PDA

View Full Version : E mail to club after game on Saturday

happiehibbie
28-12-2012, 11:53 AM
I felt i had to write to the club after Saturdays perfromance / result

TBH am a bit fed up of the "Show US the money" slogan and we will invest in the team.

The bit i struggle with is why would people who are struggling with cash want to give Hibernian money to come and watch a poor performance. Our facilities are fantastic no doubting that its the product on the pitch that is wrong.

I asked Hibernian to clarify why we dont invest / look for investers and how they can ask us to invest without offering a product.

Answer
No investers No one wants to invest. its up to the fans if we want a team according to the board.

I sugested a share issue i did not get an answer on this

I belive we are in the same situation as or friends across the way our owner / chairman does not want to invest anymore money in the club and we live of what we bring in
worrying times ahead

Lucius Apuleius
28-12-2012, 11:57 AM

TBH am a bit fed up of the "Show US the money" slogan and we will invest in the team.

The bit i struggle with is why would people who are struggling with cash want to give Hibernian money to come and watch a poor performance. Our facilities are fantastic no doubting that its the product on the pitch that is wrong.

I asked Hibernian to clarify why we dont invest / look for investers and how they can ask us to invest without offering a product.

Answer
No investers No one wants to invest. its up to the fans if we want a team according to the board.

I belive we are in the same situation as or friends across the way our owner / chairman does not want to invest anymore money in the club and we live of what we bring in
worrying times ahead

You have posted under the wrong user name mate.

Pretty Boy
28-12-2012, 11:58 AM

Answer

worrying times ahead

I would say that living of what we bring in is far from 'worrying' but in fact the correct model for any football club.

It had also been made clear at every AGM for about the last 10 years that STF is more than happy to listen to offers to buy or invest in the club if any are forthcoming.

marinello59
28-12-2012, 11:59 AM

Answer

I belive we are in the same situation as or friends across the way our owner / chairman does not want to invest anymore money in the club and we live of what we bring in worrying times ahead

No **** Sherlock. Imagine living within our means.

Chuck Rhoades
28-12-2012, 11:59 AM

Answer

worrying times ahead

Load of bollocks. Our whole aim under STF was to be a self sustaining football club. When has RP ever 'invested' in us apart from, I believe, taking no salary?

happiehibbie
28-12-2012, 12:00 PM
:faf:

just tell it as it is mate but as long as you are happy watching P!!! every week maybe you could invest or find an invester

happiehibbie
28-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Load of bollocks. Our whole aim under STF was to be a self sustaining football club. When has RP ever 'invested' in us apart from, I believe, taking no salary?

what part is bollocks WE HAVE NO MONEY !!! NO ONE wants to give us money

why dont we understand this

Mikey
28-12-2012, 12:02 PM
chairman does not want to invest anymore money in the club

This year's top up from STF is in here.........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?250693-*****Accounts-to-31st-July-2012-See-Them-Here*****

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2012, 12:05 PM

Answer

worrying times ahead

What did you really expect the response to be????

We are trying to be self sustainable, which is difficult enough in the current economic climate.....The Board have issued factual statements, asking for the customer to come back into watch.....If supporter's dont buy into this theory, we could well see a worse side than this season, is that really difficult to grasp, we really have no hard cash to invest in the playing squad outside of generated gate money......

marinello59
28-12-2012, 12:06 PM

But we do. That's why some of us are saying that we could sort , you know, go along to games occasionally. Mental I know.

Pretty Boy
28-12-2012, 12:09 PM
'I asked Hibernian why we don't invest / look for investers(sic)'

'We have no money / no one wants to give us money'

Haven't you just argued against your own point here?

The whole point of investing in a business is to get a return on said investment. Most football clubs don't make massive profits or pay dividends so why would an investor, unless they were a fan with substantial wealth or have an ulterior motive, be interested in investing in any club?

Caversham Green
28-12-2012, 12:12 PM

Answer

worrying times ahead

What makes you think a share issue would be more successful than asking the fans to attend games?

