PDA

View Full Version : Forwards

GreenArmy1875
27-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Again im not one for normally shooting down individuals but i thought Doyle and especially Griffiths never showed for the ball when the wide man got on it there seemed to be a huge gap between their full backs and centre halfs and not one of them exploited it and made the same runs. Both i thought had a poor game yesterday and Griffiths looked uninterested until we conceded and then starting pinging shots from anywhere. We looked poor yesterday but our movement up top was shocking.

Did anyone else notice this?

I still believe we will become good once we get the right re enforcements in but just a pointer about todays game not previous games

lord bunberry
27-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Again im not one for normally shooting down individuals but i thought Doyle and especially Griffiths never showed for the ball when the wide man got on it there seemed to be a huge gap between their full backs and centre halfs and not one of them exploited it and made the same runs. Both i thought had a poor game yesterday and Griffiths looked uninterested until we conceded and then starting pinging shots from anywhere. We looked poor yesterday but our movement up top was shocking.

Did anyone else notice this?

I still believe we will become good once we get the right re enforcements in but just a pointer about todays game not previous games

I think one of the main problems is that they are having to come to deep to get the ball we need more creative players in the midfield to allow our two strikers to play further up the pitch

GreenArmy1875
27-12-2012, 09:29 AM
I think one of the main problems is that they are having to come to deep to get the ball we need more creative players in the midfield to allow our two strikers to play further up the pitch

Yeah i agree but i just think there was huge gaps that i thought someone of Griffiths ability and pace could have exploited. Spoony had a go at them both in the first half for not making that run but it didnt seem to change. Their game plan worked come frustrate us and defend for the game and get a break up the park.

hibs4thecup1988
27-12-2012, 09:41 AM
There was a moment in the 2nd half when I think wotherspoon was furthest forward but not one person was in the box. He had to turn back and lost the ball. He got all the abuse from around me but in my view it was the other people supporting(or not) who were at fault.

Griffiths hasn't been at the races for the last 6/7 games. Don't know if that's to do with an injury or what.

Golden Bear
27-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Yeah, yeah ---------------- but in the main it's been the same all season.

Lessons are not being learnt and that is both annoying and frustrating.

Pretty Boy
27-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Doyle and Griffiths seemed determined to play about 60 yards apart yesterday. The number of times Griffiths was hogging the touchline on one side and Doyle began to drift the other way was unbelievable. There was zero movement and nothing to aim at.

As said above partly that was due to the complete and utter unwillingness of the midfield to get forward. Wotherspoon must have been a defenders dream yesterday. Get the ball, cut inside, stepover with no effect, try to cut back outside to get onto his right foot, lose the ball. All the defender had to do was show him inside and he knew the danger was gone. We also seemed determined not to overlap or move out wide. The number of times we had the ball out wide and the only option was a player standing still as a statue 4 yards away on the touchline was painful. No attempt whatsoever to get in behind the full back. The one time Doyle did manage it, Griffiths stood still admiring his pass and no midfielder had made a move forward, Doyle had to check back twice and still no one was in the middle and eventually he lost the ball, cue unmerited abuse for him.

whiskyhibby
27-12-2012, 11:19 AM
The build up play from the back was too ponderous, letting RC regroup and get men behind the ball, when they did venture into the Hibs half, we just didn't have anyone capable of making the passes from midfield yesterday to unlock them

gegs70
27-12-2012, 11:28 AM
There was a moment in the 2nd half when I think wotherspoon was furthest forward but not one person was in the box. He had to turn back and lost the ball. He got all the abuse from around me but in my view it was the other people supporting(or not) who were at fault.

Griffiths hasn't been at the races for the last 6/7 games. Don't know if that's to do with an injury or what.

Yep I saw that, there was no one in the box. At times they woukd shift the ball to the left, to McGivern and he would only haveCairnie for support. No one would be looking to support or were slow to look fir the ball.

Golden Bear
27-12-2012, 11:35 AM
On a similar theme, last week against Kilmarnock there were occasions when Cairney received the ball in a wide left position and he was immediately surrounded by a posse of defenders. There was no movement from any of the Hibs players to provide support and give him some options.

Thou shall not venture too far into the opposing team's half seems to be the new commandment.

happiehibbie
27-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Guys its simple

Tempo of play way to slow
we have a leftside player on the right and a rightside player on the left (i never understand that)
we hoof the ball up the park and hopefully get somewere

what is our formation is it 442 is 4 51 or lharry potters famous 4 6 0 becuase that is what is happening throughout the game

we are in a bit of a mess still yesterday was the worst i have seen including last season.
Mr Petrie wants the fans to come back so we can invest but why would we come back to watch this the edinburgh Suite yesterday was not a happy place all saying the same thing FLOGGING A DEAD HORSE

the way I see it is that if a supermarket sells you rubish you dont go back until they start selling what you want. Hibs want it the other way round they want us to continually give them money Mr Pettrie this is not going to happen the 8 to 9 k of people is our diehards now we are getting a bit fed up of these performances YOU need to change direction or get someone in to help change direction we need investors maybe even a share issue but we need some major cash injection and guess what THATS YOUR JOB,

silverhibee
27-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Griffiths has went of form since his call up to the Scotland squad, either that or he has other things on his mind.

Hopefully he can get back on track against celtc. :agree: