PDA

View Full Version : Eoin Doyle

Diclonius
29-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Is he a winger in disguise?

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2012, 06:30 PM
No. He is a player being played out of position., which is a Hibs habit we need to get out of. Ran himself into the ground though.

Northernhibee
29-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Is he a winger in disguise?

That's where he used to play in Ireland.

Work with a former LOI player who speaks very highly of the lad (and also of PF).

keep the faith
29-12-2012, 06:31 PM
MOM today

danhibees1875
29-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Done well today and chased everything down. :agree:

Just needs to work on his heading a little by the looksnof it. :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
29-12-2012, 06:33 PM
what about Mayburys sprint up the pitch, potential winger in there :-) lol

Doyle worked his erchie off and can do a good job there (on either side), good move by Pat today. Pleasing thing was we created chances too and didnt just sit in for the whole game.

jw1410
29-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Thought he was tremendous on that wing today but perhaps a bit lacking in fitness, probably a lot more work than he was used to. Would happily play him there next week.

Pretty Boy
29-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Thought his movement on the wing looked good. He actually seems to try and get in behind the defender rather than hogging the touchline like a statue.

Worked his erse off too.

thebakerboy
Thought the manager made 1 small mistake today. Sparky was knackered and needed to come of but IMHO Handling should have come on up front (or Caldwell) and Doyle left against Isiguire 'cause he was ripping him to bits and was going to get a pen , a yellow card or even red card . Maybe even a goal , he had him on toast in attack and defence and to me looked their weakest link and should have been attacked more. By the way the one pen claim we had was dubious at best but was a stick on corner.

jodjam
He'll sleep like a baby tonight. Great effort

VickMackie
29-12-2012, 06:37 PM
He played well today and defended brilliantly on occasions.

jw1410
29-12-2012, 06:38 PM
what about Mayburys sprint up the pitch, potential winger in there :-) lol

When he got caught by I think McCourt some lad behind me was shouting about him being pish :rolleyes:. Good play from a RB, and he's no spring chicken either! :top marks

hibee_girl
29-12-2012, 06:38 PM
He was excellent today, his defensive work was outstanding

sbell1875
29-12-2012, 07:00 PM
I've said all season how highly I rate Doyle. Put in a phenomenal shift today and was unlucky not to score. He snatched at both chance a bit too quickly but he was superb otherwise.

Iceman1875
29-12-2012, 07:03 PM
reminds me of Stevie Crawford with his work rate for the team, excellent today.should have been subbed around 70mins...

.Sean.
29-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Great player and well suited to this level. Fantastic reader of the game and I think he's our most intelligent player.

hibee_girl
29-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Great player and well suited to this level. Fantastic reader of the game and I think he's our most intelligent player.

:agree:

I've said this since his first game for us

lord bunberry
29-12-2012, 07:14 PM

It was he ran himself into the ground today and lasted the full 90 minutes which was great

Seveno
29-12-2012, 07:21 PM
I'm struggling to name my MotM, for all the best of reasons. I think that Eoin probably shades though for all his work and a large measure of class.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Simply he plays for the team or where Pat asks him to play. He's played left or right in a few games, where he has a great engine to support the full back or get forward. He obviously would prefer to play up front, but we don't have too many players who can play that wing back position, hence the reason we may be interested in Liam Craig

haagsehibby
29-12-2012, 09:04 PM
He had a great game and his tracking back defensively was fantastic. I would have given him motm but for the fact he's a ginger :greengrin

Iain G
29-12-2012, 09:11 PM
He had a great game and his tracking back defensively was fantastic. I would have given him motm but for the fact he's a ginger :greengrin

Much improved on his Ross County display, he needed just a weebit more composure in the box sometimes today

Jim44
29-12-2012, 09:30 PM
I really rate Doyle. His workrate is second to none and I think some folk underrate his skills. There was evidence of this in extra time when from a high clearance from McPake, he killed the ball on his foot and saw off two or three Celtic players before making a good pass down the right wing. He more than deserves to be a first pick in the team these days.

AlbertK86
29-12-2012, 09:46 PM
To me Doyle did a fantastic job - exactly what a winger should

He was brilliant at tracking back and putting a tackle in

Going forward he took his man on at every opportunity

No coincedence that we never lost a goal today because he and the rest of the midfield were prepared to do the dirty work tracking and tackling

Joint MOM with Claros for me

Well done Doyler

Hope Pat keeps you RW for the derby

Allez Allez Allez Oh

GGTTH

Green Fish
29-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Gave 100% - thought he looked a bit rushed and flustered today, usually so composed and intelligent player - GG:flag:

offshorehibby
29-12-2012, 10:16 PM
I thought Doyle put in a great shift, thought he he tracked back and put some good tackles in as well.

InterviewLoI
29-12-2012, 10:37 PM
That's where he used to play in Ireland.

Work with a former LOI player who speaks very highly of the lad (and also of PF).

Sorry but that's incorrect! He even said that to the fans in an interview when he first joined! HE was an out-and-out, record breaking striker at Sligo
Just a common misconception!

Northernhibee
29-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Sorry but that's incorrect! He even said that to the fans in an interview when he first joined! HE was an out-and-out, record breaking striker at Sligo

Nope, must be Eoin that's wrong :na na:

greenlex
30-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Can we get him to the gym more often to work on his strength. Particularly upper body. The amount of times he gets shoved off the ball frustrates the hell out me. He needs to learn to jump a fraction earlier too.

500miles
30-12-2012, 12:33 AM
He gets a lot more space out wide than he would in a more advanced central position. His movement is his real asset, and that extra yard of space makes all the difference.

hibbymick
30-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Doyle done well but shouldve scored a couple at least and eased the pressure a bit.Im impressed with griffiths tho who is the size of a pipe cleaner and can hold the ball up better than Doyle.

iwasthere1972
30-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Played well today. Well impressed with his tracking back and defending. Doylie steps up to the plate.

Fergus52
30-12-2012, 03:20 AM

When I went across to see Sligo, about 6 months before we signed him, he was playing left wing in a 4-2-3-1, with Mathew blinkhorn as the striker, and Joseph Ndo playing 'in the hole'

Eaststand
30-12-2012, 07:43 AM

100% agreed, Lots of good performances today but Doyle was my MOM and I reckon he's one of our best and has become a very very good SPL player.

The defensive side of Doyles game when the opposition have the ball, is often overlooked by some though. He always tracks back when we lose possession and often hassles the other team into making mistakes and we then get control back from that. He also seems to clear the ball out of our box at set pieces quite a lot, and for a forward to be doing that means lots of effort getting up and down the park

If Paddy can find a couple more LOI players with the same honesty, workrate and skills as Doyle, we'll be winning a lot more games than we lose

GGTTH

Borderhibbie76
30-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Personally I cant believe the stick Doyle gets from some "fans". He has only scored a few less than griffiths and I believe he will score between 15 - 20 by end of season. The guy works his socks off for team and put in a tremendous shift yest. Also some forget the number of times eoin takes up great positions and never gets the pass from LG, who as much as I admire and pray we keep him, can be somewhat greedy at times...

hibsbollah
30-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Missed a great chance to make it 2-0 with that header first half, missed another good chance first half after making the chance for himself with some great harrying, and missed a third chance second half. Unbelievably work rate though, and deserves plaudits for his defensive work.

HibeeN
30-12-2012, 09:28 AM
If Doyle was penalty taker instead of Griffiths he would be on 12 (assuming he'd score them all) and Griffiths would be on 10. There isn't as much between them as some think and Doyle has been as vital for us this season as Griffiths. Great player and hope he is here for a while to come.