PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray at Dumbarton

Golden Bear
02-11-2012, 10:02 AM
According to today's Scotsman:-

Former Hibs Captain Ian Murray has joined the race along with ex-Hearts man Scott Severin and three other candidates for the vacant Manager's job at Dumbarton. The Sons are believed to want to talk to Murray, who also played for Rangers and Norwich City, about a possible player/Manager role at the Club

Well he needs to serve his managerial apprenticeship somewhere before returning to ER.

:wink:

Billy Whizz
02-11-2012, 10:34 AM

Former Hibs Captain Ian Murray has joined the race along with ex-Hearts man Scott Severin and three other candidates for the vacant Manager's job at Dumbarton. The Sons are believed to want to talk to Dumbarton, who also played for Rangers and Norwich City, about a possible player/Manager role at the Club

Well he needs to serve his managerial apprenticeship somewhere before returning to ER.

:wink:

What is Ian Murray doing at the moment? Thought he was heading to the States?

Golden Bear
02-11-2012, 10:41 AM
What is Ian Murray doing at the moment? Thought he was heading to the States?

He came back.

The last I heard he was having a pre-season trial with Dunfermline but it obviously never came to anything.

Billy Whizz
02-11-2012, 10:46 AM
He came back.

The last I heard he was having a pre-season trial with Dunfermline but it obviously never came to anything.

They've no money to sign anyone

SlickShoes
02-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Sure he is still in the US is he not?

He tweeted yesterday that he's about to finish up in LA and then head to Florida for a couple of weeks holiday.

Diclonius
02-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Would Murray be the youngest manager in the league?

Future17
02-11-2012, 01:13 PM
The Sons are believed to want to talk to Dumbarton, who also played for Rangers and Norwich City, about a possible player/Manager role at the Club.

Cracking journalism! :rolleyes:

Golden Bear
02-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Cracking journalism! :rolleyes:

Not so much the journalism but more a copying error by some idiot poster.

:greengrin

darwenhibby
02-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Go for it Nid, you'll be needed back here one day

Future17
02-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Not so much the journalism but more a copying error by some idiot poster.

You just can't get the staff these days! :rolleyes:

macca70
02-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Think the MLS is finished, don't need to go back stateside til about March for pre season.

HibbyAndy
02-11-2012, 06:57 PM
If true good luck Nid.

SMAXXA
02-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Go for it Nid, you'll be needed back here one day

In what capacity?

JIm
02-11-2012, 10:36 PM
In what capacity?

Left back :devil:

heretoday
29-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Just discovered Ian Murray is player/manager at Dumbarton. Good luck to him.

Jones28
29-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Always thought he would become a manager at some point

gackohibs
29-12-2012, 04:39 PM
currently 1-4 up at Falkirk

Jones28
29-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Ah top notch Ian Murray!

heretoday
29-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Great win for the Sons of the Rock!

IWasThere2016
29-12-2012, 05:15 PM
He'll have enjoyed sticking it to Pressley.

Jonnyboy
29-12-2012, 08:38 PM
4-3 away to Falkirk. Good stuff Nid :aok:

Mr White
29-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Nice wee feature on him at half time on alba, hope he does well there.

PapillonVert
29-12-2012, 10:03 PM
He was interviewed at half-time on BBC Alba during the Hibs v. Celtic game Came over as very thoughtful and intelligent.

I was impressed.

ronaldo7
29-12-2012, 10:08 PM
He was interviewed at half-time on BBC Alba during the Hibs v. Celtic game Came over as very thoughtful and intelligent.

I was impressed.

That's why he bodyswerved the BBC.

heretoday
30-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Possible future manager of Hibs?

I imagine Fenlon will go on to more lucrative employment after we have done the double or whatever.

CmoantheHibs
30-12-2012, 11:43 AM

I imagine Fenlon will go on to more lucrative employment after we have done the double or whatever.

Wish him well and who knows about the future.Many good managers come from players who do not have the greatest ability but maximise their strengths to the full through application, intelligence and understanding of the game.

