27-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Seems a bit brutal...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20679610

El Gubbz
27-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Would he need paid off or is was he still on his 12 week probation? :greengrin

Pretty Boy
27-12-2012, 10:49 AM
His record since taking over is shocking. Think they were in the play off places at the time, they most definitely arent now.

Just think of the hurt we might have avoided had we punted Calderwood after 57 days.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2012, 10:54 AM
His record since taking over is shocking. Think they were in the play off places at the time, they most definitely arent now.

Just think of the hurt we might have avoided had we punted Calderwood after 57 days.

Or just think if we'd appointed Berg as manager? :wink:

http://11x2.com/news/885024/scottish-premier-league-manchester-united-legend-henning-berg-wants-hibs-job

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Just on SSN that McLeish is 4/7 for the Forest job. WTF????. I know that the water down there is great for beer, but there must be something else in it the day.

Future17
27-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Just on SSN that McLeish is 4/7 for the Forest job. WTF????. I know that the water down there is great for beer, but there must be something else in it the day.

Don't think he's a ridiculous shout.

They need a manager with proven experience of getting a club promoted to the Premiership. His overall record with Birmingham was pretty good, including a League Cup win, until the relegation season. The Villa job is one he should never have taken and I think it's clear their problems run deeper than the manager.

Forest could do a lot worse.

As for Berg, the Blackburn owners have messed that Club up completely. They probably should have emptied Steve Kean prior to relegation, but instead waited until he was doing a decent job and had them in a good league position. They have a big problem with fan disenchantment which the appointment of Berg was never going to resolve.

They will have to offer very lucrative terms and a sizeable transfer fund to attract a manager the fans will be happy with. I can't see that happening.

johnbc70
27-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Blackburn were second in the league I think when they sacked Kean. Sure he has a smug smile on his face this morning.

LancashireHibby
27-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Despite the stick that Petrie gets, the clowns in charge at Ewood show that we could be a LOT worse off. Does at least raise a chuckle for those of us down the road (especially as BWFC aren't in much better shape at the minute!)

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Forest have emptied their manager too, a point outside the play off places, seems harsh, they looked like a decent side yesterday.

heretoday
27-12-2012, 02:05 PM
McLeish would be a good appointment for Forest. He did actually save Villa from relegation did he not?

Better than Roy Keane anyway.

Hiber-nation
27-12-2012, 02:06 PM

Sacking O'Driscoll is mental. Forest were superb yesterday. McLeish is yesterday's man.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Good quote from a boy on SSN that is head of one of Blackburn's supporters groups. Amongst all the statements coming out from the board and those in charge about taking the club forward, he is looking for the guy that took the decision to appoint Berg to come forward and accept the responsibilty for what they are now saying hasn't worked.

Piqué
27-12-2012, 04:27 PM
I thought they already sacked Steve Kean a while back.....