PDA

View Full Version : Only downside to today? Abuse of Alan Maybury - Disgraceful

.Sean.
29-12-2012, 05:48 PM
As the title says. Fair enough he's not everyone's cup of tea, but a fair few roasters booing and giving it the 'You Hearts *******' when he came on and when he was finding his feet in the game. If you sit in the East around Section 43 you'll know the group i'm on about (not Sect 43 may I add!). Nothing sort of a shameful way to treat someone wearing a Hibs jersey and they should take a look at themselves.

Pretty Boy
29-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Every support has its morons and thats what anyone who booed Maybury today is.

The guy gives 100% every week, even if he's not been great he still gives everything and is clearly trying.

Anyone who booed him should be ashamed of themselves.

sbell1875
29-12-2012, 05:52 PM
I agree 100% He is wearing the Hibs shirt so he deserves full backing from everyone of us. I did hear it chanted a few times and I'm sure that was probably more towards Thomson.

Wasn't any of that where i was sitting (not that I heard anyway!) but disgraceful of the people who did do any of this, not the way to treat someone playing in a hibs jersey who is coming on the pitch to help us try win the game.

wearethehibs
Know exactly who you are talking about. Half way down, next to the stairs. They always seem to like to be controversial.

IWasThere2016
29-12-2012, 05:53 PM
That's piss poor.

Wheat Hound
29-12-2012, 05:54 PM
only time i heard that today was directed at the cheat Thomson

Jones28
29-12-2012, 05:56 PM
I heard booing on the radio

Northernhibee
29-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Maybury is decent. I can only assume that the reason he gets the abuse is the roasters who can't admit that they're wrong when we had had him on trial. I mind one particular specimen saying "If we sign Maybury that's it with Hibs for me".

hibee_girl
29-12-2012, 05:57 PM
There was a few folk in middle of east stand moaning when he came on but didn't hear any booing.

He's obviously been picked as this seasons boo boy :rolleyes:

lord bunberry
29-12-2012, 05:57 PM
I heard it as well piss poor really. And i thought he did well when he came on his run was reminiscent of the legend that is Joe t

jw1410
29-12-2012, 05:58 PM
I sit in the East and I know exactly who you mean mate. Was disgraceful, I've made a couple jokes about him being a double agent when he plays a poor pass but to boo ANY Hibs player is unacceptable imo. Wish these roasters would just stay at home, no place for them at Easter Road.

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Its pathetic. Maybury isn't Cafu but he is vastly superior to some players we have had at the back in recent years and the fact that people get on his back constantly doesn't help anyone in the slightest.

He done nothing at all wrong when he came on yet was still getting dogs abuse from some of the ''supporters'' around me.

HibeeN
29-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Heard the boos - embarrassing. Maybury has done well for the club and never gives anything but his best. Shocking treatment to one of our own players.

Mind you, the same people I heard booing were also shouting racist abuse at some of the Celtic players - they piped down when somebody told them to pack it in or they'd be getting reported - whoever did that, thank you.

Northernhibee
29-12-2012, 06:11 PM
his run was reminiscent of the legend that is Joe t

Or Pa Kujabi :greengrin

J-C
29-12-2012, 06:12 PM
He's a good mate of mine, was talking to him on Boxing day at half time, was saying his son is now a Hibs fan and wanted a Hibs strip for Xmas, oh and by the way he's a massive Leeds fan, only connection to Heart is the fact that as a pro footballer he's played fir them :(

CropleyWasGod
29-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Its pathetic. Maybury isn't Cafu but he is vastly superior to some players we have had at the back in recent years and the fact that people get on his back constantly doesn't help anyone in the slightest.

He done nothing at all wrong when he came on yet was still getting dogs abuse from some of the ''supporters'' around me.

Somebody had better tell him that :greengrin He obviously thought so when he went on that run late on!

wearethehibs
29-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Liked Maybury's tweet. He's away for a lie down after his sprint today.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2012, 06:20 PM
I thought he did well when he came on. Well done Alan

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2012, 06:32 PM
There could have been the odd shout, but the booing and the " you hearts b*****d", from the east was aimed at the ref.

Hedlund12
29-12-2012, 06:32 PM
I agree 100% He is wearing the Hibs shirt so he deserves full backing from everyone of us. I did hear it chanted a few times and I'm sure that was probably more towards Thomson.

There was definitely booing when Maybury came on - I was asked why this was happening by my 8 year old son (a 1st time season ticket holder.) This wasn't easy to answer!

Trying to instill good disciplines in kids where football is concerned is not easy when you have mindless idiots at games displaying this kind of behaviour. Hibs play as a team and as far as I'm concerned Alan Maybury is part of that team and should be supported!!

