PDA

View Full Version : Team and system V Yams?

TheReg!
29-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Williams
Clancey McPake Hanlon McGivern or Lewis
Doyle Claros Taiwo Deegan Cairney
Lee G

The team set up like this makes us hard to beat and with Lee up front we always have a good chance of getting a goal.

What would be your team?:flag:

Wotherspiniesta
29-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Wouldn't change the team that did so well today. Unfortunate on Spoony and McGivern, but that XI deserve the chance to replicate that performance.

Col2
29-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Yup would keep the same team. Yams have no guile or flair so will struggle to break us down.

Tight pitch, nervy game and low scoring. 0-0 or 1-0 to us.

SneakersO'Toole
29-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Got to be the same team, system.

Any changes unless forced would be foolish IMO.

If we keep a clean sheet at the pink bus shelter I'm confident we take the 3 points.

Sir David Gray
29-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Personally I don't see the need to make any changes from today.

The only possible change is Ryan McGivern coming back in but I thought Stevenson did fine at LB today so I would leave it like that.

Craig_in_Prague
29-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Pat mentioned Hearts being a big, physical team. He might opt for McGivern over Lewis purely to give us more height.
But I agree with others, no real need to change from whay we did today.

Mark79
29-12-2012, 09:19 PM
That team today was set up to nullify the top team in the league and it worked with us getting a goal, however the yams are crap. Back to 2 up top for me. Back 4 were excellent today so would keep as is even if mcgivern is fit. Just my opinion.

TheReg!
29-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Probably get shot down for this BUT maybe drop Cairney and keep him as an impact player later on in the game as a sub and play McGivern on the left or Lewis?
i like Cairney he has been great all season however he blows out of his arse more so than most players I have seen this year.

HibeeN
29-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Probably get shot down for this BUT maybe drop Cairney and keep him as an impact player later on in the game as a sub and play McGivern on the left or Lewis?
i like Cairney he has been great all season however he blows out of his arse more so than most players I have seen this year.

Bit harsh on Cairney I think. He does tend to fade in and out of games but I think that has more to do with his position than fitness or anything else. Though he didn't get the chance to do much creatively today, he still put in a shift down that left hand side and didn't stop running or tracking back all game. Celtic had him pretty tightly marked and he wasn't getting much joy in terms of going past them but I think he has to start against Hearts, otherwise we lose what little creativeness we have.

500miles
29-12-2012, 11:37 PM
I would keep things as they are. Doyle will get more joy against McHattie than against Zaliukas or Webster, thus making 4-5-1 more effective going forward than an extra man up top. Griffiths goal threat and pace should mean he can drag the centre half pairing around, and make space for Cairney and Doyle too.

CallumLaidlaw
29-12-2012, 11:42 PM

Cairney is one of the 2/3 creative players we have on the park, and he works hard, so definitely wouldn't be leaving him out. Same starting 11 for me. Win the midfield battle for a change

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2012, 11:45 PM
I'd play McGivern and drop Stevenson, very harsh on him but i'd pick the best team available. I'd also play 5 in midfield with Griffiths up front.

3pm
30-12-2012, 12:05 AM
I'd play McGivern and drop Stevenson, very harsh on him but i'd pick the best team available. I'd also play 5 in midfield with Griffiths up front.

Temptation is to stick as the 5 was suitable against Celtc. Diffo game cos they are more *****. Maybe need more creativity?

I think it'll be rhe same bar McGivern though.

StarMan10
30-12-2012, 12:32 AM
Players put in a hell of a shift today and that was visible towards the end as players were clearly tiring. Got to be wary of this as having tired players in a derby match is near on suicidal. Hopefully the players will be well rested and fully fit by thursday.

HoboHarry
30-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Players put in a hell of a shift today and that was visible towards the end as players were clearly tiring. Got to be wary of this as having tired players in a derby match is near on suicidal. Hopefully the players will be well rested and fully fit by thursday.
PF said on the BBC that training would be light this week due to the nature of todays game.

