can't sell out our own then it's a yes for me.
I wouldn't sell ST's either for west nr south as we could then close the south for games v ict, 'Well etc who bring about 250 fans.

allezsauzee
30-12-2012, 03:50 PM
This would involve evicting the season ticket holders in this area as well as posing a bit of a logistical problem with regards to segregation so i can't see this happening

WheresTheBevvy?
30-12-2012, 03:51 PM
no way am i letting some smelly glory hunting tramp have my seat...

if we did that it then we may as well give them the hole east and put everyone in the FF and west, again not many people would be up for that either.

i can see where youre coming from but na not for me

Ozyhibby
Fair enough, just thought another couple of players of the quality of Griffiths and Mcpake would be handy.

clerriehibs
If we can't sell out our own then it's a yes for me.
I wouldn't sell ST's either for west nr south as we could then close the south for games v ict, 'Well etc who bring about 250 fans.

And give the infirm and hertz the opportunity to make even more noise for their team at OUR ground ... :rolleyes:

Broken Gnome
30-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Those 1,500 GFITW might well have been the catalyst for a comeback...

I know the money argument, but nah. I wouldn't underestimate the effect over 5,000 jaked OF fans could have on a result.

WheresTheBevvy?
30-12-2012, 03:59 PM
there was a thread about st. jonstone and Killie giving 2 or 3 stands to the filth this and last season and the posts some people were using was bang on.

we give to much respect to celtic and Old co when they came to ER e.g. saval fans getting in to the Hibs club before and after, pissing all over the place, druged out there heads and even fighting with our fans. we dont get in anywhere near park head so why should they get in the HC.

Twiglet
30-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Rod Petrie would rather have a smaller crowd than give the away support 1 seat in our end and give the away team even the tiniest bit more lift from their support in the stands.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-12-2012, 04:14 PM
There was a good few Celtc fans in the East on Saturday. From what I could make out, there was a fair bit of home fans selling their freebie tickets.

Hibbyradge
30-12-2012, 04:24 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?252917-Is-there-a-way-for-Hibs-to-maximise-the-gate-revenue-from-away-fans-at-Easter-Road

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2012, 04:27 PM
No chance, I find it hard to stomach any of that lot at Easter Road never mind more of them. It also just makes it more like a home match for them. During the Calderwood time Easter Road was an easy place to come for away teams, Fenlon is now turning that around very well and this would be a step in the wrong direction.

basehibby
30-12-2012, 04:34 PM
What needs to be the focus is ensuring those 3000 odd seats are filled up with HIBS fans in the future - they are out there and only need to be enticed back with a regular recipe of entertainment and success on the pitch.

Dishing them out to the smellies and such like would be giving up the ghost and would lack ambition.

Hermit Crab
30-12-2012, 04:39 PM

Bolt.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2012, 04:56 PM
No thank you.

As I said in a thread the other day on this very subject, there was already too many Celtic fans inside Easter Road yesterday for my liking without allowing even more of them in.

jgl07
30-12-2012, 05:36 PM

Lunatic idea. It clearly hasn't been thought through. There will be not league matches against Sevco for a year or two. As for Hearts they rarely sell out the whole of the South Stand.

There is only one guaranteed visit for Celtic this season.

So you are advocating disrupting large numbers of Hibs season ticket holders and regular walk up supporters for a possible one or two matches a season where extra tickets could be sold. I am dubious as to whether many extra sales would materialize. The days of massive away followings are gone from Scottish Football especially as most Category A matches will be televised and moved to a silly kick-off times. There will be not league matches against Sevco for a year or two. They will probably boycott Easter Road anyway. As for Hearts they rarely sell out the whole of the South Stand unless they think they can win.

If you really think thast Hibs could sign an extra player out of a couple of thousand ticket sales, I suggest that you produce the figures.

The West (Main) Stand was not built for segregation and would require extensive alterations. It would also mean that the Hibs supporters in the West being held back for half an hour after the match. I can still remember this happening in the days of the old Centre Stand.

It clearly hasn't dawned on those who push this stupidity that Hibs' should aim to build their own support rather than trying to feed off the OF.

marinello59
30-12-2012, 06:18 PM
How many of those proposing giving part of the Lower West to away fans actually sit there? Segregation would be impossible, the concourse is too small. Unlike the East which is designed for it. I doubt very much that the demand would exist other than in a once in a blue moon title clinching match for one of the Weegie teams.
Personally I would love to have a mixed family section as a precursor to ending segregation anyway. How pathetic is it that we can't be trusted to watch a football match near opposing fans. We complain enough about matches being over policed don't we which suggests the majority of us are capable of behaving like civilised human beings, even at the fitba.

Allez Hibs
30-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Shocking OP

Speedy
30-12-2012, 06:48 PM
This would involve evicting the season ticket holders in this area as well as posing a bit of a logistical problem with regards to segregation so i can't see this happening

Extra policing costs, empty seats for segregation and angry hibs fans.

It's a no from me.

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2012, 06:56 PM
A small club mentality idea................no chance

ScottB
30-12-2012, 07:10 PM
To be honest I'd think the smarter strategy would be giving away fans of the clubs who bring hardly any fans the south end of the West and having the away stand shut. This would save money, and I can't think there'd be trouble having our support mixing with Ross County or St Mirren fans, where as having Old Firm fans roaming about in the West sounds like a recipe for trouble...

AlbertK86
30-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Lets sell it out by reducing the prices

£15 for adults and £5 for concessions would get far more folk back

ScottB
30-12-2012, 07:43 PM

But make a lot less money, nearly 17,000 yesterday at around £30 a head, or a few thousand more paying half that...

CropleyWasGod
30-12-2012, 08:35 PM

John Boyle-onomics. :greengrin

clerriehibs
30-12-2012, 08:54 PM
But make a lot less money, nearly 17,000 yesterday at around £30 a head, or a few thousand more paying half that...

There would have been about 4k there on a freebie.

Speedy
30-12-2012, 09:01 PM
There would have been about 4k there on a freebie.

Even 13000 at £30 a head would make more than a sell out at £15.

greenlex
30-12-2012, 09:10 PM
QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;3459230]John Boyle-onomics. :greengrin[/QUOTE]
:agree: It's like Groundhog Day.

CropleyWasGod
30-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Even 13000 at £30 a head would make more than a sell out at £15.

Not to mention the revolt that there would be from ST holders. :wink:

WindyMiller
30-12-2012, 09:42 PM
There would have been about 4k there on a freebie.I though all the freebies were sold to Celtc fans?