All said and done well done to the Hibs TEAM today - you played well for each other and for the fans!!!!

muzzhfc
29-12-2012, 06:33 PM
i dont think he is a first team player. he is a squad player. but i do count us lucky to have him as i think his experience will benefit us. however, if there was an option for a younger, faster player then i would want him moved on. but while he wears the green, ill back him

#FromTheCapital
29-12-2012, 06:35 PM
He done well today although I can understand people's frustrations. He has cost us important goals this season but he is not the only one and he is under the spotlight more because of his dirty past ;-)

M11BMO
29-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Pedantic_Hibee mentioned these guys to me after the game in the pub. Idiots.

HibeeSince85
29-12-2012, 06:40 PM
There was some booing for Maybury when he came on, sounded like it was coming from sect 45 area, I'm in 44 and it was from the left of me.

They're radges. Booing one of our own who hasn't ever hidden and by and large has been decent.

Zorro
29-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Heard booing and a shout telling maybury to foxtrot oscar you hearts barsteward when he came on. Another gem was 'you're still ******* fenlon' when he was applauding the fans at the end.

But the wittiest by far was 'deegan, if you don't pull your finger out your a*se I'll come down there and break your jaw again'. Charming. Luckily these people were drowned out by lots of great positive support.

Really enjoyed that game!

Hiber-nation
29-12-2012, 06:44 PM
He done well today although I can understand people's frustrations. He has cost us important goals this season but he is not the only one and he is under the spotlight more because of his dirty past ;-)

You can understand them booing him on to the pitch? Really?

matty_f
29-12-2012, 06:50 PM
F*****g morons. Booing a Hibs player coming on, FFS. :bitchy:

Stanton1972
29-12-2012, 06:57 PM
I for one would never EVER boo anyone wearing the hibs jersey, yes he's not everyone's cup of tea but the way they ALL played today was absolutely fantastic, all 13/14 of them :flag:

Was that really the same team I watched on Boxing Day!!

Onceinawhile
29-12-2012, 06:57 PM
There could have been the odd shout, but the booing and the " you hearts b*****d", from the east was aimed at the ref.

That's how I took it as well. (I was in the west). I think its a case of this being a misunderstanding and folk looking to be offended. Unless people were actually mentioning maybury by name? In which case I stand corrected.

lord bunberry
29-12-2012, 07:00 PM
That's how I took it as well. (I was in the west). I think its a case of this being a misunderstanding and folk looking to be offended. Unless people were actually mentioning maybury by name? In which case I stand corrected.

That's not true the boos were definitely for maybury people near me were also shouting you hearts ******** when he was coming on

Zorro
29-12-2012, 07:02 PM

I heard Maybury mentioned by name when the abuse was being thrown at him as he came onto the pitch. Definitely not looking to be offended!

Hibernia Na Eir
29-12-2012, 07:22 PM
I heard it on tv (Setanta Ireland) thought it was Celtic fans but clearly coming from East.

oh well!

#FromTheCapital
29-12-2012, 07:23 PM
You can understand them booing him on to the pitch? Really?

Aye cos that's exactly what I said. Internet forums piss me off sometimes. Please read before posting.

Hiber-nation
29-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Aye cos that's exactly what I said. Internet forums piss me off sometimes. Please read before posting.

Yes, I read it before posting and have read it again and you said you could understand people's frustrations. I obviously assumed you meant you understood why these erses booed him today. Not getting into a debate about it on a great day for the Hibees so if I am wrong then I apologise for my misunderstanding...

Devilstorment
29-12-2012, 08:35 PM
I personally think that Maybury hasnt been THAT bad for us this season. but he has had a few bad games and this has resulted in certain sections of the crowd getting on his back, and what easier thing is there to have a go at him about than his Hearts past.

As i say i quite like him and thought he done well today when he came on.

Seems like a good guy if you follow him on twitter. A professional that some of the younger guys in the dressing room can learn from

#FromTheCapital
29-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Yes, I read it before posting and have read it again and you said you could understand people's frustrations. I obviously assumed you meant you understood why these erses booed him today. Not getting into a debate about it on a great day for the Hibees so if I am wrong then I apologise for my misunderstanding...

I understand why fans might not take to him that doesn't mean I understand booing him. I can't understand any 'fan' who would boo a hibs player when he has just stepped on to the field of play. Apology accepted ;-)

Sir David Gray
29-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Don't understand that at all.

He's made a few mistakes this season, the one that lead to Hearts' goal in the league match at Easter Road springs to mind, but overall I think he's been fine and I thought he did well for the time that he was on the pitch today too.

I personally didn't hear anyone booing him today but if anyone did and they were wearing Hibs colours then they really ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Green Fish
29-12-2012, 08:50 PM
You could see the effort and determination when sprinting towards FF and was blatantly held back - gives his all, one of us now. GG

aunty joyce
29-12-2012, 08:54 PM
As the title says. Fair enough he's not everyone's cup of tea, but a fair few roasters booing and giving it the 'You Hearts *******' when he came on and when he was finding his feet in the game. If you sit in the East around Section 43 you'll know the group i'm on about (not Sect 43 may I add!). Nothing sort of a shameful way to treat someone wearing a Hibs jersey and they should take a look at themselves.

