PDA

View Full Version : Craig Thomson

Wheat Hound
29-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Great result today in spite of his best efforts to the contrary. The decisions to deny us a penalty in the second half even Doyle was clearly brought down and to give Celtic a corner when their player kneed the ball over the bar were disgraceful. What a fud.

monktonharp
29-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Great result today in spite of his best efforts to the contrary. The decisions to deny us a penalty in the second half even Doyle was clearly brought down and to give Celtic a corner when their player kneed the ball over the bar were disgraceful. What a fud.in a nutshell

Jonnyboy
Great result today in spite of his best efforts to the contrary. The decisions to deny us a penalty in the second half even Doyle was clearly brought down and to give Celtic a corner when their player kneed the ball over the bar were disgraceful. What a fud.

Trouble was that Doyle was inside the box :wink:

CropleyWasGod

Wasn't a penalty. Should have been a corner, but that was the linesman's call IMO.

JimBHibees
29-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Dont think the Doyle one was a pen think Izaguirre got the ball so should have been a corner. Thought Samaras clearly handled for the one that Ambrose missed.

Hiber-nation
29-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Wasn't a penalty. Should have been a corner, but that was the linesman's call IMO.

Agree, I was right in line with it.

The Ambrose corner decision is right up there with the worst I've ever seen.

brythehibby
29-12-2012, 10:09 PM

To be fair i think he realised he made a mistake with the ambrose one as he gave us a free kick for nowt as soon as the corner was taken.

Its all the niggly fouls with him that never seem to go our way. Won our last 3 games with him in charge now though!

pedroorange1875
29-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Second penalty shout i admit would have been very soft however i fully believe if it had been at the other end Thomson would have pointed at the spot before the Celtic player had hit the ground.

What is really surprising is the fact that not many of us are complaining about the first pen shout which was much stronger. As replay on Alba clearly shows, stonewall penalty with Rogne's right arm in an unnatural position and the ball clearly hitting the underside of his arm near the elbow.

Stick on pen

CropleyWasGod
29-12-2012, 10:11 PM
To be fair i think he realised he made a mistake with the ambrose one as he gave us a free kick for nowt as soon as the corner was taken.

Its all the niggly fouls with him that never seem to go our way. Won our last 3 games with him in charge now though!

That's how I saw it.

Dashing Bob S
29-12-2012, 10:11 PM
I believe he's a thoroughly detestable excuse for a human being. Though he did absolutely nothing to disabuse me of that impression today, in fairness to him, I doubt whether this is possible.

brythehibby
29-12-2012, 10:14 PM
That's how I saw it.

Think the reaction of our players made him realise his mistake and he levelled it with the free kick. Still dont want to see him anywhere near gorgie on thursday night mind you.

JimBHibees
29-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Think the reaction of our players made him realise his mistake and he levelled it with the free kick. Still dont want to see him anywhere near gorgie on thursday night mind you.

Collum is the ref.

bingo70
29-12-2012, 10:16 PM
I believe he's a thoroughly detestable excuse for a human being. Though he did absolutely nothing to disabuse me of that impression today, in fairness to him, I doubt whether this is possible.

:agree:

I know that the game needs referees and it's good that ***** footballers like me have got a way of still being involved and making it in the game but i bet that horrible prick grew up dreaming of ruining the good guys football matches when he got older.

jodjam
29-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Anyone watching the toss of the coin at the start. CT bounced it accidentally off JMcP shoulder. James laughed it off and pretended to make out he was offended. CT looked at him as if he was a bit of keek on his shoe.

Devilstorment
29-12-2012, 10:18 PM
The man is a clown total clown.

I thought it looked like a penalty but more because Doyle's shirt was being torn from him rather than because he was brought down.

Still Thomson is a clown

fife hfc
29-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Never a penalty but a clear corner. As for their corner I could not believe his decision.

markom127
29-12-2012, 10:19 PM
When will the SFA realise he will soon need protection going to and from ER :na na:

greenlex
29-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Should have had a pen first half. Hand ball. Hand was head hieght. He gave them a free kick 7 mins in on the edge of our box for hand ball even although Claros' hand was by his side. He doesnt even try to hide it now. :rolleyes:

LeighLoyal
29-12-2012, 10:22 PM
He could give us three pens against Celtic, wouldn't change he is a cheating Hearts b__d

matty_f
29-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Should have had a pen first half. Hand ball. Hand was head hieght. He gave them a free kick 7 mins in on the edge of our box for hand ball even although Claros' hand was by his side. He doesnt even try to hide it now. :rolleyes:

:agree: I was raging about that one. He's nowt but a cheat.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Nothing about Thomson's performance surprised me today. To be fair to him, I don't think he was helped at all by his linesmen especially the clown who was running the west stand. Even through my rose tinted prescription specs, i thought some of his calls were just plain wrong.

