PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial 2012 .net awards ceremony

Northernhibee
29-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Thought now the last game of 2012 has passed I'd get a wee awards thing going (the dot netties?). I'll put in a few categories for you to make your selection from.

Here we go:

Hibs Result of the year
Hibs Goal of the Year
Hibs Signing of the Year
Hibs news story of the year
Roaster of the year

and the biggie:
Hibee of the year.

I'll post my own in a seperate post so it's easier for all.

Northernhibee
29-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Hibs Result of the year - Hibs 1-5 Hearts. Controversial but it finally convinced our board that real, tangible change in the attitude of our club was required. It's acted as motivation throughout this season. We didn't sign any players from our "golden generation" who were on their way down, we looked to rebuild for the sake of our future and stopped looking to the past. It's also a result that forced that lot into an eternity of bake sales. A huge result in both clubs histories and the icarus moment as someone else has pointed out for that lot.
Hibs Goal of the Year - David Wotherspoon vs Inverness CT. Take a bow son.
Hibs Signing of the Year - Ben Williams. For me the man embodies the 'new Hibs' - tough, uncompromising, talented, hard working and Hibs class.
Hibs news story of the year - James McPake makes his Hibs tenure permanent. Not been at his best this season but loves the club and the club loves him.
Roaster of the year - Jim Traynor.
Hibee of the year - Pat Fenlon. Has made mistakes, but is truly rebuilding us for the future. Finances will make the progress a little slower but for the first time in a while we have a competant manager who loves the club and has a true vision for us. The fact he's a gentleman and Hibs class makes it all the sweeter.

The Green Goblin
29-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Hibs Result of the year - Hibs 1-5 Hearts. Controversial but it finally convinced our board that real, tangible change in the attitude of our club was required. It's acted as motivation throughout this season. We didn't sign any players from our "golden generation" who were on their way down, we looked to rebuild for the sake of our future and stopped looking to the past. It's also a result that forced that lot into an eternity of bake sales. A huge result in both clubs histories and the icarus moment as someone else has pointed out for that lot.
Hibs Signing of the Year - Ben Williams. For me the man embodies the 'new Hibs' - tough, uncompromising, talented, hard working and Hibs class.
Hibs news story of the year - James McPake makes his Hibs tenure permanent. Not been at his best this season but loves the club and the club loves him.
Hibee of the year - Pat Fenlon. Has made mistakes, but is truly rebuilding us for the future. Finances will make the progress a little slower but for the first time in a while we have a competant manager who loves the club and has a true vision for us. The fact he's a gentleman and Hibs class makes it all the sweeter.

I like your options, but I felt I had to counter your first one, on the basis that it was nothing short of disgraceful that the board couldn't see that massive change was required much sooner and that it took a result like that to open their eyes.

The writing was on the wall for a long, long time before the final (imho) and the real tragedy was that they couldn't see it and only set about trying to change things after arguably one of the worst ever games and results in our history. That result for me, merely confirmed what many people already thought about how things were going. Things are better now, but for me, the board were disastrously slow to act when required.

I know you will probably disagree with that, and I have read and considered other arguments about this particular point too, but that's still what I think. Anyway, I still like your other ones: Williams is a good call but Charles Green would be my roaster of the year. :wink:

Diclonius
29-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Hibs Result of the year: Hibernian 1-0 Hearts, 2 December
Hibs Goal of the Year: David Wotherspoon v Inverness CT, 22 August
Hibs Signing of the Year: James McPake
Hibs news story of the year: Really can't think of any notable ones.
Roaster of the year: Rudi Skacel
Hibee of the year: Leigh Griffiths

Liams
29-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Result - the thumping at motherwell was great and with bags of goals
Goal - spooony vs ict or the second goal vs utd at ER im sure that was an all round team effort
Signing - Big Ben
News story - wasnt really a news story but 6months after the final we were top of leagueish and unbeating to hearts
Roaster - Hearts
Hibeee - fenlon cause he show grit and emotion

Liams
29-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Can i add hibs youth player of year? Id goo for danny handling

Northernhibee
29-12-2012, 09:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVTRu95uXvU

That goal from Spoony for your enjoyment again.