Unfortunately we will never stop these half-wits (I say half-wits because they're not bright enough to be full-wits :wink:) all we can do, is to make sure that the next time Maybury is playing or brought on as a substitute that we give him a rousing Hibernian welcome and drown out the idiots! :rolleyes:

markom127
29-12-2012, 08:59 PM
I actually think Maybury is half decent. He's only made 3 or 4 mistakes and unfortunately a defenders mistakes get singled out more. First game vs Hearts, made a mistake but had a brill game from then onwards. Bottom line, NEVER BOO A HIBS PLAYER:agree:

ronaldo7
29-12-2012, 09:03 PM
The guy had a decent game when he came on today,

And Alan...It wasn't a sprint, it was a canter.

monktonharp
29-12-2012, 09:09 PM
As the title says. Fair enough he's not everyone's cup of tea, but a fair few roasters booing and giving it the 'You Hearts *******' when he came on and when he was finding his feet in the game. If you sit in the East around Section 43 you'll know the group i'm on about (not Sect 43 may I add!). Nothing sort of a shameful way to treat someone wearing a Hibs jersey and they should take a look at themselves. Sean, I have only read your post, and I think you are takin' pish my man. ah dinnae like Jambos, but despite his previous I think he tries to do his job. not my choice but never would boo a Hfc player just coming on to the fray!

whiskyhibby
29-12-2012, 09:11 PM
He is a Hibs player, unless he is absolute dross them he will get nothing but my support, we'll done today Alan, good game son

Hiber-nation
29-12-2012, 09:14 PM
I understand why fans might not take to him that doesn't mean I understand booing him. I can't understand any 'fan' who would boo a hibs player when he has just stepped on to the field of play. Apology accepted ;-)

:aok:

:flag:

hibsmum
29-12-2012, 09:17 PM
I thought the point of supporting a team was to support the whole team, every player goes through a dodgy spell but surely the fans should be there to get them through that! Or am I just being fair :confused:

Thecat23
29-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Alan loves Hibs, he's a good pro looks after himself and never once has he disrespected our club. He'll be first to admit he's not the quickest but you will be hard pushed to find a harder worker at the club. He's not a hearts ****, he is a player for Hibernian F.C and shouts like that are a disgrace.

offshorehibby
29-12-2012, 09:43 PM
There was a definite booing when he appeared and that disgusted me. For all his failings he always puts a good shift in for Hibs.

CraigK
29-12-2012, 10:13 PM
The abuse Maybury gets in completely unjustified. He's a good, solid, SPL defender, who must be a great example to the young players regarding looking after yourself if you want to play at a decent level into your 30s (lest we forget as well, he's also an ex-international cap for Eire). He always gives 100% and never hides. There have been a couple of mistakes but mistakes made by defenders are always punished worse than other positions.
Also, as folks have pointed out, going by his twitter, he seems intelligent and a decent guy.

Dashing Bob S
29-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Maybury should never be abused, even in a roundabout way.

RIP
29-12-2012, 10:38 PM
I hope the reference to near the stairs isn't the guys in Section 42 half way up.

Humo
29-12-2012, 10:57 PM
I booed but only at Thomson and Samaras they are both cheating *******s. Totally agree even if he used to play for them he should still get our backing if he is wearing the hibs jersey

silverhibee
29-12-2012, 11:03 PM

No chance, it was directed at Maybury, as Sean says from a section in the East.

SlickShoes
29-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Maybury done well today and he has done well plenty times before, he has also had a few bad games.

I admit I did grumble when he was coming on, but only because Clancy was excellent today and I wondered why he was going off. Didn't boo the man though, I think the only time I ever felt like booing a hibs player was in the cup final this year.

whiskyhibby
29-12-2012, 11:09 PM
You could see the effort and determination when sprinting towards FF and was blatantly held back - gives his all, one of us now. GG

Well said !

:hibees

TheReg!
29-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Ok so he is not first choice but he is a good squad player and has been a decent RB when he has been in there. He gets abuse purely cause he was once a yam, we need to be better than that as fans. When he came on today he was solid and played well.

whiskyhibby
29-12-2012, 11:11 PM
I booed but only at Thomson and Samaras they are both cheating *******s. Totally agree even if he used to play for them he should still get our backing if he is wearing the hibs jersey

Must admit that I thought the chant was for Thompson

weedgiehibbie
29-12-2012, 11:18 PM
The abuse Maybury gets in completely unjustified. He's a good, solid, SPL defender, who must be a great example to the young players regarding looking after yourself if you want to play at a decent level into your 30s (lest we forget as well, he's also an ex-international cap for Eire). He always gives 100% and never hides. There have been a couple of mistakes but mistakes made by defenders are always punished worse than other positions.
Also, as folks have pointed out, going by his twitter, he seems intelligent and a decent guy.

:agree: agree 100% i dont recall him ever being blessed with great pace & cwill not have it at 35 but does put in a decent shift.

Yes he has made a few mistakes - like the derby header back to the keeper where Driver scored - and also does need support at full back ( a number of full backs may need supoort from their player in front f them, not 100% sure though :confused: ) but overall a good plaeyer in his day and still a decent player now.