ArmadaleHibs
30-12-2012, 12:54 AM
If you buy a Swiss watch for ten grand and it works perfectly would you take it apart to make it work.???

No !!!!!

Leave it as it is

Liberal Hibby
30-12-2012, 01:05 AM
PF said on the BBC that training would be light this week due to the nature of todays game.

Yeh - but today we were playing the league champions and one of the top 16 clubs in Europe. On Thursday we are playing Hearts.

hfc rd
30-12-2012, 01:48 AM
Yeh - but today we were playing the league champions and one of the top 16 clubs in Europe. On Thursday we are playing Hearts.

I think you are forgetting the yams are the so called BIG TEAM. They are supposed to win the CL pretty soon according to mad Vlad when he took over.

BoltonHibee
30-12-2012, 01:52 AM

What statement is that making to Stevenson? Play your heart out, don't put a foot wrong but your dropped!

A bit harsh on the lad

shetlandhibee
30-12-2012, 04:01 AM
Same team. Same tactics. Same work ethic and we will win!

AlbertK86
30-12-2012, 06:25 AM
Yep hasto be same 11 and same system

Aldo
30-12-2012, 06:32 AM
Has to be the same team for me.

With Doyle and Cairney pushing on to Support LG.

Alfred E Newman
30-12-2012, 06:53 AM
Unfortunatly yesterday's performance is what we are best at. We just don't have the players at the moment to play a more expansive game. I would leave things as they are for the derby.

hibsbollah
30-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Wouldn't change the team that did so well today. Unfortunate on Spoony and McGivern, but that XI deserve the chance to replicate that performance.

:agree:

Whatever you think of Lewis, he tends to keep his best performances for the hertz.

Pretty Boy
30-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Same team and same system barring injuries.

Now that Hearts seem to go with 2 up top if we play 5 across the middle we may well win the midfield battle and that gives us a great chance of winning the game.

Barney McGrew
30-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Our two (arguably) best performances this season, yesterday and away at Motherwell, were with that set up.

Same again on Thursday please.

3pm
30-12-2012, 07:53 AM
I hope we actually go there and do something similar. I've lost count of the number of times we have went there expecting and we get let down.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2012, 08:11 AM
What statement is that making to Stevenson? Play your heart out, don't put a foot wrong but your dropped!

A bit harsh on the lad

It is, and having slept on it and sobered up. :wink: I'd perhaps replace Taiwo with Stevenson put him on the left and move Cairney inside. A back 4 of Clancy McPake Hanlon and McGivern is in my opinion our best back 4.

A midfield 5 like yesterday of Doyle Deegan Claros Cairney and Stevenson with Griffiths up front would be my team for the gimps match.

To be fair, the manager knows best and will do the right thing. :wink:

Alfred E Newman
30-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Our two (arguably) best performances this season, yesterday and away at Motherwell, were with that set up.

Same again on Thursday please.

With the players we have got its probablely our best set up. The problem Fenlon has is when teams like Ross County etc sit in against us. The crowd yesterday were fantastic and got right behind the team just like the cup tie. If we had been holding on for a victory like that against St Mirren or Kilmarnock the crowd would have been howling for us to play further up the park. Its a big problem for the manager and underlines how important it is to get some creative players in during the window.

Mr White
30-12-2012, 08:33 AM
It is, and having slept on it and sobered up. :wink: I'd perhaps replace Taiwo with Stevenson put him on the left and move Cairney inside. A back 4 of Clancy McPake Hanlon and McGivern is in my opinion our best back 4.

A midfield 5 like yesterday of Doyle Deegan Claros Cairney and Stevenson with Doyle up front would be my team for the gimps match.

To be fair, the manager knows best and will do the right thing. :wink:
you'd play both Doyles and drop sparky? Even after that finish yesterday? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2012, 08:39 AM
you'd play both Doyles and drop sparky? Even after that finish yesterday? :wink:

:greengrin Griffiths.