PDA

View Full Version : Question Where are all the Celtic Supporters

down-the-slope
30-12-2012, 02:39 PM
last few years we normally get a number of patronising (at least that how it seems now) Celtic supporters on to tell us how good / unlucky Hibs were when they have beaten us narrowly.....

Have I missed them congratulating us :wink: (Even Lenny gave some credit to us)

BT58
30-12-2012, 02:45 PM
(Even Lenny gave some credit to us)
i was listening to radio scotland traveling back from match and he was talking to chick hun,,,he never gave us any credit at all
it was all about his mistakes in team formations,,,he reckoned they should have won by 3 at least,,,i hate that ginger scrote
was he not the same when we drew 2-2 at darkheid:na na::na na::na na:
bt

BT58
30-12-2012, 02:55 PM
should have also said that it was actually Murdo who gave HIBS lots of credit and totally disagreed what lennon said
bt

The_Sauz
31-12-2012, 09:50 AM
" Great Match & a great atmosphere and congratulations to Hibs" was what he said :wink:

Bostonhibby
31-12-2012, 10:20 AM
[QUOTE (Even Lenny gave some credit to us)
i was listening to radio scotland traveling back from match and he was talking to chick hun,,,he never gave us any credit at all
it was all about his mistakes in team formations,,,he reckoned they should have won by 3 at least,,,i hate that ginger scrote
bt[/QUOTE]

This goes against my natural instincts but I have met Neil Lennon through a mutual contact, he was a really quiet thoughtful guy, great company, had a lot of good things to say about Hibs and his knowledge about us was good but unexpected. Chatted away for about an hour or so, talked a bit about his friendship with Martin O'Neill. I guess he is what every club needs when he wears his professional hat - a winner who doesn't like losing.

Wouldn't expect him to be happy after this one as we were first to most balls and squeezed them all over the park, they didn't play badly we were just better.

down-the-slope
31-12-2012, 10:29 AM
" Great Match & a great atmosphere and congratulations to Hibs" was what he said :wink:

:agree: as well as saying they did not play badly...thats as much credit as ive ever heard him give...

BOT....where are all the Celtic supporters congratulating us :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-12-2012, 11:00 AM
They are maybe all skulking around the away end at Dens Park, searching for their lost dignity.

Pretty Boy
31-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Neil Lennon is a decent guy and was magnanimous in defeat without being patronizing.

As for Celtic supporters.......**** them.

Dashing Bob S
31-12-2012, 11:28 AM
bt

This goes against my natural instincts but I have met Neil Lennon through a mutual contact, he was a really quiet thoughtful guy, great company, had a lot of good things to say about Hibs and his knowledge about us was good but unexpected. Chatted away for about an hour or so, talked a bit about his friendship with Martin O'Neill. I guess he is what every club needs when he wears his professional hat - a winner who doesn't like losing.

Wouldn't expect him to be happy after this one as we were first to most balls and squeezed them all over the park, they didn't play badly we were just better.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this assessment of Lennon, whom I've met twice and who comes across a very gracious and decent human being. His media image doesn't do him justice but I doubt he cares about that, he's just driven to do the best for his club. Kenny Shiels, who I met just once, seems exactly the same.

Sadly I think because the Northern Ireland accent is psychologically associated with republican and loyalist terror spokesmen in our culture, those guys provoke a stronger reaction than would probably be the case otherwise - and Lennon is a ginger nut so therefore undoubtedly deserves to be vilified.

Keith_M
31-12-2012, 11:53 AM
I personally feel that Lennon's 'unlikeability scale' has gone down quite a few points since 'SPL Rangers' were replace with '3rd Div The Rangers'.

It now makes me wonder how much of what he did and said was pressure from the OF Effect.

stoneyburn hibs
31-12-2012, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE (Even Lenny gave some credit to us)
bt[/QUOTE]

Lennon definitely did say congratulations to Hibs.

McD
31-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Has that daftie Jack Regan been banned? Haven't seen his cantseepasttheendofmylessergreennose slaverings in a while

BT58
31-12-2012, 12:40 PM
i only heard Murdo Macleod praising hibs,,,maybe leenon did praise them, but i did not hear him
if others did then hey ho
bt

Franck Stanton
31-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Who cares what Lennon and the great unwashed "we are the best supporters in the world" [oh really], have to say. We won, they didnae. Enough said.

JohnStephens91
31-12-2012, 01:54 PM
I got a Christmas card from a regular in the pub I work in that said "apologies in advance for the defeat on the 29th" and since the game I've never seen him because he knows what is coming :wink:

SteveHFC
31-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Still coming back from Seviile? :na na:

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-12-2012, 02:14 PM
last few years we normally get a number of patronising (at least that how it seems now) Celtic supporters on to tell us how good / unlucky Hibs were when they have beaten us narrowly.....

I must admit that thats why pre-sevco I preferred The Huns to them if I had to choose. At least Rangers punters were quite openly hostile towards us instead of the patronising Hibs are my 2nd team pish!

Hibrandenburg
31-12-2012, 02:46 PM
I personally feel that Lennon's 'unlikeability scale' has gone down quite a few points since 'SPL Rangers' were replace with '3rd Div The Rangers'.

It now makes me wonder how much of what he did and said was pressure from the OF Effect.

I knew it, the Huns were to blame for Lennon being a knob! :agree:

Bostonhibby
31-12-2012, 05:58 PM
I knew it, the Huns were to blame for Lennon being a knob! :agree:

:no way: As has been pointed out on another thread, its not the huns any more, its the the huns, Do keep up :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
31-12-2012, 11:39 PM
:no way: As has been pointed out on another thread, its not the huns any more, its the the huns, Do keep up :greengrin

I beg to differ, they were the Huns when he was a knob and only became the cheeky sympathetic chappy after their demise. :-) Happy new year!