Still offers us something as a versitile player on the pitch and and older head off it - part of Griffiths calming down this season may have been - i reckon - been to having roomed with Maybory (an older head) on our ore-season tour

Rossco1875
29-12-2012, 11:20 PM
i tryed to start allllllll alllll super alllllllllll but it did not work:greengrin

.Sean.
29-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Sean, I have only read your post, and I think you are takin' pish my man. ah dinnae like Jambos, but despite his previous I think he tries to do his job. not my choice but never would boo a Hfc player just coming on to the fray!

Aw is that right, 'my man'? To be honest I couldn't give a toss if you think i'm talking pish. Plenty others on this thread witnessed these morons and it's not the first time that bunch have made for really unpleasant viewing in the section they sit in.

And the abuse was definately aimed at Maybury, all growls and snarls. Vile and the idiots need to have a word with themselves.

The abuse they dished out says more about them than it does about Alan Maybury. Those on this thread who have seen them 'in action' at the football will know exactly what I mean by that.

.Sean.
29-12-2012, 11:33 PM
I hope the reference to near the stairs isn't the guys in Section 42 half way up.

Why?

--------
29-12-2012, 11:37 PM
He's a good mate of mine, was talking to him on Boxing day at half time, was saying his son is now a Hibs fan and wanted a Hibs strip for Xmas, oh and by the way he's a massive Leeds fan, only connection to Heart is the fact that as a pro footballer he's played fir them :(

He came out to do a football evening with our Boys' Brigade in November. Very solid guy, very good with the boys, promised to come back again sometime in the spring and do another.

One thing I have absolutely no doubt of - Alan gives 100% whoever he's playing for. The sort of abuse he was getting today (quite audible on Alaba) is atrocious.

--------
29-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Maybury should never be abused, even in a roundabout way.

Oh my ... get the polis! :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2012, 11:41 PM
I never heard him being booed, not to say it never happened?

CropleyWasGod
29-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Oh my ... get the polis! :rolleyes:

Whoosh?? :greengrin

hibs4thecup1988
30-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Booing and "you hearts b...." definetly happened in the famous five stand.

Right behind the goals. Shocking and they got told so too.

JIm
30-12-2012, 12:23 AM
I witnessed this in the east also and its the exact same folk as mentioned in initial thread. Absolute muppets and are pretty regular abusers.

cid1875
30-12-2012, 12:32 AM
These so called fans should go along to the under20s games where maybury is ever present lending a hand in coaching, helping bring through these younger lads into the fold of the first team. Keep it up maybs,ggtth.

neilmartinrocks
30-12-2012, 12:59 AM
Must admit to booing and chanting "you hearts *******" as he came on.....but i, and boys i was sat beside, were aiming this at thompson NOT MAYBURY!!

Wheat Hound
30-12-2012, 01:13 AM
Must admit to booing and chanting "you hearts *******" as he came on.....but i, and boys i was sat beside, were aiming this at thompson NOT MAYBURY!!

Agree. I only heard and interpreted any such chants as being directed at the cheating ref.....I was sitting at the back of the east right on the half way line mark and didn't hear anything against Alan

hfc rd
30-12-2012, 01:44 AM
I wasn't at the game today but if its true that Maybury was booed by some idiots in the Hibs end, then it's a disgrace. The guy may not be everyone's favourite player but one thing Maybury brings to the team is passion. He never gives up and works his socks off all the time. Always helping the young lads when they come on. A good experienced pro. I don't understand why some idiots that do these pathetic things call themselves Hibs fans. It's just utter wrong.

JohnStephens91
30-12-2012, 01:50 AM
A good solid SPL level defender with bags of experience who always gives his all in a match, I don't see the problem there even if he did play for Hearts, is he not the kind of squad player that we would have needed in previous years? There was certainly a loud boo as his name was read out and he ran onto the pitch, it could have been a coincidence as it has never happened before, but if it wasn't then the people who did this should be ashamed.

hibs4thecup1988
30-12-2012, 02:56 AM

Why did you do it at that precise moment?

EdinMike
30-12-2012, 03:07 AM
I'll admit I muttered to myself, "Oh ****, here we go.."

But I would never boo the guy. I've spoken to him, he's a great guy... Just get a little bit more panicky when I see him on the park :greengrin

Russ
30-12-2012, 04:15 AM

I was sat in row W seat 174, I never heard any such chants, but as the title says, if true, you're a @@@@@@@ disgrace, the guys been nothing but a solid professional for us, who gives a @@@@ if he's an ex yam.

lucky
30-12-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm in the East just the FF side of halfway line never heard anything untowards him. Clancy had run his race and was struggling. Maybury came on and Samaras was never in the game again. If he had never played for them he would never get mentioned on here in the negative way he does. He is a very good SPL squad player who can cover several positions competently

Borderhibbie76
30-12-2012, 08:24 AM
I thought we tightened up down our right when maybury came on and was great sub by fenlon as clancy had ran his race and was also on a yellow! I am FF lower and deffo heard booing when he came on, prob same young idiots who were ripping the piss out of kuqi when he came on last wed v Ross county

hibbysam
30-12-2012, 08:31 AM
I know exactly who your meaning Sean.. The same group who sat and full on abused stack at every opportunity last season! Shouting because he wouldnt go fighting with them after a game.. I also had a guy behind me yesterday full of hatred towards Gary deegan..? What a fickle bunch of supporters we have, one of the reasons I hate big crowds at Easter road!

