PDA

View Full Version : Question Student Football Travel Survey for Tynecastle

student
28-12-2012, 02:12 PM
I am a 4th year Beng Civil and Transportation Engineering student at Edinburgh Napier University. My 4th year Honours project is based on how to best manage the transportation for stadiums which move from city centre locations to out of town locations. Hearts and Aberdeen are two clubs within Scotland that have been looking to move from their existing stadiums to new stadiums, located out of the city centre. As I am a student based in Edinburgh, I have decided to look at the move Hearts wish to make from Tynecastle to a location near to Edinburgh International Airport. I have prepared a really short survey which will only take 2 minutes to complete and will help me get a base understanding of how supporters from all clubs travel to a stadium to watch a football match. The survey is for both Home (Hearts Fans) and Away Fans from any club. Please take a couple of minutes to complete this survey which is strictly academic.

http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/09002998/travel-to-tynecastle-proposed-new-hearts-stadium/

DC_Hibs
28-12-2012, 02:43 PM
I am a 4th year Beng Civil and Transportation Engineering student at Edinburgh Napier University. My 4th year Honours project is based on how to best manage the transportation for stadiums which move from city centre locations to out of town locations. Hearts and Aberdeen are two clubs within Scotland that have been looking to move from their existing stadiums to new stadiums, located out of the city centre. As I am a student based in Edinburgh, I have decided to look at the move Hearts wish to make from Tynecastle to a location near to Edinburgh International Airport. I have prepared a really short survey which will only take 2 minutes to complete and will help me get a base understanding of how supporters from all clubs travel to a stadium to watch a football match. The survey is for both Home (Hearts Fans) and Away Fans from any club. Please take a couple of minutes to complete this survey which is strictly academic.

http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/09002998/travel-to-tynecastle-proposed-new-hearts-stadium/

Done.

At least Aberdeen's has a chance of being completed. Hearts self inflicted financial problems means the clubs future is in jeopardy nevermind being in a position to build a new stadium so its a pie in the sky proposal like their £51m main stand development has proven to be.

A council funded bail out is also a no go following the parliament and trams debacle. With their history of sexual offending from players, manager and fans many would say a move from the city to a less populated area may be beneficial and childrens charities may help with funding.

marinello59
28-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Done.

At least Aberdeen's has a chance of being completed. Hearts self inflicted financial problems means the clubs future is in jeopardy nevermind being in a position to build a new stadium so its a pie in the sky proposal like their £51m main stand development has proven to be.

A council funded bail out is also a no go following the parliament and trams debacle. With their history of sexual offending from players, manager and fans many would say a move from the city to a less populated area may be beneficial and childrens charities may help with funding.

Nope.

greenginger
28-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Just had a thought after completing the survey.

What if he is not a student but a Yam agent, trying to prove the Cooncil's crazy trams project will become profit making only if the Council build a new Yam Mega Dome at the tram terminus and everyone says they would travel by tram to the matches. :greengrin

JohnStephens91
28-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Just completed it, mainly because I might end up posting my survey on here too :greengrin

danhibees1875
28-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Just completed it, mainly because I might end up posting my survey on here too :greengrin

Snap. :greengrin

jgl07
28-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Just had a thought after completing the survey.

What if he is not a student but a Yam agent, trying to prove the Cooncil's crazy trams project will become profit making only if the Council build a new Yam Mega Dome at the tram terminus and everyone says they would travel by tram to the matches. :greengrin

I love a good conspiracy theory. This, however, isn't one. :wink:

There isn't likely to be any room for a stadium anywhere near the tram route. To succeed, the tram corridor needs industrial and commercial development operating five or six days a week not a ghost stadium with one match every two weeks. :greengrin

jon paul jones
28-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Done mate

Purely on the karma that we are allowed to put seven past the manky mob next thursday :pray:

KdyHby
28-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Was very impressed with the set up at Eindhoven, with a train pulling up at a concourse adjoining the stadium, also loved the heaters slung from the ceiling.

student
29-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Thank you for all of the responses to the survey so far. The information I am getting is really useful and I would greatly appreciate if anyone who has not already answered the survey could please do so. It only takes a couple of minutes to fill out.

Many Thanks

Emerald
30-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Thank you for all of the responses to the survey so far. The information I am getting is really useful and I would greatly appreciate if anyone who has not already answered the survey could please do so. It only takes a couple of minutes to fill out.

Many Thanks

Done, good luck.

semaj64
30-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Done, I have no issue with out of town stadiums but good to have a pub to meet in before hand, get a bit of the pre match atmosphere.

student
04-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Thank you again for all of the responses to the survey so far. The information I am getting is really useful and I would greatly appreciate if anyone who has not already answered the survey could please do so. On average it takes 45 seconds to complete, it really is that simple. The more responses I get the more accurate my data will be. I am only keeping the survey open for a few more days.

Many Thanks