SJNB Hibby
30-12-2012, 12:50 PM
And Yogi also got his first win with Hatlepool(after 20 winless) 3-2 AWAY to leaders Sheff Utd-impressive

hibby rae
30-12-2012, 05:00 PM

Came across really well in the half time interview on BBC ALBA. Hope he does well and in the future can be a success in charge of the team he loves!

ballengeich
30-12-2012, 10:16 PM
I hope Dumbarton give him time to show what he can do. They'll probably be relegated this season as part-time teams always struggle in division 1. Realistically they should not judge him on this season's results as they're the financially weakest club in the division. Even getting into the relegation playoffs would be a major success for him as a novice manager. Let's hope he learns his trade there and success allows him to move on to bigger clubs - maybe us eventually.

Part/Time Supporter
02-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Dumbarton are now winning 2-0 away at Morton, who are top of the league!

CallumLaidlaw
02-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Dumbarton are now winning 2-0 away at Morton, who are top of the league!

Make that 3-0. Will be one hell of an achievement if he keeps them up!

ozzie
02-01-2013, 04:50 PM
They also have 3 games in hand to the next team airdrie.

HibeeBigFly
02-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Took Dumbarton at 11/1 today. Delighted for Ian, what a great result.

Wilson
02-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Took Dumbarton at 11/1 today. Delighted for Ian, what a great result.

I had a pound on them. I wont retire just yet!! :wink:

leggeto
02-01-2013, 06:13 PM
know ian well and wish him all the best hopefully he can become hibs boss in the future ggthh:flag:

SMAXXA
02-01-2013, 08:43 PM
See hes signed Scott Smith on loan, interesting to see what other players he will get from Hibs, im gona go for Kujabi and hmm Caldwell if we bring in another couple of strikers

offshorehibby
02-01-2013, 09:23 PM
http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4278

At least the Dumbarton web site are on the ball

Velma Dinkley
12-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Another great win for dumbarton today. Ian has had a fantastic start to his managerial career. hopefully dumbarton will climb the league, stay in the 1st division and get to play hearts next season. Is there a young hibs player on loan there?

Mr White
12-01-2013, 05:06 PM
full back scott smith is.

ScottB
12-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Is Sam Stanton not there too?

Seems like a good idea to try and loan our youngsters to the same club if possible, so they not only get first team experience, but first team experience together. That Ian Murray is obviously well versed in the sort of thing we expect from our youngsters it's a win win. Would be great to see us loaning our youngsters out for him to work with.

davhibby
12-01-2013, 05:18 PM

Seems like a good idea to try and loan our youngsters to the same club if possible, so they not only get first team experience, but first team experience together. That Ian Murray is obviously well versed in the sort of thing we expect from our youngsters it's a win win. Would be great to see us loaning our youngsters out for him to work with.

I think stanton is at Cowdenbeath.

Well you never know, one day Ian Murray could be the hibs manager if he does well.

down-the-slope
12-01-2013, 05:18 PM

No - hes at the Blue Brasil

Murray wont get in his own team when fit at this rate :greengrin

heretoday
12-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Dumbarton are old faves of mine. Their current ground must be the most picturesque in the land too. Underneath The Rock!

Velma Dinkley
12-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Dumbarton are old faves of mine. Their current ground must be the most picturesque in the land too. Underneath The Rock!

I have to agree with that. The location is wonderful. The scenery tends to be better to look at than the football! 2 mins from the train station and pub. I recommend catching a game when in the west coast.

Craig_in_Prague
12-01-2013, 06:11 PM
they were 6/1 but as usual i didnt bet it despite being very tempted.

Sir David Gray
12-01-2013, 06:14 PM
They're on a great run at the moment, hope he can keep it going and keep them up.

Russell The Dug
12-01-2013, 06:28 PM
They're on a great run at the moment, hope he can keep it going and keep them up.

Hear hear. Though gig though but started off fantastic.

Murrays a sound man and I hope he's back some day.