Alfred E Newman
30-12-2012, 08:40 AM
I'm in the East just the FF side of halfway line never heard anything untowards him. Clancy had run his race and was struggling. Maybury came on and Samaras was never in the game again. If he had never played for them he would never get mentioned on here in the negative way he does. He is a very good SPL squad player who can cover several positions competently

Well said.

neilmartinrocks
30-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Why did you do it at that precise moment?

I said as not when. some were chanting the same as handling came on does that mean handling is a hearts ******* or does that not suit you?

1two
30-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Maybury sat further back than Clancy which stoppe them getting behind our defence. He took up this position as soon as he came on and was probably instructed to do so by Fenlon. He had a good solid game.

andyf5
30-12-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm in the east, lower sect 43, and heard the chanting which I understood was aimed at Thomson and had been chanted a few times at him. Never for a moment thought it was directed at Maybury and not sure why original poster thinks it was. Heard the same chants at St Johnstone game when Thomson was ref but not Dundee, Kilmarnock or Motherwell away.

neilmartinrocks
30-12-2012, 09:37 AM
I'm in the east, lower sect 43, and heard the chanting which I understood was aimed at Thomson and had been chanted a few times at him. Never for a moment thought it was directed at Maybury and not sure why original poster thinks it was. Heard the same chants at St Johnstone game when Thomson was ref but not Dundee, Kilmarnock or Motherwell away.

My thoughts exactly. but doesnt make as exciting reading as "hibs fans abuse own player" though.

lord bunberry
30-12-2012, 09:41 AM
My thoughts exactly. but doesnt make as exciting reading as "hibs fans abuse own player" though.

If you believe that there was no booing directed towards maybury when he came on your kidding yourself on

.Sean.
30-12-2012, 09:42 AM

Will give it a a ****ing rest are you one of these twats that were at it or something? They're a bunch of fannies and they're at it every week, I know this as my season ticket isn't far from them. Other posters have verified it.

neilmartinrocks
30-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Will give it a a ****ing rest are you one of these twats that were at it or something? They're a bunch of fannies and they're at it every week, I know this as my season ticket isn't far from them. Other posters have verified it.

Aye o.k. your right then.

brythehibby
30-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Im sure thomson was right in front of the east stand when maybury came on, and im sure thats where the 'you hearts b*****d' chant was aimed at.

Having said that the plum behind me shouted 'get to ****** maybury you hearts b*****d'. I turned round and told him to give it a rest and he started having a go at me.

He was also racist towards wanyama all game telling him to 'go home' along with other racist crap. East stand row S seat 168. Anyone that sits round about there will know this idiot. Been reported, the guys a clown of the highest order.

Bostonhibby
30-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Watched it on beam back and I thought Maybury had another good game when he came on, I know the guy has been credited with a couple of mistakes in the past but he brings a helluva lot more to the team and the culture than many who have gone before. He is one of a number of recent signings who have played a part in making us better this season. On the hearts thing I just see him as a good footballer who they paid the right level of wages to attract when he was on the way up, see no particular loyalty to them ala Rudi the big nosed jambo fae Dundee Utd.

He seems to have a professional approach to what he does and has kept himself fit and competetive, he can play a good few positions and yesterday I thought he did a great job of closing down the threat from that side of the pitch, he's an intelligent player who knew exactly what the value of his long trot into the celtc half with the ball was worth to us in the dying minutes. If the plums in question have the grey matter to have memories I suggest they are short ones!

Never have booed a Hibs player once the jersey's on, never will and if that's whats happening I would always say something to the plum who is doing it........

Paisley Hibby
30-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Im sure thomson was right in front of the east stand when maybury came on, and im sure thats where the 'you hearts b*****d' chant was aimed at.

Having said that the plum behind me shouted 'get to ****** maybury you hearts b*****d'. I turned round and told him to give it a rest and he started having a go at me.

He was also racist towards wanyama all game telling him to 'go home' along with other racist crap. East stand row S seat 168. Anyone that sits round about there will know this idiot. Been reported, the guys a clown of the highest order.

Hope you are right that it was all directed at Thomson. However, if there is anyone reading this thread who DID boo Maybury then it would be good if they could post to explain why.

I was at Bayview when Maybury first played for us (as a trialist) in the pre-season friendly against East Fife. I remember thinking that it was the first time in ages I had seen Hibs playing with a full back who looked the part. FWIW I think we are fortunate to have him.

