PDA

View Full Version : The Crowd

Jack Hackett
29-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Lots of threads with players names as titles, so I thought I'd big up the other important ingredient today

YOUS THE PUNTERS :flag:

Better than anything the yams have achieved this season....including their so called 'last ever game'. :top marks

DarrenSQH
29-12-2012, 06:02 PM
I don't think any football stadium in Edinburgh apart from Easter road holds that much.

HibeeN
29-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Good atmosphere - crowd was behind the players all through the game, got a real sense of encouragement from the supporters, who were probably feeding off the battling performances from the players.

Celtic were loud when they did sing, but that wasn't very often. :wink:

SkintHibby
29-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Hibernian is the big team in Edinburgh again and I smell the fear over the road.

ozzie
29-12-2012, 06:10 PM
What did the banner say at section 43 couldnt see it properly from ff

MSK
29-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Hibernian is the big team in Edinburgh again and I smell the fear over the road.Doesnae matter how well we done today ..or any other day ..those cocky brown nosed *******s over at Noworthapound castle will be up for it ..we just have to make sure we are too ...:pfgwa

Bob Box Fish
29-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Good crowd quite a few Celtic fans in the hibs end again. One sitting next to me in FF but in fairness kept his head down and was just chatting about the game without bother.

Jack Hackett
29-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Hibernian is the big team in Edinburgh again and I smell the fear over the road.

Is that what that smell is? I just thought they didnae pay their lavvy cleaners :greengrin

Northernhibee
29-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Today showed what a negative effect TV has on our game.

JIm
29-12-2012, 06:23 PM
What did the banner say at section 43 couldnt see it properly from ff

I think the banners read:

One City
One Team
One Passion
HIbernian FC

Or something along those lines.

green day
29-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Good crowd quite a few Celtic fans in the hibs end again. One sitting next to me in FF but in fairness kept his head down and was just chatting about the game without bother.

Really? In which case a hibby got them a ticket, unless they are on the database - this was a Cat A game.

Bob Box Fish
29-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Really? In which case a hibby got them a ticket, unless they are on the database - this was a Cat A game.

Don't bother me unless they cheer when they score. Was a few asking for tickets in the hibs club too.

29-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Thought the hibs crowd were great today, got right behind the team :thumbsup:

:pfgwa

lyonhibs
29-12-2012, 06:42 PM
We'll only have more Hibs fans in ER than the Jambos have had Hearts fans if we get a 16k+ attendance when there is sod all of an away support.

Still, a great attendance to get in 13k Hibs fans and a good atmosphere to boot.

Duffys13
29-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Today showed what a negative effect TV has on our game.

Couldn't agree more, wonder what would happen with no tv long term

hungryhibs
29-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Great game every player give there all Ben Williams was out standing for us. a was there with my son and my friend and his daughter he is a Celtic fan but has got a season ticket for him and his daughter at Easter road. That prick of a ref should never get to be in charge of any hibs games he give us nothing at all very poor in my books but well done to the boys the day :pfgwa

Iceman1875
29-12-2012, 06:56 PM
the crowd did play its part today, section 43 we're brilliant as per. I thought the Celtic fans were good today too, very loud....glad we shut then up though!

sbell1875
29-12-2012, 06:56 PM
I took a Celtic supporting mate who then sat next to me today as I had a free ticket from my season ticket. He's a level headed gentleman so things were fine.

The drive home was pretty decent though I must admit!

greenlex
29-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Im disappointed with that to be honest. Their end more or less full. 3pm Sat. Not live on TV. Free tickets available. Poor show IMO.

Hibercelona
29-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Im disappointed with that to be honest. Their end more or less full. 3pm Sat. Not live on TV. Free tickets available. Poor show IMO.

The highest attendance in the SPL this season. (outwith Pond life Park)

But apparently it looked as if there were even more there? :confused:

hibee_girl
29-12-2012, 09:00 PM
It could have been more, there were plenty folk outside the East stand before kick off trying to give away their free tickets

Billy Whizz
29-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Do you how many of the crowd were free tickets?

Devilstorment
29-12-2012, 09:41 PM
I have to say i thought it didnt look as busy as I thought it was going to be considering we were giving away a +1 to every season ticket holder. do we not have about 7K ST's? so really we should have had at least 14k before we even count the tic fans

hibee_girl
29-12-2012, 09:42 PM
I have to say i thought it didnt look as busy as I thought it was going to be considering we were giving away a +1 to every season ticket holder. do we not have about 7K ST's? so really we should have had at least 14k before we even count the tic fans

The tickets weren't for every season ticket holder, you had to have renewed by April to get one IIRC

Jonnyboy
29-12-2012, 09:42 PM

That's not strictly true. Only those who renewed before a certain date were given the option of a free ticket and not everyone wanted one.