JohnStephens91
12-01-2013, 07:02 PM
My friend netted the o.g that put Dumbarton ahead, so he'll be getting a text about that later :greengrin

Jonnyboy
12-01-2013, 09:24 PM

I have to agree with that. The location is wonderful. The scenery tends to be better to look at than the football! 2 mins from the train station and pub. I recommend catching a game when in the west coast.

They're not known as "The Sons of the Rock" for nothing :wink::greengrin

lobster
13-01-2013, 09:40 AM
Doing an unbelievable job. To come in and beat Thistle Morton and draw with the Pars is amazing considering the position he found them in. Murray with the Midas touch. Future Hibs boss? :thumbsup:

DC_Hibs
13-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Doing an unbelievable job. To come in and beat Thistle Morton and draw with the Pars is amazing considering the position he found them in. Murray with the Midas touch. Future Hibs boss? :thumbsup:

Dunfermline beat them 1-0 but they tucked away Partick, Morton and Falkirk in recent weeks.

lobster
13-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Dunfermline beat them 1-0 but they tucked away Partick, Morton and Falkirk in recent weeks.

Oops. Still a brilliant job tho. Good luck to him, hope they overtake Airdrie and the blue Brazil to safety.

LancsHibs
13-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Well done IM, really pleased for him. A massive 6 pointer next week for him against Airdrie! Good luck DFC

leithsansiro
13-01-2013, 01:18 PM

No, we don't always need ex-players. Fenlon didn't play for us, yet has us playing well. Same goes for Mowbray. What is with the former player becoming manager obsession?

zlatan
13-01-2013, 01:54 PM
No, we don't always need ex-players. Fenlon didn't play for us, yet has us playing well. Same goes for Mowbray. What is with the former player becoming manager obsession?

If he were to continue his work with Dumbarton with similar results he would be getting any job on merit as opposed to former allegiances. Will be a remarkable achievement if he keeps them up.

lobster
13-01-2013, 03:48 PM

Not always, no but not an obsession, just recognition of potential. I also think Jackie McNamara can develop as a manager and potential Hibs at that. If Murray carries on the way he going who knows?

lobster
13-01-2013, 03:49 PM
If he were to continue his work with Dumbarton with similar results he would be getting any job on merit as opposed to former allegiances. Will be a remarkable achievement if he keeps them up.

:agree:

lord bunberry
13-01-2013, 06:18 PM

I wouldn't call it an obsession but for me it brings the fans together and creates a bit more excitement when one of our. own is in the dugout

oneone73
13-01-2013, 06:22 PM
I wouldn't call it an obsession but for me it brings the fans together and creates a bit more excitement when one of our. own is in the dugout

Like with Collins, Mixu and Yogi?

Stevie Reid
13-01-2013, 06:23 PM
I don't know why people seem to think that it's only Hibs who employ ex players, it's common at any club for the contenders for a managerial vacancy to include former players who are doing well at other clubs.

Mr White
13-01-2013, 06:30 PM
I don't know why people seem to think that it's only Hibs who employ ex players, it's common at any club for the contenders for a managerial vacancy to include former players who are doing well at other clubs.
Totally, especially when the former player is also a fan of the club. Whether it works out or not is a different story though as pointed out above.

Wilson
13-01-2013, 07:28 PM

I don't recall too much discord over their appointments. Bringing fans together is one thing. Keeping them together requires results.

lord bunberry
13-01-2013, 07:32 PM

Im not saying its always going to be a success but generally they are popular choices who unite the majority of our fans

Prawn Sandwich
14-01-2013, 08:45 AM
There is a really good piece about Murray in the Scotsman. Click on the link below. Interesting comments about Yogi's management style during his tenure at Hibs.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/sfl-division-one/rock-solid-ian-murray-is-on-a-roll-at-dumbarton-1-2734789

VickMackie
14-01-2013, 09:53 AM
There is a really good piece about Murray in the Scotsman. Click on the link below. Interesting comments about Yogi's management style during his tenure at Hibs.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/sfl-division-one/rock-solid-ian-murray-is-on-a-roll-at-dumbarton-1-2734789

Whilst interesting to read I don't think Yogi will be too pleased with that.