Sudds_1
29-12-2012, 09:47 PM

From point 2 onwards agree 100%. I think todays result though is head and shoulders the best result of the year , coming as it does on the back of the supposed freefall. It marks the new attitude ion the team.......the fighting spirit we have all been looking for for a few years. Today they proved they had it.

In spades!

Hibercelona
29-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Hibs Result of the year: 1-0 against THEM. Aye, it was only 1 goal and it took a huge deflection, but so f£(k!ng what???
Hibs Goal of the Year: Wotherspoon at ER against Inverness
Hibs Signing of the Year: Paul Cairney (but there are a few contenders)
Hibs news story of the year: "They'll never walk over us again" - James McPake
Roaster of the year: Every living organism (germ) associated with Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

LancashireHibby
29-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Hibs Result of the year
The win against Aberdeen in the cup semi. Sure I wasn't the only one who thought we were going to mess it up when they equalised. Though of course we did mess it up in the final.

Hibs Goal of the Year
Spoony vs Inverness, got to be.

Hibs Signing of the Year
Leigh Griffiths re-signing. He just seems to have that bit more quality since the summer IMO. Credible mentions for the 'new' Claros, Williams, Cairney and McGivern.

Hibs news story of the year
I'd rather we left the news stories to the pink parade.

Roaster of the year
Craig Thomson

and the biggie:
Hibee of the year.
Romanov.

hibs4thecup1988
30-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Hibs Result of the year: 1-0 Vs Hearts. To end that run against them was important especially in that game!

Hibs Goal of the Year: In my view it has to be Leigh Griffiths against United. Brilliant play from the back, worked wide to Doyle and a magnficient ball without looking and the volley by Sparky was tremendous

Hibs Signing of the Year: Ben Williams no doubt

Hibs news story of the year: Well not the biggest...but remember the day we were all told huge news on official website and it turned out to be the stone things? haha! Thought that was great

Roaster of the year: Marius Zaliukas

Hibee of the year: My wee boy...he sticks with the team through thick and thin and cheers his daddy up when we lose :agree:

Humo
30-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Hibee of the year : Zaliukus for his contribution to spooneys goal or Vladimir Romanov for brining hearts down from the inside :P

Wotherspiniesta
30-12-2012, 01:58 AM
Hibs Result of the year: Yesterday V Celtic. We'll beat Hearts again soon. This was our most impressive victory of the year, given the standard of our opponents.
Hibs Goal of the Year: Wotherspoon v ICT. Great take and a cracking finish.
Hibs Signing of the Year: Sparky's second loan spell. He's taken the mantle up this season, cut out the attitude and shouldered a lot of responsibility.
Hibs news story of the year: HibbyAndy's Scorecast.
Roaster of the year: Rudi Skacel. Classless.
Hibee of the year: James McPake.

JohnStephens91
30-12-2012, 02:45 AM
Hibs Result of the year: 1-0 vs Hearts. It showed how deep we can dig in as a side and grind out results. The 1-0 vs Celtic would be second and the 4-0 vs Motherwell also deserves a mention.
Hibs Goal of the Year: A few to choose from, but Paul Cairney against Celtic at Parkhead in the 2-2 draw.
Hibs Signing of the Year: Whilst I think Cairney has been impressive it has to be Gary Deegan, a real combatant midfielder that we have sorely needed for a few years. Most of our signings under Fenlon have been good, bar a lot of the loanees in January.
Hibs news story of the year: McPake signing permanently or McPake saying 'they'll never walk over us again'
Roaster of the year: Ryan McGowan. Also mentions go to Rudi Skacel, Craig Thomson and Charles Greene.
Hibee of the year: Pat Fenlon, he displays great character and clearly loves it when we win and has turned the ship around in a massive way in such a short space of time. He will become a cult hero, but he can be a legend should he achieve the holy grail of cup wins.