As for the racist crap, what can you say? Ignorant idiots with not enough brain cells to rub together.

hibs4thecup1988
30-12-2012, 11:08 AM
I said as not when. some were chanting the same as handling came on does that mean handling is a hearts ******* or does that not suit you?

I asked why do it when Maybury was coming on? Thomson had done nothing wrong at that point, or is that just the easy excuse?

People were booing Maybury simple as that. You could hear the groans when his number went up. Who cares that he played for them, so what?

Now if it was Ian Black then fair enough...!

.Sean.
30-12-2012, 11:08 AM

If he's the row behind you, you must only be a few seats along from me on R. I have my season ticket there. Did this guy have on a black quilted jacket and greasy, greying slicked back hair?

For the record guys, I wouldn't have posted such a negative thread without good reason. The chants from them were definately aimed at Maybury, it's not the first time they've directed such vitriol at a Hibs player either. It's totally out of order, doesn't do anybody any good and it's got to stop.

Chuck Rhoades
30-12-2012, 11:09 AM

I know exactly who you are on about. They've been booted out the ground several times. Fighting with other Hibbys too. Disgrace.

If he comes on it's not his fault, PF makes the choice.

Used to be Jambo but he's alright now.

brythehibby
30-12-2012, 11:22 AM
If he's the row behind you, you must only be a few seats along from me on R. I have my season ticket there. Did this guy have on a black quilted jacket and greasy, greying slicked back hair?

For the record guys, I wouldn't have posted such a negative thread without good reason. The chants from them were definately aimed at Maybury, it's not the first time they've directed such vitriol at a Hibs player either. It's totally out of order, doesn't do anybody any good and it's got to stop.

Thats the guy. Think he usually sits in front of you ive seen him a few times. Bad enough with the crap about maybury but the racist stuff was even more out of order. If i had to sit next to him every week id move seats. Even when i had a go at him he just sat and justified what he was shouting. Plum

NorthNorfolkHFC
30-12-2012, 11:50 AM

No it wasn't

NorthNorfolkHFC
30-12-2012, 11:54 AM
I have a season in t178 so I had the pleasure of listening to the racist/homophobic abuse yesterday.

It's the same crowd every week, total a*******s!

trev the hat
30-12-2012, 12:02 PM
I have a season in t178 so I had the pleasure of listening to the racist/homophobic abuse yesterday.

It's the same crowd every week, total a*******s!

If seat numbers are known, complaints should be forwarded to ER, if enough are made they'll either stop it or be banned. Not acceptable nor should it be.

clerriehibs
30-12-2012, 12:08 PM
If seat numbers are known, complaints should be forwarded to ER, if enough are made they'll either stop it or be banned. Not acceptable nor should it be.

Tell the club ... they WILL do something about it. I know. I used to sit in the FF with my kids. Directly behind was a foul mouthed racist idiot, who took his very well mannered kid to the games. When it got to the stage that the kid was asking him to be quiet, I contacted the club. Next couple of games there was hardly a cheep out the guy, and he eventually stopped going. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Felt sorry for the kid though, but he'll be of an age now that he'll hopefully be getting himself along.

leithsansiro
30-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Not Maybury-related, but with regards to booing in general, I hate it. It does nothing to benefit the team that you support and only serves to make people perform worse.

I recall a few years ago (mid nineties, I think), Hibs versus Kilmarnock at Eater Road. Some old boy pretty much sprinted down the steps of the old East to scream abuse at Pat McGinlay. Always has stuck in my mind. How is that supposed to help anyone wearing our green shirt?

andyf5
30-12-2012, 01:31 PM

Fair enough - I see that quite a few others back you up. Was hard to believe from Hibs fans. I still think the load chants as heard on BBC Alba were for the ref.

down-the-slope
30-12-2012, 02:08 PM
What annoys me particularly was that there was nothing in yesterdays performance from any of the 14 players to be critical of...they all did the jobs they were asked to and collectively got a result.

In west lower From behind / upper there was audible booing when Alan came on. He is the perfect kind of pro and role model for the younger lads. A great player for the squad as he will competently cover several positions.

We do seem to suffer from an excess of total numpties who need to have a scape goat player to abuse, rather than be supportive of who ever is wearing the shirt.

The 'he has made mistakes / cost us goals' argument for such behaviors is just tosh...If that were so McPake would be due just as much or more this season

Support the team during games - the clue is in the name :rolleyes:

PS - as has been said point such idiots out to stewards / inform club as action will get taken.

Will make a point of bringing this up at next LWT meeting

silverhibee
30-12-2012, 02:28 PM

"Maybury ya f***ing hertz c***" "boooooooooooooooooooooo"

That doesn't sound like it was being aimed at the ref.

silverhibee
30-12-2012, 02:29 PM

:rolleyes:

ancient hibee
30-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Wonder what these guys-obviously not bright enough to be called morons would have made of Willie Hamilton or Alan Gordon?

.Sean.
30-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Aye o.k. your right then.Yeah, i'm absolutely bang on. :agree:

Johnny Clash
30-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Booing Hibs players is never acceptable - even if we are playing crap... so doing it when we're having a good game against Celtic is just pathetic and the dick heads who did this should be ashamed.