Purple & Green
29-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Collum is the ref.

Collum booked Ian Black at Hampden today...

hibbysam
29-12-2012, 10:46 PM
I was baffled a few times with Thomson's calls, the corner after Ambrose's sitter, The non corner when Izaguirre tackled Eoin, The handball of Claros on the edge of our box;

But I didn't think Thomson was horrendous, he never let Ambrose and Wanyama away with there diving every five minutes and although he never booked him he never let Samaras' moaning influence him.. Far from the worst Refereeing performance vs the Old Firm.

Magnifique
29-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Collum booked Ian Black at Hampden today...

Collum shouldn't be anywhere near The Rangers game, Div 3 have a certain grade of referee, they should be reffed by same grade, but oh no they whinge and SFA gives them top grade refs same old same old look after the *****

hibeedonald
29-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Craig Thomson not a cheat, just a very **** referee!

500miles
29-12-2012, 11:27 PM
He knows that he's being closely watched after a range of complaints last season, culminating his withdrawal from Hibs games for the first quarter of the season (Post Utd game, when the situation was reviewed).

He won't be able to be so blatant any more.

Hibercelona
29-12-2012, 11:29 PM
He has it in for both Hibs and Celtic and probably didn't know which way to try and turn it.

Nothing really shocked or stood out from his performance.

Bighoose
29-12-2012, 11:47 PM
He seems to see a completely different game from everyone else in the stadium.

Watch some of the games he ref's in European competitions, he has players from Germany and Spain shaking theirs heads at his decisions.

HibeeMG
29-12-2012, 11:51 PM
He has it in for both Hibs and Celtic and probably didn't know which way to try and turn it.

Nothing really shocked or stood out from his performance.

This.

I watched the game with a Celtic supporter. We eventually decided that Thomson hates Hibs a little bit more than Celtic but on another day it could be the other way around.

Stevie Reid
30-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Doesn't even try to hide the fact that he hates us, cheating Hearts ****. I ****ing hate him.

hibs4thecup1988
30-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Collum shouldn't be anywhere near The Rangers game, Div 3 have a certain grade of referee, they should be reffed by same grade, but oh no they whinge and SFA gives them top grade refs same old same old look after the *****

Because it was live on TV. SFA want to have FIFA referees referreing these games

Dalianwanda
30-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Thought he did fine..

danhibees1875
30-12-2012, 12:33 AM
Because it was live on TV. SFA want to have FIFA referees referreing these games

The Rangers always get top officials and a fourth official. No other 3rd division team does. :agree:

cocopops1875
30-12-2012, 01:04 AM

The Rangers always get top officials and a fourth official. No other 3rd division team does. :agree:

they get 1st class refs for all games :agree:

Magnifique
30-12-2012, 01:46 AM
they get 1st class refs for all games :agree:

Unless I'm very much mistaken, and correct me if I'm wrong but they didn't at the start of season, it was only after their whining about the standard of refs that they were given grade 1 refs, or more experienced grade 1 refs

hibs4thecup1988
30-12-2012, 02:54 AM

What about the teams they are playing? :wink:

gavhfc10
30-12-2012, 04:36 AM
Last three hibs games he has reffed we have won..... He must be raging!!

The_Sauz
30-12-2012, 05:58 AM
Last three hibs games he has reffed we have won..... He must be raging!!
He's only doing this because he is still waiting for his cup final bonus :wink:

hibsbollah
30-12-2012, 07:12 AM
Thought he did fine..

Me too. Over the 90 minutes I thought he favoured us, if anything.

.:tin hat:.

bingo70
30-12-2012, 07:20 AM
Me too. Over the 90 minutes I thought he favoured us, if anything.

.:tin hat:.

Two significant moments though were the penalty appeal which he gave a goal kick for which means he obviously knew the celtc boy never got the ball and then the.blatant samaras hand ball in the box which led to there boy missing a sitter from a yard out.