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Possibly time for the board to start implementing some cost cutting measures? I would start by closng the South stand apart from Celtc and Hearts games. Noticed on the official club web site, there was a un-needed jibe about Ross County's tiny away support. They could have been tucked into the lower West.

happiehibbie
28-12-2012, 12:21 PM
What makes you think a share issue would be more successful than asking the fans to attend games?

I dont but was just an Idea

On the other points raised O i go the games and have invested heavily in the tickest i have bought what I am not happy with is the product am buying

defend all you want but on the crowds we get the money we turn over we will not be an SPL club for much longer and wining a trophy well you never know

darrenmcintosh2
28-12-2012, 12:23 PM
How bad will that look a closed stand. Of they can't fill their allocation why close a stand looks cheap on our front

happiehibbie
28-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Possibly time for the board to start implementing some cost cutting measures? I would start by closng the South stand apart from Celtc and Hearts games. Noticed on the official club web site, there was a un-needed jibe about Ross County's tiny away support. They could have been tucked into the lower West.

well said

i have been saying this for ages I also sugested that we moved everyone down towards the pitch to make the place look busier

hibbill2002
28-12-2012, 12:26 PM

Answer

worrying times ahead

Which particular performance was this?

linlithgowhibbie
28-12-2012, 12:28 PM
well said

i have been saying this for ages I also sugested that we moved everyone down towards the pitch to make the place look busier

So to make the place look busier I get wet when it rains and I also have a poorer view!!! Don't think so!!

Beefster
28-12-2012, 12:30 PM

"No, you can't sit where you want. We want the place to look busy on TV."

Closing the South Stand makes sense because it would save money. Making folk sit at the bottom of the stands is just stupid.

Mikey
28-12-2012, 12:35 PM
In terms of cost cutting, there's not much left to cut.

Closing the south stand when a small away support is expected would be one of the next things on the hit list though. And that won't go down well with those who sit at the south end of the west stand.

And if that did happen it would open up that whole area to Celtic and Hearts fans if there was sufficient demand. Unfortunately the space isn't needed for Hibs fans.

marinello59
28-12-2012, 12:44 PM
How much would actually be saved by shutting the South? As Mikey says it will not go down well with those current paying fans who either have to shift seats because they are given to away fans. Throw in those with families who will feel compelled to move away from the usual neddish banter some feel Fitba justifies. Still, the East stand is designed for segregation, if that's the way ahead so be it.

Caversham Green
28-12-2012, 12:48 PM
I dont but was just an Idea

On the other points raised O i go the games and have invested heavily in the tickest i have bought what I am not happy with is the product am buying

defend all you want but on the crowds we get the money we turn over we will not be an SPL club for much longer and wining a trophy well you never know

My point is that a share issue is a one-off income and the last thing any responsible board would do is use it for working or short-term capital. In the case of Hibs or HoMFC there is no chance of any return on the investment, so it simply becomes a donation. If we can't get fans to pay money to see a football match we have absolutely no chance of getting them to pay money for nothing unless we try the Yams strategy of threatening to kill off the club unless they donate. Fortunately Hibs' future is reasonably secure without those sort of panic measures, but that means a share issue would probably be even less successful than the Yams one.

A share issue is a non-starter IMO.

Brooster
28-12-2012, 12:53 PM
it, if we don't win tomorrow I'm sending a letter to Petrie. I'm gonna have to stop coming on here. It's becoming over run by buffoons.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2012, 12:54 PM
STF tops us up each season, we lose money each season. Now we have a team thats been top, but sitting in a lowly 4th place at the minute.

Folk have wanted us to start punching our weight, well we are.

Its no surprise we lose money if we cant attract support when in a European spot.

Judas Iscariot
28-12-2012, 12:56 PM

Said this at the game on Wednesday...

Opening the South stand for all of 13 Ross County is just a waste of money...

