PDA

View Full Version : Five in midfield

Ozyhibby
29-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Same again against Hearts please Pat.
It allows us to get on the ball a lot more and I think Doyle is more effective there.
In the win against Hearts in the cup the game only started swinging towards us when Leigh went off and we went one up front.

HibeeN
29-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Despite the similarities in the centre trio of Deegan, Taiwo and Claros, the balance of the team today felt much improved over recent weeks. We really needed the battling performances in midfield and we certainly got them, and Doyle and Cairney were effectively used to play out to and stretch Celtic.

Harsh on Spoony being on the bench, as he has shown great improvement this season, and it'd still be nice to see Cairney in a more central role, but the midfield today did an excellent job.

Credit to Fenlon - thought his tactics and subs were spot on today. :thumbsup:

hibsbollah
29-12-2012, 07:42 PM
The work rate of all front six when Celtc had the ball was nothing short of sensational:top marks How we had the energy to press like that so late in the game I have no idea.

Hibercelona
29-12-2012, 07:46 PM
I would stick with 4-4-2, but have Doyle placed between Griffiths and the midfield 4.

He's bulked up a fair bit since coming here and I think he would hold the ball up well.

Stewboy
29-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Hearts always over run is in midfield. Winning that battle on Thursday will go a long way

TheReg!
29-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Same again against Hearts please Pat.
It allows us to get on the ball a lot more and I think Doyle is more effective there.
In the win against Hearts in the cup the game only started swinging towards us when Leigh went off and we went one up front.

Absolutely mate totally agree. When I saw the 4-5-1 system I thought mmmm rather have Spoony in there, however Doyle was top notch today, supported Lee G and was a strong on the right.
Same system against them next week.

SneakersO'Toole
29-12-2012, 09:03 PM
It would folly to go back to 4-4-2 against the tramps, a system which has seen us lose a lot of goals recently.

Same team, same system on Thursday is a must. We know we can score goals so lets stifle any threat they pose and take the points back to ER.

brydekirk
29-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Today showed how much we missed Claros lately, imo