Good luck to Murray though. I'll keep an eye on them throughout the season now. 9 points from 12 and they're currently on 14 so it shows how bad things were going before he arrived.

Still a lot of work to go and hopefully he can keep them up.

JimBHibees
14-01-2013, 11:53 AM

Good luck to Murray though. I'll keep an eye on them throughout the season now. 9 points from 12 and they're currently on 14 so it shows how bad things were going before he arrived.

Agree I am not trying to be disrespectful but :greengrin

VickMackie
14-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Agree I am not trying to be disrespectful but :greengrin

Whilst I think it's refreshing to hear a manager give us a little insight I think what he's said shows a little inexperience. Especially if you want to build up and keep contacts in the game. Unless there was no love lost between them previously it could potentially hinder him if he goes for a player at one of yogi's teams in future.

JimBHibees
14-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Whilst I think it's refreshing to hear a manager give us a little insight I think what he's said shows a little inexperience. Especially if you want to build up and keep contacts in the game. Unless there was no love lost between them previously it could potentially hinder him if he goes for a player at one of yogi's teams in future.

Would agree with that. Very early in his managerial career to be implicitly criticising another manager IMO.

--------
14-01-2013, 01:14 PM

Probably not, but IMO it's a pretty accurate assessment of how the second season went and what was wrong.

Hughes is in much the same position at Hartlepool as Murray is at Dumbarton. I wonder which (if either) succeeds in keeping his team up at the end of the season?

--------
14-01-2013, 01:17 PM

Well, if Hughes fails to keep Hartlepool in League One this season, he may not have any other teams in the future ....

Stevie Reid
14-01-2013, 01:22 PM

Stevie Reid
14-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Don't see much of a problem with Murray's comments - it is possible to criticise without being disrespectful after all. The worst thing about this board during the time that we were struggling under Yogi was all the disrespectful insults that were flung at him along with the (justified) criticism.

SMAXXA
14-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Don't see much of a problem with Murray's comments - it is possible to criticise without being disrespectful after all. The worst thing about this board during the time that we were struggling under Yogi was all the disrespectful insults that were flung at him along with the (justified) criticism.

I agree dont see anything wrong with his comments

Dashing Bob S
14-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Can I be first to advocate that Fenlon be dismissed immediately, and Murray be appointed to ER where he's given a fair crack of the whip for a week, then hounded out as a Hun traitor who never cared about the club?

Diclonius
14-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Murray v Hartley Edinburgh derby in three years' time?

(in before "BUT WILL THERE BE A HEARTS IN THREE YEARS' TIME?!?!?!?!")

Twiglet
14-01-2013, 02:59 PM

Agree. He talked about how the manager spoke to the players about how to play, but at the end of the day it's the manager who chooses the team and the onus is on him when it comes to results. I took it as something that Murray has in his mind when it comes to managing.

truehibernian
14-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Agree. He talked about how the manager spoke to the players about how to play, but at the end of the day it's the manager who chooses the team and the onus is on him when it comes to results. I took it as something that Murray has in his mind when it comes to managing.

There are a couple of in the know Hartlepool fans stating that thus far under Hughes there have been reports of players fighting, both in the dressing room and after news/media conferences, certain cliques appearing and being allowed to continue, loyalty to certain players (Steve Howard the striker being one in particular) and players being played out of position - he moved their best player Austin, a right back, into midfield - any of this sound very very familiar ?

However I wouldn't worry - us forum users know nowt about football according to Yogi - it'll no doubt be nonsense :greengrin

I'm pretty sure Nid is holding back and being very 'professional' with his comments. He'll go far in management - said it when he was still playing for Hibs - he'll be our manager one day soon.

Golden Bear
14-01-2013, 03:39 PM
There are a couple of in the know Hartlepool fans stating that thus far under Hughes there have been reports of players fighting, both in the dressing room and after news/media conferences, certain cliques appearing and being allowed to continue, loyalty to certain players (Steve Howard the striker being one in particular) and players being played out of position - he moved their best player Austin, a right back, into midfield - any of this sound very very familiar ?