They and almost every other team in the SPL's away fans could be easily situated in the West Lower towards the South..

superfurryhibby
28-12-2012, 01:02 PM
My point is that a share issue is a one-off income and the last thing any responsible board would do is use it for working or short-term capital. In the case of Hibs or HoMFC there is no chance of any return on the investment, so it simply becomes a donation. If we can't get fans to pay money to see a football match we have absolutely no chance of getting them to pay money for nothing unless we try the Yams strategy of threatening to kill off the club unless they donate. Fortunately Hibs' future is reasonably secure without those sort of panic measures, but that means a share issue would probably be even less successful than the Yams one.

A share issue is a non-starter IMO.

Share issue would allow fans a stake in the club. If STF really wants to ensure the future of Hibs and strengthen it's links with the Hibernian community then surely some supporter investment would promote this.

I do worry and wonder what would happen if STF lost the will or health to maintain his business interests. Given that he is 72 maybe the future of the club needs some thought now.

gegs70
28-12-2012, 01:17 PM
The thing we cant match is the wages the players can get down south, we struggle to compete with wages in their league 2. We really charge too much for football £28 to go to watch an under par hibs is nothing short of robberry especially in the current economic climate!

We need to make football affordable and build the fan base up again. All we are currently doing is robbing money from fans that do go week in week out. Maybe we need to find other revenues, like buying property, hotels, pubs close buy for food and cheap beer.....sports shops building companies tjen selling them on. We just need to find other ways to make a regular income.

Magnifique
28-12-2012, 01:18 PM

Answer

worrying times ahead

The on the park issues and general attitude in the club are Nothing to do with money at all

We have more budget than most, we are not scouting well enough other teams are finding gems we for the best part are not and for a club our size it's not good enough we need to headhunt someone to kick start it, just like the tims did with John Park. We are also very timid and easy to beat, don't think our players can get "fired up" why not? Why are we a soft touch?

Raising a million or so in a share issue isn't going to achieve much, we don't have the scouting network to use it well

In my opinion of course, but it's not a money issue wholly

oregonhibby
28-12-2012, 01:27 PM
I asked PF how much a scout would cost on a monthly basis. Surprisingly he replied £250. Now there is a tangible support for the club.

A scouting fund. For each coach that is £3,000 pa. If a fund was set up to raise £30,000 by subscription that is 10 for one year.

John Park was the biggest loss we have had in years.

Caversham Green
28-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Share issue would allow fans a stake in the club. If STF really wants to ensure the future of Hibs and strengthen it's links with the Hibernian community then surely some supporter investment would promote this.

I do worry and wonder what would happen if STF lost the will or health to maintain his business interests. Given that he is 72 maybe the future of the club needs some thought now.

Not in any real sense unless it was either a massive issue of new shares or HFC Holdings selling some of theirs. In either case the take-up would probably be low as we've seen from the Yams issue and the solution to the csh problem would still only be short-term.

The whole philosophy that STF has tried to instil in Hibs is one of self-sufficiency and in truth we're pretty much there - there's not a plug for him to pull in the way 'Mr Romanov' has done at the PBS. I suspect that's why the infrastructure has been something of a priority over the last few years - Hibs can survive without any input from STF, but we're seeing the down side of that philosophy at the moment. Without dobt the club needs to engage fans but a relatively small-scale share issue is not the way to do it.

gegs70
28-12-2012, 01:30 PM
I asked PF how much a scout would cost on a monthly basis. Surprisingly he replied £250. Now there is a tangible support for the club.

A scouting fund. For each coach that is £3,000 pa. If a fund was set up to raise £30,000 by subscription that is 10 for one year.

We did shoot ourselves in the foot when he left!

Craig_in_Prague
28-12-2012, 01:35 PM
The on the park issues and general attitude in the club are Nothing to do with money at all

We have more budget than most, we are not scouting well enough other teams are finding gems we for the best part are not and for a club our size it's not good enough we need to headhunt someone to kick start it, just like the tims did with John Park. We are also very timid and easy to beat, don't think our players can get "fired up" why not? Why are we a soft touch?

Raising a million or so in a share issue isn't going to achieve much, we don't have the scouting network to use it well

Well said !

