PDA

View Full Version : Will Hearts' rest give them a slight advantage for thursday?

Monts
29-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Will having their game called off actually help them?

We have exerted ourselves fully to get the three points against celtic while they sat on a bus.

They will be fresher.

Frazerbob
29-12-2012, 10:02 PM
The game isn't until Thursday so a day or two more to recover than normal for a midweek game. Also, they have had a long journey to deal with.

Sir David Gray
29-12-2012, 10:05 PM
I wouldn't have thought that would be a big factor to be honest.

It's almost a week until the match so we should have enough time to recuperate from today's game.

I think they'll be spewing that they didn't play today as I think they were itching to beat us on Thursday and go above us in the league.

Nae luck! :bye:

Mikey
29-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Does sitting on a bus all day stop you being a ***** footballer?

PapillonVert
29-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Will having their game called off actually help them?

We have exerted ourselves fully to get the three points against celtic while they sat on a bus.

They will be fresher.

:greengrin I presume you are kidding?

Today is Saturday. Derby game is next Thursday. Are you saying our guys are so unfit that they won't recover from today's game by next Thursday?

bingo70
29-12-2012, 10:10 PM
We'll gain more from the confidence we'll have taken from that win than we'll lose through tiredness.

Plus by Thursday they'll still have John Mcglynn as a manager and that's them losing any advantage they may have gained by having a free weekend this week :agree:

TornadoHibby
29-12-2012, 10:12 PM
No! :confused: :rolleyes:

Quite the contrary I would have thought! :agree:

Seveno
29-12-2012, 10:14 PM
:greengrin I presume you are kidding?

Today is Saturday. Derby game is next Thursday. Are you saying our guys are so unfit that they won't recover from today's game by next Thursday?

It's not a question of fitness, more a question of recovering from knocks and strains. I'm glad there is an extra day.

edwards
29-12-2012, 10:26 PM
They seem to think that the plumber switching them to a 4-4-2 has solved all their problems, they still have a fair squad but nothing special anymore. This Hibs team on the day are more than capable :wink:

HibsNutter
29-12-2012, 10:27 PM
We've gained momentum and confidence of beating the team at the top of the league, they haven't. The game is five days away anyway, enough time for a squad of professional footballers to recover from a game.

lyonhibs
30-12-2012, 12:37 AM
In the very nicest way possible, this thread title reeks of making excuses in advance. Sitting on a bus for near as damnit 6 hours is not better preparation for a football match than beating the league Champions in a football match.

If Hibs get out-fought/out run on Thursday, today will have next to bugger all to do with it.

ArmadaleHibs
30-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Makes no difference. It's a derby

90 minutes is 90 minutes no matter the form

It's all about who wants it the most

And I Fekkin want it bad

Ggtth

basehibby
30-12-2012, 11:12 AM
On the contrary, the Hibs squad and support have just given themselves a massive shot in the arm while the Jambos have had a pointless and frustrating 8-10 hour return journey with not even a run out to show for it.

Also, Hibs have gained the phsychological advantage of KNOWING that the Yams CANNOT overtake them in the league at Tynie - no matter what! This will take a lot of pressure off Hibs and will also be to our advantage IMO.

Additionally, Hibs have just had 90min of live practice successfully utilising the formation they are likely to use against the Yams' 4-4-2 at Tynie - all to our advantage. The Yams have gained zilch from their enforced lay off.

Mr White
30-12-2012, 11:21 AM
I don't think it will make a difference. Plus who cares about them, we've a fully fit squad to pick from and we go there off the back of arguably our best league result since November 2010 at ibrox. Pat showed yesterday he can get his tactics spot on, do so again with the same effort and concentration on Thursday and we'll win.

hfc rd
30-12-2012, 11:28 AM
On the contrary, the Hibs squad and support have just given themselves a massive shot in the arm while the Jambos have had a pointless and frustrating 8-10 hour return journey with not even a run out to show for it.

Also, Hibs have gained the phsychological advantage of KNOWING that the Yams CANNOT overtake them in the league at Tynie - no matter what! This will take a lot of pressure off Hibs and will also be to our advantage IMO.

Additionally, Hibs have just had 90min of live practice successfully utilising the formation they are likely to use against the Yams' 4-4-2 at Tynie - all to our advantage. The Yams have gained zilch from their enforced lay off.

This. Our players are going into the game on a major boost having defeated the team at the top who are in the last 16 of the CL. But then again it's a derby and the form book goes out the window. It's all about which team wants it more than the other. Already this season, we have seen this Hibs team fight to the bitter end in derby matches and play with passion. Something that hasn't been seen in derby matches for a long time by Hibs. I'm sure all the coaching staff and players want to make sure that we get the result not only to try and get 2nd/3rd but give the fans the bragging rights once again and prove the tide is swinging and that we are the dominant team in Edinburgh now. This could potentially be McGivern's, Claros' & Griffiths' last ever derby and I'm sure they will love nothing better than to end it on a high!