However I wouldn't worry - us forum users know nowt about football according to Yogi - it'll no doubt be nonsense :greengrin

I'm pretty sure Nid is holding back and being very 'professional' with his comments. He'll go far in management - said it when he was still playing for Hibs - he'll be our manager one day soon.

One day maybe but that day will be some way down the line methinks.

He's still very much a rookie Manager and I would hope that he takes time to learn his trade.

--------
14-01-2013, 03:43 PM

Are these fans "real fitba' folks" who know what the game's all about, or just like us, know-nothings who criticise for the sake of criticising?

Oddly enough, I had heard the same rumours myself .... :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
14-01-2013, 08:20 PM

Probably not but it's factual so he can hardly complain

3pm
14-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Gid tactician folk ken whit's gaun oan. Shiiite wans didnae.

Velma Dinkley
14-01-2013, 11:34 PM
My dad is a season ticket holder at dumbarton and said Scott Smith played left back against Patrick and had a very good game. My dad is a man of few words! :greengrin

1987green
15-01-2013, 12:06 AM
I watched Dumbarton v Livingston reserves tonight Nid played 1st half has his team playing some very nice football although they lost 1.0 to a very young Livi team with a last minute goal but they all seem to be pulling in the same direction. Hope he does well there and moves to the next level of management. Was absolutely baltic tho brrrrrrrrrrr

thebakerboy
19-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Dumbarton win Gin now level on points with Airdrie Utd. with 3 games in hand , a great success for a very young manager.

IWasThere2016
20-01-2013, 05:34 AM
Do we know for certain that Yogi can read? :wink:

GO NID! :thumbsup: Had The Sons on ma coupon, sadly it was the Hibs (why do I never learn?) that let me doon!

theonlywayisup
26-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Now won five out of their last six games. Fantastic run they are on.

Well done, Ian Murray.

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

SMAXXA
26-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Now won five out of their last six games. Fantastic run they are on.

Well done, Ian Murray.

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

silverhibee
26-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Doing a great job, best of luck with the rest of the season Ian. :agree: :aok:

David_D
26-01-2013, 11:00 PM
Now up to 8th with games in hand over most teams. Doing a great job. Hope it continues

Sir David Gray
26-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Ian Murray's done an incredible job in the short time he's been there. They were practically dead and buried a few weeks ago so to now be clear of the relegation zone and to be aiming for mid table is very impressive.

Hope he keeps it up.

ronaldo7
26-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Gaun yersel Ian. Onwards and Upwards pal.:aok:

thebakerboy
26-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Now 3 points clear of relegation and a game in hand WELL DONE NID.

Part/Time Supporter
15-02-2013, 04:02 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21459005

BBC article about Murray's start at Dumbarton

Jones28
15-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Every confidence that he will be Hibs manager one day :agree:

JeMeSouviens
15-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Dumbarton league form 2012/13
Pre-Ian Murray: 13 games; W: 1, D: 2, L: 10
Post-Ian Murray: 8 games; W: 6, D: 0, L: 2

You can't say fairer than that for a start in management. :agree:

CorrieHibs
15-02-2013, 09:23 PM
You can't say fairer than that for a start in management. :agree:

We'd probably ruin him!

macca70
28-03-2013, 12:11 AM
50% win rate since taking over Dumbarton in November, mighty impressive considering they were in bottom 2 when he took over.

G W D L Win %
16 8 1 7 50.00

Twiglet
28-03-2013, 12:14 AM
50% win rate since taking over Dumbarton in November, mighty impressive considering they were in bottom 2 when he took over.

G W D L Win %
16 8 1 7 50.00

And they've beaten every team in the 1st division at least once.

Squealing pig
28-03-2013, 12:22 AM
8 wins 9 other teams don't add up mate

Jones28
28-03-2013, 12:36 AM
He will be Hibs manager one day :agree:

Spike Mandela
28-03-2013, 12:40 AM
He will be Hibs manager one day :agree:

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.:cb

KWJ
28-03-2013, 04:41 AM
Scored some amount of goals too.