Hibs can and do, pay more than most teams on wages - It's making best use of it, that's been the issue at Hibs. Not to mention the management fiasco over recent years. Wasted money after wasted money.

I suppose in defense of the OP, perhaps he is getting at the same point? i.e. Rather than the club asking the fans for more money to increase our chances of better sporting success, Can the club make better use of the finances they DO have?.......

Right now you have to say we have a manager that most should be quite happy with. Whilst the team is far from what we want, there's been a positive change and we're probably sitting a lot higher in the league than many would have fancied in pre season. Thus, you can see the board really trust Pat and are just trying to rally the fans to get more bums on seats, which = more money for Pat to spend. Evidence is he will spend it well.

It's all chicken n egg isn't it, but at the end of the day, Hibs finances should be strong enough for us to compete top end each year, we just haven't been very good at finding the right players or tend to spend more on players that aint worth it.
Signings like Cairney, Clancy, McPake, Deegan etc are positive and I'm sure Pat has lower league players being lined up (+ the likes of Liam Craig), Hibs like every club will need to move some on, before getting replacements in.

I think the fans are doing their bit, whilst the management team appear to be spending a little more sensibly on wages for players that bring something.
RP might be aware of targets and although he states the obvious, it's always worth reminding the fans that higher attendances = bigger budget for the manager... and in this case, one we trust to improve us further....

heretoday
28-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Oh dear. I've just heard the word Freefall in connection with the word Hibs for the first time this season.

Jones28
28-12-2012, 01:45 PM

We have no money, there is no one to invest in Hibs. So HOW are the club supposed to get money? The SUPPORTERS

Jones28
28-12-2012, 01:49 PM

This was an idea I suggested to the club a while back, but they said it would cause an inconvenience to our supporters. I have sat in the south end of the west and I have to say it was very sparsely populated.

silverhibee
28-12-2012, 02:01 PM

You could say the same about Donald Park too.

happiehibbie
28-12-2012, 02:10 PM
thought I would post responce just for the fun of it

Thank you for your recent email following the defeat to Ross County. Everyone takes the defeat very seriously. We all need to pull together to strive for better results on the pitch

There is no pot of funds to continually invest in players. The investment this season is significant. The results this season are better than for last season. The team is far from the finished article but has secured some memorable results so far this season.

As you say, it is tough times financially for all businesses. The success of the team will be defined by the commitment supporters wish to make to the team. There are no investors wishing to spend their money to subsidise the football we watch. We need to be self sufficient and to use the resources provided by supporters wisely.

Thank you for your commitment to your Club. We need others like you to make a commitment and to get behind the team and to help the team make improve over the course of the season.

Yours sincerely

Garry O’Hagan

Reception
The Hibernian Football Club Limited
Easter Road Stadium, 12 Albion Place, Edinburgh. EH7 5QG
Phone +44 (0) 131 661 2159
Fax +44 (0) 131 659 6488

Judas Iscariot
28-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Good reply

Get yer ***** along and help the club

oregonhibby
28-12-2012, 02:22 PM
You could say the same about Donald Park too.

Agreed.

SunshineOnLeith
28-12-2012, 02:36 PM
This year's top up from STF is in here.........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?250693-*****Accounts-to-31st-July-2012-See-Them-Here*****

One thing worth looking at in the accounts, for those people who are in any way trying to liken our situation to our neighbour's, is Note 22 - Analysis of Net Debt. Specifically, cash at bank of circa £1m. I appreciate not everyone understands everything in a set of statutory accounts but that part is fairly simple!

Given falling operating costs and, it's safe to assume, increased turnover this season so far compared to last, we're probably one player sale or a European qualification away from getting back to break even.

