PDA

View Full Version : Is

cad
28-12-2012, 04:54 AM
Making Hibernian football club , a hard to beat entertaining successful football club the hardest job in Scottish football. while watching another fitba coupon bite the dust on Wed ,I asked this question,of some of the faithful and what they thought have been some of the deciding factors in where HIBS are now, Rod , STF , standards of players , the SPL , the suits Regan , Doncaster ,Celtic and Sevco , paying your way football on the never never cake bakes, TV ,keeping the fans happy with token signings and ex players as managers , of which there are many .......
Willie Ormond , Bertie f...n Auld , King Paddy , Sloop ,Miller ,Duff Jimmy,McLeish,
Le God ,Picture Hoose Bobby ,Mogga ,JC, Mixu , Yogi ,C..t Calderwood and Pat.
15 guys in the Easter Road hot seat in 31 years since young Edward walked ,2 European Cup winners have managed The Glorious , 2 Currents ,
9 ex players ,and 4 others Eck , Mogga , Duff Jimmy and Pat, a wealth of knowledge in footballing terms you would think ,my personal favs being ,Eck ,Mogga and JC ,where has it all gone wrong, having a bad season and under achieving for 31 years is stretching it a tad.

I dont even bring Pat into this equasion , whats been the points you think have hindered Hibs being a more successful club or do you think in the grand scheme of things we have done well ??

spike220
28-12-2012, 06:18 AM
Making Hibernian football club , a hard to beat entertaining successful football club the hardest job in Scottish football. while watching another fitba coupon bite the dust on Wed ,I asked this question,of some of the faithful and what they thought have been some of the deciding factors in where HIBS are now, Rod , STF , standards of players , the SPL , the suits Regan , Doncaster ,Celtic and Sevco , paying your way football on the never never cake bakes, TV ,keeping the fans happy with token signings and ex players as managers , of which there are many .......
Willie Ormond , Bertie f...n Auld , King Paddy , Sloop ,Miller ,Duff Jimmy,McLeish,
Le God ,Picture Hoose Bobby ,Mogga ,JC, Mixu , Yogi ,C..t Calderwood and Pat.
15 guys in the Easter Road hot seat in 31 years since young Edward walked ,2 European Cup winners have managed The Glorious , 2 Currents ,
9 ex players ,and 4 others Eck , Mogga , Duff Jimmy and Pat, a wealth of knowledge in footballing terms you would think ,my personal favs being ,Eck ,Mogga and JC ,where has it all gone wrong, having a bad season and under achieving for 31 years is stretching it a tad.

I dont even bring Pat into this equasion , whats been the points you think have hindered Hibs being a more successful club or do you think in the grand scheme of things we have done well ??

What was the question again?:cb

Lucius Apuleius
28-12-2012, 06:30 AM
What was the question again?:cb

Is?

Eyrie
28-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Not entirely sure what the question was but there is no doubt that we have underachieved for many years. For example over the last forty years we don't even average making the quarter finals of either cup, which is ridiculous for one of the five biggest clubs in Scotland.

hibby rae
28-12-2012, 01:23 PM
If Sauzee is one ex-manager with a European cup winners medal then who is the other one? Alex Miller would have got one at Liverpool but is that who you meant?

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2012, 01:31 PM
If Sauzee is one ex-manager with a European cup winners medal then who is the other one? Alex Miller would have got one at Liverpool but is that who you meant?

Bertie Auld.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Bertie Auld.

The glory years.

cad
28-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Sorry for my badly written question people, Im not putting this very well .
Hibs have had 15 guys as manager in the the last 31 years ,is making Hibernian football club , a hard to beat entertaining successful football club the hardest job in Scottish football,as for a big part of those 31 years it simply hasn't worked ,trying to over come the OF itself is a monumental task.
I just thought if we were a side who were committed to playing entertaining football ,win lose or draw the crowds could see at the very least an attempt to play the game was made .
In all honesty Ive not been to many games where Ive walked away from watching Hibs play in the last 6 /7 years and thought I enjoyed that ,
Im not looking for Barcelona Im not looking for unbeaten runs, I just want to enjoy watching the Hibs ,am I looking for to much is it a hard job for Hibs to provide that for me , winning isnt the be all ( it would be nice ) but if you entertain me Im a happy , while most of it in the last few years has board the arse of me and I find it harder and harder to go.

SouthMoroccoStu
28-12-2012, 06:41 PM

New Forrest boss!?

Alex McLeish

lord bunberry
28-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Sorry for my badly written question people, Im not putting this very well .
Hibs have had 15 guys as manager in the the last 31 years ,is making Hibernian football club , a hard to beat entertaining successful football club the hardest job in Scottish football,as for a big part of those 31 years it simply hasn't worked ,trying to over come the OF itself is a monumental task.
I just thought if we were a side who were committed to playing entertaining football ,win lose or draw the crowds could see at the very least an attempt to play the game was made .
In all honesty Ive not been to many games where Ive walked away from watching Hibs play in the last 6 /7 years and thought I enjoyed that ,
Im not looking for Barcelona Im not looking for unbeaten runs, I just want to enjoy watching the Hibs ,am I looking for to much is it a hard job for Hibs to provide that for me , winning isnt the be all ( it would be nice ) but if you entertain me Im a happy , while most of it in the last few years has board the arse of me and I find it harder and harder to go.

I think we would all like to see entertaining football and i hope pat fenlon is the manager to bring it back but it will take time to build an entertaining team first thing he needed to do was change the loser mentality within the club and toughen us up. I would hope that in the next few transfer windows he will sign some more flair players to compliment what we have already because i like you would like us to play with a bit of skill and flair as it makes up for the fact that we won't be winning every week