PDA

View Full Version : Ross County central defender

GreenOnions
27-12-2012, 09:41 AM
The best player on the park yesterday I thought was the Ross County central defender Scott Boyd. He completely dominated Griffiths, won everything in the air and his ball control and passing were better than anything from Hibs. Anyone else share this view? I would definitely be interested in bringing him to Easter Road.

c31
27-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Every Ross county player was better than us in skill, attitude and how to win a footballs match.

Fenlon's reaction when they scored summed it up for me, he backed himself in to the dugout like he was trying to hid.

Juice-Terry
27-12-2012, 10:14 AM
The best player on the park yesterday I thought was the Ross County central defender Scott Boyd. He completely dominated Griffiths, won everything in the air and his ball control and passing were better than anything from Hibs. Anyone else share this view? I would definitely be interested in bringing him to Easter Road.

I agree. He was also the best player on the park when we were at Dingwall.

Ray_
27-12-2012, 10:22 AM
I agree. He was also the best player on the park when we were at Dingwall.

He was also outstanding in the cup final against Celtic.

GreenOnions
27-12-2012, 10:31 AM
He was also outstanding in the cup final against Celtic.

Has he ever been quoted for a move to a bigger club? I think he's 26. If he's consistently as good as he was yeaterday I'm really surprised he's not being touted for a move.

Don Giovanni
27-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Got.to agree. Thought Boyd had a comfortable afternoon, although our tactic of lumping high balls to small forwards probably helped - by comparrison his centre half partner looked a bit humpty IMO.

Also thought he was very good in the cup tie at ER a couple of years back (did he score the winner in the replay as well?). Boyd, Britton and especially Gardyne all impressed that particular day and yet we paid money and a large contract for Jimmy Scott :bitchy:

GreenOnions
27-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Got.to agree. Thought Boyd had a comfortable afternoon, although our tactic of lumping high balls to small forwards probably helped - by comparrison his centre half partner looked a bit humpty IMO.

Also thought he was very good in the cup tie at ER a couple of years back (did he score the winner in the replay as well?). Boyd, Britton and especially Gardyne all impressed that particular day and yet we paid money and a large contract for Jimmy Scott :bitchy:

:-\ Yes it's all about the scouting in this post-bosman era. I'd like to see us go for Boyd I have to say. Don't know what his contract situation is tho.

Diclonius
27-12-2012, 11:07 AM
He's from the Lothians, anyone know if he supports us (or them)?

lucky
27-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Said the same thing at the game. Thought he played very well

Franck Stanton
27-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Have to admit he did play well, however.......we didn't really do very much in a quality attacking sence so it wouldn't have been his hardest days work. Most SPL centre halves like to play against us.

Geo_1875
27-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Is that the ginger guy? He's looked good against us in both games, but we haven't performed in either game so I'd need to see more of him against other teams before I went overboard about him.

Crab apple
27-12-2012, 02:52 PM
He was good as was their number 11 Vigurs. He also spent a lot of the afternoon bending the refs ear and noising up our defenders. He looked really up for it, something that should be a given but is often not the case.

hibs supporter
27-12-2012, 03:45 PM
im sure he was linked to us when adams was at hibs

neil7908
27-12-2012, 04:23 PM
He's looked pretty solid the few times I've seen him. But I'm also very wary of rating players on their peformances versus Hibs. We have an incredible ability to make poor players look decent and decent players look brilliant.

shetlandhibee
28-12-2012, 02:41 AM
I also like the look of richard brittian and ian vigurs:)

darrenmcintosh2
28-12-2012, 07:33 AM
That Boyd would have Played and trained with LG st livi throughout the years. So prob knows his game down to a tee

Sweet Left Peg
28-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Ian Vigurs is a player we should be going for. A natural left sided player with a positive approach, creative skills and good for a few goals. It would also allow Cairney to do his stuff where he would be more dangerous. Provided that our management have ambitions to move away from this rather defensive central midfield partnership.

cabbageandribs1875
28-12-2012, 08:54 AM
He's looked pretty solid the few times I've seen him. But I'm also very wary of rating players on their peformances versus Hibs. We have an incredible ability to make poor players look decent and decent players look brilliant.

all of this

ancient hibee
28-12-2012, 05:46 PM

Where was he when McPake,Doyle and Griffiths all got free headers (and missed them)?