PDA

View Full Version : Players ratings

Pretty Boy
29-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Only watched on a dodgy stream with questionable quality but each and every player deserves a 10.

They weren't all at their very best but they all gave 100% and played for the jersey. Play with that passion on the 3rd and it will be a 2nd Derby victory in a row.

Scooter
29-12-2012, 05:03 PM
eveyone gets a 10 but special mention for me goes to the midfield 3 of deegan claros and tawio

bob12345
29-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Williams - 9

Stevenson - 7
Hanlon - 8
McPake - 9
Clancy - 7

Taiwo - 8
Deegan - 8
Claros - 8
Cairney - 7
Doyle - 7

Griffiths - 8

----

Wotherspoon - 6
Maybury - 7
Handling - 6

JoeTortolanoFanClub
29-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Stevenson was outstanding.

spike220
29-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Deegan put in a great shift, and all the midfield defended well, that was really refreshing and has been lacking recently.

Jones28
29-12-2012, 05:14 PM
10 all round, the players, the fans, tam the groundsman and the Celtic fans for not setting the south stand on fire

spike220
29-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Williams – 9 two very good saves

Stevenson – 8 looked solid
Hanlon – 8 Solid
McPake – 8 Good in the air
Clancy – 9 Not sure why he was subed

Taiwo – 8 Worked very hard
Deegan – 9 Very good shift, faded but you would never take off.
Claros – 9 played for the shirt
Cairney - 9 played for the shirt
Doyle – 8 played for the shirt, could have killed the game off if he had scored.
Griffiths – 8 Will Lennon by him?? Kept 3 defenders very busy, great goal.

Wotherspoon – 7 added nowt, made me nervous (but was probably given a specific task by PF could not work out what the task was though!)
Maybury – 8 had a good wee and looked okay
Handling - not enough time, good to see him used though.

PF Tactics 10/10

hibee_girl
29-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Williams 8 - Two great saves but other than that didn't have a lot to do

Clancy 8 - Good game, not sure why he was subbed
McPake 9 - Won everything that came near him
Hanlon 9 - Made some great challenges
Stevenson 9 - Solid

Taiwo 7 - put in a good shift
Deegan 7 - better than last few weeks but still seemed too slow, got stuck in though
Claros 10 - my MOM, he was everywhere!
Cairney 8 - good game, faded a bit in 2nd half

Doyle 9 - put in a great shift, helped out massively defensively
Griffiths 9 - for his goal alone :greengrin

Moon unit
29-12-2012, 05:31 PM
eveyone gets a 10 but special mention for me goes to the midfield 3 of deegan claros and tawio
Hope the stay away's enjoyed their golf and shopping trips! The easy option was opt out but it paid off sticking with it. -All the players deserve great credit(as do the fans!)today-Ggtth!:not worth

dmc1875
29-12-2012, 05:31 PM
A great shift from everyone especially mcpake, hanson, Stevenson, doyle and Williams.

On a side note.. To the people who BOOED Maybury when he came on.. Have a word. Unbelievable.

Wotherspiniesta
29-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Pat Fenlon- 10.

Been on a drab run of results, but he put a rocket up the players arse's before the game today.

Everyone was fantastic and played their part.

steviehibsleith
29-12-2012, 05:45 PM
A great shift from everyone especially mcpake, hanson, Stevenson, doyle and Williams.

On a side note.. To the people who BOOED Maybury when he came on.. Have a word. Unbelievable.
Not sure where the booing came from noone near me in upper west did but i def heard it.
good peformance from everyone .Claros broke up a lot Hanlon had best game for a while Stevenson did well again at left back. Griff did well with goal superb finish from tight angle great day well done Hibs :flag:

NorthNorfolkHFC
29-12-2012, 05:48 PM
East upper. Total tools!! Don't know who was shouting but the abuse maybury took and the amount of racist abuse was embarrassing!
Disgusted that these a**** support the hibees.

Brightside
29-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Only watched on a dodgy stream with questionable quality but each and every player deserves a 10.

They weren't all at their very best but they all gave 100% and played for the jersey. Play with that passion on the 3rd and it will be a 2nd Derby victory in a row.