Previous point about Willie Hamilton and Alan Gordon is a good one. Also I'm sure Hibee legend Gordon Smith
grew up a Jambo then signed for us, became a Hibs Hero, then when released by us due to injury was signed by Hearts. So does that make him a villain?

Of course not. No more than Pat Stanton playing for Celtic.

Some people need to grow up... and as for the racist tube previously mentioned... an absolute disgrace to our club!

I'm just glad the rest of our support were brilliant... and as much as I think the 'stay away' fans should get behind the team... the capful of racist dick heads we have should stay away for good... never welcome at ER.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2012, 03:52 PM
There's a guy who sits around me who slates Wotherspoon EVERY week, the lad can do no good whatsoever.

Yesterday he was giving Doyle a roasting, and after Doyle had given the ball away he roared at the top of his voice , FENLON FFS GET WOTHERSPPON ON. Well his mates who listen to him every week all were stunned into silence, then they all started laughing at the same time.

The guy wouldn't know a footballer, or how to play the game if one came up and booted him in the baws. And his high pitch winey voice leads me to believe this has happened in the past?

linlithgowhibbie
30-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Lad behind me in FF upper gave it "This is F'ing ******" almost continuously for 10 mins in the 2nd half. His 2 pals were just laughing at him. Then he came out with "I hope they F'ing equalise, that would show them!".
I had to ask him what team he supported after that! Total twat, his 2 pals couldn't believe what he was on about.

silverhibee
31-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Lad behind me in FF upper gave it "This is F'ing ******" almost continuously for 10 mins in the 2nd half. His 2 pals were just laughing at him. Then he came out with "I hope they F'ing equalise, that would show them!".
I had to ask him what team he supported after that! Total twat, his 2 pals couldn't believe what he was on about.

Acid. :dunno: :greengrin

jane_says
31-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Maybury was definitely booed, started around section 41/42 then a few in the FF joined in, although funnily enough when I shouted back in the direction of where it came from that they shouldn't bother coming back there was no reply. Pathetic.

StevieC
31-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Maybury sat further back than Clancy which stoppe them getting behind our defence.

He does that every game, and while it might stop them getting in behind our defence it allows cross after cross to be fed into the box from the left winger/midfielder. Clancy is further up because he is actually prepared to put a tackle in.

--------
31-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Wonder what these guys-obviously not bright enough to be called morons would have made of Willie Hamilton or Alan Gordon?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/hamilton-s-forgotten-genius-lit-up-lives-1-690142

For those who don't know. Willie owned the pitch that night against Real - and there aren't many people you can say that about in a match when Puskas was playing. He was the finest natiural footballer I've ever seen - though I think the link is a wee bit charitable.

He could be a complete pain in the backside to his boss when he put his mind to it. :wink:

Alan Gordon was a wonderful player who scored 51 goals in 84 League matches for us - that's not counting his goals in the Cups and in Europe which I would guess would take his total to over 60 in less than 100 games? He certainly had a better goals-to-games ratio than Coilin Stein.

Ralph Callachan came to us from Hearts via Newcastle, and was a rare spark of light in an otherwise weary, dreary period of numpties and carthorses and downright disasters in the green-and-white. What used to be called an inside left, and a very good one too, IIRC.

Jimmy Brown came to us direct from Tynecastle and was a real source of strength in our promotion battle in 1980-81 - rigght-sided midfielder who gave 100% every game. I can't quite remember, but my impression is that he might have been our captain? He was certainly the guy who drove the midfield - 'Nessun Dorma' when Jimmy was about.

And Gordon Marshall Snr was our goalie 1969-71 - came from Hearts via Newcastle and Forest and did very well for us. (A lot better goalie than his son was.)

So coming to ER from Tynie doesn't mean that a player isn't going to be committed and successful in the green-and-white.

I see nothing about the way Alan Maybury plays to suggest that he's anything other than 100% committed to Hibs. I've met him and spoken to him, and I know one of his close relatives well, and I KNOW he isn't the sort of guy who would sell the jersey at any time.

He's a member of the squad, perhaps not a first-choice player, but has anyone considered where we would have been without him while Clancy's been injured?

Some people just have no grip of reality.

Just Alf
31-12-2012, 01:54 PM
"Maybury ya f***ing hertz c***" "boooooooooooooooooooooo"

That doesn't sound like it was being aimed at the ref.

Thanks, saved me from saying it myself!

Phil MaGlass
01-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Mibbe Sect43 can drown out the ar5eholes at the next home game?

Bostonhibby
01-01-2013, 09:29 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/hamilton-s-forgotten-genius-lit-up-lives-1-690142

For those who don't know. Willie owned the pitch that night against Real - and there aren't many people you can say that about in a match when Puskas was playing. He was the finest natiural footballer I've ever seen - though I think the link is a wee bit charitable.