Looked like he had to start building for life in Div 2 when he took over, miraculous job.

Twiglet
28-03-2013, 07:21 AM

Just going by the Dumbarton twitter. 9th win in a cup perhaps?

Danderhall Hibs
28-03-2013, 08:13 AM

Maybe they beat the other team before he took over?

Weir7
28-03-2013, 08:46 AM

G W D L Win %
16 8 1 7 50.00

Part time club in full time league. On a thursday they only get a quarter off a pitch at Toryglen to train on. A tuesday its a massive half a pitch on work on.

JimBHibees
28-03-2013, 09:33 AM
His recent record isnt so hot though is it?

KeithTheHibby
28-03-2013, 09:39 AM
He has done an amazing job since taking over at Dumbarton. I doubt whether an experienced manager would have been as successful.

I personally hope he manages to keep them up this season, would be a remarkable achievement given their position when he took over.

Danderhall Hibs
28-03-2013, 09:42 AM

2 wins in 2

HibeeN
28-03-2013, 09:42 AM

I wouldn't say that. 7 points from 15 in March, which is not bad at all considering the two teams they lost to were Partick and Morton who are sitting first and second.

Eric
28-03-2013, 10:03 AM

6 points from Ian's last 2 games as Manager which is more than the 5 points Dumbarton had in the 12 games before he was appointed.:wink:

Seveno
28-03-2013, 12:35 PM
6 points from Ian's last 2 games as Manager which is more than the 5 points Dumbarton had in the 12 games before he was appointed.:wink:

And IIRC, they have come back from 2 goals down on each occasion.

Boyle89
28-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Were they not bottom by like 12 points when he took over? Depending on the run in he could even guide them safe of the playoffs and if the pars get a significant points deduction he could have them pretty much mid table.

JimBHibees
28-03-2013, 01:38 PM

Fair enough just thought their results had dipped after a decent start.

Hibeez Boy!xx
31-03-2013, 10:24 AM

Former Hibs Captain Ian Murray has joined the race along with ex-Hearts man Scott Severin and three other candidates for the vacant Manager's job at Dumbarton. The Sons are believed to want to talk to Murray, who also played for Rangers and Norwich City, about a possible player/Manager role at the Club

:wink: Ian's doing a brilliant job at Dumbarton just now.

Mr White
31-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Has he played in any games yet?

hibee19
31-03-2013, 04:48 PM
I think an spl team should come in for him soon...

Hibby Bairn
31-03-2013, 04:54 PM

Hopefully very soon.

SmashinGlass
31-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Hopefully very soon.

Reading between the lines (in fact I don't have to because it's blatantly obvious), why on earth would Ian Murray want to ruin his managerial career before it's even started?

truehibernian
31-03-2013, 06:02 PM
I said two seasons ago (gotta have a wee gloat now and again) that Ian would be not only a good manager but Hibs manager very soon. Delighted to see his start go so well and getting a team to start scoring for fun and some screamers too. Absolute gent, good laugh and great all round temperament. Broad shoulders when required and dig when it's called for. But very fair and methodical. Saves his criticism for the right time and isn't afraid to question fan mentality, including Hibs fans. It's often required (myself included).

Only downside if he were to become Hibs manager would be if he makes Plukey his assistant :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
31-03-2013, 06:18 PM
I said two seasons ago (gotta have a wee gloat now and again) that Ian would be not only a good manager but Hibs manager very soon. Delighted to see his start go so well and getting a team to start scoring for fun and some screamers too. Absolute gent, good laugh and great all round temperament. Broad shoulders when required and dig when it's called for. But very fair and methodical. Saves his criticism for the right time and isn't afraid to question fan mentality, including Hibs fans. It's often required (myself included).

Only downside if he were to become Hibs manager would be if he makes Plukey his assistant :greengrin

I take it that you're not suggesting that he is now ready for the Hibs job...................or are you?

truehibernian
31-03-2013, 06:29 PM
I take it that you're not suggesting that he is now ready for the Hibs job...................or are you?