Great game. All the players put in a great shift and didnt give up on any ball. Exactly what ive been crying out for. If they showed that much guts and determination every week we'd be in 2nd no bother. Special word for Fenlon for moving to a 5 in midfield. Perfect tactics against Celtic. MORE OF THE SAME PLEASE. :pfgwa

wookie70
29-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Some great performances from the team and also well done to Pat for the tactics which were spot on. Top marks for me go to Hanlon who I thought was magnificent in the heart of the defence with McPake but edges out his Centre Half partner for some of the tackles he made. Claros was also excellent in the centre supported by Deegan and another special mention should go to Doyle who I thought played well on the right and worked very hard for the team. Thought the Clancy sub was a mistake but Maybury did really well when he came on and his lung busting run gave the team a break and lifted the crowd at an important time.

No failures today and a bit of the form and luck seems to have returned at an important time of the season. Well done lads.

johnbc70
29-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Thought Doyle was outstanding, tracked back when he had too and must be knackered tonight. I have to admit I am not impressed with Deegan, seems to only go backwards or sideways, he needs to get his head up and move forward.

AlbertK86
29-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Williams - 9 Didnae put a foot (or hand) wrong

Clancy - 8 played well and took a booking for the team against a tough opponent in Samaras

McPake - 8 missed an early header but from then on was immense. Fantastic leader and his celebration at the end showed his passion

Hanlon - 9 I've given him plenty stick recently but today he was superb. Kept his concentration and won everything

Stevenson - 9 him and Cairney linked brilliantly in first half. Defended well today

Doyle 9.5 - he was the difference down the right. He closed and tracked brilliantly and fought for everything. Unlucky to be stretching when put over bar just before half time

Taiwo - 8 fought for everything and got wired into their big boys. Took a booking for the team

Deegan - ditto Taiwo

Cairney - 9 magnificent feet and brilliant at opening the play out. Faded slightly in second half

Griffiths - 9 quality finish and worked his socks off again.

Spoon - 7 struggled with pace of game but couple of good blocks

Maybury - 7 did all he had to with efficiency

Handling - 6 little time but took and put ball into corner to good effect

PF - 10 tactics spot on today

Fans 10 - back team to the hilt and the f u samaras chant was quality

HibeeSince85
29-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Pass marks for the whole team.

MOM for me was between Williams, Hanlon or Doyle.

Green&White
29-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Top marks for all. Especially that new guy TOM clancy according to the stadium "announcer"

hungryhibs
29-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Not sure where the booing came from noone near me in upper west did but i def heard it.
good peformance from everyone .Claros broke up a lot Hanlon had best game for a while Stevenson did well again at left back. Griff did well with goal superb finish from tight angle great day well done Hibs :flag:

Was in every stand was absolutely shocking he plays for hibs he had the famous green and white shirt on get a grip boo boys

AlbertK86
29-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Was in every stand was absolutely shocking he plays for hibs he had the famous green and white shirt on get a grip boo boys

IF the booing was for Maybury then yep shocking but for me my take was they were booing the decision to take Clancy off as opposed to a direct go at Maybury

On that substitution think PF was correct as Clancy had already been booked and with Thomson in charge we couldn't afford to lose him for the derby. Driver and novikovas both capable of causing probs so need Clancy playing

Dalianwanda
29-12-2012, 07:05 PM
There was no booing near me and if there was ****** them...we were great

hungryhibs
29-12-2012, 07:30 PM
IF the booing was for Maybury then yep shocking but for me my take was they were booing the decision to take Clancy off as opposed to a direct go at Maybury

On that substitution think PF was correct as Clancy had already been booked and with Thomson in charge we couldn't afford to lose him for the derby. Driver and novikovas both capable of causing probs so need Clancy playing

A hope not a was in the famous 5 lower and heard it near me and in east of subs where spot on today Clancy was tyerd u could see it played well hope u are right

hail1875hail
29-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Williams - 9

clancy - 8
mcpake - 9
hanlon - 8
Stevenson - 8

Doyle - 8.5
claros - 9
deegan - 8
taiwo - 8
cairney - 8.5

griffiths - 9

hibsbollah
29-12-2012, 08:35 PM
One of the best performances yet under Pat, and totally unexpected after Wednesday's debacle. So proud:flag:

Williams 8

Stevenson 9 beaten once by a clever break by Lustig start of second half. Otherwise absolutely faultless.
McPake 8
Hanlon 9 Magnificent.
Clancy 8 Sensible substitution by Fenlon after the booking. Careless with the ball at times early on but some vital tackles as well.

