PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see this result/perfomance coming?

spike220
30-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Did anyone see this result/perfomance coming? Be honest now!

Did any one have any money on it?

GGTTH

Lucius Apuleius
30-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Said on the match thread 2-1 and also in the Predictor. :pfgwa

hfc rd
30-12-2012, 11:11 AM
I didn't hear about the result until my dad texted me it at 6pm. Was over the moon!

spike220
30-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Said on the match thread 2-1 and also in the Predictor. :pfgwa

Lucky guess or did you see coming?

hibs4thecup1988
30-12-2012, 11:16 AM
I backed Griffiths and 1-0 at 40/1...only £1 on it though cause it was my son's prediction

Also had Hibs or draw at 2/1 had £10 on it.

IT is typical Hibs to lose to "a lesser team" and then play one of the Old Firm and put on a performance.

So in a way yes I did see it coming.

bingo70
30-12-2012, 11:23 AM
I'd be lying if I said I'd thought we'd win but we dominated against Ross county without giving them any chances at goal other than a header from 18 yards out, we should have beat well after being 2 up, we beat hearts and totally dominated but had one of those days against Aberdeen so although results haven't been great at home the performances should have meant we were due to get something at some point.

hibee_girl
30-12-2012, 11:24 AM
I put the last £1 in my skybet account on us to win, won £8 and now wishing I'd put more on!

Lucius Apuleius
30-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Lucky guess or did you see coming?

Bit of both to be honest I suppose. I go into every Hibs game thinking we can win and i also refuse to put Hibs down for a defeat in the Predictors I do. Loses me lots of money :greengrin. Although, yes I did fancy a result and hoped for at least a draw.

trev the hat
30-12-2012, 11:44 AM
My mrs best pal ( who is a hibee ) had £15 @ 13/2 well done girl !!

lyonhibs
30-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Now that it has happened, when you think about it, it is typical Hibs behaviour.

But before the game, did I see it coming??? Not on your life after the Boxing Day fiasco.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2012, 01:09 PM
I thought we'd lose. :pfgwa

semaj64
30-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Thought we would score but celtic win 2-1 was my prediction.

Pretty Boy
30-12-2012, 01:15 PM
I thought we'd lose heavily. Delighted to be wrong.

Hibs problem over the years has been winning against the big teams but falling flat in the next game. We need the same performance against a diddy team like Hearts on Thursday or there could be an upset.

iwasthere1972
30-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Had a good feeling about this one for some unknown reason.

Hibercelona
30-12-2012, 01:20 PM
You can never confidently predict a Hibs game. Ever.

down-the-slope
30-12-2012, 01:27 PM
You can never confidently predict a Hibs game. Ever.

:agree:.....thats WHY we are Hibbies...you have to like your rides roller coaster style to stick with it :greengrin

iwasthere1972
30-12-2012, 01:29 PM
I looked in my crystal ball yesterday lunchtime and it was predicting that Hibs would win 1-0. It also predicted that they Yams would come back from Dingwall pointless and that their clapped out excuse for a team coach would arrive back in Edinburgh at 5pm. 5pm? I thought my crystal ball had malfunctioned and binned it. Luckily it was still in the bin this morning.

Bostonhibby
30-12-2012, 01:33 PM

GGTTH

Women are always right apparently - my wife predicted 1-0 Hibs, Griffiths to score - wanted a bet on it but as I never bet on Hibs didn't do it :boo hoo:

Still gloating!

HarpyHibby
30-12-2012, 01:37 PM
I had a tenner on us at 7/1 with ladbrokes online! Pinnacle were offering 8.4/1 but i couldnt be arsed creating yet another online acount.

CB_NO3
30-12-2012, 01:43 PM
I never seen that coming tbh. Mainly because perfomances have been very poor lately. I was giving Fenlon a hard time saying he never changes his gameplan and so on, then he goes and does it. To play the 3 in midfield was well thought out and it stopped Celtic dominating that area of the field. So well done Pat and well done to the players. Chuffed to bits.

Stevie Reid
30-12-2012, 01:45 PM
For both us and Celtic, results and performances this season have shown that such a result was far from impossible. Far too much had been made of our recent disappointing results, and the negativity from many had been ridiculous.

We have played Celtic twice this season and haven't lost, taking 4 points from them and winning at home against them for the first time since 2008. We have played Hearts twice at home this season and haven't lost, and beat them for the first time since 2009.

I'm pretty sure that many people said that they would consider an improvement in us to be steady progress in the league, more enjoyable games, with the odd big result - we have certainly had that so far.

NAE NOOKIE
30-12-2012, 01:45 PM
No. We were terrible in the second half against Motherwell and frustratingly inept against Ross County. TBH I thought we would get creamed yesterday.

Glad to be wrong of course, but we have to put in the same effort at the PBS or we will struggle to get a result.

Onwards and upwards.

GGTTH

:flag:

CallumLaidlaw
30-12-2012, 01:47 PM
I honestly fancied us for the draw. Celtic were on an excellent run, and we were struggling so expected them to go into it thinking it would be a relatively easy game, while we always tend to lift our game for the old firm.
Guy in my work offered me a bet and gave me the win and the draw, and I snapped his hand off, arrogant git :greengrin

HarpyHibby
30-12-2012, 04:31 PM
I had a tenner on us at 7/1 with ladbrokes online! Pinnacle were offering 8.4/1 but i couldnt be arsed creating yet another online acount.

Sudds_1
30-12-2012, 04:40 PM

GGTTH

^blush^

hibsbollah
30-12-2012, 04:59 PM
I never saw it coming at all, I expected a beasting to be honest.

it reminded me of winning 3-0 at Ibrox under Calderwood two years ago, we'd just lost three in a row including 0-2 to the yams in possibly the worst derby team ever assembled (hart, Grounds, Degraff, Trakys, Galbraith et al... Deeks got sent off for a swipe at Skacel). I left that game depressed beyond words and was convinced we'd get humped by rangers three days later in the midweek game. Never even considered going though, how wrong I was:flag:

Hibrandenburg
30-12-2012, 05:15 PM
No, never saw that coming. Felt we'd get humped good style. Made it all the better though.

ALF TUPPER
30-12-2012, 05:25 PM
No. I just couldnt see us winning this. Basing my assumption on our recent performances!

I was totally wrong. Great performance and result.
Sorry PF and the team.

Errrrm - Get it right up me !! Lol

Macaroon
30-12-2012, 10:12 PM
I said to my mate before the game that if we came out with some spine then we would scrape a 1-0 win. Not a word of a lie.

shetlandhibee
31-12-2012, 01:09 AM
I said hibs to win and griffiths score at 5 mins

Fergus52
31-12-2012, 01:34 AM
I never saw it coming at all, I expected a beasting to be honest.

it reminded me of winning 3-0 at Ibrox under Calderwood two years ago, we'd just lost three in a row including 0-2 to the yams in possibly the worst derby team ever assembled (hart, Grounds, Degraff, Trakys, Galbraith et al... Deeks got sent off for a swipe at Skacel). I left that game depressed beyond words and was convinced we'd get humped by rangers three days later in the midweek game. Never even considered going though, how wrong I was:flag:

I was there, the hibs support was tiny.

still one of my favourite matches that I've attended