PDA

View Full Version : Match of the day

Sir David Gray
29-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Someone should have given Arsene Wenger a pullover for his Christmas instead of a zipped jacket! :faf:

down-the-slope
29-12-2012, 10:49 PM
that will be on soccer AM...:greengrin...like a 5 year old that can't dress himself

AugustaHibs
29-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Cameron Jerome :not worth:top marks

Northernhibee
29-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Walcott's third was some goal.

PatHead
29-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Miss of the season from Vaz te

TheReg!
29-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Gareth Bale is an absolute speed machine, he is a shoe in for a Top Top team soon!

Part/Time Supporter
30-12-2012, 08:23 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omTbgkhO0Fk

:faf:

hibbysam
30-12-2012, 08:40 AM

As long as your meaning Premier League miss.. Worldwide miss of the season goes quite easily to Efe Ambrose.

It was that bad the ref gave him a corner for his troubles.

Craig_in_Prague
30-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Gareth Bale is an absolute speed machine, he is a shoe in for a Top Top team soon!

Thought he went down to easily ? (change of subject sorry)

Defoe and his dive though! wow.

The modern game is quick and for me players (and management) need to take responsibility and stop the cheating. Players know how to take advantage and con refs. Slightest of touch (or in some cases none) and down they go.
Dont like it at all and its out of control.

Matty_Jack04
30-12-2012, 10:11 AM

The modern game is quick and for me players (and management) need to take responsibility and stop the cheating. Players know how to take advantage and con refs. Slightest of touch (or in some cases none) and down they go.

I don't like it either but I think it's the law makers, media and refs that started the rot with fouls being given for anything and the over the top reactions of pundits and journalists, sometimes it's hard to remember that football is a contact sport, I'm all for protecting safety of players e.g high tackles/or from behind but some of the things being called fouls are incredible in modern football, if this wasn't the case it would be more difficult for players to 'con' the refs instead of any contact whatsoever and down they go

Sweet Left Peg
30-12-2012, 10:15 AM

Agreed. Only way I see it is to have a panel sit and watch the games on TV and give retro punishment to players. Minimum five game ban. Do it again and you get ten. Fines are no good. What does Vincent Lunny do when he is not looking at off the ball incidents or things the ref has missed? Add it to his remit. Stamp this embarrassment out of the game. Repeat at FAs all over the world and hey presto.... Petrie-pull the finger out and get it sorted!!!!!

VickMackie
30-12-2012, 10:41 AM

It was bad but I'm sure there's worse.

Did deegan not have a free header from our free kick yesterday that was headed from the centre of goal?

It was on the 11th minute and would have put us two up.

Eyrie
30-12-2012, 11:27 AM
It was bad but I'm sure there's worse.

Did deegan not have a free header from our free kick yesterday that was headed from the centre of goal?

It was on the 11th minute and would have put us two up.

It was Doyle, and about the only blot on his game yesterday.