PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths & McGivern. Captains Thoughts.

silverhibee
27-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Not looking good for them staying beyond January.

Hope somehow we can still keep them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20852286

gegs70
27-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Well Griffiths a bit of the boil but Im sure he will find his form again. McGivern I cant see staying other than ti extend his loan deal? We could be looking for at least anither 5-6 players if we lose our loanees in January!!!

adhibs
27-12-2012, 03:38 PM
will be big, big loses from an already threadbare squad. just hope the board get their finger out and we've got replacements in place for when were back after the winter break. last minute jouirneymen wont do

lyonhibs
27-12-2012, 03:40 PM

Eh? As in that's what McPake said about them, or is the thread title just cryptic/overdramatic?

Either way, if those 2 go, we won't be able to bring in players on their quality in January, I'm almost certain of that.

silverhibee
27-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Eh? As in that's what McPake said about them, or is the thread title just cryptic/overdramatic?

Either way, if those 2 go, we won't be able to bring in players on their quality in January, I'm almost certain of that.

OOPS i forgot the link, :greengrin sorted now.:aok:

neil7908
27-12-2012, 04:28 PM
I'f be interested to know why Claros is not mentioned in the article considering he's in the same boat as Griffiths and McGivern with his loan expiring soon and has, for me, been one of our most consistent performers this season.

Speedy
27-12-2012, 10:48 PM
I'f be interested to know why Claros is not mentioned in the article considering he's in the same boat as Griffiths and McGivern with his loan expiring soon and has, for me, been one of our most consistent performers this season.

It makes one mention.

Maybe its a sign that Claros is staying?

Sean1875
27-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Just out of general interest, where would folk rank the 3 loanees in order of importance?

Sir David Gray
27-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Just out of general interest, where would folk rank the 3 loanees in order of importance?

Griffiths
McGivern
Claros

LeighLoyal
27-12-2012, 11:48 PM
It's a shame because they are all good players but I'll wish them well if they do go. I just hope the replacements are more like those leaving and not some of the less stellar guys Fenlon's signed.

Judas Iscariot
28-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Griffiths
McGivern
Claros

Even after his performance in the last 6 or so games?

lord bunberry
28-12-2012, 08:40 AM

Griffiths would be the most important for me as im sure he will regain his early season form and score 20+ goals. Mcgivern would be next as he has been rock solid all season. Claros would be the least important as we have similar players to replace him

Jones28
28-12-2012, 09:14 AM
Hopefully Hibs are springing a surprise on us, I for one wouldn't mind Claros going. He has done well but I'm not sure if he's suited to being a midfielder in the SPL in terms of the physical side as technically he is excellent. Would still prefer to keep him as well as the others :agree:

Might be a case of no news is good news

J-C
28-12-2012, 09:21 AM
For me Griffiths is a must, forget his recent form as this can happen with strikers ( probably needs a rest and maybe ankle still niggly ), McGivern is pretty solid but was taught a huge lesson against Motherwell, maybe better as a CH but it's a strong left back we need right now. Claros for me made a huge difference on wednesday when he came on, we have 3 players all similar in midfield and he's been the best of the 3 all season.

thebakerboy
28-12-2012, 10:30 AM
I heard today that a player cannot have three loan spells at same club which means that the only way Sparky can stay is if we get him in on a permanent contract and maybe Wolves are being sticky about this. Not sure of facts re Loan Players but maybe someone on here can clear this up.

J-C
28-12-2012, 10:43 AM
I heard today that a player cannot have three loan spells at same club which means that the only way Sparky can stay is if we get him in on a permanent contract and maybe Wolves are being sticky about this. Not sure of facts re Loan Players but maybe someone on here can clear this up.

Is it not 3 loan spells with different clubs??

jane_says
For me Griffiths is a must, forget his recent form as this can happen with strikers ( probably needs a rest and maybe ankle still niggly ), McGivern is pretty solid but was taught a huge lesson against Motherwell, maybe better as a CH but it's a strong left back we need right now. Claros for me made a huge difference on wednesday when he came on, we have 3 players all similar in midfield and he's been the best of the 3 all season.

Tbh I think the reason Claros has been staying on the bench is because Fenlon's trying to get the team used to life without him, he wouldn't be there considering how good he has been this season (I know he's been injured), we can't do that with the other two due to our threadbare squad. Would be nice to keep them but if anything I think we'll hold on to McGivern and lose the other 2

Lurks

If he was to stay on until the end of the season would this not only count as an extension of his second loan period with us?

Hibercelona
28-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Griffiths
McGivern
Claros

I'd rather we held on to Claros over McGivern.

McGiverns constant dodgy pass backs to the GK would eventually cost us dearly.

basehibby
28-12-2012, 12:08 PM
It is vital that Griffiths is signed up - McGivern and Claros would also be great to hang onto but ultimately midfielders and defenders are easier to replace than a goals machine who wants to play for the club.

NB - I'm not convinved that any of these deals are dead in the water - Petrie playing the waiting game to try and get a better deal - risky business dut doesn't mean it's all over.

Sir David Gray
28-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Even after his performance in the last 6 or so games?

Yes. His early season form was always going to be difficult to maintain over the course of a full season but I've no doubt that if he stays, he'll have well in excess of 20 goals for the season by the time May comes around.

For any Hibs striker, that is an excellent return.

It is crucial that we keep Leigh Griffiths beyond January.

PeterboroHibee
28-12-2012, 01:40 PM
No clubs really spend any money these days, but its disappointing we arent looking at more than another loan deal for Griffiths. Hes a terrific player (even if hes off form at the moment), and could really push on over the next few years to make us a good bit of profit.

shetlandhibee
28-12-2012, 01:50 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20852286

get a full house at the Celtic game.

shetlandhibee
28-12-2012, 01:52 PM

:agree:

HibeeN
28-12-2012, 02:09 PM

Can't agree with this at all, McGivern has been our best defender this season. And his versatility means that he's even more important if McPake picks up an injury again.

Claros, meanwhile, is less important as we have Taiwo and Deegan who essentially do the same job as him. I actually think Claros is the best out of the three, and would rather keep him, but it's looking less and less likely.

Would prefer to keep them both, but think McGivern is more important.