PDA

View Full Version : big ben (Merged)

Iceman1875
29-12-2012, 05:45 PM
what a save in the second half!:thumbsup:

:flag:

cocopops1875
29-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Best save I have seen in a long time (certainly from a Hibs keeper)

VickMackie
His save in the first half onto the post was brilliant. Was offside in the end but his reactions are great.

Unbelievable save :top marks

Westie1875
29-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Best keeper we have had in a very long time :agree: :thumbsup:

hungryhibs
29-12-2012, 05:47 PM
He was different class the day we need to get him on a longer contract

#FromTheCapital
29-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Are we all in agreement that he is the safest pair of hands we have had in a long time?

Had one cracking save today and done the simple things very well. Replace him with any of our recent keepers and I think we may have been drowning our sorrows today instead of celebrating.

Northernhibee
29-12-2012, 05:48 PM
He'll play in the EPL in the future. Wonderful keeper.

lucky
29-12-2012, 06:03 PM
I did not think he had a lot to do. But the best keeper we've had in year's

trev the hat
29-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Top keeper & as PF says we're lucky to have him.
Well done big fella !!!

Onceinawhile
29-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Best keeper we have had since Jim Leighton.

Seveno
29-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Great game today.

Thank **** the circus has left town and we have stopped employing clowns.

Northernhibee
29-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Best keeper we have had since Jim Leighton.

:agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Best keeper since Anderssen.

HibeeSince85
29-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Best keeper since Anderssen.

Better than him. What I like the most is at the start he was clearly dodgy with crosses but it's been worked on and he's improved by it.

Great keeper.

Pretty Boy
29-12-2012, 07:09 PM
I did not think he had a lot to do. But the best keeper we've had in year's

Sign of a good keeper. Pulls off the big saves even after not having a lot to do for much of the game.

iwasthere1972
29-12-2012, 08:29 PM
From my vantage point in the west stand I truly thought it was the equaliser. Brilliant save. Also makes a change to have a keeper who can kick the ball without it ending up in one of the stands.

Scooter
29-12-2012, 08:41 PM
His saves against Hoopers were first class and if it had been foster the papers would have been creaming them selfs touting him for another England call

matty_f
29-12-2012, 08:45 PM
From my vantage point in the west stand I truly thought it was the equaliser. Brilliant save. Also makes a change to have a keeper who can kick the ball without it ending up in one of the stands.

Just about had my head in my hands with that moment... Incredible save in the second half. A match-winning save, in fact.

Green Fish
29-12-2012, 08:56 PM
He is the man - plain and simple, end of. :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
30-12-2012, 06:13 AM
Looking forward to the St Mirren game to see if the clowns who sit behind me still abuse him. They did last game I was at, from the minute he walked on to the pitch.

WellingtonHibby
30-12-2012, 08:12 AM
I think I love Ben Williams a bit. Man crush.

Borderhibbie76
30-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Tremendous keeper who will play at a far higher level than spl! Great signin by paddy and doesnt get praise he deserves imo

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2012, 08:20 AM
When he first arrived he was making terrific saves, but making some horrendous errors at the same time.

He got away with them because we were winning and on a good run. He's cut out those mistakes, and looks like the best keeper we have had for a while.

I wont go overboard and say he will play in the EPL like someone said earlier, thats not going to happen.

He can become part of a very good Hibs side though, and if i remember correctly he signed a 2 year deal, maybe its time to give him an extension?

cocopops1875
30-12-2012, 08:53 AM
When he first arrived he was making terrific saves, but making some horrendous errors at the same time.

He got away with them because we were winning and on a good run. He's cut out those mistakes, and looks like the best keeper we have had for a while.

I wont go overboard and say he will play in the EPL like someone said earlier, thats not going to happen.

He can become part of a very good Hibs side though, and if i remember correctly he signed a 2 year deal, maybe its time to give him an extension?

Agree with you Blackpool, Im a huge fan of Big Ben but Premiership chat is mental at this stage (remember no EPL side was really interested in McGregor) he has his flaws but has clearly worked hard to minimise this and has really improved at crosses/cross selection :thumbsup: We are in Safe Hands and that feels great :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-12-2012, 09:12 AM
If Williams can play like he did yesterday, then anything can happen. John Ruddy was doing nothing in the stiffs at Everton, and look what a loan spell at Motherwell in the SPL did for his career.

#FromTheCapital
30-12-2012, 09:27 AM
By all accounts he is a good lad also. Apparently can't wait to beat the "inbred ****" at tynecastle :-D

cocopops1875
30-12-2012, 09:38 AM
By all accounts he is a good lad also. Apparently can't wait to beat the "inbred ****" at tynecastle :-D

Seems a good lad, I used to deal with his old glove supplier and Mike at React could not speak highly enough of him i was aware of Ben before he came to us through my dealings with Mike and he was always very well thought of as a Keeper and as a Guy, He really has kicked on with us and i agree he is easily the best keeper since Big Jim :thumbsup:

lord bunberry
30-12-2012, 09:39 AM

I like him even more now

TornadoHibby
30-12-2012, 10:10 AM

:top marks

Spot on BH, that save from Hooper's deflected shot in the second half yesterday was nothing short of incredible and its very reassuring to know that we now have a keeper who can do that when required to but has also matured into a keeper who knows when to come out for crosses and when to stay on his line and when to rush attackers running at him with the ball and when to leave that work to others! :agree:

I really like the guy and agree that we should be getting him tied up on a longer contract as soon as possible! :agree:

cocopops1875
30-12-2012, 11:26 AM
If Williams can play like he did yesterday, then anything can happen. John Ruddy was doing nothing in the stiffs at Everton, and look what a loan spell at Motherwell in the SPL did for his career.

Ruddy 6ft 4in aged 26
Williams 6ft 0in aged 30

Though there are small keepers in the EPL 6ft is pretty wee, Vorm at Swansea would be the only one that springs to mind but 6ft 4in seems to be the league average , Willams would be very unusual as a target for an EPL side having got to 30 and having never played in a big league and at only 6ft i think its HIGHLY unlikely that he would be what an EPL club was looking for. Not trying to be a dick just saying :greengrin