Nope, he's nowhere near it - he's still early days in his apprenticeship. But he has all the attributes on and off the pitch to be a very good football manager and man manager. He's picked up bits from some top top managers over his career. Even in his recent interviews you sense a steely determination - much like his playing days. Ian is a dedicated man.

I'm surprised his team is scoring as many in such quick time, but given he no doubt wants them playing like Arsenal I shouldn't be :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
31-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Nope, he's nowhere near it - he's still early days in his apprenticeship. But he has all the attributes on and off the pitch to be a very good football manager and man manager. He's picked up bits from some top top managers over his career. Even in his recent interviews you sense a steely determination - much like his playing days. Ian is a dedicated man.

I'm surprised his team is scoring as many in such quick time, but given he no doubt wants them playing like Arsenal I shouldn't be :greengrin

:thumbsup: Agree with all of that, I hope he goes on to serve a decent apprenticeship both time wise and through results, time will tell if he does indeed have what it takes to make it in the game as a manager.

hibee19
31-03-2013, 06:58 PM

To be fair I'm not sure Fenlon is ready for the Hibs job.

IWasThere2016
31-03-2013, 07:08 PM
He's doing a fabulous job. Well done to him :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
31-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Has he played in any games yet?

Don't think so but has been on the bench at least once as a sub.

If you fancy a few highlights they offer a free service (no commentary but good coverage)

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/sonsplayer/

Mr White
31-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Don't think so but has been on the bench at least once as a sub.

If you fancy a few highlights they offer a free service (no commentary but good coverage)

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/sonsplayer/
Nice one, cheers Jonnyboy :aok:

matty_f
31-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Delighted to see Nid doing well and it would be nice if one day he earned a job managing Hibs.

stoneyburn hibs
04-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Well done Ian Murray, the Sons were looking like relegation material until he was appointed. He got them to safety and achieved a draw today against the champions.

Hiber-nation
04-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Before he took over they had played 13 games and managed 5 points. Since he took over they've played 23 games and racked up 38 points. And they were favourites to go down. Fantastic achievement.

Velma Dinkley
04-05-2013, 04:32 PM
If the sons are playing on a day when hibs are not, get yourselves through to dumbarton. The train goes direct from edinburgh to dumbarton east, a decent pub is right across from the station and is 2 mins walk from the stadium. A kebab shop is also beside the stadium. Match tickets are cheap. What more do you want?!

Sir David Gray
04-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Well done to him on a fantastic start to his management career.

When he took over, they looked doomed to relegation and it looked as if the best he could do would be to stabilise the club and prepare for next season in the second division.

To have kept them up is a massive achievement, not only that but they've stayed up quite comfortably in the end.

He deserves a massive amount of praise for what he's done in such a short space of time.

Seveno
04-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Well done, Ian. Hopefully the start of a long and successful managerial career, culminating in taking Hibernian to a League and Cup double.

Jack Hackett
04-05-2013, 05:13 PM
If the sons are playing on a day when hibs are not, get yourselves through to dumbarton. The train goes direct from edinburgh to dumbarton east, a decent pub is right across from the station and is 2 mins walk from the stadium. A kebab shop is also beside the stadium. Match tickets are cheap. What more do you want?!

:hmmm: Can I have a Scottish Cup please.....Oh!.....and my own little island in the Seychelles.....or the Maldives. I'll get back with a fuller list later.

Well done Ian. Great start to your life in management. Keep it up, and we'll hopefully see you back one day

Alfred E Newman
04-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Well done, Ian. Hopefully the start of a long and successful managerial career, culminating in taking Hibernian to a League and Cup double.

Aye, Murray must go! , its definately got a ring to it.

Velma Dinkley
04-05-2013, 05:51 PM
:hmmm: Can I have a Scottish Cup please.....Oh!.....and my own little island in the Seychelles.....or the Maldives. I'll get back with a fuller list later.

Well done Ian. Great start to your life in management. Keep it up, and we'll hopefully see you back one day

No. You can have a hangover and heartburn.

Velma Dinkley
04-05-2013, 05:59 PM

No. You can have a hangover and heartburn.