Billychaotic182
30-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Hibs Result of the year: yesterdays game against Celtic. We showed fight and every player wanted the ball and when we didn't have it every player fought for the ball.

Hibs Goal of the Year: Wotherspoon v Hearts. Not a goal that was a world beater but for what it meant to the fans and the team I've went for that one!

Signing of the Year: Paul Cairney. Was a free transfer and has been at the heart of everything good with hibs this season

Hibs news story of the year: none

Roaster of the year: Rudi Skacel! Just an awful human

Hibee of the year: Leigh Griffthis. He has been a changed player this year. Let his work on the pitch do the talking for him. Been a joy to watch

Allez Hibs
30-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Hibs Result of the year: 1-0 vs Hearts. Important for the club in the context of it all, SC and all that goes with it.

Hibs Goal of the Year: Griffiths v Celtic.

Hibs Signing of the Year: McPake. Vital.

Hibs news story of the year: McPake signing.

Roaster of the year: Allan Preston.

Hibee of the year: Leigh Griffiths - plays as a Hibee!

Since90+2
30-12-2012, 08:11 PM

Easily the daftest thing ive ever read on this site.

Bostonhibby
30-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Hibs Result of the year: Hibernian 1-0 Hearts, 2 December
Hibs Goal of the Year: David Wotherspoon v Inverness CT, 22 August
Hibs Signing of the Year: James McPake
Hibs news story of the year: Really can't think of any notable ones.
Roaster of the year: Rudi Skacel
Hibee of the year: Leigh Griffiths

Agree with almost all of this except the Roaster, unless there's going to be an award for lifetimes achievement in the field of Roasting, it has to be Cheeky Charlie Green.

Special mention for Vlad somewhere surely.............:wink:

Hibeesmad
31-12-2012, 02:35 AM
Hibs result of the year: Hibs 1-0 Hearts. It gave the fans something to cheer about and gave the players back that confidence that they can beat them.

Hibs goal of the year: Roy O'Donovan against killie, i thought that was a fantastic goal, spoony against inverness and griffiths against cowdenbeath would also be put up there.

Hibs signing of the year: Leigh Griffiths, if we didnt get that boy then we wouldnt be sitting where we are today.

Hibs news story of the year: James McPake signing for hibs as it showed that the club were listening to the fans and the fact we got a rock solid defender and captain.

Roaster of the year: Kenny Shiels. Although rudi skacel and craig thomson can be added to that list.

Hibee of the year: Pat Fenlon, tried his hardest, realised the mistakes he's made and has worked hard to patch them up. Also the first hibs manager in 3 years to beat hearts. Also that passion after beating hearts, touching stuff.

Pete
31-12-2012, 04:11 AM
Result had to be the 1-1 against hearts. It took big men to stand up to them and come back as everyone was raw after the final.

Doyles goal at Aberdeen.

Signing is Williams. All teams must start with someone reliable at the back.

News story had to be Petrie and his public opinions on sevco.

Roaster without doubt is Charles Greene. Skacel is too irrelevant to be considered.

Hibee of the year has to be Leigh for all he has done in his two spells and his desire to sign full time. One of our own!

Pretty Boy
31-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Result. 1-0 v Hearts. The importance of winning that game can't be overestimated.

Goal. Doyle v Aberdeen or Spoony v ICT. Both great pieces of skill. Throw in Griffiths v Dundee Utd as well for the build up and finish.

News story. Hibs taking a prominent role in saying no to newco. Also Rod being very vocal about Hearts financial mismanagement in the press as well.

Roaster. Joint honours for Regan and Doncaster. I would pick Charles Green but those two done most of the hard PR work for him. Honourable mention for Jim Traynor.

Signing. Williams. Good teams need strong goalkeepers.

Hibees. Pat Fenlon. He's caught the bug and he's doing a decent job. Honourable mention for Rod Petrie.