Cairney 8
Deegan 8 Got over some shocking early distribution and closed down everyone, as did the rest of the front six. Unbelievable fitness showed late on.
Claros 8 Got stuck in from the off, and daft though it sounds committed some important fouls that he wouldn't normally make. Won the midfield battle completely.
Taiwo 8 Our best midfielder by a ba' hair. Outstanding.

Doyle 8 Missed two clear chances first half and one second half. But his work rate in midfield was so immense it made up for it. How he worked that hard for 94 minutes I have no idea.
Griffiths 8 Great finish.

Subs:
Maybury- Faultless. Well done son.
Handling and Spoony- contributed.

Thomson- gave us most of the 50/50s, could have been a pen on Doyle after seeing it on Alba but over the 90 mins we can have no complaints. Thomson is a Hibby:flag:

Fenlon-:top marks

Northernhibee
29-12-2012, 08:43 PM
I mind lots of "If Stevenson is our player of the year then that says more about Hibs than him" comments last season. When will we accept that Stevenson is just a good player?

hibee_girl
29-12-2012, 08:44 PM
I mind lots of "If Stevenson is our player of the year then that says more about Hibs than him" comments last season. When will we accept that Stevenson is just a good player?

:top marks

Jonnyboy
29-12-2012, 08:47 PM

Don't hold your breath waiting. Those who don't rate him will tell you today was just a one off.

hibsbollah
29-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Don't hold your breath waiting. Those who don't rate him will tell you today was just a one off.

Personally I think we should just ban Lewis threads ( I'm no one to talk, I think I started the last one:greengrin). Another excellent performance from the wee man in (IMO)​ his best position.

down-the-slope
29-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Teams win tight matches.....

We watched a Hibs TEAM today - contributions from all 14 players...can't remember last time I would struggle to criticise any player for any aspect of their play.

Not a single opportunity was given to Celtic from self inflicted error - they had to work for the openings they had. You can't ask for more than that...just lets see it on a more consistent basis and we are a pretty good side

bingo70
29-12-2012, 09:03 PM
I think the pro lewis camp bring out the worst in the fans that are supposedly against him by going ott about any good performance he has so people like myself end up arguing about him even though he had a decent game today and I've said in another thread he deserves to keep his place as he did well today but I think again people on this thread are going over the top.

Not really wanting to get into another lewis debate though, he did well today, deserves to keep his place for Thursday and hopefully his progress continues as everyone wants him to succeed as he's got an excellent attitude

Jonnyboy
29-12-2012, 09:06 PM
I think the pro lewis camp bring out the worst in the fans that are supposedly against him by going ott about any good performance he has so people like myself end up arguing about him even though he had a decent game today and I've said in another thread he deserves to keep his place as he did well today but I think again people on this thread are going over the top.

Not really wanting to get into another lewis debate though, he did well today, deserves to keep his place for Thursday and hopefully his progress continues as everyone wants him to succeed as he's got an excellent attitude

:greengrin :wink:

LeighLoyal
29-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Was a gutsy display which you'd expect with Celtic pressing for a leveller. We defended really well as a unit, so I'd give top marks to the back four and keeper.

mim
29-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Williams - 9

Clancy - 7
Hanlon - 9
McPake - 8
Stevenson - 10

Taiwo - 8
Deegan - 8
Claros - 9
Cairney - 8
Doyle - 8

Griffiths - 8

----

Wotherspoon - 7
Maybury - 7
Handling - 6

Hiber-nation
29-12-2012, 09:21 PM
I thought Lewis was superb today, great interceptions, really good reading of the game and excellent use of the ball.

HibeeN
30-12-2012, 12:02 AM
I thought Lewis was superb today, great interceptions, really good reading of the game and excellent use of the ball.

Seemed to link up with Cairney much better than McGivern too, maybe because he's been playing at left back more often while McGivern has been covering at centre-half. Did well going forward as well as defensively and it would be really harsh to see him back on the bench on Thursday.