He could be a complete pain in the backside to his boss when he put his mind to it. :wink:

Alan Gordon was a wonderful player who scored 51 goals in 84 League matches for us - that's not counting his goals in the Cups and in Europe which I would guess would take his total to over 60 in less than 100 games? He certainly had a better goals-to-games ratio than Coilin Stein.

Ralph Callachan came to us from Hearts via Newcastle, and was a rare spark of light in an otherwise weary, dreary period of numpties and carthorses and downright disasters in the green-and-white. What used to be called an inside left, and a very good one too, IIRC.

Jimmy Brown came to us direct from Tynecastle and was a real source of strength in our promotion battle in 1980-81 - rigght-sided midfielder who gave 100% every game. I can't quite remember, but my impression is that he might have been our captain? He was certainly the guy who drove the midfield - 'Nessun Dorma' when Jimmy was about.

And Gordon Marshall Snr was our goalie 1969-71 - came from Hearts via Newcastle and Forest and did very well for us. (A lot better goalie than his son was.)

So coming to ER from Tynie doesn't mean that a player isn't going to be committed and successful in the green-and-white.

I see nothing about the way Alan Maybury plays to suggest that he's anything other than 100% committed to Hibs. I've met him and spoken to him, and I know one of his close relatives well, and I KNOW he isn't the sort of guy who would sell the jersey at any time.

He's a member of the squad, perhaps not a first-choice player, but has anyone considered where we would have been without him while Clancy's been injured?

Some people just have no grip of reality.

Great post Doddie, brought back some good memories of Ralph Callachan, he was a terrific player, his family lived in the same scheme as mine and it was a blow that he went to Hearts before Hibs! - popular guy.

Alan Gordon goes without saying, one of my all time favourites, met him a good few times in Mathers on Broughton street when he worked for Radio Forth and I worked in Albany Street, even signed my 0-7 Programme for me. Gentleman who clearly had a soft spot for Hibs wherever else he played. Model front man, great in the air and on the ground.

--------
01-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Great post Doddie, brought back some good memories of Ralph Callachan, he was a terrific player, his family lived in the same scheme as mine and it was a blow that he went to Hearts before Hibs! - popular guy.

Alan Gordon goes without saying, one of my all time favourites, met him a good few times in Mathers on Broughton street when he worked for Radio Forth and I worked in Albany Street, even signed my 0-7 Programme for me. Gentleman who clearly had a soft spot for Hibs wherever else he played. Model front man, great in the air and on the ground.

I should also have mentioned Eric Stevenson, who was a signed Hearts player before he repented and came over from the Dark Side. He played on the left wing in over 300 games for us in all competitions (I'd guess), was a regular goal-scorer, and must have won us as many penalties as goals scored. He wasn't a diver - he had the knack of pushing the ball past (or through) the full-back, then very subtly changing pace and direction so that the tackler missed the ball and took him instead. A terrific player.

There was also Chris Shevlane, who played 66 games for us at RB from 1968 to 71.

Golden Bear
01-01-2013, 11:42 AM
I should also have mentioned Eric Stevenson, who was a signed Hearts player before he repented and came over from the Dark Side. He played on the left wing in over 300 games for us in all competitions (I'd guess), was a regular goal-scorer, and must have won us as many penalties as goals scored. He wasn't a diver - he had the knack of pushing the ball past (or through) the full-back, then very subtly changing pace and direction so that the tackler missed the ball and took him instead. A terrific player.

There was also Chris Shevlane, who played 66 games for us at RB from 1968 to 71.

And another --------- Roy Barry.

--------
01-01-2013, 11:55 AM
And another --------- Roy Barry.

Indeed.

Presumably the morons who were booing and avbusing AM would have similarly booed and abused all of these guys?

It occurs to me that we're now getting pretty close to a very good complete team. If we take in Gordon Smith - who was a Hearts supporter who went from Hibs to Hearts - we have a forward line of Smith, Hamilton, Gordon, Callachan and Stevenson, with Marshall in goal, Shevlane at RB and a half-back line of Brown, Barry and Maybury. Left-back, anyone?

Smith, Hamilton, Gordon, Callachan and Stevenson at their prime and playing together would rock my boat any day of the week.

Bostonhibby
01-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Indeed.

Presumably the morons who were booing and avbusing AM would have similarly booed and abused all of these guys?

It occurs to me that we're now getting pretty close to a very good complete team. If we take in Gordon Smith - who was a Hearts supporter who went from Hibs to Hearts - we have a forward line of Smith, Hamilton, Gordon, Callachan and Stevenson, with Marshall in goal, Shevlane at RB and a half-back line of Brown, Barry and Maybury. Left-back, anyone?

Smith, Hamilton, Gordon, Callachan and Stevenson at their prime and playing together would rock my boat any day of the week.

Roy "the wheel" Barry would probably have climbed the fence and knocked them out - wasn't the best CH we had but could put himself about and always got stuck in.

Golden Bear
01-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Indeed.

We'll play Alan Maybury at left back and bring in Michael Stewart to the midfield.(sorry half backs :wink:)

Sorted.