#FromTheCapital
29-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Few Celtic fans in the hibs end but to be fair I didn't see any trouble. Maybe just as well they couldn't score

frazeHFC
29-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Thought the support was very good. Section 43 was bouncing most of the game, especially when the whole stand / others stands were joining in. Loved it today and can't wait for Thursday.

:flag:

Sir David Gray
29-12-2012, 09:54 PM
It's just a pity that we can't get the 13,000 or so Hibs fans who were there today to come every week.

Having Easter Road nearly full like that really makes a difference.

ano hibby
29-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Few Celtic fans in the hibs end but to be fair I didn't see any trouble. Maybe just as well they couldn't score

Presumably they were the ones leaving from 85 mins on :confused::greengrin

markom127
29-12-2012, 10:22 PM
It's just a pity that we can't get the 13,000 or so Hibs fans who were there today to come every week.

Having Easter Road nearly full like that really makes a difference.

Its because of the prices. For me it would be £95 for a H-ST and thats alot since im still at school and skint. But above that, A H-ST for my english team Everton is £99, so the prices need to drop. Unless we are actually only £4 worse in terms of quality than Everton:thumbsup:

DarrenSQH
29-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Its because of the prices. For me it would be £95 for a H-ST and thats alot since im still at school and skint. But above that, A H-ST for my english team Everton is £99, so the prices need to drop. Unless we are actually only £4 worse in terms of quality than Everton:thumbsup:

We are better than a champions league last 16 team, never mind Everton! Haha

monktonharp
29-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Its because of the prices. For me it would be £95 for a H-ST and thats alot since im still at school and skint. But above that, A H-ST for my english team Everton is £99, so the prices need to drop. Unless we are actually only £4 worse in terms of quality than Everton:thumbsup:go watch Everton, hope you get a good deal on transport!

Speedy
29-12-2012, 10:43 PM

Did you mean to compare Hibs' most expensive package with Everton's least expensive?

You can get a half season ticket in the FF lower for £55 or FF upper for £65.

monktonharp
29-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Good crowd quite a few Celtic fans in the hibs end again. One sitting next to me in FF but in fairness kept his head down and was just chatting about the game without bother.right then, you say quite a few Celtic fans in the "Hibs " end. where exactly in the "Hibs" end were they/ how many did you spot? there were none in my section, if I recall and if there were, they'd be hunted and harrased oot very quickly. stop trying to make out that the Hibernian support didnae turn up today. there was a fairly good support, who made a good noise to drive the team on near the end. get f/kin real. I was in a section of the west, and at no point did I see any Celtic fan! and I'm in a posh area.:rolleyes:

markom127
29-12-2012, 10:46 PM
go watch Everton, hope you get a good deal on transport!

Dont worry, im here to stay, im just making the point of pricing, across the whole of scotland

Speedy
29-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Did you mean to compare Hibs' most expensive package with Everton's least expensive?

And the Hibs Futures is under 19 while Everton Juniors is under 16. A 16-20 concession starts at £189.75 :wink:

PatHead
29-12-2012, 10:52 PM
The highest attendance in the SPL this season. (outwith Pond life Park)

But apparently it looked as if there were even more there? :confused:

Aberdeen claim to have had an attendance of 18,000 exactly v Celtic this season

#FromTheCapital
29-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Presumably they were the ones leaving from 85 mins on :confused::greengrin

Funnily enough they were :-D

I had about 3 sitting next to me and I sussed them about 5 mins in, but they weren't doing any harm. I was happy for them to boost the attendance figure. Might of been different if it had been a celtic win though ;-)

LeighLoyal
29-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Didn't attend after the Rossy C mare, but will be back. Need to move back to the toon.

markom127
29-12-2012, 11:20 PM

I was comparing where i would sit at ER and where i would sit at Goodison

Sir David Gray
29-12-2012, 11:47 PM

If we continue to get good results and play good football, people will find the money to come along.

I understand that it's expensive and I fully appreciate that it's not possible for some people to afford it but hopefully we will see at least 10,000 turning up for every home match between now and the end of the season.

That should be the target.

PatHead
29-12-2012, 11:56 PM
I haven't been to either of the Christmas games due to family commitments. Up until then I have been to most home games. My 2 sons who both have season tickets weren't able to go today either.

At this time of the year people have both money and social pressures which will affect crowds. I thought today was a great turnout and having watched the game on Alba am gutted I missed a great performance.

gegs70
30-12-2012, 02:11 AM
A free ticket should be easy to gice away thoigh. However I agree foitbal is not worth £28 a game unless it is a top euro side. Families just dont have the cash.!!