In summary, yes the team's a bit ****, but there's no need to start organising bake sales any time soon :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
28-12-2012, 03:37 PM
I always feel an open letter, or death threat to the chairman of the club is the best way to bring about effective change. It is also helpful if those writing the letters, or issuing the threats have knowledge of no more than one of the following: where the chairman lives; accountancy; football; the English language; how to dispose of body without getting caught; rudimentary Lithuanian.

lord bunberry
28-12-2012, 04:09 PM

I think our scouting policy is changing we seem to be looking to the lower leagues to try and find hungry young players and we always seem to be competitive at youth level but i agree it would be good to have a john park type figure at the club again and im sure pat will address this issue

stanton10
28-12-2012, 04:17 PM
it, if we don't win tomorrow I'm sending a letter to Petrie. I'm gonna have to stop coming on here. It's becoming over run by buffoons.

Good the mans only making a point ,christ are you right all the time,??

Famous5forever
28-12-2012, 05:11 PM
I think our scouting policy is changing we seem to be looking to the lower leagues to try and find hungry young players and we always seem to be competitive at youth level but i agree it would be good to have a john park type figure at the club again and im sure pat will address this issue

Maybee the scout that identified Kuqi should be shown the door waste of a wage, Paddy stated recently that he was working on bringing in new scouts and spending more time at the Academy so thats all positive.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Maybee the scout that identified Kuqi should be shown the door waste of a wage, Paddy stated recently that he was working on bringing in new scouts and spending more time at the Academy so thats all positive.

Maybe it was not in the papers some folk read?

Green Fish
28-12-2012, 05:14 PM
HFC do not do enough to attract existing fans and potential new fans to the club. There is little incentive or imagination when it comes to ticket pricing for kids.

Not enough work is being done in the schools and clubs in the Lothians and Fife to get kids interested and along - these people are the clubs future.

RP has conceded he was mainly responsible for the Calderwood fiasco, how much did that cost us? Alot more than attracting a few more fans to each game. He is a shrewd man but he cost us alot of money. What wage does he take - not many folk drive to the games in a Porsche Cayenne.

Get your fingers out and make ER a place where families and kids want to go.

Pete
28-12-2012, 05:21 PM

I hope you're right. That is the sort of change we really need at the club and will bring us long term benefits.

It might all take years to come to fruition though.

Rossco1875
28-12-2012, 05:28 PM

We need to start scouting the SFL instead of scraping the barrel of the lower english leagues for journey men.

greenlex
28-12-2012, 05:33 PM
HFC do not do enough to attract existing fans and potential new fans to the club. There is little incentive or imagination when it comes to ticket pricing for kids.

Not enough work is being done in the schools and clubs in the Lothians and Fife to get kids interested and along - these people are the clubs future.

RP has conceded he was mainly responsible for the Calderwood fiasco, how much did that cost us? Alot more than attracting a few more fans to each game. He is a shrewd man but he cost us alot of money. What wage does he take - not many folk drive to the games in a Porsche Cayenne.

Mostly Pish.

Green Fish
28-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Mostly Pish.

Care to elaborate

marinello59
28-12-2012, 05:47 PM

Apart from the decent family group prices. And the free season tickets for kids in the Famous Five. And the four free games included in the Hibs Kids membership. And the Kicks for Kids scheme. And the regular freebies handed out to youth groups. True.........they do **** all. :rolleyes:

lord bunberry
28-12-2012, 05:47 PM
I hope you're right. That is the sort of change we really need at the club and will bring us long term benefits.

It might all take years to come to fruition though.

Well it probably will but identifying hungry young players is something we can do right away we need more cairneys and less ohanlons

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2012, 05:49 PM

Nothing.

Green Fish
28-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Apart from the decent family group prices. And the free season tickets for kids in the Famous Five. And the four free games included in the Hibs Kids membership. And the Kicks for Kids scheme. And the regular freebies handed out to youth groups. True.........they do **** all. :rolleyes:

Points taken on board - so where is everyone then?? The reality of the situation is that the majority of people for a number of reasons (financial/shift work etc) won't make games every second week which puts ST purchase out of the window.

Hibs Kids is great -my kids love it but it's not enough. IMO kids under a certain age should be a fiver. I like many I would guess can't manage 3 kids tickets at £12 plus each.

If I'm wrong so be it but there are so many kids/groups out there that would love to go - get them involved.