He may have given us the odd 50/50 decision in the middle of the park but he absolutely never gives us the benefit of the doubt when it really matters.

Hermit Crab
30-12-2012, 08:21 AM
Never a penalty in both cases. Corner decision was poor.

lucky
30-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Thought at the game it was a pen but seen it again and it wasn't but should have been a corner. He was ok yesterday but can't trust him to be fair and will never forgive or forget his past sins

SouthMoroccoStu
30-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Two significant moments though were the penalty appeal which he gave a goal kick for which means he obviously knew the celtc boy never got the ball and then the.blatant samaras hand ball in the box which led to there boy missing a sitter from a yard out.

He may have given us the odd 50/50 decision in the middle of the park but he absolutely never gives us the benefit of the doubt when it really matters.

But would he have given those decisions to another club?

If that was a decision for hearts against us we could have seen a different out come......IMO

He played a lot of good advantages but not once did he speak to a Celtic player once play had stop.

Samaras persistent diving and looking for free kicks was not addressed once.

Booked Deegan for nothing challenge.

Ecstatic about the win but never expect a fair game from him, you'll only be disappointed

LioNeilMessi
30-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Three wins on the trot with us along with a wrongly disallowed Skacel goal and he could of arguably had Griffiths's goal chalked off (of course it was onside :wink:) .. He needs to get his linesmen sorted out :greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
30-12-2012, 09:51 AM
But would he have given those decisions to another club?

If that was a decision for hearts against us we could have seen a different out come......IMO

He played a lot of good advantages but not once did he speak to a Celtic player once play had stop.

Samaras persistent diving and looking for free kicks was not addressed once.

Booked Deegan for nothing challenge.

Ecstatic about the win but never expect a fair game from him, you'll only be disappointed

hate the ****er with a passion, but I thought he booked one of them after an advantage?
The rest I agree with.

Winston Ingram
30-12-2012, 10:33 AM
He was rank. It was the first time we've had a member of the OF at ER for a while. You forget how they get absolutely every decision going. Thomson yesterday was just unbelievable:agree:

basehibby
30-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Sorry to spoil the Thomson crucifixion party but I thought he had an all right game yesterday and didn't get much wrong (penalty disputes aside which I couldn't see properly as was up the other end).

He was certainly miles better than the idiot in charge against Ross County who must have wasted 10 minutes and booked about 4 players just through his own attention seeking in the 2nd half - then only adding on 4 minutes at the end with Hibs chasing the game - now THAT was a disgraceful refereeing performance!

Of course I wasn't stopping anyone from giving Thomson dogs abuse as he will fully deserve exactly that for the rest of his days after his travesty in May - he wasn't bad at all on sat though.

Speedy
30-12-2012, 03:27 PM
A guy in the FF upper called him a 'dirty Hearts paedo *******' or words to those effect.

Think he was getting his Craig Thomson's mixed up but 75% is probably a pass mark so I'll let him away with it :greengrin

ancient hibee
30-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Collum evidently had a nightmare at the Rangers game.Sent off a Queens player unfairly then booked the wrong Queens player for a foul.

allezsauzee
30-12-2012, 03:45 PM
At least we don't have him to contend with at the PBS on Thursday

clerriehibs
30-12-2012, 03:48 PM

That wasn't fair; that's incompetence upon incompetence!

SouthMoroccoStu
30-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Not connected with Thomson but worth a moan anyway....

Did anyone else see the fourth official constantly talking to PF about being on the edge of the technical area, while Neil Lennon was ON THE PITCH giving instruction to his team.

SFA battle picking choices once again :rolleyes:

Sudds_1
30-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Sorry to spoil the Thomson crucifixion party but I thought he had an all right game yesterday and didn't get much wrong (penalty disputes aside which I couldn't see properly as was up the other end).

He was certainly miles better than the idiot in charge against Ross County who must have wasted 10 minutes and booked about 4 players just through his own attention seeking in the 2nd half - then only adding on 4 minutes at the end with Hibs chasing the game - now THAT was a disgraceful refereeing performance!

Of course I wasn't stopping anyone from giving Thomson dogs abuse as he will fully deserve exactly that for the rest of his days after his travesty in May - he wasn't bad at all on sat though.

yep...saw it that way myself. Gave more for us than against us. Crap anti hibs barsteward...but generally no complaints yesterday.

Now............The eejit ref for the RC game was so bad he couLd have been CT ! :rolleyes: