PDA

View Full Version : All In All A Jolly Good Show

Dashing Bob S
29-12-2012, 11:04 PM
I damn well liked what I saw today from our lads. Not afraid to roll up those sleeves and get stuck in, and roared on by a passionate, boisterous crowd. The sort of days we need more of at ER. Yes, there have been some poor performances and flat games, but the two 1-0 wins against Hearts and Celtic have shown that if the occasion is right, we have the best support and most atmospheric stadium in the ruddy country.

I know people don't like giving them money, but lets pack out Tynecastle and have the chaps strolling out to a packed stand of green and white at that rather wretched old shack of a ground.

iwasthere1972
29-12-2012, 11:10 PM
I damn well liked what I saw today from our lads. Not afraid to roll up those sleeves and get stuck in, and roared on by a passionate, boisterous crowd. The sort of days we need more of at ER. Yes, there have been some poor performances and flat games, but the two 1-0 wins against Hearts and Celtic have shown that if the occasion is right, we have the best support and most atmospheric stadium in the ruddy country.

I know people don't like giving them money, but lets pack out Tynecastle and have the chaps strolling out to a packed stand of green and white at that rather wretched old shack of a ground.

Great post and all true. Derby is sold out so guaranteed to be noisy, hostile and smelly.

matty_f
29-12-2012, 11:31 PM

:top marks

Easter Road has been a terrific place to watch football for the big games. Credit to the singing section for that, but also to the rest of the crowd too. It would be outstanding if the team ran out to crowds like that more often, and how much better would going to the games be with that sort of atmosphere regularly.

The decision to build the East stand has been criticised on here but days like today and the derby show just what a good decision it was, and just how good it can be when enough supporters are in it.

leggeto
29-12-2012, 11:43 PM
best performance of the season for me,bring on the ****bos,and im no goin,****** hate the place:flag:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Quite!

Dashing Bob S
30-12-2012, 01:15 PM
:top marks

Easter Road has been a terrific place to watch football for the big games. Credit to the singing section for that, but also to the rest of the crowd too. It would be outstanding if the team ran out to crowds like that more often, and how much better would going to the games be with that sort of atmosphere regularly.

The decision to build the East stand has been criticised on here but days like today and the derby show just what a good decision it was, and just how good it can be when enough supporters are in it.

Yes I agree, even half full the new east is as good as the old east, thanks in the main to sect 43. But when it's full it's simply the most exciting 'end' in Scottish football.

Stevie Reid
30-12-2012, 05:50 PM
For all that they have all taken real stick in the last few years, yesterday was one day when the support, the board, the manager and the players could all feel proud of themselves.

Although the Saturday 3pm kick off undoubtedly helped, a crowd of almost 17,000 was definitely boosted by the free ticket initiative that was offered to ST renewals, and the East, like the whole stadium, was rocking - the management got the tactics spot on and the players stuck to the game plan and played superbly.

Let's give ourselves some credit.