PDA

View Full Version : Tom Taiwo

Northernhibee
29-12-2012, 05:54 PM
A real gem of a player. If Claros goes he won't miss a step as a replacement, and a midfield selection of Cairney, Doyle, Wotherspoon, Claros, Deegan and Taiwo is pretty damn good for an SPL team outside Celtic. Add Craig to that and it's all the better.

Well done son, glad to have you a Hibee.

JIm
29-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Dury is still out for me, be interesting to see him playing further forward as he did today to see if he makes more of an impact. When playing in one of the deeper roles he seems reluctant to pass the ball forward.

Brebners Bookie
29-12-2012, 06:06 PM
A real gem of a player. If Claros goes he won't miss a step as a replacement, and a midfield selection of Cairney, Doyle, Wotherspoon, Claros, Deegan and Taiwo is pretty damn good for an SPL team outside Celtic. Add Craig to that and it's all the better.

Agree, my man of the match today. Kept Wanyama silent the whole game.

truehibernian
29-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Dury is still out for me, be interesting to see him playing further forward as he did today to see if he makes more of an impact. When playing in one of the deeper roles he seems reluctant to pass the ball forward.

Didn't have a pre-season, his other half I believe had a wee one, and he was unsettled in Carlisle - he's had to rapidly adjust to the pace and rigours of the SPL - I think we are now starting to see him 'grow into the strip' - I was sceptical having Tom and Jorge together, but you can tell TT is a really intelligent player - watch his first touch whenever he gets the ball and how he keeps it circulating in the right area. Rarely passes back and rarely caught in possession. Good player.

hibee_girl
29-12-2012, 06:11 PM
While I like him and think he's come on to his game lately, for me he is still the weakest of the 4 midfielders.

Mark79
29-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Good game from him today. If it wasnt for Williams he was my MOTM. All three central mids were good mind.

hibbymark
29-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Wonder what he said to the ref when he got booked for the rugby tackle! Lennon was going nuts. :greengrin

Iceman1875
29-12-2012, 06:49 PM
While I like him and think he's come on to his game lately, for me he is still the weakest of the 4 midfielders.

tend to agree here, had a good game today though. Claros and deegan were immense!

lucky
29-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Was my MOTM. Really neat player. Always looking for a Hibs player

Jonnyboy
29-12-2012, 08:37 PM

So, the JURY is still out for you ............ hope they find you not guilty mate :greengrin

Some clown a few rows behind me kept ripping into Taiwo throughout the game. He was pissed (the guy, not Taiwo) and kept trying to start random songs on his own :greengrin

I reckon Taiwo is a good signing and will get better the more he plays.

Borderhibbie76
29-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Taiwo ran himself to point of exhaustion today, was immense but just shaded in mf by claros who was diff class!!

ano hibby
29-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Great rugby tackle for his booking. Sure Sean Lineen will be watching the lad.:greengrin

brydekirk
29-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Taiwo played well today, hope he enjoyed the game, he will get better. Imo

monktonharp
29-12-2012, 10:17 PM

Well done son, glad to have you a Hibee.slightly confusing when you say a midfield of Claros/ if Claros goes etc. but get your drift.

Iain G
29-12-2012, 10:49 PM

We have a collection of good sitting midfielders, we need to compliment this with one who will get forward and support our forwards

theonlywayisup
29-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Really like Tom Taiwo - good attitude, steady and reliable and IMO will get better. He is dynamite!!!

Bit early for a song for Tom Taiwo, but if there was one it has to be to this tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLqdR...eature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLqdRmwY6vc&feature=related)

'Cause I told you once
Now I told you twice
We gon' rip it up
Tommy Taiwo, Tommy Taiwo

Brebners Bookie
29-12-2012, 11:36 PM
We have a collection of good sitting midfielders, we need to compliment this with one who will get forward and support our forwards

Or alternatively a good wide player that will allow Cairney to go through the middle.

matty_f
29-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Taiwo has looked better the longer the season's gone on but today was probably his best game for us. The amount of running he and Claros did today was unbelievable.

Teuchter Hibbie
30-12-2012, 02:57 AM
Wasn't overly impressed with him at first, but he's really come onto a game recently as others have said. Tidy, accomplished CM, and works very hard for the good of the team. Loved his rugby tackle today, too - Lemon was hopping with fury on the touchline :greengrin

Winston Ingram
30-12-2012, 12:08 PM
I like him. He's more of a continuity player. Keeps the ball moving, rarely misplaces a pass but rarely plays a killer pass. Works his nuts off as well

hfc rd
30-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Think we have got a ready made replacement if Claros goes in the window in Taiwo.

Eyrie
30-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Or alternatively a good wide player that will allow Cairney to go through the middle.
This.

We could do with a goal threat from the middle of the park, as well as from the wide areas.

cocopops1875
30-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Great rugby tackle for his booking. Sure Sean Lineen will be watching the lad.:greengrin

Didnae wrap him up quick enough the boy still got 10-20 yards up the pitch :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2012, 01:08 PM
I dont feel he's Irish enough yet.

lord bunberry
30-12-2012, 01:14 PM
I dont feel he's Irish enough yet.

What if he changed his name to tom o'taiwo

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2012, 01:30 PM
What if he changed his name to tom o'taiwo

Maybe, perhaps if he had Daniel O'Donnell on his ipod i might change my mind

Stevie Reid
30-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Have liked him from his first performance, and he is getting better.

jon paul jones
30-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Taiwo was right in the mix yesterday. Midfield was awesome yesterday for their closing down of players. Distribution was a bit suspect but its all about the win.
Noticed Taiwo seemed to frustrating Scott Brown a couple of times yesterday which is a sign Hibs were winning the battles

SheriffLobo
30-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Taiwo was right in the mix yesterday. Midfield was awesome yesterday for their closing down of players. Distribution was a bit suspect but its all about the win.
Noticed Taiwo seemed to frustrating Scott Brown a couple of times yesterday which is a sign Hibs were winning the battles

I noticed that as he was subbed he even had a wee barge on brown. Just a kind of remember me moment.

Northernhibee
30-12-2012, 02:31 PM
One thing that I've noticed is that intelligent players seem to fare better under PFs system than impact players, players who can read the game or know how to influence others positively. The likes of Taiwo, Maybury, Doyle and Claros don't possess incredible pace, huge strength or cat-like agility, they read the game well and find themselves in the right place at the right time. It also probably explains why battering rams like Kuqi and Sproule aren't having much luck with us.

I'm looking forward to see who we sign in the next couple of transfer windows.